trapped

A Good Place

"You shouldn't be lurking around this room at this time, it's dangerous."

 

"Oh god! You startled me." The young woman accidentaly hit a few books on the shelf she was leaning on in the almost complete darkness of the spaceous room, her heart now beating fast inside her chest from the small scare. Regaining ther composure, she turned around and her eyes met the figure leaning against the farthest wall.

 

"What are you doing here. I told you to never come back, I thought I made that quite clear." Dahyun's voice was strong and void of any emotion, her left eyebrow raised and eyes cold. She looked like she'd rather be anywhere else but there.

 

"I know, but I just couldn't do that." The brunette muttered a few words in her head and suddenly the place became more visible because the chandelier's candles lit up on their own, making the path to Dahyun easy. The witch smiled at how the confusio spell casted on the room to make every human lose their way before finding what they look for was completely uneffective against her now. She walked slowly to the blonde-haired girl's direction.

 

"You have to, it's for your safety. I'm a vengeful spirit, Sana. I'll end up hurting you, just like I did with others. That's why I'm locked inside this room, that you shouldn't even have access in the first place. Cordelia is becoming negligent." The young ghost huffed in annoyance but found extremely curious and surprisind the fact that somehow Sana could simply walk across the room now when in all the other times they met during the past months, the only way they could touch or come near one another was if Dahyun herself allowed the young witch to.

 

The supreme witch of their coven cast a spell to keep anyone from finding her and her doll inside the secret room after an incident that ended up with one of them dead because of Dahyun. An innocent apprentice unlocked and went inside when she shouldn't, not knowing what was inside and was brutally killed by her. After they found her remainings hanging upside down on the chandelier, Cordelia revived the poor witch and made sure no one ever made the same mistake again.

 

"Actually she has no idea I'm here, I kind of...Can turn invisible whenever I want now, along with other cool perks that come with being the next supreme. There's a clone in my bed right now and I didn't even need to steal her key, I just teleported inside this room. She'll never suspect a thing." Sana came closer and closer to Dahyun, invading her personal space and smiling brightly despite the other girl's clearly uncomfortable but now stunned expression.

 

"Oh. That's... Really cool. Still, I'm sorry but you should go."

 

"I won't leave you again, I'd miss you too much. It's been months now, Dahyun-ah. I can't stay away anymore." Sana raised her right hand and touched the blonde's face affectionately, the warm feeling of the witch's fingers on her cheek making Dahyun sigh and bit down her lip.

 

"What if I blackout like last time and kill you?" Sana could see clearly how her lover was just scared for her, wanting to keep her away only to make sure she is safe and out of any danger she could cause. But the brunette was not afraid or would ever be, she never felt endangered by Dahyun even when she was brought to the house by Cordelia to be sealed inside the secret room.

 

"To live knowing I ended your life, trapped forever inside this ing doll remembering you endlessly. I can't, I just can't turn you into one more body and probably a freaking character in a stupid horror movie. That's why Cordelia locked me down here, so I could live in peace and not disturb the living anymore. God knows we can't afford another antichrist."

 

"That won't happen, love. It's different now." Sana said, her forehead touching Dahyun's and both hands caressing her small and pale face. There was worry and insecurity in her expression, but she didn't make any attempt of escaping the witch's hold on her.

 

"Different how? I'm a spirit Sana, a dangerous, murderous one. We can't ever be together. "

 

"We were before, and we still can be. Especially now. I found a way, Dahyun. You won't ever blackout again, and you'll be finally free from Annabelle." The young ghost gasped in surprised, her eyes flickering between Sana's.

 

"Is...Is that even possible? Not even Cordelia could-"

 

"She's not the most powerful witch in the world anymore, Dahyun-ah. I am. And yesterday I finally felt it, I can free you from this ugly evil doll. Yeah, it's her and not you. All this time, your spirit has been drained and used by evil energy beyond this world. That's why you can't remember a thing when you murder someone or who has chained you to the doll. It's a vessel touched by a demon, it the good in your soul out and the evil goes in, like a sponge effect. It was never you...And I can take care of it now, all you have to do is trust me."

 

"I do, more than anything in this world or the others."

 

"Then come here, my love." 

 

As if in slow motion, Sana cupped Dahyun's cheeks with care and leaned into her, giving her a long and loving kiss. It lasted for a few minutes, both of them knowing this moment was different than the others they had before. It meaned something more, their minds and heart could feel it. Yet, neither could see the way both of their skins started glowing in gold as bright as the sun while they kissed or how every witch outside the room stopped whatever they were doing, sensing the intense exchange of energy.

 


Outside in the gardens, Cordelia smiled and nodded to herself as she smelled the wonderful scent of her moonflowers. She was impressed and delighted at Mina for being such a good clairvoyant at such a young age, and immensely proud to have Sana as the next supreme.

 

"You'll do well, Minatozaki Sana. I'm sure of it."


 

"How are you feeling?" The witch pecked her lover's lips a few more times, embracing her warmly. Dahyun didn't respond for a few minutes, trying to grasp everything that happened during that kiss. It felt like a million things changed inside of her and at the same time, nothing at all. But one thing for sure, the blonde could now feel Sana's soul as if it was her own.

 

Like she just found the other part of her soul.

 

"...Light. Like I could literally do anything. I feel happy and warm and... Free. God, I can't believe this. You did it Sana! Before, It felt like I carried the weight of the world on my shoulders and now I'm as light as a feather! Thank you!" Dahyun hugged her and started jumping around in pure delight. Then as if the room itself was alive and had acknowledged the deep change inside, it opened all the windows that were once unopenable, the moon shining brightly outside. Beautiful and inviting.

 

Not wasting time, the now free spirit ran to the main window to take a better look. For years and years she was trapped in shadows without knowing who she truly was, and now she could see everything clearly. All the doors and all the windows were opened for her in a world of possibilities. She was excited and thankful beyong belief. Behind her, Sana could only admire the way the moonlight made Dahyun even more beautiful. She sighed, realizing this could be their last moment together. 

 

"Will I see you again?" She couldn't help but ask, with eyes glossy and trembling voice. Dahyun turned to her with furrowed eyebrows, confused yet laughing like a kid on Christmas.

 

"What? What you you mean?"

 

Sana sighed, hating the egoistic part of her who wished for a second to not have freed her lover so soon, so she could be with her for a little more time. Just a little more. She ignored her aching heart and with a bittersweet smile she explained Dahyun's situation as it seemed the young spirit hadn't realized it yet.

 

"You're free now, Dahyun. You can go wherever you want, and to whatever you feel like doing... You can go above. You can get eternal rest, or in another words...You can go to heaven."

 

Dahyun blinked several times in an almost comic way, making Sana chuckle at her cuteness. 

 

I'll miss this. She thought.

 

"I'm a spirit. A good spirit, that means not plagued by evil anymore. Kim Dahyun is no longer a vengeful spirit."

 

"Yes, that's correct."

 

 

 

 

"In that case, you'll have to introduce me to the rest of your witch friends. They'll see me around for years so it's only approppriate-"

 

Sana didn't let the blonde finish her sentence. She jumped into her arms and kissed her passionately, tears rolling down her eyes and butterflies flying all over her tummy.

 

They both laughed loudly after it.

 

"I love you too, most powerful witch in the world."