4/5

I’m so in love (and will you love me too?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S: Please read the author's note, I will be very grateful if you're willing to hear (see?) me out on this chapter.

 

Yena loves teasing Sakura, and Sakura enjoys teasing her back, she’s fun and cute, her reactions are interesting and Yena thinks that teasing her will ever get boring. They often bicker and fight, spill profanities when they deem appropriate and hilarious to do so. They have a dynamic similar to Tom and Jerry’s.

In the past, Yena purposefully went overboard in her tactics sometimes, in attempt to trigger the rare emotions of irritation or frustration within Sakura, but Sakura remained unfazed and amused at Yena’s barmy acts, and she would proudly wear a sardonic smug to mock Yena’s futile attempts, which instead irritated the latter. (It all back fired, in simple words.)

Sakura is cool like that.

Yena realised that she would not live long enough to see Sakura lose her temper. After coming to that conclusion, she became more cautious when dealing with Sakura because Sakura is either a saint, or she has a lot of repressed anger. (Bottled up frustrations that could make anyone a monster when they finally lose it, Yena is a sprinter but she doubts that she can run away from Sakura.)

Sakura is not evil, but Yena knows Sakura isn’t the kindest person too. Yena does not want to face Sakura’s wrath, so she behaved herself and kept her teasings mild, while she cockily switched her target of teasings to Yuri.

Yena is glad that she has done so.

Because just look at this.

Yena is scared out of her wits by the ruthlessness in Sakura’s treatment towards her poor game controller, (I mean she probably owns more of them.) The erratic tapping and clicking of the buttons only uneased her further. She happily arrived at the dorm after receiving a message from Sakura, thinking that they are going to spend a great time gaming , but the moment Sakura did not verbally acknowledge her presence at the door and then solo-played in silence for an hour stated otherwise.

She subtly glanced at Sakura in her adorable pink pyjamas but Yena doesn’t think that Sakura is looking very cute now.

There is no sort of light or reflection illuminated on her eyes and the iris of her eyes had darkened till the point where the iris and pupils just combine into one giant black hole which Yena finds extremely daunting. 

Oh, and the way she grits her teeth and her jaw tensed, pushing out the green veins along her neck? Yena can almost imaging herself swinging the baseball bat nested at the corner of the living room into her head if she suddenly goes berserk and transforms into a werewolf.

Yena wanted to slap herself for having such bewildering thoughts but she stopped when Sakura released an exasperated sigh and harshly dropped the controller on the ground, eliciting a unpleasant screech.

Pressing a hand over her chest, Yena blinked in confusion as she looked at the scoreboard on the television. They (Sakura on her own) have successfully conquered the stage, with quite an impressive score too.

‘Oh my god, didn’t we pass the level? So why is she still so mad?!’

Sakura leans her face into her hand and breathes out loudly, her eyebrows visibly scrunched. Yena is literally sweating buckets while she observes Sakura’s bobbling throat, as if she is trying to contain her brute beast fighting to break out of her.

Sakura is still trying to surpress her anger, although she obviously near her breaking point, and Yena still has no idea what Sakura is so riled up about. Yena is very, very worried.

‘Should I ask? But what if I get beaten up? Can I fight back if she bites me? It’s a form of self defence right? But ugh, she, she’s hurting too.’

Yena noticed, she searched in Sakura’s pitch black eyes. Beneath all those anger, there were the underlying emotions of sadness, pain and longing. 

Sakura is upset over something, till the point she became frustrated, and she is using that frustration, to cover up whatever weaker feelings that come along with it.

Yena must admit that Sakura is superb in hiding her emotions. But she still noticed, barely though.

Yena would catch glimpse of tears hanging at the corner of her eyes, a sign of weakness, vulnerability. Yena felt that too, like someone bruised her heart, just by looking at Sakura and Yena could not phantom the dire pain Sakura herself is struggling in.

“Sakura.”

Yena gently approached, and Sakura peeked through the gaps of her fingers pasted over her face to look at Yena, but still didn’t answer as they stared at each other in silence.

Sakura must be really hurt, by whatever it is. She has never acted like this, never.

“Sakura unnie?”

Yena tried again, and Sakura finally looked at her properly. Yena brightened up, thinking Sakura would willingly reveal her weakened state and they would then settle into a comfortable conversation and work things out.

However, her response was quite the opposite, the shade of her iris only got darker, and a bitter sneer surfaced on her hardened features. 

“You’re going to be nosy and ask me what happened, aren’t you?

Sakura bit spitefully and looked at Yena full with accusation. Astounded by her savage response, Yena can feel the contents in her stomach boiling, she’s just concerned and she had to be called nosy? What sin had she committed in her past life for her to endure Sakura spleen now?

‘No Yena, don’t scream at her now. Be patient, you are here to help her, let her know that you mean no harm.’

Yena breathed in deeply as she look at Sakura with determination, hoping she can channel her sincerity through her gaze, 

“Ms Miyawaki, for your information, you’re the one who summoned me over but never speak to me the whole time and I didn’t wait here in silence for 2 hours straight just to be called nosy.”

Yena folded her arms with an eyebrows raised as she resisted a satisfied grin upon the softening edges of Sakura’s features, despite that, she still had a look of irritance, but it looked like she’s finally willing to speak.

“I’m just so...bothered by Chaeyeon and Minju.”

“What?”

Sakura spoke so softly those words were barely above a whisper, 

“Who?”

“Chaeyeon and Minju.”

Sakura said louder with a hint of impatience, Yena’s temper flinched at Sakura’s  pompous attitude. 

Just wait until this conversation is over, Yena will be merciless in her teasings and make sure Sakura gets a taste of her own medicine. 

But wait, what did she say? Chaeyeon and Minju? The two literal epitome of the combination of sunshine and fluff balls? How did the duo bring about so much resentment in Sakura?

“Chaeyeon and Minju?”

Yena gagged, 

“What did they do?”

“What did they do?”

Sakura repeated Yena’s words, but in a way that it’s mocking Yena’s incapability to identify the fault, as if Chaeyeon and Minju pissing people off is the most normal thing in the world.

“Have you seen them? Hugging and holding hands in front of us? And Minju is shoving her face into Chaeyeon’s every few seconds to smooch her! They’re literally dating infront of all of us!”

“Yeah? We all know that Ms Pepe likes Chaeyeon after that bold move that night, isn’t it perfectly normal for her to treat Chaeyeon this way?”

“Yes I know, I know! But-!”

“Are you perhaps disgusted by the fact that she’s gay?”

Yena suggested helpfully, making the best use out of her 2 brain cells. That would make total sense, because Minju has never openly announced that she is gay, not verbally atleast, so Yena doesn’t know how the members thought about the issue, but fortunately, no one has shown signs of distress, except for Sakura. Maybe Sakura couldn’t stand actual gay activities, that is why she’s so disturbed.

“No, I’m not that shallow, I have nothing against Minju being gay. I have had a lot intimate exchanges with of my female colleagues back in Japan and I don’t find the idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter