Prologue

The Madness Underneath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky was a dull grey outside and Jaejoong cursed under his breath when he stepped on a puddle of mud.  He fixed his black hoodie, covering his face properly as he keep his head low.  On a hindsight, wearing a non-descript black hoodie while covering the lower part of his face with a white mask while glancing around shiftily every now and then would probably draw more attention than wearing a sparkly neon jacket with 'LOOK AT ME!  I AM UP TO NO GOOD!' printed on it, but Jaejoong was not in the right mind to notice that.  

 

He sat on the rusty iron rod seat in the bus stop, next to a girl and her grandmother.  He looked at the grey sky that had just stopped raining, hissing impatiently as he tapped his feet on the cement floor.  The girl peered up at him curiously; she was a pretty child, with narrow slanted eyes and a sweet smile that revealed rows of yellow teeth with gaps here and there.  Her hair was tied in a ponytail; and right then and there, Jaejoong could only wish that he had a child to call his own.  But no matter, having a child would only complicate the situation further. 

 

The moment the No. 031 bus pulled over, Jaejoong sighed in relief.  The bus was empty; which was something that Jaejoong had calculated when he chose to ride the bus over other means of public transport.  Everyone used the trains nowadays and he had been debating over using a bus or a taxi before deciding that he would board whichever one he saw first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter