Because the Earth is Only Pretty for so Long

Between the Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten paced back and forth, his short gray hair fluttering softly in the gentle spring breeze.  He was anxious as he waited for a certain red haired male to join him for their plans of having dinner with their friends Yuta and Doyoung. Ten could only sigh at the thought of Doyoung being there with him- he could not help this sinking feeling in his stomach whenever he sees his boyfriend interact with the male. It’s as if Taeyong would prefer to be with Doyoung than be with him, and could he blame him? Doyoung was everything that he was not; skinny with fair skin and pretty eyes that could tell so many stories with so many emotions. Ten was darker than Doyoung and tended to keep his emotions hidden from his boyfriend in fear of being hurt again. The only one who ever knew how he felt was Yuta, the only man who ever stood by his side through every problem and is there for every doctor’s visit about his now clinically chronic depression. The only struggle is: they can’t find the right medicine. The one Ten is taking now has only made his depression worst when paired along with the possibility of his boyfriend cheating on him. Ten is dragged out of his thoughts and pacing habit when an arm is slung around his shoulder- light and only the feeling that Taeyong can provide. He sighed as he stared at the male’s eyes, dully noting how they no longer shined with love like before. It was cold his gaze- as if the smaller male had done something wrong again. He was scared. Nothing could ever prepare him for the many hits dealt by him through his boyfriend, each one bruising more than just his skin. Ten smiled nervously at the taller male and kisses his cheek shyly before leading him inside of the restaurant and towards the table with their friends. He is no longer surprised when Taeyong fills up the seat next to Doyoung and he is left sitting next to Yuta; having no choice but to watch as his boyfriend gives Doyoung the looks that should be given to him. He swallows thickly before sipping at his water slowly: his appetite was gone and he wasn’t sure of how he would tell that to Yuta who forces him to eat whenever he can since the younger tends to skip meals. He couldn’t help it- he wanted to lose a lot more weight and get rid of the slight muscle that had built up from daily working out along with working at the cafe near their apartment complex. He drank a doubleshot espresso that definitely had enough calories to get him through the day. The waitress arrives to take their order and Ten only orders a simple salad to try to appease the Japanese man next to him while everyone else orders something different altogether. Doyoung orders something called a fajita while his boyfriend gets the same thing as always- the soup of the day with a side salad. Ten can’t help but notice how Yuta hesitates before ordering Ten’s favorite dish- a dish from back home called Tom Yum Koong instead of his usual sushi. (I don’t actually know what his favorite dish is so here have the shrimp stew from NCT life in Bangkok) He was quick to catch onto the males intentions- he was going to make Ten eat more than he really wants to. He sighs before turning to Yuta, the Japanese male only smiles before asking a question that catches the pair across from the table attention. 

“Have you finished with the song?” Ten only nods slowly, closing his eyes because he knows Taeyong will get mad about him pursuing music again. He said nobody could look at what was his with love- the way people would look at him if he had continued to pursue music. 

“Great. Then we can head over to the studio aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter