Final 2.2

Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 2.2

 

 

***

 

 

 

*the door is opening*

 

Seohyun just snapped out of reality the moment the elevator signals here. She was lost on her own world, since she took the elevator as her mind had been occupied by what she learned 2 hours ago. It's amazing that she still has the energy to leave the hospital, knowing her girlfriend needs her the most right now. But something tells her to find out what she missed that she truly regretted. She can't even get mad over Yuri for hating her.

 

Quiet and slow, she finally stopped on her tracks in front of her girlfriend's apartment, but got second thought as she thought of what will greet her inside. She trembles and close her eyes tight while convincing herself that it would be okay. And that, she deserves the pain after all, as Yoona doesn't deserve what happened to her.

 

"Alright, let's do this." It took her at least fifteen minutes before she finally moves her shaking hand, to reach for the door and pushed the password buttons. Her password is always their anniversary, so it should unlock easily.

 

Once the door clicks open, her heart beats faster this time. It's suddenly hard to breath and she's having goosebumps while making her way inside to a dim apartment. She opened the lights and the smell of alcohol didn't missed her nostrils as she made her way to the living room, wherein, she found bottle of soju and beer on top of the coffee table and some few on the floor. There are few pieces of chips and its pack also, which means her girlfriend had been drinking herself up since God knows when.

 

It's a mess. She felt heavier inside.

 

'This is all my fault.' She totally had no reason why Yoona did it but because of her. Braving herself, she makes her way to the bedroom, which she thinks has all the answers for her questions in her head. She grimaces to smell more alcohol and smell of what she vomited on the floor. Her heart drops together with tears the moment she saw their picture frame on the floor, broken and has stain on it.

 

'What could have happened?' She crouched down and picked up the frame, sighing heavily as she looked at their happy photo together. It's been a while since they have that last happy moment. She missed her so much. If only she can turn back the time.

 

"I found her lying on the floor with the pain reliever I guessed she had been taking for the past weeks."

 

She bit her lower lip as she wipes her new tears as she gets even emotional. But Her attention then shifted to the paper on top of the night stand. She got nervous as she took it either way. As she takes her seat at the edge of the bed and unfolded the paper.

 

Dear Joohyun,

 

I am sorry for not keeping my promise to be with you in Jeju.

...For not being true to you.

I'm sorry because I upset you and I am so inconsiderate with your feelings these past days.

I'm sorry for not being the perfect girlfriend, you could have. For being selfish.

I am sorry because I am only a headache to you. It shouldn't have been like that and I regretted them all.

I truly am sorry. I hope you forgive me for everything I have done.

 

 

But Thank you, thank you for being by my side for the past 5 years.

Thank you for the good things and thank you even for the bad.
I don't understand it all, but I am thankful because everything you’ve been given to me has made me the person I am today and I might not be what I want to be...

 

You are the witnessed of my success but I couldn't share with you my downfall.

 

Thank you for everything and I hope you meet someone that can only give you love and happiness because you deserve that.

 

Love,

Yoona

 

Seohyun is shaking and uncontrollably sobbing after reading the letter that seems to be her goodbye letter. She placed it on her chest and sobs harder. "I'm sorry, Im Yoona." She said in between her sobs and she keeps saying the words for the next couple of minutes until her phone rings on her pocket. She has to calm herself first as she fetched it from her pocket but it ended the moment, she reads her mother's contact ID on the screen.

 

She immediately called her back but she can't contact her. She sighs and put her phone down and return her attention to the paper on her other hand. Her question hasn't been answered and that cause her to look around again. She noticed an envelope on her desk that she picked up and check what's inside.

 

At first she doesn't understand it but the moment she reads the bills, the notice on taking her apartment back and the debt she has from a loan, it is now making sense why Yoona committed suicide. Not to mention, the resignation paper that seems to be approved by the general manager. She can't believe everything that it got her weak as she loses her balance and thankfully her leather chair caught her.

 

"What happened to her investment?" Another question pop-up on her head, as all of these papers are seemed like link to the main reason.

 

It's as if she was heard, she just realized she stepped on something on the floor. And as she looked down, it's her smartphone. She picked it up and just easily access on it, after putting her birthdate as her password. She went on her messages and Taehyung's conversation with him is on the top, which means, she had been talking with him. She back reads their conversation. But she couldn't find the answer. It was only Taehyung persuading her to tell her problems with her and the last message of Taehyung told her to stay strong and that, she can get through with it.

 

Sighing, she opened another convo to few of her colleagues but none has the answer. She then checks the call history and there's one unknown number that been calling her for the past weeks. Yoona also called her a few times and their conversation mostly lasted 30 minutes. She felt something strange and so, she pressed the call button.

 

It took sometime before the next line answered.

 

[Yoona, I'm really so sorry, I still couldn't contact them. Even if you try-]

 

"Who is this?" She interrupted before the latter can continue. She doesn't know why but she has a strange feeling she's the reason of all these.

 

There was a pause on the line before the voice returned. [Who is this... also?]

 

"I'm sorry to interrupt your babble but this is Seohyun, her girlfriend, if she hasn't mentioned about me. Um, I don't know what's going on so can you tell me or explain to me everything?" She is desperate that she firmly asked her to tell her even though it's on the phone. But instead of continuing, she hangs up. "What the?" She felt offended and tried to call her again only to be completely rejected, as the phone was turned off. "." Cursed her so loud. "Who the hell she is to do that to me?!"

 

She wanted to call her again but Taehyung, her cousin crosses her mind, which makes her think of another way to know the truth.

 

 

***

 

 

"I understand. So please, calm down first." Taehyung instructed as he pushed the cup of coffee across the table, in front of his cousin. "It wouldn't help the situation and even hers."

 

Seohyun heavily sighs. "I just... Couldn't imagine how hard it was for her to take all of these alone. I know I was at fault all of these."

 

"No, Joohyun. It wasn't yours nor Yoona." Taehyung said with a comforting smile. "Both of you are just a victim of circumstances."

 

"So please, explain this to me. How is she dealing all of these when she has an investment? I thought that will be helpful for her."

 

"I thought so too but she wasn't careful. She wasn't careful on trusting someone." Taehyung began to reveal the truth.

 

Seohyun raises her eyebrows. "Someone?"

 

"Pretty sure she shared about a ‘colleague’ right? That introduced her on being an investor."

 

"Yes."

 

"Well, that colleague is a scammer. She and her contact are scammers." Taehyung revealed as a matter of fact. "They promised her that she will have double profit if she invests to a certain company project. But all of it are lies. She found out about it couple of months ago, before you left for Jeju. Since then, it was hard for her."

 

Seohyun goosebumps and didn't breathe for a second. "She didn't tell all of it." As she recalled, she now realized why that date she had with Yoona was strange. No wonder she doesn't looked that lively.

 

"She is afraid she will drag you into the mess so she kept all of it. I tried to even help her but she is as stubborn as me. I'm sorry, Hyun." Taehyung sighs.

 

"B-But where is that person now? And who is that colleague she trusted?" Seohyun ask in a haste.

 

"We don't know yet. But don't worry, that scammer is now being black listed, so she can't leave the country and the police are now on hunt."

 

"The name. Tell her name because she rudely hangs up on me."

 

"She did? Tiffany is her name and she's actually been a con artist. She's also hiding now since it was being reported."

 

"How are we going to find her then?" Seohyun sighs heavily and helplessly.

 

"We can't do anything but to wait." Taehyung replied sadly. He reached for her hand and give it a comforting squeeze. "I think what we can do now is to comfort and support Yoona. She needs it the most right now." He softly says.

 

"Thank you, Taehyung-ah. I think I'm already crazy thinking over all of these." Seohyun smiled genuinely, reassuring her cousin that she'll be fine.

 

 

***

 

 

Instead of going home, she went to visit the doe-eyed. But she couldn't even stay close as Yuri is inside, looking after her. She wished she can do the same but she can't be careless. Yuri is upset and she's pretty sure she will not forgive her that easily.

 

'Yoona, I'm so sorry for everything. If only I considered your request that time to comeback from Jeju, you wouldn't have face this alone. And I'm also sorry because... I got too caught up with work and... my dream to write a novel. And my ego, I know it was the problem... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I forgot everything about you. I forgot about having a girlfriend that I've been missing. I hope you will forgive me. I hope you give me a chance to make-up everything. I promise, I will fix this... because you don't deserve this. I don't even deserve you.' The unbearable pain let her tears drops as she stood outside, watching the deer, lying on the bed, still unconsciousness. She still couldn't believe it is happening. It's only like it's a dream. But a dream that must be hard to wake up.

 

'Hopefully I'll see you awake tomorrow already.' She maybe knew that it might take for Yoona to gain her consciousness, she's hoping the doctor is wrong about it. And that, by tomorrow, she's already awake. Because she wanted to tell her how regretful she is. It wasn't her who is the bad girlfriend, but it's rather herself, the one who have been so selfish.

 

She wipes her tears off and slowly leaves the ward. But it only took her five steps when the door opens and she saw Yuri walking out. She bowed in respect of the deer's older sister and was about to leave when she held her wrist.

 

"Stay. I still have to come back on her apartment to get her clothes." Yuri explained softly, giving the younger one a way. She smiled, genuinely.

 

"T-Thank you, U-Unnie." Seohyun can't help and get emotional. She hastily wipes the new tears that automatically drops from the corner of her exhausted eyes. Yuri smiled and patted her shoulder before she walks passes at her. "Thank you again, Yuri Unnie!" she bowed so deep this time, while the tan girl is leaving.

 

Without wasting time, she walks inside and made sure the door is lock before taking the seat next to the hospital bed. Her heart skips a beat, as she finally has the closer look of the doe-eyed, sleeping soundlessly. 'She... lost weight.' She could totally see. Her mind flashes back to the mess she found in her apartment, it broke her heart once again, as she looked at her pale face.

 

As another tears drops from the corner of her eyes, she automatically wipes them off while she controls her emotions. She slowly takes her right hand and hold them in place. Her lips curved into a bitter smile, as her heart tightens. The used to be so warm and soft hand is now cold and rough. She felt more than worried for her. But at the same time, she's glad she's now safe from danger. It will probably take a while before the Yoona she knows returns.

 

Tucking her hair strand behind her ear, she sweetly smiled and whispers, "You are so pretty, baby. You will always be."

 

As if Yoona heard her, her eyelids move briefly, causing her heart to beat faster and she did not breath for a couple of seconds. "A-Are you... waking up now?" She looked at her hand and then to her face and waited if she will response. However, nothing happened. She sighs and smile, sensing she heard what she said. "I will be here from now on until you wake up, okay?" She whispered and leaned down, placing a loving kiss on her forehead.

 

She hesitantly let go of her hand and get up to turn the main lights off. She put aside her messenger bag on the table nearby and folded her arms, so she can use it as a pillow. "When you wake up, I will feed you with your favorite food." she whispers for the last time before her eyes closes.

 

"A dangerous plan, just this time. A stranger's hand clutched in mine. I'll take this chance, so call me blind. I've been waiting all my life..." She however couldn't sleep right away as she sang their favorite song, and the song that got them together. "I was made for loving you. Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through. Every bone screaming. All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you." As time passes, she unconsciously drifted into her own dreamland.

 

 

***

 

 

The moment she heard a call from Taehyung someone spotted Tiffany in a cafe, Seohyun did not mind if she hasn't showered as she just left the ward like she's on a race. Even though he informed her that the police are now on its way to catch her, she wanted to make sure that she will be on prison in front of her eyes. What she did to Yoona is just unforgivable, how is she just going to sit and wait for updates? She wanted to let her know in behalf of Yoona, that she ruined someone's life.

 

As she went straight to the police's station, it took her only a few minutes and spotted her cousin, standing in the side while a girl is sitting across the police officer, being interviewed. She approached them in a calm way as she doesn't want to surprise everyone on her appearance. But still when Tiffany saw her, she's surprised and couldn't looked into her eyes.

 

She waited for at least an hour before she was allowed to talk to her.

 

"Why did you do it?" She didn't waste time and she ask her straight to the point. "I thought you were her friend?"

 

"Yoona and I are indeed, but we're not that close as you think." Tiffany explained as she briefly looked into the younger girl's eyes. She couldn't look straight at her, knowing how she hates her and what she did was unforgivable. "I'm sorry about it..." she said in addition, sincerely.

 

"Ha!" Seohyun scoffs. "Don't say that to me, but to Yoona rather. She was the one who suffered. She is the one who is in the hospital right now, almost died because of what you did."

 

Tiffany looked up the moment she heard it. "What?!" Didn't expect to hear such news.

 

"She attempted to kill herself, don't you know that?" Seohyun mocked as she glared at the older woman.

 

"Yoona, she would never do that." Tiffany said firmly. "I know she's having problem but I'm pretty sure she would never try to kill herself. She's the strongest woman I know."

 

"She is, but she's not always the strongest... when she's alone dealing this." Seohyun doesn't think Tiffany is making sense.

 

"Where were you, though?"

 

"I know I have the fault as well but you are the main fault here. How could you fool her? She trusted you! And because of that, she lost everything. How could you do that to her?"

 

"Excuse me, she didn't lose it. I mean, Yoona, I know she has this bank account that she can rely onto. And besides, our project before all of these got her a millionaire. Don't you know that? And I know she only invested half of it. So why would she lose everything?" Tiffany believes on the contrary Seohyun is just exaggerating it. "That's not even should be the reason she will commit suicide."

 

"Can you explain how she resigned her job?" Seohyun is confused with the older woman's beliefs that she put the resignation letter on top of the table. "And I know she has a loan and bank account, but this paper tells me she has a huge debt to pay for her bills and other debts from her colleagues." She followed it with more papers she got from Yoona's apartment.

 

Tiffany checks every document and it surprises her how much it actually affects Yoona. However, she noticed something that makes her question. 'Why would Mister Park sign this resignation letter? Didn't he promised Yoona to promote her? And why she hasn't pass this to the President if she is resigning?'

 

"Are you convinced now?" Seohyun asked impatiently.

 

"Shouldn't this be with you? If she is resigning, she should have passed this already to the President." Tiffany said as a matter of fact. "And Mister Park, how did she sign this? I know he promised Yoona for a promotion but he signed this? Isn't this ironic? or... suspicious?"

 

Seohyun got speechless, doesn't have any idea about it. "What... are you trying to say?"

 

"I don't know... " Tiffany looked down to the papers again. "But this feels like... it's not even Yoona."

 

"I found this in her apartment, what are you trying to point out?"

 

"That someone set this up?"

 

Seohyun gasps. "Who would... do-do this to her?"

 

"I don't know. But I am sure these papers seem fake for me."

 

"Aren't you just... making yourself unguilty from what happened to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter