Night Serenades

Night Serenades

Getting bored of the plain white ceiling above, your eyes straying to the clock next to you. You sigh at the ungodly hour and finally decide to get up, understanding sleep isn’t coming anytime soon. You head to your kitchen and turn on the kettle, taking out a teabag and placing it in your favourite mug. You sit down on one of your wooden stools, your elbows leaning on the marble counter in front of you as you wait for the water to boil.

Your stare at your phone in your hand, fingers automatically go onto her contact, your thumb hesitating on the call button. She makes the decision for you as her name starts flashing on your screen and your ringtone fills the quiet apartment.

You press answer and hear her quiet voice, “Hey…” You smile, the sound of her voice making your heart skip a beat, “Hey…” You hear her laugh at your tired raspy voice and smile even wider, “Did I wake you?” “Nah, I couldn’t sleep anyways.” “Do you mind if I come over...?” “You already know the answer.” “I love you.” “I’m waiting, love you too.”

She ends the call and you jump in giddy, deciding to make two hot chocolate mugs instead of tea.

.

.

.

You hear the knock on your door 15 minutes after the call ended and run, almost banging into it. You open it with a huge smile on your face and see her dressed in a sweater and sweat pants, somehow looking like a model to you.

Wordlessly you open your arms and she quietly steps towards you, her arms wrapping around your neck as yours go around her waist. She tucks her head into your neck and you inhale her smell, giving her a kiss on the head.

You close the door and lead her to your living room, getting the hot chocolate and plopping two marshmallows in hers. You hand her her cup and sit down next to her, “What’s up?” “I missed you.” You smile at her cute answer.

“You couldn’t sleep?” “I kept thinking about you.”  A blush rises to your face as she mindlessly sips on her hot chocolate, “You’re cheesy.” “No, I’m romantic.” You snort at her answer before getting up.

“Where are you going?” You smile at her but continue towards your speaker, you connect your phone and music fills your apartment, Rose smiles at the familiar song as you slide your way towards her. Frank Sinatra’s, I love you baby playing in the background. You pull her up and start singing the lyrics making her laugh.

She stands there with a huge smile on her face as you circle her, ending with a kiss on her cheek making her let out a cute giggle. You take her arms and twirl her, slowly dipping her with your arms around her, you lean in and kiss.

Your lips move in sync and you smile into the kiss. You break apart slowly opening your eyes, huge smiles on your faces as you lift her up again. The next song starts playing as you two sway to the music, you reach for short pecks in-between. Giggling like two teenagers, you two stare at each other.

.

.

.

This continues until the sun rises. You stare at the sky through your windows, somehow ended up in your bedroom cuddled up. Her voice lulls you two to sleep as she starts singing. The words from can’t help falling in love making you smile with your eyes closed, feeling her hands through your hair and her voice in your ears.

Rose smiles at your sleeping face, admiring you. She finishes and moves closer to you, her arms wrapping around your waist, legs tangling together as she closes her eyes. Finally sleep takes over both of you and all you needed was eachother.


Something tiny just to test out the waters. Hope you guys enjoyed and comment if you liked it.