Almost Perfect

Almost Perfect

It was the perfect day… well, almost perfect.

 

I smiled to myself as I turned the page of my book, taking a sip of my warm tea as I did so. I read the next page before adjusting my position, movement from outside my window catching my attention. “Ah, it’s snowing again.”

 

I marked my page and placed my book and mug onto the coffee table before heading over to the window for a better look. I grinned down at the white streets below me. The city looked like an idyllic scene  from a postcard.

 

There was just one thing missing…

 

As if on cue, my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and smiled at the photo of my boyfriend that flashed up on my screen. “Hey, Jagi.” I greeted warmly. “Hey, babe. How are you? Are you at home?” he asked, a note of concern in his voice. “Yeah, my classes got cancelled so I’m just chilling at home today.” I replied, still taking in the snowy scene from the comfortable warmth of my apartment. “That’s good. Our practice has been cancelled as well, so I’ll be home soon.” I couldn’t help but smile at the sudden good news. “Really?” I asked excitedly. He chuckled at my enthusiasm. “Yeah, really. Why? Do you miss me already?” he asked cheekily. I scoffed, glad that he couldn’t see the grin on my face. “Don’t flatter yourself.” I teased.

 

“Ah, I get it. You don’t actually miss me, just my body heat because it’s cold, right?” he answered, happy to play along with my teasing. I faked a shocked gasp, “My secret has been revealed!” I said, making both of us burst out laughing. I heard voices in the background before he spoke to me again. “That’s us heading out. I’ll be home soon.” He promised. “Okay, be careful, the roads are really slippery.” I warned. “Don’t worry, babe. I’ll see you soon.”

 

I smiled as we ended the call. I took one last look out of the window, quickly snapping a picture before returning to my chair and picking up my book. Sometime later, I heard the sound of the front door opening, my heart fluttering at the sound of my name coming from my boyfriend’s lips… looks like my almost perfect day has finally become perfect.

 

He smiled at me from the doorway. “What’s with that dorky grin?” he questioned. I stuck my tongue out at him before opening my arms for him. He didn’t hesitate to close the distance between us, wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug. “I was just thinking how my day is now perfect.” I felt him chuckle as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head before pulling back to look at me. “If your day is already perfect then I assume that means that you don’t want these doughnuts I brought with me?” he asked, a teasing smile on his face.

 

“Okay, I was wrong. Now its perfect.”