Confession

Never Forgotten (Yatori)

A/N: I'm really excited to keep writing this story- it probably but oml it's so much fun... It's my first fanfiction ever, and I'm really hoping people will enjoy it as much as I do writing it! <3 Thanks for reading :>

----------------------------

Yato was the first to wake up the next morning as usual. Hiyori slept for a while typically, it was probably only because other people were awake that she woke up a short while after they did. Yato just watched her while she was peacefully sleeping... During the night, Hiyori held her tight grip on him, practically the same the next morning... She really was a pretty girl, Yato knew, and he really was going to keep his promise to her parents- as he did want her by his side. He certainly was going to try to make that happen. Yato just wasn't quite sure yet how to tell her or when.

He felt her press against him again, but she was awake now. "H-Hiyori," he flushed, realizing that they were both in the same bed still. She looked up at him, a bit pink herself, but she smiled. "I'm free, Yato. I'm free to spend all the time in the world with you now." She clutched him tightly. He sighed a happy sigh and they went downstairs to get breakfast after a little while. "Hey mom and dad," Hiyori stretched her arms up. "Good morning! Sleep well?" Yato and Hiyori both nodded, going over to the table which had already prepared pancakes on it.

"Hiyori, you do know what today is, yeah?" Her parents stared at her. She shook her head and Yato smirked. "It's your birthday!" Hiyori tilted her head but gasped right away. "Oh geez- the weekends have me so confused, I honestly thought that it was June 27th today... Oh..." She whined and facepalmed. "But Hiyori! You're 15!" Hiyori then just lifted her head and squealed randomly- "I officially a middle ground teen!" She sighed and looked off into some dreamland in the distance. "I'm going to be in high school too..." She squealed again. She seemed happy, but however, her parents seemed sad. "Yeah... You're growing up so fast Hiyori..." Her mother gave her a quick hug while her father kissed her head. Yato had an idea recently, and he thought that he'd suggest it someday. No one would be ready yet, but hopefully someday... He was hoping that she may accept his offer in allowing her to become a goddess. She could have her friends and family as her Shinki, if they were up for it. She probably wouldn't use them, as she doesn't seem like a war god or anything too similar. Maybe a martial arts god, but not a war one... Yato realized that a god and a human relationship would be difficult, but she could have a chance at being a regalia, or being a goddess- which he thought she deserved to be a goddess- but she would eventually die, and he would go on alone. He couldn't bear to see Hiyori die one day, so he'd have to ask eventually. If she said no, though, that could mean the literal end of his world. But still Yato smiled, seeing her so happy...

He made up his mind, he would tell her today.

---

"Hey, guys!" Hiyori went to the door to meet Kofuku, Yukine, and Daikoku when the doorbell rang. "Happy birthday, Hiyori!" Yukine handed her a small present. "You're already older than me, that was quick!" He grinned and went inside as Hiyori giggled. "Yeah, that's really weird, isn't it-" Kofuku hurled herself onto Hiyori. "Uwaaaa~ happy birthday!~" She chuckled until Daikoku grabbed the collar of her shirt and tugged her off of Hiyori. "Sorry about that, Hiyori. Happy birthday, by the way, this is from Kofuku and me." He gave a rather fancy bag to Hiyori and she smiled. "Thank you so much!" The trio went into the living room when Mr. and Mrs. Iki led them in. Hiyori set her presents by the coffee table in there, too. "Yato, you're finally going to meet-" the doorbell rang once again. "Ami! Yama! Perfect timing!" She ran out the door right away and Yato peeked his head out to see her. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"I'm happier than you are to see you! Happy birthday!"

"Yeah, happy birthday Hiyori!" The three girls huddled together and giggled a bunch. Girls, Yato thought. Hiyori turned around and opened the door all the way, beckoning Yato out to meet Yama and Ami. "This is Yato! Do not forget him or you'll regret it!!" Hiyori smiled brightly and innocently but sounded so tough at the same time. "Woah- hi!" Ami waved and reddened- "Hey there! I'm Yama," Yama held her hand out for him to shake. He took it. "Now girls, he's all mine, don't forget that!" Hiyori waved her hand. "Wha- Hiyori, you had a boyfriend and you never told us??" Her friends seemed shocked, but Hiyori shook her head and her hands. "Nonononono- I mean... I- Just- Nevermind..." she sighed and fumbled her fingers together- Yato wasn't actually her boyfriend, but she'd admit to herself that she had never told them about... The other guy, either... She didn't want to anyways. "Ooooohhh, Hiyori!~" They - "G-guys this really isn't necessary! Hah, ah, let's go inside, okay?" The two girls snickered and grinned like Cheshire cats but followed Hiyori inside obediently. Hiyori smirked at Yato and he stayed put until he was instructed otherwise-

---

"Hiyori, open your presents!" Hiyori did want to open her presents, but she was doing her best from asking about it to not seem greedy- when they brought it up, however, she eagerly jumped forward to her little stash of gifts and opened them up one by one. First, she opened Kofuku's present. She pulled out a little makeup case. It was a really pretty one- it was a fairly small box that was black with gold swirls carved into it. Her name was carved into the top in a curly style as well- "Kofuku, Daikoku, it's really beautiful-"

"Open it up!~" Kofuku put her head in her heads and giggled, watching Hiyori. She turned back to the cute box and opened it. Inside, there was a clean and fine mirror on the lid, and behind it was a stash of eyeliner. There was brown eyeliner, black eyeliner, colored eyeliners, and sparkly ones too. She gasped and opened up the shelves and boxes on the sides. The most prestigious brands of eyeshadows, mascaras, blushes, foundations, and lipsticks were all sorted out in the boxes. The brands were extremely expensive, and only Hiyori knew how she was able to afford them. "Oh wow, Hiyori..." Everyone else was really amazed. Probably because Kofuku seemed too young and child-like to make that much money-

Hiyori looked up at Kofuku, who was smiling widely, and at Daikoku, who was also grinning for once! She hugged both of them- "thank you guys so much... I've wanted that brand ever since I can remember!"

"I know~ We wanted to get it just for you, after all, you're going into high school!~" Hiyori nodded and giggled as she went back over to her presents eagerly. From her parents, she got a pretty, pastel pink, and sparkly coffee mug with a marbled inside. She also got a bracelet with a bunch of dangling jewels and charms... "Thank you, mom and dad! They're so pretty-" Hiyori was already so fascinated by her presents...

From Ami, she got two wooden lightboxes. They had star cutouts all over them, and the words read "born a star" on one, and "day dreamer" on the other. Yama gave her a small turquoise music box that played a few different classic tunes and a pink scarf that looked like her old favorite one, except brighter and cleaner. She hugged them and thanked them excitedly, then opening Yukine's present. He gave her two Capyper land tickets! Hiyori gasped and stood up victoriously with her hand on her hips. "How did you know? Thank you so much, Yukine!!" She bent over and hugged him. "No problem! Yato said that you really wanted to go, so I thought I'd give you a couple of tickets!" She grinned thankfully. "Thanks so much! They're so expensive, so I've never gotten to go before!" Hiyori hugged him again and opened Yato's present, who she saved for last on purpose. She opened it up to find the prettiest necklace she'd ever seen. It had a pure silver chain with a heart for the locket. It was encrusted with real crystals, but they were put almost altogether as if they were two angel wings, and the wings opened up to a message at the back that read in very tiny but clear writing; "Many times in life, we can end up taking the people who are closest to our hearts for granted. I never want you to think that I do not appreciate everything that you do for me and our relationship. Every minute of every day, I am always so grateful to have you in my life and in my heart." And beneath that in smaller writing was his name... Hiyori smiled.

"Wow... Yato, it's beautiful... I love it..." She clutched it and closed it very carefully. "I was hoping you would, I really wanted to get you something special this year," Yato smiled and Hiyori hugged him, squeezing him tight. "Thank you," she whispered. "I love it so much..." She tried hard not to let tears form in her eyes. She clutched the locket firmly in her hand and looked at everyone. "Th-thank you, all of you guys... I feel so special, I don't deserve any of you... Thank you for doing everything that you do for me and for others. I promise that I'll never ever forget or leave any of you." She giggled and wiped her eyes. "I know that sounds really cliche, but... I really mean it." Hiyori looked over at Yato and hugged him again. "Now, let's play some games! You pick, Kofuku!" Kofuku perked up. She looked a little emotional and her hands were both over her heart. "Ah, oka- okay!~ Twister!" Kofuku jumped up and everyone around her laughed, seeing her so excited since she usually picked Twister as the first game. After all, it was her favorite!

---

Eventually they quit Twister.  It had been super difficult with 9 people- so they decided to play a couple of other games, along with truth or dare, which was typical when they get together. Kofuku grinned, "who wants to go first?" Ami raised her hand. "Here you are!!~" Kofuku handed Ami the card, laughing lightly. "Hah! Yukine, truth or dare?" Yukine brought his hand to his face. "Eh... I'll go with dare."

"I dare you to drink a glass of water upside down!"

"Huh?? I- I mean- I'll try..?" He laughed nervously and got a cup of water. He put his back on one of the dining room chairs and bent his head over the edge, carefully attempting to tip the cup slowly. He did a decent job- but he got up immediately and wiped his mouth. "It got in my nose," he whined slightly and sat back on the floor. "A job well done, my friend," Ami scratched a mark and handed the paper to Yukine. "Eh...Truth or dare, Kofuku?" Kofuku jumped up, prepared already. "Dare!" She shouted determinedly. "Hahah! I dare you to stay silent and still for a whole minute!" He smirked and Kofuku looked... Stunned. "But I can't!-" Yukine held up a finger, smiling. "C'mon Kofuku, you can do it!" Kofuku whined and sat back down on the ground. For that whole single minute, she was sweating, looking miserable, breathing really heavy, and looking around anxiously. "You did it!" Yukine looked up from his stopwatch. "I did it?" She gasped. "Mhm!"

"Wow I'm so proud of myself!~~" She jumped up again and took the card. "Ah, Hiyori, truth or dare?" Hiyori smiled, "Dare." Kofuku had an evil grin. "You can't do this one, but you should~ Teeheehee... I dare you to kiss Yato! And on the mouth!" Everyone exchanged eager glances and watched Hiyori intently. Hiyori's face went as red as it could go... She stood shakily and walked over to Yato, quivering, as she nervously and slowly crouched down in front of Yato. Hiyori was trying so hard not to mentally die, breathe too much, or do anything else that could make this even more awkward. Yato was nearly just as red and he didn't move a muscle. Hiyori inched closer to Yato very slowly, watching him and mentally trying to get her heart to stop threatening to leave her chest and go into ... She got close to his face and inhaled sharply. "H- um-" she whispered quietly as she and he were face to face, close as they could be. Hiyori quickly and quietly her lips and brushed hers against his, barely touching him. The millisecond touched his, she sprang back and up onto her feet, redder than before, if it was even possible. "Ohmygoshthatwssocute-" her family was squealing, freaking out, and aw-ing. Every single one of them. Yato stood up and faced her, saying nothing, but just looking at her. She watched him too, no matter how awkward that was, she wanted to do it again... Hiyori wasn't even sure if he liked her though, and that's what made it the hardest.

---

Hiyori and the others did a couple more games, Yato and Hiyori never once looking at each other, or speaking to anyone at all unless they had to. Ami and Yama had to leave shortly after having cake- since their families wanted them back home before dinnertime. They were almost finished up with the party when Yato made contact with Hiyori again after those couple of hours. "C-can I see you in about ten minutes? Meet me at the s-stairs!" He was flushing, and sweating, and stuttering- Hiyori was officially concerned. She nodded shakily and he immediately backed away into God knows where. She still hadn't completely calmed down from earlier, so she went to her bathroom to brush her hair while waiting for Yato. When those ten precious minutes passed, she left the bathroom and waited at the bottom of the stairs.

She felt a hand on her shoulder as it slid down her arm and into her hand, pulling her into the closest closet. "H-hey Yato, what's the matter? Is everything okay?" Yato took his hand out of hers and started sweating again. "Yes, a-and no... I- um... I should probably tell you..." He trailed off, growing more unsure by the second. "What's wrong? I promise I can try to help you, whatever it is..." She clasped her hands together and nervously but patiently waited for his response. "Uh... Yeah- I... I'm really in love- with you-"

Hiyori's heart quit beating for a minute or so. "Ah..." She ran out of the closet and slid into her bathroom, quietly squealing to herself. "He likes me! He really- wow! I can't believe it!... But oh my gosh- he... We slept together!" Hiyori blushed super hard but still couldn't help but feeling excited... "Oh geez! But I like him a lot too... Oh no! I didn't tell him anything!!" Hiyori immediately ran back out of the bathroom and made her way back to the closet. Yato was still in there, looking actually pretty pale. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he spoke, Hiyori lifted against his. This time, she was kissing him for real, and she was trying her best.

Hiyori wanted to kiss Yato forever and ever because she loved him more than she ever knew. After a second, he kissed her back, much to her happiness. She smiled into his mouth. Hiyori giggled and pulled apart to breathe a little better for a second. "I love you too, Yato." She looked into his eyes and he looked into hers. It was a moment of silence that was serene but not embarrassing or strange. "I've really loved you for a long time, Hiyori..." He grabbed her hands and smiled, "a really, really long time." She purred and put her lips back on his, kissing him for a little longer this time. "Me too..." Hiyori whispered as she slowly pulled away. "I also know... This is a little early, but... I want to be with you forever, I want to marry you, and... Have kids if you want, too." Yato turned his gaze to the ceiling of the closet, blushing as red as he could go. "I- I'm sorry! I kinda went a bit-"

"Ah... I do too actually... Honestly someday I want to be your bride, and have your children-" Hiyori flushed hard as well, but hugged him anyways. Her heart was beating quickly, but she was too blissful to care now... She thought that she'd never been happier in her life. "I'll wait for whenever you're comfortable Hiyori, but I'll never break your heart. If you want to be with me, forever... I can guarantee that it'll happen." He chuckled and held her close as Hiyori shyly nodded. "I do. I'd love that. I want nothing more than that for my future, Yato!" Hiyori laughed into his chest, sliding up to kiss him again. "So... Are you, my girlfriend, then?" He held onto her waist and flushed a little bit. "Yeah. It does." She giggled, "oh, would you want to go stargaze with me?" He nodded gratefully before Hiyori quickly grabbed his hand and ran up to her room- she opened the window and the curtains, showing the biggest and prettiest view of the outside. "Oh, I've got an idea!" Hiyori put her body onto her bed, and her soul gracefully leaped over to him. She crawled out the window and grabbed his hand. Hiyori jumped to a good ledge on the roof and stared up at the sky as Yato sat next to her. She intertwined her fingers with his and stared at the pretty night sky. The moon was big and bright, and the stars around it were sparkling beautifully together. They all shined brightly and lit up the city with a soft and peaceful glow. "It's pretty..."

"It really is.."

---

"Come on, Yato!" Daikoku yelled from downstairs, his tone a bit exasperated. Yato sighed and glanced at Hiyori. "Well... I better go before I become deaf from Daikoku's lectures." He stood and stretched his arms before picking Hiyori up gently and setting her next to her body. "W-wait, I'll say bye-" Hiyori planted her spirit into her body and slowly rose from her bed, smiling happily as she followed Yato downstairs. Kofuku giggled and waved at Hiyori as she took a step out the door. "Bye bye Hiyori!! I'll see you tomorrow!" Hiyori grinned back at her with a polite nod. "Bye Daikoku, and Yukine and Kofuku!" She glanced at Yato with a slight blush on her face before pulling him in for a hug. "Bye Yato," she whispered as she slowly let go of him. "Goodbye and happy birthday, Hiyori! I'll see you later!" She nodded and smiled as they left her house.

"Happy birthday, dear!" Her parents hugged her and her father rubbed her head. "It's pretty late so you best get some good rest on your first night of being 15." 

"Okay," Hiyori giggled, "I love you guys! Goodnight!"

"We love you too, Hiyori! Goodnight!"

Hiyori smiled to herself as she made her way back up into her room. She curled up in her blankets without a bother as for changing clothes as she went through the day's events in her head. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and decided to make one- or three- last texts to Yato.

hello yato- um, maybe do you think you'd like to go with me and ami and yama tomorrow for a little bit? 

oh, and i was thinking i could invite you and yukine and probably everyone else to go to capyper land in a few days if you think that would be cool-

okay goodnight!

Hiyori sighed and put her phone aside to charge. She turned over on her side happily, taking only a few minutes to fall completely asleep.

-----------------------------

A/N: I feel like this chapter wasn't as good ;w; I'm sorry it took so long to write it, homework just keeps piling up- but it's finally a weekend that I've got nothing to do! So I'll be able to get some things done finally~ Hopefully the next chapter won't take too long, but I apologize in advance if it does! I'll try not to let myself become too distracted- but I did just get the first 3 Noragami manga books... So I may or may not be up all night reading them :'> (jfnaodlfnlknklnkal thanks so much for reading this nonsense I try to create ;v;)

(All characters belong to Adachitoka!)

-3,522 words-