A Dream Come True

A Dream Come True

 

It was an ordinary day for her at school. The same boring discussions, the annoying professors, the pop quizzes and anything normal for a university student her. Though everything is 50 times harder for her because she’s a graduating student already.

 

“Aigoo. I can’t wait to reunite with my bed.” She sighed, as she and her friend, Kia were on their way to the parking lot where she parked her car.

 

Lee Chunjae and Kia Kim had known each other since they were in middle school. And even when they entered college, they’re sticking with each other. They actually are housemates, the two of them renting a house together that’s near the university.

 

“Can we go and eat somewhere first? I’m kind of hungry you know.” Kia interrupted, before they even reach her car.

 

“Can’t you just ask Heechul out?” Chunjae was referring th Kia’s long time boyfriend, Kim Heechul. The pretty flower boy that owns Kia’s aloof heart.

 

“He’s out to Jeju remember? Come on. If you want you can call Donghae to join us.” Her friend answered, bringing up the name of her boyfriend, that made her smile inside.

 

Lee Donghae and her had been together a little shorter that Kia and Heechul’s 7 years. She and Donghae are soon going to celebrate their 5th year of being together in a few weeks time. And she can’t help but smile at that thought.

 

“Then what? You’ll complain on seeing us be cheesy?” She scrunched her nose at her friend.

 

“Psssh. I do not complain about that.” Kia denied, poking her tongue. They just laughed at each other as they reached her car.

 

“Arasso. At the usual’s?” She asked.

 

“Yeah. I’ve been dying to eat there again. It’s been a long time already.” Kia answered, buckling her seatbelt. Chunjae just chuckled at her friend’s remark before starting the engine and driving off the said food place.

 

“Oh. It’s closed.” Chunjae said, turning to Kia as they walk up to the entrance door of Heaven’s. There was a ‘Closed’ sign hanging on the door and the whole place looked empty.

 

“It’s not. I’m sure ahjumma just put it up so no customers would barge in at her nap time.” The girl answered, snickering at her own crazy idea. She just shrugged and pushed the door. To her surprise, the door was open, Kia smiling at her with her i-told-you-so look.

 

They quietly entered, the whole place in silence. There were no signs of the ahjumma inside, even the three waiters working there.

 

“Ahjumma’s not here.” Chunjae complained as they were looking around. Even behind the counter where the ahjumma place was usually found was empty.

 

“Aish. I’ll take a look at the locker room. Just wait for me here.” Even before she can complain, Kia already departed to go to the back place of the restaurant. Since they’re patrons there already, they’ve gone close to the owner of the place and the employees. They sometimes stay there even its closing time already, just to chit chat with the people there.

 

“Maybe it’s really close. But why would they leave the door open?” She asked herself, looking around. The tables and chairs are properly arranged, dusted off and cleaned.

 

She was looking at the displayed paintings hanged on the wall when the small scattered spotlights went dead, leaving the place in pitch black darkness. She was surprised for a while, thinking that it might be the electricity was turned off. The dark doesn’t scare her so it’s fine for her to wait for Kia there.

 

“Kia?” She called out, searching her way to the direction that Kia went.

 

“Yah. I’m here already.” She heard Kia’s voice from a few meters away from her that relieved her.

 

“Where are they? I told-“

 

Her sentence was cut off when the lights on the mini stage went on. That didn’t surprised her, it was Donghae’s presence that did. Her boyfriend was on the stage, sitting right behind the baby grand piano there. There was his sweet smile, plastered on his face as lovingly gazed at her.

 

His eyes were fixed at her, even as he started playing a few chords on the piano.

 

Say it’s true,
There’s nothing like me and you.
And not alone, tell me you feel it too.
 Coz I have runaway,
 I would runaway, yeah,
 I would runaway, runaway.
 I would runaway with you.
Coz I, I’m falling in love with, you know never ever,
 I’m never gonna stop falling in love with you.”

 

She watched him as he played the piano, with his heart and his eyes only at her. She didn’t even dare blink, thinking that it’s just a wonderful dream that might end if she wakes up. It’s just too good to be true, and too magical for her to believe in.

 

Close the door,
 lay down upon the floor.
And by candle light,
 make love to me through the night.
Coz I have runaway,
I have runaway, yeah,
I have runaway, runaway.
 I have runaway, with you.
 Coz I, I’m falling in love, with you, know never ever,
 I’m never gonna stop falling in love with you.”

 

Her tears started to blurr her eye sight. The song he was singing means so much to her. And he also knew her reason for loving that song.

 

“What’s with you always playing that song baby?” He once asked her, as she played the song for the nth time inside his car.

 

“Nothing. I just love hearing it.” She answered, smiling at him.

 

And she also know that he asked Kia the same thing. She just over heard them as she was on her way to the kitchen after getting something from her room.

 

“Why does she love the song Runaway?” He asked her best friend curiousedly.

 

“Jeez Lee Donghae. You’ve been for years now yet you don’t know?” Kia answered her sarcastically.

 

“I wouldn’t ask if I know. Duh.” He retorted, making a face.

 

“She loved that song ever since we were in middle school. Because she wanted this to be the song that her boyfriend would play when the time comes that he will propose to her. For her, the song means only one thing. Runaway means live forever with me to her.” She explained. “ And no wonder she didn’t tell you about it.” Kia added, this time seriously. She smiled, after hearing her best friend. Kia used her very own words on how she described the meaning of the song.

 

He’s already proposing to her. The song says it all.

 

I’m never gonna stop, stop falling in love, with you.” He ended the song beautifully that made her heart flutter. She never thought that Donghae would actually do this for her.

 

“Hey. Why are you crying?” He quietly asked her, as he was already right in front of her, cupping her face in his hands.

 

“N-nothing.” She managed to reply, as he slowly wiped her tears away gently.

 

“I love you so much Lee Chunjae.” He whispered, as he went down on one knee, flawlessly fishing out a small box out of his coat’s inner pocket.

She wasn’t still able to overcome her surprise for hearing the song from him but seeing what he’s just about to do made her heart thump hard against her chest.

 

“I love you so much that I would do anything just to see you wearing that white dress as you walk down the aisle with me, waiting for you at the end. Will you marry me?” He asked, his voice soothing as ever as he revealed a white gold diamond crusted ring.

 

Her tears started flowing nonstop again, so do as Donghae’s eyes, b with tears.

 

“Y-yes.” She didn’t even thought that she could properly  answer him because of too much emotion enveloping her. Her mind is in great fuzz, that it seemed that it would burst anytime soon because of happiness.

 

Donghae made her fairy tale dream come true.