One Fine Day

A Day to Remember (Devilish Joy Jundong Version)

"Yes Profesor, I'm in Bali right now. Gotta meet a son of our investor for Clean Energy project. Call you later" June speak through his phone while enjoying his Coconut beverage. He stare at a card with a name on it. The one he is having appointment with.

"D.K. Schmid" he said the name. A son of Mr. Schmid, his father's German friend who married a Korean woman. They agreed to meet here to sign an important investment contract. He looks around the cafee but can't see any sign of his presence. He already tried to call his assistant but she didn't pick up. 

He decided to just wait there and enjoyed the ambience of Ubud village. While he peacefully ate the local snack in his table, he saw a man with platinum blonde hair arguing with a waiter in front of his table. 

"Please let me use the toilet, it's urgent. I really need it" he said, hands on stomach. "Sorry Sir, but the toilet is only for our customers. You can order something first, after that you can use our toilet" "Aishhhhh, why are you so cruel to me. Don't you know who I am? I'm D.K. D to the K. I'm an important person you know" he started to boast about who he is.

"D.K?" June caught up by the name. The man heard June said his name. He suddenly turn to him. "Oh, hi, you must be a Korean right? And you know me, haha. Listen hottie, I need your help. Please order a mango juice for me, so I can use their toilet. Would you?" the man begs to June with his puppy eyes. June is quite shock to hear his business partner called him 'hottie'. "Hey, hurry up, please tell him that you'll buy me a juice" he continues. "Oh, well of course, but after that, would you sign the papers?" June asked him. "Well, I can sign it now. Hurry up, give me the paper" he said. June is really shock right now. "But, won't you read it first?" "Aishhh, why should I? I already gave millions signature to people. Just give me the paper" he demanded. June is still shock but decides to give the paper to him.

"Here you go. Now I need to go to toilet. You're welcome" he gave the paper back to June and run to the toilet. But before he could, June already held his wrist. "Wait, what the hell is this?" June's eyes wide opened. Now he got heart attack. On top of his important contract paper, there is a big signature said 'KIM DONGHYUK'. The other man just give him a confused look. "You asked for it and I gave you. What else?" he rolled his eyes. "Just.. who are you? Didn't you say you're D.K? Mr. D.K. Schmid?" June asked him in an angry tone. "D.K. Schmid? Who is that? I'm D.K. Donghyuk Kim. You know, the Nation's Little Angel?" 

June is getting more confused and angry at the same time. "Aishhhhh, I need to go. Anyeong" the man whose real name is Donghyuk ran to the toilet immediately. June is shocked. He cursed inside his mind. 

"What the hell is going on?" he asked himself.

*****

"Thank you for your understanding Mr. Schmid, I am so glad that you still signed our contract" June said his apology. "That's okay Mr.Goo. This is nothing compared to how late I am today. I'm really sorry." The real Mr. D.K Schmid answered after signing the contract. " Well, I have to go now. I wish that your project running well" he added. "Thank you Mr. Schmid. We're doing this project for a greater good. This will save the future." June convinced him confidently. 

After proper goodbye with Mr. Schmid, June went to the front of toilet. He still have an unresolved problem with the fake D.K. Then he heard the door opened.

"Oh my God" Donghyuk is surprised to see June in front of the door with a deadly stare all over his face. "Wha...what are you doing here? What do you want from me?" he nervously asked. Afraid that June will do something scary. "You almost ruined my important contract. Should at least apologize." June said straightforwardly. "Well, I don't know what is my fault but I tend to avoid confrontation, so.. I'm sorry" Donghyuk said it wothout even thinking. "Now that I already apologized, what do you want?" he continued. June freeze. He doesn't know the answer because he didn't expect him to apologize that easily. "Hmmm, actually I don't know" June murmured. "Okay then, 'Mr. I don't know your name but I owe you a cup of mango juice', I have to go. Thank you for the treat" he bowed.

"Wait, Kim Donghyuk-ssi" June finally knows what to say. "Why don't you have money to order even a cup of juice?" "Ahh...actually I'm lost. I came with my group, then I decided to take a little walk. Suddenly my stomach hurted, I was looking for toilet and ended up here" he answered with confused look. "And you don't bring your wallet or phone?" June asked. "I never bring them. I'm a top star, my assistant will bring them for me" he said with a funnily arrogant tone. Instead of being annoyed, June found it very cute. He laughed then. Feeling offended, Donghyuk challenges him, "Why are you laughing? You don't believe that I'm a top star? Don't you have TV in your house?" "No, it's not like that" June holds his laugh. "It's just, does the top star want me to help him find his group? It would be hard to find your group without money and phone" he offered. Donghyuk feels relieved but manage to keep his diva attitude. "Hmmm, okay then. I accept your offer. I'll send you a VVIP ticket to my next concert as my gratitude" he said with his top star tone. June laughed again. "So, first, please put your number here" June said and give his phone to Donghyuk. Donghyuk give him a death glare. "Don't be so full of yourself 'Mr. I don't know your name but I owe you a cup of mango juice'. I'm not going into personal contact with my fans" he said. June laughed loudly. "Don't be so full of yourself 'Mr. Top Star that I've never heard before'. I'm not interested in having personal contact with you" June said. Donghyuk send him suspicious look. "We'll call your number and if your assistant answers the call, we'll find your group right away" June said. Then he finds Donghyuk's cheeks turn red as tomatoes. He laughed again. "My name is Goo June anyway. Just call me June" "Thank you, June-ssi. And sorry" Donghyuk answered. Eyes looked down due to embarrassment.

*****

"He didn't pick up" Donghyuk sighed. He had tried to call his phone eleven time but no answer. "I think he left my phone somewhere.  He must be searching for me right now" he continued. "Well, let's take a walk to the place where you're lost" June advised. "Hmm, okay. Seems like we don't have another option" Donghyuk frowned.

They walk side by side. And then they found street perfomers singing happily. Donghyuk looks at June and ask him, "Wanna bet? I bet that you'll be my fans within one song" he smiled confidently. "Oh you think so?" June responded in mocking tone. Donghyuk nodded. "Then prove it" 

Donghyuk took over the stage. He start to song his song. The title is Hug Me.

"Ttak han beonman shipchoman jinjihage anaboja, anaboja.."

June feels hypnotized by his soft and angelic voice. One song has not even finished but June is now not only becoming his fans.

He falls for him.

*****

With Bali romantic atmosphere, June feels butterflies in his stomach. This is the first time he feels this kind of feeling. With his continuous research on thermonuclear and his position as executive director of YG Energy Group, he didn't have time to spend romantic moment with anyone. Now, there is a living angel beside him. He find it silly to fall in love with someone within less than a day.

"June-ssi.." Donghyuk softly called his name. "Hmmm?" he responded. "Now that you offered a help, would you also buy me that? I really want to taste it" Donghyuk said while pointing at a craved ice seller. It's local dessert with brown sugar syrup all over the ice. "Hahaha, well, what will I get by buying you that dessert? VVIP ticket for another concert?" June . Donghyuk smiles shyly. "Hummm, I will give you a backstage access" he answered in cute baby tone. "Can I get an access to your heart instead?" June asked him. Donghyuk's cheeks getting red. They stare at each others. 

Then they kissed. Start from a soft innocent kiss, turned into hot and breathless kisses. "I love you" June said softly. "I love you too" Donghyuk answered. Lips are red, eyes full of desires for each others.

"Donghyukkie..." they hear someone called his name. "Oh, it's Jinhwan hyung, my stylist" Donhyuk sighed. June gives him questioning look. "Well, June-ssi, I don't wanna part from you right now, but I think I have to" he said with sadness in his eyes. "I don't wanna part away either, Donghyukie" June said in comforting tone. Donghyuk feels so tickled to be called by a dear name. "June-ya" he said shyly. "Can I call you that?" he looked directly into June's eyes. "Of course my love" June replied. "One hour from now, let's meet again in this place" Donghyuk said to him. "Okay, I'll wait for you" June smiled sweetly while caressing Donghyuk's left cheek. "We're still together but I already miss you" June didn't even know when did he become an expert in sweet talking. Donghyuk blushed. "Don't be late" he said and steal a quick kiss from June.

"I love youu..." he yelled when running. June can't help but shouted that he loved Donghyuk too.

*****

While waiting for their date, June decided to take a look at local souvenir shop. The shop is very different, with mysterious atmosphere all around it. When he was busy choosing what item he will buy, he accidentally hear a conversation between two men.

"I'm sure it's the best strategy to dethrone him. It will be the biggest scandal of the year, minister who is famous with his family man image, and an angelic celebrity" one man stated. "I feel bad for D.K. though, he's just unlucky that he is the one who has schedule in Bali right now. But order is order. Let's do this"

Hearing his boyfriend's name on the conversation, June suddenly shivered. He saw the men receiving a package like drugs from the shop owner. His instinct told him to follow them. During his spying mission, he knew that the men realize they have been followed. When he was about to confront them, a truck came close.

A second later he only feels pain all over his head. Tears escaping his eyes. Not only because he is in pain, but also his beloved one is in danger.

And he can do nothing to help him.

*****

It's been two hours since the date time but Donghyuk can't find June. "Maybe he changed his mind" he said sadly with tears on his cheeks, unaware of what really happened to June.

He's going back to the hotel and then his CEO calls him. "Donghyuk-ah, as I told you yesterday, please meet with minister of economy tonight. He is in Bali for economic conference with other country, but he said he wanted to meet you since you're doing a good job as tourism ambassador of Korea. He might want you to promote for his ministry too"

"I'm not in the mood of pretending that I'm excited sajangnim. Can't you hold the schedule untill tomorrow?" he try to bargain. " It's a minister we're talking about Donghyuk. Don't you dare to put on a show" his CEO replied.

At the end, Donghyuk gave up. He sit in a VVIP desk of a restaurant waiting for Mr. Yang Hyunsuk, minister of economy. 

"Good evening Mr. Yang, it's an honour to meet you" he greet politely. "Good evening. Nice to meet you. Your CEO said you are interested to work for my ministry" he smiled widely. Donghyuk gave him confused look. He never said that.

"Well, let's drink some cocktail first" Mr. Yang offered him a glass. After take his ship, he suddenly feels dizziness attack his head. He could also see Mr. Yang suffered a same symptom. Then the world goes blank.

*****

Donghyuk doesn't how he get into his bed, but when he woke up, he found hundreds of message from almost everyone who have his contact. One of them send a link. When he click the link, he found an online article with headline.

"Mr. Family Trash Minister with the Nation's Little Sl*t"

With the photo of him on Mr. Yang shoulder. It was yesterday. Both of them unconscious. 

He shocked. He fell on his knee, his brain can't proceed what is happening right now.

*****

Three days from the news was out, Mr. Yang found dead on his office. He committed suicide.

After that, Donghyuk's life turn upside down.

*****

a/n : sorry for grammatical error. I don't speak English and this is the first time I write a fanfic. Actually, I wrote this because it's hard for me to find Jundong fics, that's why I tried to write one. Hope you guys can enjoy. <3