what you do for love

what you do for love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It would be an understatement if Kibum was an obsessive Jumping BoA. Sometimes Minho felt like Kibum loved his role model a.k.a the Queen of KPOP, BoA, more than his own boyfriend. Yes, it made him feel jealous sometimes but he didn’t mind. It was something that is not surprising for Minho since he was Kibum’s best friend. If Minho was asked about Kibum and what was the thing that didn’t change about the guy, it was his love and excitement towards BoA.

 

As much as obsessive he was, Minho was actually grateful because BoA was also the reason why he and Kibum became friends. In middle school, he was actually a timid boy and he had no friends until he met Kim Kibum. The boy was very energetic and lively. Minho remembered as if it was yesterday. Kibum approached him first and he handed one of his earphone which attached to his iPod Nano. Minho hesitated at first but he took the earphone and put it on his left ear. He didn’t know who the singer was but the song was quite catchy.

 

“Do you like it? It was BoA’s My Name,” the boy smiled, “Please don’t tell the teacher that I’m bringing my iPod.”

 

Since then, they became friends. He discovered a lot of things about Kibum. One of them was the guy was older than him and he really loved the singer, BoA. At first, Minho lowkey found it annoying to hear Kibum talking about BoA as if that was the only topic that the world had. ‘Minho, Minho, do you know that BoA wrote the lyrics by herself on this album?’ or ‘Minho, you should definitely listen to this album! I swear it’s really good!’. Minho wouldn’t listen to the songs unless Kibum shoved his earphone and forced him. The older guy kept on promoting BoA’s songs and also how the idol was simply a queen. At the same time, Minho was amused because of Kibum’s unconditional love towards the singer.

 

Minho didn’t understand why Kibum was so obsessive with the idol. He wanted to understand. Secretly, Minho bought BoA’s album out of curiosity. It was BoA’s third album, Atlantis Princess. He listened to it at home with his CD player. The songs were really good and he really liked Milky Way the most. He also tried to watch BoA’s documentaries and everything. Maybe he understood somehow. He could see that the idol was very humble and cheerful. He liked to hear the woman’s laugh.  It was amusing when he searched about BoA’s hardship. The idol went to Japan without knowing the language and also anyone. However, she was the first foreign artist to get number one in the Oricon chart. No wonder Kibum loved BoA so much. The woman was an inspiration for him.

 

As time went by, they became closer and closer. Minho liked to hangout in Kibum’s house. It was more comfortable compared to his own house. As expected, the guy had a lot of CD and merchandise collection of BoA. There were posters in the wall. It wasn’t surprising for him. It wouldn’t be Kim Kibum if he didn’t have anything related to BoA.

 

“I don’t usually invite my friends at home. They don’t really know about this actually,” the older guy muttered.

 

“Why didn’t you tell your friends about BoA?”

 

At first, Kibum didn’t say anything. Minho was afraid that he actually made the older guy felt offended. But then, Kibum began to spoke up.

 

“They will laugh at me. They won’t understand. But when I see you, I feel like you’ll understand. Even though it was our first time talking to each other, I’ve been observing. I know that you will listen to me and you will not judge like what other people would do.”

 

Kibum talked about his feelings more after that. Minho discovered a lot of things about Kibum aside from his love towards BoA. There were so much more than that. Now when Kibum talked about BoA with him, Minho didn’t find him a weirdo but more like, he found Kibum very cute when he was so excited and his eyes were sparkling as he explained everything to Minho. Even when Kibum screamed ‘BoA-jjang!!’ every single time he watched BoA’s DVD concert. His feelings toward Kibum changed. He just didn’t want to let go of the older guy.

 

Minho confessed to Kibum after their high school graduation. They became a couple and lived together since then. They had the same feelings toward each other. Even if the older guy kept on talking about BoA, Minho knew that Kibum only talked about it only with him. They both felt comfortable with each other. There were times where they both stayed at home and listened to BoA’s music while cuddling each other. They didn’t need anything else. He really loved it when they went on a trip. Kibum would si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter