Chapter 01: Interesting Sicheng

You are the music to my ear

Chapter 01

Broken-hearted,

Cold-hearted,

but never show,

that describes him.

No one is born this way

from the start,

but he said he is,

' No one loves me anyways ' 

he said.


 

The loud cursing voice woke Sicheng up from his dreamland. Here we go again. He rubbed his eyes and got up from his bed to get the headphone on the table. He plugged the headphone into his phone and wore it. He closed his eyes, trying to enjoy the melody. He frowned. As much as he volumed up the music in his phone, he still heard the sound of glass-smashing. Sicheng vigorously plugged out his headphone and threw it on his bed. He hissed angrily and grabbed the black bag at the corner of his room. When Sicheng went out from his room, he saw his parents were quarreling. They never notice him, they were so immersed in the battle of bad-mouthing each other. Sicheng rolled his eyes and walked out from this house. As soon as he was out, he met the eyes of the old lady living opposite his house. Sicheng could see the mocking in her eyes. She smiled at him awkwardly but Sicheng ignored her, making his way out from the neighborhood. He took a peak at his phone, 21:49. He wondered how long had he slept. He only remembered he started to sleep in this morning. There's still 11 minutes till his show. He smirked and started running toward his destination.

 

Sicheng arrived at a street. He saw there were some people waiting for him, some of them were standing while some of them were sitting. He chuckled silently and put down his bag. He took out his guitar from the bag and people started cheering. Sicheng placed his index finger on his lips and this gesture made people fell into silent. Sicheng played songs with his guitar and people started circling around him. They enjoyed the amazing music made from the guitar, admiring Sicheng's talent. Actually, Sicheng really loved the moment when people around him are being quiet, letting him does what he want to do, not to mention the calming night breeze. It's feel like there's only he and his music in this cruel, busy world. No cursing, no smashing, no mocking, nothing is bothering him.

 

One hour just ended like a flash, he finished and people started leaving. Sicheng stared at the cup filled with money, people actually paid him to listen his music. He guessed he is a street performer. This is his favourite street. Nothing special about this street but quiet and quiet is what he likes. Sicheng actually wanted to stay longer playing his guitar but the guard out there probably will chase him away for making noise. He put back his guitar in his bag and left the area. It's been three months he came back to Korea from China. He is a half chinese and half korean, he born in Korea but left Korea when he was nine. Now, he is back. He comes to this street every Sunday night since then, searching for comfort. He was free everyday but not anymore as tomorrow his school will start and he is a transfer student. 

 

Sicheng went back his house, he noticed one car went missing. Probably just his father went out. Inside the house was so quiet and dark and what amazed him is the house was cleaned up. No scattered glasses. He went up to his room and before he entered his room, he heard sobbing sound. He looked into the room which had the lights on from far away. Probably just his mother crying. Sicheng laid down on his bed and stared blankly at the ceiling.

 

Will he be fine in the new school?  He wondered.


 

The morning ray striked Sicheng's eyes as he went out from his house for school. He is now a second grade high schooler. ' Morning ' a familar voice surprised Sicheng. Sicheng stared at Taeyong who was waving at him in front his house. Lee Taeyong, Sicheng's friend since kindergarden and still contacting with each other although Sicheng went to China. Sicheng remembered how happy Taeyong sounded when he told him he was going back to Korea. He was the first person Sicheng met when he arrived Korea.

 

' Morning. ' Sicheng greeted back. 

 

' Don't you feel excited with your new school ? ' Taeyong broke into the biggest smile and wrapped his arm around Sicheng's shoulder. Sicheng smiled weakly while nodding. ' There's a lot of good things you can look forward to with the school. ' Taeyong ruffled Sicheng's hair.

 

' Look how happy you are with your reopening school. I guess I should look forward. ' Sicheng laughed as Taeyong hummed happily. For a moment, Sicheng stared at Taeyong's side profile and felt quite sorry for him. Taeyong is always on Sicheng's side and really open up to Sicheng. Taeyong tells everything to Sicheng but  Sicheng is not doing the same. He kept his secret from Taeyong, example, his parent issue. Sicheng just did not want to tell and what is the point if Sicheng does aware Taeyong about the issue. It's not like Taeyong is the solution. No one cares anyway. Sicheng thought.

 

' That's it ! We arrive ! ' Taeyong's word cut off Sicheng's train of thought. SM High. Sicheng looked up and was actually amazed by how luxury the school looks. Taeyong was happily anticipating Sicheng's amazed reaction but what he got was a growl from Sicheng's stomach. ' You never eat breakfast? ' Taeyong asked while Sicheng nodded in yes. ' You stay at the board there, look for the information of your class. I'll get you some bread. ' Taeyong pointed at the crowd and ran to cafeteria. Sicheng saw Taeyong lost in his sight then joined the crowd. He was pushed to the front of the board and started searching for his name.

 

DONG SICHENG

LEE TAEYONG

 

Class 2B. Sicheng found his name and Taeyong's was right under him. He smiled but not until the crowd started to scream. Within the few seconds, Sicheng felt like all eyes on him. Well not directly on him, it's just the crowd attention was just right beside him. The guy stood beside Sicheng and did the same thing like Sicheng just did, searching for his name. ' Class 2B. ' Sicheng heard his murmur. Then, Sicheng heard his sigh. ' Mark, seriously? You are the last place but still the same class with me? ' Sicheng heard him again.  

 

Mark slipped out from the crowd to the front and laughed. ' Are we the same class again? That's fate, bro! Blame the school system, not me please. Doyoung. ' Mark hitted Doyoung's back and laughed even louder, teasing his best friend. Sicheng stared at them but not until his eyes met Mark's. ' Oh! I never see you around before? Are you a newbie? ' Mark asked causing everyone looked at Sicheng. This time was directly, all eyes on him. Sicheng cleared his throat and nodded in yes. ' Call me mark. ' Mark introduced. 

 

' Sicheng. ' Mark smiled as Sicheng introduced. Sicheng had to admit that Mark's smile was surprisingly beautiful and he could tell Mark is an enerygetic person. Sicheng is the opposite of him.

 

' Let's get close. ' Mark said while walking toward Sicheng, closering their distance. So close that their chest touched, causing Sicheng backed away. Mark smirked.

 

Here comes the flirty Mark. Doyoung rolled his eyes and pulled Mark away from Sicheng. His eyes now met with Sicheng's and he kinda found Sicheng is quite a good looking man. Sicheng has an innocent yet chic face, tall height and still looking charming standing there. Overall, Sicheng is a handsome guy. No wonder Mark took the first step as soon as he noticed Sicheng. Doyoung looked away from Sicheng after checking him out for too long. ' Don't such a freak. ' Doyoung said to Mark. ' I'm going to class. ' Doyoung added, leaving Sicheng and Mark behind while Mark still eye-ing Sicheng.

 

Sicheng noticed half of the crowd followed Doyoung while some of them stayed with Mark, either fangirling or fanboying over him. ' So what do you like to hear about me? How do I think about your handsome face? There's a lot I can say about that though. Do you want me to walk you around the school and talk about that. ' Mark asked. Mark then placed his mouth near Sicheng's right ear and whispered, ' That's the time where only you and I. ' 

 

Weird man. Sicheng backed away from Mark again.

 

' Sicheng! ' Taeyong's voice came from Mark's back and Mark frowned. 

 

' You are his friend? ' Mark asked and Sicheng nodded. Mark frowned even more, he immediately walked away from Sicheng before Taeyong got to them. At that time, Sicheng knew Mark must be disliking Taeyong. 

 

' That's Mark right? ' Taeyong questioned when he got to Sicheng. Taeyong looked at Mark when Mark was leaving , he pouted. He didn't get to talk to Mark. Taeyong handed Sicheng two strawberry breads, that is Sicheng's favourite and a bottle of milk. ' Mark is awesome right? ' Taeyong asked.

 

What the heck? How' is he awesome? Sicheng frowned secretly but nodded unwillingly. He could feel that Taeyong was admiring Mark. He then walked away from the board with Taeyong. Before walking toward the stairs, Sicheng looked up the school building and accidentally made an eye contact with Doyoung who was upstair staring at him. Doyoung. Sicheng remembered him. 

 

Doyoung immediately broke the eye contact with Sicheng when their eyes met. He then realized that his name was above Sicheng's name on the board just now, he then sneaked a peak of Sicheng again. He is coming up. Doyoung cleared his throat before entering the class.

 

KIM DOYOUNG

DONG SICHENG

 

Doyoung was picturing the image of their name on the board just now. Dong Sicheng? Interesting. Doyoung sat on his seat and rested his eyes before Sicheng entered the classroom.