005

the daddy of the baby (shifted to ao3)

there are a lot of reasons for me being MIA, but i will settle with the exam preparations in the end. i am sorry, i had been missing for almost three months now, so i hope you’re still interested here? the updates from now on may always be this long, btw. just saying, just in case you don’t like reading long  chapters.


 

You'll have to be with Jongin throughout the months of his pregnancy, pretending that you two are actually lovers and want a child; with mutual consent, Jongin decided to fulfill your wish to have a baby to represent your strong bond and love.

However, if this didn't grow into something by the end of Jongin's pregnancy, I'll not force either of you to live and be together; you can go your own way if you realize that you don't feel anything for each other. You, however, if are needed by Jongin post pregnancy, you cannot run away from your responsibility from there as well.

Pregnancy or post pregnancy, feelings or not, you two have to be together for the baby; Kyungsoo, you cannot leave Jongin's side in the responsibility of the child until or unless he finds someone who he loves and trusts pregnancy or post pregnancy.

-

-

Kyungsoo is pissed off sure, but that doesn't mean he has any rights or guts to speak against his father's demand and/ or wishes. After hearing what his father, as well as Jongin's father, had to say, he stands perfectly silent beside his father. He pretends as if he doesn't feel like turning everything upside down right in front of his father for choosing and deciding something for him when he's fully capable of doing so himself.

Keeping his head down, he ends up whispering a small “yes, dad,”, fisted hands signifying the words in some cooped up place in his head at this moment.

“I don't think if this is a good idea,” Jongin braves up and speaks exactly what Kyungsoo wants to, but isn't brave enough to put into a perfect sentence. “K-Kyungsoo doesn't want this child…” Something Kyungsoo believes shouldn't have been said. “It will be burden for him.” Jongin smacks his mouth shut the moment the two fathers look at him disapprovingly.

“Tell me, Jongin,” Mr. Do begins some moments later. “Did you two think twice before spending the night together?”

"We were drunk!” Kyungsoo exclaims, throwing his hands in the air in annoyance when his father doesn't bother looking at him.

Kyungsoo, the results are here though—you can't pretend you didn't give your own part into this.” Mr. Do answers, not even bothering to look at his son. “I am not going to force him to either abort the baby, Kyungsoo. You know well enough how serious this matter is, and how much your mother and I hate even talking about abortion.”

His family history is, kind of, full of sorrow in their personal lives. Disturbing incidents and a past of losing kids even before they were born. Kyungsoo was born seven years after his parents marriage; putting full stop on the many claims that his mother was barren ever since she had aborted a kid (which is said to be more rumor than truth) in her late teenage years after accidentally getting knocked up by her first boyfriend. Kyungsoo grew up to be a healthy child; well because his parents were already playing with millions of money. Of course, being the only child doesn't mean he didn't have to go through his parents moral standards of living life like a human.

It was a fact that Kyungsoo knew even before his dad decided for him, the sole reason why he wanted Jongin to abort the baby or keep the news to himself. Knowing his father's nature, it was a predictable thing his father would ask him to take responsibility of the pregnant, of Jongin. If it wasn't for Jongin's father constant knowing, gentle reminders, his father would've already slapped him in front of everyone.

Billionaire or not, his father is honestly very aggressive kind of man. A trait that Kyungsoo believes he has been gifted solely from his father. Something that he rarely shows—in fact, he doesn't think if he ever raised his hand at anyone—except, of course, the moments his facial expression give away his annoyance and anger for whatever that pissed him off.

There are some set of rules given to them, that mostly Kyungsoo has to follow; to be the 'man in lead’ since it's Jongin who's carrying 'their symbol of love’. One of the most important being how he has to make sure to stand beside Jongin; in whatever he needs, whatever he goes through, whatever he wants, and whatever he's feeling. Like some kind of lover of the actor which he definitely is not.

He could be a er for Jongin's ever present beauty, a head to nod along the omnipresent claim of Jongin being a work of perfection but that. Definitely not. Jongin is a kid, he has barely seen life, and Kyungsoo doesn't fall in love with kids. Mind you, Kyungsoo believes so.

“If you could walk a little slow, I will appreciate it greatly.” Jongin shouts behind him, stopping just behind Kyungsoo when the elder comes to a complete stop right in front of the elevator. “Can you stop acting like a petulant child already?” Jongin huffs, seemingly giving up on the whole truth that Kyungsoo just wouldn't understand. “Behave like an adult that we all know you are!”

“Actually,” Kyungsoo begins and turns around, looking as intimidating as he always does whenever he's carrying himself in his expensive Armani suits. “You're tall, you are supposed to catch up on me. In fact, it should be the other way round; you should he walking ahead of me.”

Jongin dismisses the insistent thoughts about how he should fire back on Kyungsoo for the same thing; mock him for his short height and all. He knows Kyungsoo wouldn't like if he did that anyway. “I would, but I hurt myself.” He points to his ankle; it's nothing serious, just a little scratch, but Jongin is nothing if not a drama queen.

Kyungsoo passes a fleeting glance to the pointed ankle, and an expression takes place on his face. It disappears as soon as it came though, even before Jongin could pinpoint what it actually was, and before they know, Kyungsoo is already turning around to the elevator with a small annoyed huff. “You're telling me as if I care.”

Jongin seals his mouth shut, taken aback by the hurtful words (truth, in fact), and keeps his head low and lips sealed throughout their walk to Kyungsoo's parked Mercedes in the Exclusive Parking Lot for the VIPs in the company. A Lot exclusively designed for Kyungsoo and his father, and some renowned journalists who can walk in and around the company (with some purpose, of course) and no one would bother them.

The way Kyungsoo carries himself despite being shouted and disciplined (in some sense) by his father some minutes ago simply astonishes Jongin. So much that he wonders what his confidence is compared to the man who has faced harsh criticism, words, and gone through hundreds of disgusting games in the business at such young age. He will be only twenty-five this year.

He is so busy in his thoughts that he doesn't notice Kyungsoo coming to a stop and turning around to look at him, all of a sudden. When he does, however, he barely smothers his scream when Kyungsoo all but slams him against one of the parked cars. He whines low in his throat, and is barely able to open his eyes to see what the heck is wrong with the other man that he feels Kyungsoo's breath ghosting his lips.

Jongin freezes, cowers, and then opens his eyes to look at Kyungsoo in question. What the—“What the hell?”

Kyungsoo hisses; expression dark and serious, eyes hard and dark, and lips set in a straight line. Jongin foolishly thinks he looks hot. “Shut up,” Kyungsoo whispers, harsh into his ear; Jongin involuntary shivers in between the man's body and the car, an almost natural reaction to anything Kyungsoo.

Whispering a little in the back of his throat, he tries to think of reasons why Kyungsoo would do this, and he comes with basically nothing. It must be because Kyungsoo being this close doesn't help him think clearly; to have the man this close, and this hot, Jongin doesn't think if there's any human who's capable of acting and thinking straight. He is no exception. He forgets all kind of contempt, annoyance, and anger that had been brewing inside him just minutes ago, body begging for nothing but searing touch of skin on skin.

Sure, it's easy to get Jongin all riled up in someone's arms.

“I noticed a journalist at the other end—pretend that you didn't notice him as well, okay?” Jongin remains mum, not really understanding why they're acting like this in the first place. He doesn't question though, because Kyungsoo continues within seconds into the silence between them, as if he could hear Jongin's confusion. “Now that I have to be with you for the next nine months, people are bound to find this out.”

Oh. Jongin understands. It's probably because Mr. Do would probably announce their 'relationship’ in public soon. Kyungsoo acting this means a part of the plan. To make the relationship look and sound more realistic than a hoax to grab attention of all. It will be no surprise if everyone goes berserk; to hear two of the most loved bachelors of the country dating (and having a baby together) will probably not let many people sleep; journalists and fans alike.

“You're a good actor, can you even pretend for a moment instead of standing here like a complete idiot?”

Jongin doesn't know what to reply to that, so he keeps his mouth shut, although he does look offended.

Kyungsoo, however, doesn't seem pleased with the lack of response. “Jongin,” he says, a very murmur of his name dipped in his very tempting husky voice. Jongin curls his toes in delight, melting almost immediately in between Kyungsoo's arms when the CEO wounds them around his waist. “What should I do with you?” It's only when Kyungsoo's a hair breath away from his face that they hear a small click of a camera and then a loud round of fake coughs. Kyungsoo steps back from his personal space, although he does so with so much elegance as if they were real and to find someone watching them in this kind of situation is some kind of norm.

Jongin releases a breath that he hadn't known he had been holding; pretending to hear the conversation between Kyungsoo and the journalist, and completely not grasping hold onto even a single word. Feeling one of Kyungsoo's arms still around his waist, he wonders who is going to get this the hardest. Sure, Kyungsoo definitely doesn't want the child (if he cares even an ounce about the baby, he would show) and would definitely not enjoy the coming months, but what about him? It's not just about his pregnancy, it's more about his own liking for the man.

He doesn’t even want to imagine where this will take both of them.

“Forget about everything that happened in the lot,” Kyungsoo speaks once they’re settled in the car, Kyungsoo driving them through the busy street. “That was just a ploy. I know what Dad probably has in his mind, it’s better if we keep giving them ‘hints’ that we have been dating for quite some time now.” Then, with a small amused groan, he continues, “who knows how much benefit you’re going to get from this.”

Jongin nods his head absentmindedly, not taking in the insult right away, shifting slightly on his seat and making sure to not look at the elder, even through his peripheral vision. For some reason, he feels suffocated sitting alone in the car with the CEO, for whatever reason and for a moment, he wonders if adoring a man who he didn’t know more than his physical appearance was a good choice in the end or not. Probably not; who knew a man with a handsome face as Kyungsoo and a charming personality as him would have this proud, over-confident, and disagreeable personality. People go past their faces, Jongin realizes and comes to accept, not for the first time. He wouldn’t forget the moment where he’d thought that maybe Kyungsoo hid his true self behind this fake personality, rather he would like to take his words back and throw them in a nearby dustbin.

Kyungsoo doesn’t seem like he’s anything other than disagreeable by nature. Default by birth kind of case. His mother probably dropped him when he was a baby otherwise, why he would be this cynical. Jongin could or would giggle at his thought, but then Kyungsoo’s passing him a look; raised eyebrows in disapprovement and all, and he takes back his thoughts of a few days back once again. He doesn’t know if Kyungsoo attends parties or not but if he does, he’d probably be a party pooper.

“We’re going at your place.” Kyungsoo announces, taking a right turn without so much of a change in his body.

“Why?” He questions, shifting on the seat so that he could look at the other male properly. “Is there something that I should know as well?”

Kyungsoo nods his head and stays silent for some moments then after a small clearing of throat, continues. “You’ll have to shift at my place.”

It takes Jongin a moment or two to understand what the other means. “Why would I do that?” He asks, a loud exclamation lost somewhere in between the words. “There’s no reason for me to do that! Even your father never suggested we should do that.”

“Actually, that’s the only way that I can look after you.”

“There’s no need,” he dismisses the other’s thoughts right away or at least tries to. “Jungkook is there to look after me, even I can take care of myself.”

Kyungsoo remains mum another moment. “Is Jungkook the other father?”

“What? Of course, no, it’s you!”

“Then why would I allow him to look after someone that’s rightfully mine?”

It takes a moment for Jongin to digest the truth that it was Kyungsoo who said what he said... but Kyungsoo said he didn’t want the child, then why did he sound so possessive over someone who he has not even accepted, yet? Is he hearing things or Kyungsoo actually sounded possessive to him, for basically no reason?

As if understanding Jongin’s confusion, he shakes his head with a small groan. “I am saying that just because dad won’t let me do otherwise. Look, there’s no reason for you to think that I actually want you at my place, this does not mean anything to me.” Oh, yes, how could he forget that Kyungsoo is still the same abrasive piece of . “I am sure in a few days dad will announce our relationship in public, your pregnancy will help prove the point more. I just want to make sure that people don’t raise questions as to why we live separate when it’s clear that you’re carrying my baby and all.” He passes a fleeting glance to Jongin, face and eyes devoid of any emotion as always. “I hope that’s okay with you.”

The father son are busy mixing truth with business; money will definitely come easy after the confirmation in public. He doesn’t understand if Mr. Do actually is serious about the whole pregnancy or is just playing like any other businessman would do. A part of him doesn’t agree on his previous thought, Mr. Do sounded genuine in his concern and worry about the future of the child, he wouldn’t think about business first. Then again, is this not some kind of step that could destroy everything for the Do’s? Nah, there must be some hidden agenda, these people are from business world. They know more than an average actor like him. A little, but whatever.

“Do you not think that they will eventually find out that we shifted together just days before the confirmation?”

“That’s none of your concern.” Kyungsoo dismisses him right away, Jongin rolls his eyes at him before turning to look ahead at the familiar place. “Within a few months, you’re going to be trapped inside the four walls until the labor anyway. It’s better if you know everything about my place, just in case I wouldn’t be at home and at work and you need something.”

Jongin doesn’t understand if that was an insult or Kyungsoo just bluntly reminding him that he would get full within a few months. Whatever it was, Kyungsoo still doesn’t have much likable personality anyway. They reach at his place some half an hour later; at first, Kyungsoo inists (with so much humility and calm tone that Jongin wonders for moments if he was talking to the same Kyungsoo who misbehaved with him a thousand times) that he will wait for him in the car, however, when Jongin reminds him that he hasn’t packed anything and will take a lot of time to finish such (with some amount of help from the CEO, if he’d liked to help him that is), he follows him into his penthouse.

Once inside the penthouse, the awkwardness returns. Jongin marvels at the little fact that the two of them remained decent adults throughout the hour.

“Would you like something to drink?” He asks, hearing a little shuffling from behind him.

“No, thanks. Just pack your bags and let's go.”

Jongin shrugs and walks into his bedroom after pointing to the couch kept in the living room, a place for Kyungsoo to wait for him until he's done with all the packing. Some minutes into practically shoving his clothes in his trolly bag, he decides to call Jungkook and his father and tell them about him leaving for Kyungsoo's place, just in case Kyungsoo murders him in anger or something. The typical way to get rid of the problems that one created with one's own stupidity.

“We already know about that,” Jungkook informs him. “Mr. Do said Kyungsoo hyung will bring you to his place so that he could take care of you well. Since you'll be in his presence and all.”

“You should've told me!” He whines, looking through the photo frames before carefully packing them in between his clothes. “I almost got a heart attack when he said I'd to live with him.”

Jungkook laughs, a cute little sound from the back of his throat as if he just groaned and choked at the same time. “Hyung,” he finally begins, “it's okay. Now you know at least. Besides, I will keep coming to check on you; you living with hyung doesn't mean I will be sure about your safety and all. I don't trust that man, in fact, he hasn't done anything to win my trust. So yup, no worries.”

“I know.” He murmurs. Kyungsoo shouts from the living room if he's done, Jongin rolls his eyes and shouts back that he didn't. “He's so demanding.”

“Oh,” says Jungkook, “I am sure you will get to know a lot about your man, hyung.” Jongin refuses to acknowledge the fact that he's blushing in favor of reminding Jungkook that if he were there, he would've slapped him already. “Hyung, I think I will call you later. I am bringing uncle out for dinner.”

“Thank you so much, Jungkook,” Jongin says, smiling a little before dropping on his bed. “I don't know what I would've done if it wasn't for you.”

“I know right.” Even though the younger isn't here, Jongin can imagine the proud teasing smile on his face. “Okay, I should go now. Take care and call me the moment he tries to be funny with you. I will chop him off with my own hands.”

“Thanks.” He replies with a small grimace. Jungkook laughs and bids him farewell for now, Jongin does in return. He sighs and then jumps at the first knock on his bedroom room, Kyungsoo let's him know it's him outside, waiting for him. “I am not done, yet—what the hell is wrong with you?”

“I don't have enough time for your stupidness.” Jongin wonders what he did to be called stupid. “I want to go home and rest for the night.”

“It will be better if you help me,” he suggests, getting up from the bed to notice Kyungsoo peeking behind the bedroom door. “Things will be easier, just saying.”

Kyungsoo stays silent for some moments before he knocks on the door once again and asks if he could come inside. Jongin, surprised, answers that he could. Kyungsoo walks inside and stands still on the same spot for the next few minutes, before he asks Jongin if he could check his closet. Jongin, still wondering if this is exactly what he's seeing, nods at the man, watching silently as the CEO quickly shuffles inside the closet.

Kyungsoo peeks some seconds later, eyebrows raised in annoyance. “I don't think this closet is mine, would you help me with what you want for now?”

Jongin nods his head and follows the man in. “What do you mean by now?”

“I will ask Minho to bring remaining things.”

“I mean we're bringing everything with us, right?”

“Wrong,” Kyungsoo answers, picking everything that Jongin points to in his arms, he ignores Jongin's protest as he walks back into the bedroom to place them inside the younger's trolley bag. He walks back in, ignoring Jongin's cries of handling the clothes with care. “You don't need so many clothes for a night; you could come tomorrow and bring everything with you. I don't have enough time for this.”

“You don't even need me to bring me with you tonight; I can come tomorrow myself instead.”

Kyungsoo stops, as if he hadn't thought about that before, before he huffs and grabs the other clothes once again. “It will be better if you make it quick, I want to rest for the night now.”

What is this man even?

-

-

“You're behaving as if you don't want anything that's happening.”

“Actually not,” Jongin answers, his trolly bag in his hand. “I don't want anything that's happening.” Kyungsoo stumbles on the carpet laid in the hall. The CEO straightens up almost immediately with a small clear of his throat, Jongin pretends that he didn't just notice Kyungsoo embarrassing himself right in front of him. He does snicker though; he does.

“What do you mean by you don't want that?” Kyungsoo asks, stopping in front of a door.

Jongin shrugs, even though Kyungsoo couldn't see it. “I remember you telling me how you don't want the child. That you don't want anything to do with me and my pregnancy.” Jongin didn't exactly want to remind Kyungsoo the same thing again and again—it’s getting a little repetitive—however, this little part of him can't help but remind Kyungsoo again and again that despite him being pregnant with Kyungsoo's child, he'd refused to take responsibility of it like any other responsible adult.

“I still don't want,” Kyungsoo says, “I am going to forget about it, about everything the moment you give birth to… the baby.” There's a clench in Kyungsoo's jaw when he turns around to look at Jongin before he finally opens the door for them. “I don't want to repeat this again and again but honestly, I am doing everything because Dad asked me to. You mean nothing to me.”

“I hope you don't have to say otherwise, Kyungsoo,” he snaps back, placing his bag beside the door before standing akimbo. “Honestly, nine months are very long. Not to sound too full of myself, but I have heard people saying it's hard to not fall for me. I hope the best for you.”

Kyungsoo looks amused, challenged even. “Thanks for the warning, but I don't think if I need even one word of it.” He points to somewhere inside the place. “Let me show you your place—bedroom, I mean.” When Jongin opens his mouth to retort, Kyungsoo raises a finger in warning. “You speak too much. Shut up now.”

“I don't even know why you're so angry at me!” He wonders, almost whines in the end, throwing his hands in the air to show his pure frustration.

“You don't know?” Kyungsoo repeats, actually sounding surprised as if he hadn't been expecting Jongin to ask such. He stares at Jongin in silence and after what feels like forever, he stalks the younger to the end of the wall before caging him between his own body and the wall. “Your father is not your father, right? The same man who brought the whole topic to my father is not your father, right?”

“You're saying as if the man who demanded you stay with me isn't your father as well!”

Kyungsoo clenches his jaw. “It's all your fault!” He exclaims, stubborn as hell. As always, it's nothing new. However, it still takes Jongin by surprise to know that Kyungsoo isn't even trying to push his pride aside to understand the whole situation.

“How come it's only my fault?” He questions, angry and pissed off as well. “Don't tell me you think people get pregnant themselves, without any kind of help from anyone.” He pokes a finger to Kyungsoo's chest, for the first time glad about their height difference; honestly, even after being shorter than him, Kyungsoo looks intimidating, he doesn't even want to think how scary he would've looked if he were taller than him. “You were the one who did that, you're the older one between us. If anything, it's all your fault.”

“Oh,” Kyungsoo says, before pushing the younger's hand off his chest to snarl at him. “My fault?”

Jongin nods his head. “You were the one who asked me out, you were the one who brought me to the restaurant, and you were the one who started everything.”

“I wouldn't have done anything if you hadn't looked so freaking gorgeous in the party the previous evening!” Kyungsoo roars, positively not realizing what he just said, or rather confessed. “It's your fault if anything.”

“You thought I looked gorgeous?” He repeats, as if he grasped nothing else but that.

Kyungsoo stays speechless, seemingly now realizing what he just said. He coughs a little, reddens a little and pulls back from the younger completely. “Grab your things, let me show you the bedroom you're staying in.”

Jongin follows after the elder, face set in some kind of expression that he doesn't know. “You did all that just because you thought I looked gorgeous?” He questions, Kyungsoo remains silent and keeps walking only to stop in front of a door. “Do you sleep with everyone you consider gorgeous?”

“This is your bedroom—I know it doesn't look like one, exactly, but you can always go to shopping to buy the things you need.” He takes a deep breath (although it looks more like a relieved sigh) and nods his head. “That's it, I'll be in my bedroom, if you need something, knock first. Don't come barging in as if you own the place.”

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin calls, just before the elder turns to walk into the direction of his own bedroom. “I am not going to stop you if you want to sleep with someone—there’s nothing between us; we're together only for a few months, and I am not here to tell you or ask you what you should or should not do. Just,” he stops and fiddles with his fingers a little when Kyungsoo finally turns to look at him. “Just don't get someone else pregnant as well.”

Kyungsoo stays silent for some moments, as if he's actually contemplating some sort of reply in his head, however, in the end, he keeps mum and nods at Jongin. He doesn't say much after that, eyes speaking such volume that Jongin almost finds himself melting under the weight of it. It's clear Kyungsoo isn't going to take his words any serious; he may not get anyone pregnant but he will probably sleep with more than one person.

The thought surprisingly doesn't leave any kind of bitterness behind its wake, however, Jongin does feel like things would he a little unfair for him. For him carrying a baby of a man who basically gives no about him or the baby and sleeps around, and not doing anything other than worrying about his own career and the health, not just his own but the unborn's as well.

With the same annoyance and contempt swirling in the pit of his stomach, he carries his bag into the bedroom and locks the door behind him, just in case. The room is simple and, to his surprise, he likes it a little. He can tolerate this without improving or changing it much, to his taste that is. The only thing that it lacks is colours, although it doesn't surprise Jongin much. Kyungsoo looks and sounds monotone anyway. If he didn't keep this then Jongin would've been much more surprised.

Placing his bag on beside one of the two sofas’ in the room, he walks towards the bed and settles on it. There's a lot of things that he could do now, he, however, settles for sleeping everything off as if that would change the reality. In a sense, it will; the pillow, mattress, and the duvet will make sure to give him some much needed sleep.

-

-

Jongin wakes up somewhere after an hour, the heavy knocking on the bedroom door a big reason. He hears an annoyed “Jongin” just when he regains his senses back, and then another knock before Kyungsoo threatens to open the door if he didn't come out within seconds.

He scrambles up on the bed, mind still heavy with sleep, and only returns sleepy eyes and heavy pout to Kyungsoo when the CEO invites himself in. There's heavy silence; Kyungsoo's wide eyes confuse Jongin, more because he doesn't understand why the CEO is looking so… something that he isn't able to put a name on.

Kyungsoo clears his throat. “Your shirt,” he says, just that. However, it takes Jongin some long minutes to understand what the elder means; when the words settle in, he quickly scrambles to cover himself up. “Look,” Kyungsoo begins when it's finally decent enough in the bedroom. “I am not going to call you every time I cook; I will tell you about the time when the food is ready and all you have to do is silently wait in the kitchen. If you made any delay, I will not be responsible for it.”

“You'll finish everything?” He asks, as if that's the most concerning thing. In a sense it is; if Kyungsoo actually ate everything then he'll have to cook everything himself. Jongin loves cooking, but he hates waiting hours for food to be finally cooked.

“No, I will not.” The CEO reassures. “I will just leave food in the kitchen, you'll have to find and eat everything without my—”

“Then you can leave.” He waves his hand tiredly at the elder before diving under the duvet once again. “I'll eat whenever I wake up.”

“It's past ten, Jongin,” Kyungsoo says, “I don't think if you're usually this lazy, seeing you're an actor and you're supposed to—”

“Supposed to sleep,” Jongin finishes. “Thank you, but you can leave me alone now.”

The frown on Kyungsoo's face is evident in his words. “Don't you have, like, medicine to take? Vitamins and all. I don't know about these things, but I've heard people—pregnant people—usually take it. They're recommended, are you not going to take any, if you have any.”

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin says, peeking behind the duvet. “What part of 'I will eat sometime else, leave me alone’ you don't understand?”

Kyungsoo's face hardens, the set in eyebrows make him look way angrier than he actually is. “Look,” he begins once again, “I am just trying to act like a caring gentleman, it'll be better if you show even an ounce of respect for the amount of crap I am going through because of you.”

“You don't need to a act, just show me your little soft side, I'll be okay “ He teases. “...and, this baby's yours as well. So there's that. Now leave me!”

Kyungsoo purses his lips in a thin line before he, with a loud exclaim of “annoying brat”, steps out of the room. He closes the door behind him with a resounding bang, something which earns an amused snort from Jongin.

The thing about Jongin and sleep is how it's impossible to fall back into a slumber once he's rudely woken up. It's no secret that Jongin hates whoever doesn't let him sleep in peace; being an actor in demand, he rarely gets time to sleep peacefully. On the other hand, the word food is stuck in his head. He has been hungry for a really long time now, and Kyungsoo reminding him about food and not giving him anything to eat is the cruelest thing that anyone could do to him.

So with a sigh loud enough for the whole world to hear (pun intended), he crawls out of the bed, mind intent on giving Kyungsoo a piece of mind for waking him up when all he needed was to let him sleep in peace and for warning him about food, although it wasn't that serious.

He already has a string of words in his head, rude statements that he knows he shouldn't say or would regret saying later sit on the tip of his tongue, however, he forgets everything the moment he catches sight of Kyungsoo leaning heavily against the, what Jongin assumes, dining table, an eyebrow raised at him. He looks as self-confident and haughty as always.

He clears his throat and refuses to believe that his cheeks must be red by now.

“So?” Kyungsoo says, nodding towards the food on the table. “If you're done moping over not getting enough sleep, can we start?” He sounds amused, understanding even, as if he could understand what losing even a little sleep means. He probably does, being a CEO and all. “Quit pouting.”

Jongin shakes his head, as if to deny that he hasn't been pouting ever since he stepped out of his bed. Which he does almost every moment; he either looks like he's bored to death or is either pouting over basically nothing. “I-I wasn't.”

“Come on, eat now.” The man says instead, sitting on one of the chairs and pointing at some other one for Jongin to take. Jongin quickly scrambles to sit on it, mumbling a small “thank you” to Kyungsoo when the elder serves him. He doesn't understand if Kyungsoo is actually this kind-hearted or is acting just to make sure Jongin is on his side, which does nothing but makes Jongin more suspicious of the elder's unspoken intentions. He adjusts his clothes, just in case.

Kyungsoo doesn't speak anything into ten minutes of them silently wolfing down (in Jongin's case) their food. Kyungsoo eats in an elegant manner; disciplined, sure and confident. Like a human dipped in poise. Jongin eats like a starved kid, although he will blame the deliciousness of the food for making him act like this.

“The food's great,” he says with a mouthful of rice. “Thanks, hyung.”

Kyungsoo quirks an eyebrow, as if amused about something. “Thank you.”

“Do you always cook yourself?” He waves his chopsticks a little, Kyungsoo's eyes follow the moment. Jongin thinks the older is annoyed at him for waving the chopsticks like a little kid.

“No, I don't,” the man answers. “I cooked today so that you know what level of food I cook and like. You're going to cook from tomorrow.”

It takes Jongin a good amount of second to understand. “Are you kidding me?”

“Do I look like?”

“I don't know how to cook!” He exclaims, face red with shame after the admission. “I mean, I can survive on noodles and all, but I basically don't know anything else.”

“What else can you cook, Jongin?”

“I told you I don't know how to cook.”

Jongin,” Kyungsoo says, tone dripping warning. “I asked what else do you know?”

Jongin huffs and places his chopsticks back on the table. “Maggie,” he begins finally, Kyungsoo doesn't look like he's amused with what he has begun the list. “Coffee, tea, rice—but I am not sure; sometimes I burn it, sometimes it's still raw, very rarely it's okay and eatable—and…” he stops for a few long seconds. He raises a hand when Kyungsoo opens his mouth to, most probably, humiliate him. “Soup, Kimchi. Yeah.”

“You don't know how to make Kimchi, stop lying.”

“How do you know?” He questions, because he doesn't understand that his question simply implies that he, in fact, doesn't know how to cook the mentioned food.

“You avoid looking into my eyes whenever you lie. It's not the first time that I have noticed it, I have been noticing this ever since you stepped inside the company.” Kyungsoo notices him. Wow. “Anyway, you should learn to cook more things; I cannot spend my time cooking for two. I rarely get time off from work, it'll be difficult for me to cook for two.”

“...but I am pregnant.”

“You're in your first month, you can cook if not do other heavy works.” Kyungsoo deadpans. The CEO ignores Jongin's puerile whining of how he could have a cook as well, before nodding at Jongin's food again. “Eat now, we'll think about it some other time.”

With surprising amount of temerity, he complains about how Kyungsoo wouldn't care even if he were in his ninth month of pregnancy. Although he had been anticipating the silence in return, it still surprises and disappoints him when Kyungsoo stays silent throughout the minutes of eating dinner together. He behaves as if he actually wouldn't care even if he were that heavily pregnant.

It saddens Jongin, and he wonders to himself if Kyungsoo really is this heartless as he shows himself as.

-

-

Kyungsoo is quite shirty; Jongin is sure of that. In fact, he could bet on the given statement. He had no reason to snap at him and demand him leave him alone in the kitchen when all he wanted was to help Kyungsoo a little with the dishes. He doesn't even know why the man got angry in the first place; all he knows, and remembers, is how Kyungsoo had looked at him with these deep, dark set eyes and snapped at him right away, as if he couldn't do anything better than degrading Jongin.

If he's going to be like that for the rest of the months, he should either let him live on his own or try to change his own behavior towards Jongin. Jongin isn't some poor boy who doesn't know how things work or someone who couldn't have someone to help him with his unplanned pregnancy. Kyungsoo should know that, at the very least.

Although he wants to say all that to Kyungsoo, he doesn't. He knows why. Kyungsoo wouldn't like his whining at all, they're nothing that would allow Jongin to complain and whine at him, whether he's okay with what's happening or not. Kyungsoo wouldn't even care.

Jongin doesn't even know why he liked the man in the first place. Sure Kyungsoo is handsome, sure he's passionate, sure and confident of everything he does and everything he is… but really, now that Jongin thinks about it, how could Jongin even believe that Kyungsoo's physical appearance would give away his real self. He feels stupid in his own skin, and Jungkook doesn't take long to confirm his words, saying how he has stopped using his brain for a while (for years already, is exactly what he means).

Apart from the little exchange of a few words between them, the day remains fairly lackluster. With no schedule to follow for the day (although it's already past eleven in the night and the next day will start soon) he lies cooped inside the bedroom given to him; small, vulnerable, and very much confused about his present and future. It was fun until now; with as optimistic mind as his, he thought that there wouldn't be much problem, but now that Kyungsoo has remained fairly stringent about not caring about him, he worries for everything. For his future especially.

When the leading thoughts and worries don't allow him any sleep, he starts wandering around the room. He knows this will lead to nowhere because usually in situations like this, his brain refuses to cooperate with his surrounding, and also the situation. Running a hand through his hair, he ruffles the mess of healthy black before sighing out loud.

Something happens the next second; maybe it's because he's pregnant and in his first month of pregnancy, or maybe because he has paid little to no mind that he shouldn't take so much stress now that he has someone else inside him. He doesn't know what the reason is yet, before he knows he's already running out of the bedroom and into the bathroom on the corner of the hallway where Kyungsoo had showed him around a while ago. He doesn't forget to slap his hands as hard as possible over his mouth when he crashes straight into Kyungsoo, who only holds him tight with small groan before letting him go when he demands the elder to let him go.

When he isn't able to hold it in, he vomits all over the bathroom floor. Jongin barely registers the fear that crawls up his skin when he hears Kyungsoo coming to a halt behind him, mind at a loss of words about how he would explain Kyungsoo what he has done. He expects to see Kyungsoo cringing, and most probably leaving him on his own, at the abhorrent display of carelessness (or rather unhygienic display of his carelessness), however, he hadn't been expecting Kyungsoo to gently guide him towards the other end of the bathroom, after making sure that he isn't going to vomit all over again.

Such gentleness and care bring tears to his eyes, and before he knows he's already bursting into a fit of embarrassed tears. Kyungsoo is wiping everything away on the other end and looks up when Jongin hiccups loudly, the elder had asked him to gurgle as well, and he does so after Kyungsoo reminds him of it.

“I am so sorry,” he says a few minutes into crying and silence between them, hiccuping between words. “I didn't know—if I had known, I wouldn't have done this. I would've been more careful.”

“It wasn't—it isn't your mistake, Jongin. Stop blaming yourself for something that you have no power over.”

“...but,” he begins, “this is disgusting. You should leave me alone, I promise I will clean everything.”

By now, minutes into the silence, Kyungsoo is done with the cleaning and washing the floor. He snorts and walks to Jongin, helping him clean his face and out of his shirt. “Is there something like you shouldn't eat rice and—”

“No, there isn't,” Jongin says, not realizing that he has rudely cut Kyungsoo mid sentence. “I don't know why I did, it just came out of nowhere.”

“It's okay, it's okay. Don't cry, don't freak out.” He reassures him once again and wipes something from the corner of Jongin's mouth before washing his own hands and helping Jongin do the same. “Let's go, let's bring you to your bed.”

“Thank you so much,” he says when he slips under the duvet. “Thanks you, hyung.”

Kyungsoo smiles, a teasing lift of his lips. “At least you sound genuine.”

“What do you mean by that?” He asks, sitting on the bed with a slight wince. “I have always been genuine.”

“Are you sure?” The elder asks. “I mean whenever you try to sass me, you don't sound genuine at all. It's like, you're just trying to appear confident.”

Was his just insulted? “No, I don't.” He shakes his head. “I have always been confident of myself.”

Kyungsoo shrugs, a noncommittal shrug of one shoulder. “Pass me the extra pillow.” Jongin asks him why he wants an extra pillow when he probably has in his own bedroom. Kyungsoo repeats himself, firmly. Jongin passes him one and says how he needs one below his head and the other one between his legs. It's his habit, something that he caught in his early years and couldn't leave in his teenage years and has carried all these years. “I will sleep here,” the man announces, just before dropping himself on the couch on the other side of the bed, near the open window.

“Why?”

“For you.”

For you. Jongin is never going to forget this reply. “For me,” he repeats, pointing at himself when Kyungsoo looks at him. Kyungsoo replies with a small hum before shifting a little, probably to get a better position. “...but why—that would be uncomfortable.” Not to mention how Kyungsoo probably never slept on a small couch in his entire (almost) twenty-five years of life.

When Jongin repeats his words, Kyungsoo raises a hand and asks him to keep his mouth shut. Jongin does so with a small, annoyed huff. Kyungsoo, however, doesn’t seem to notice it and simply shifts on the couch, again, before closing his eyes to fall back into a deep slumber. Intrigued, Jongin watches him in silence; all signs of annoyance and worry disappear from his face at the moment, taken over by some emotion that he doesn’t notice himself. Kyungsoo has somehow adjusted himself on the couch, looking way different than he does when he’s awake; face serene and lips slightly parted, he looks kind and welcoming. Huggable even.

He places his cheek on his palm, feeling stupid at staring at someone sleeping like a complete weirdo, he pays little to no mind to the fact that he’s nearly chewing the skin of his index finger, with a stupid smile.

“Honestly,” he mutters to himself, eyes fixed on the white shirt wrapped snugly around Kyungsoo’s upper frame; his sturdy chest actually, and the gentle rise and fall of his chest. “What is wrong with you?” Of course, Kyungsoo doesn’t answer. It’s only a few minutes later that he gives up and falls back on the bed with a small yawn.

One thing is sure, he’s taking his previous words back once again. Kyungsoo is likable, just kind of assholish by nature. Default at birth kind of case.

This time, he stifles his giggles into his pillow.

-

-

Morning comes with the sound of the blaring ringtone of his phone. With blearily eyes, he searches for his phone, quickly retrieving and picking up the call when Kyungsoo groans from the couch. It's only when he repeats 'hello’ for the third time that he realizes it was just his alarm and not any call. He moans in agony before pushing his phone aside to fall back into a sweet slumber.

It's only a few minutes later that he realizes there's basically no way he could fall asleep now that he has been woken up. Curses brewing up his throat, he refuses to listen to the nagging voice in his head which demands he call Jungkook and ask for today's schedule as well. The younger will call himself if there's anything important. Although there's high chance that he will soon get a call from his manager.

Hearing some shifting from the other side of the bed, he looks up and finds Kyungsoo still asleep, soundly. The alarm hasn't awaken him. When he slaps his hand on the bedside table in a hurry to place his phone back in its place, he realizes how cold it is. That and how Kyungsoo doesn't have anything to cover himself up. Something like worry and guilt fill up his lungs when he breathes the next time, and before he knows he's already crawling out of the bed to walk towards the sleeping CEO.

Bringing the extra comforter he'd noticed on the other side of the bed last night, he makes sure to make minimal noise which is anything but easy seeing how he's swaying in sleep even now. He feels like a zombie; a zombie with a mission to cover up the man who doesn't really care about him. Or does, but doesn't show. Kyungsoo shifts some more when Jongin finally reaches him, Jongin, however, doesn't seem to notice it. With trembling fingers, he places the comforter over Kyungsoo, placing it under Kyungsoo's chin just when the CEO opens his eyes.

It's awkward.

So ing awkward that Jongin might die of the heat that travels up his cheeks and refuses to listen to his demand to let go and not show his embarrassment more. It doesn’t work, though.

Kyungsoo frowns, a heavy downward tilt of his lips and then he sits up straight on the couch. “What were you doing?” The man asks, ruffling his bed hair to have it in whatever way he wants. He doesn’t stop scowling at Jongin, something which annoys Jongin to no end.

He just wanted to help the man! He exclaims in his head, but whispers his explanation when Kyungsoo repeats his question. “I thought you might die of hypothermia.” A weird thing to say, since Kyungsoo wasn’t really sleeping between snow. “If anything, you should thank me for being so considerate even though you’re anything but kind to me.”

“I thought what happened last night was enough to show how kind I can be,” Kyungsoo mutters, a twist on his face. “I don’t often clean people’s vomit, just so you know.”

“So what?” He asks bravely, “should I feel special or prestigious of some sort?”

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow before he gets up from the couch and nearly hovers over Jongin, must be because of the way Jongin is standing. “You’re blushing,” the man says instead, “stop coming out confident.” With that being advised, he walks past Jongin as if he has said and done nothing to flare up Jongin’s embarrassment. Jongin groans and slaps his hands over his cheeks, he blushes too easily in Kyungsoo’s presence, and it’s doing nothing to prove how brave he can be while giving birth to a kid that no one really had in their mind.

-

-

“Honestly,” Kyungsoo says when it’s clear that he doesn’t like how Jongin is playing with his chopsticks. “You’re not a little kid,” he says, “stop doing that.” Jongin refuses to listen and after taking a bite, he brings the chopsticks in the air to play with them again. “Jongin, I am serious.”

“I don’t understand why something that I do bothers you so much,” Jongin wonders aloud before placing his chopsticks back on the small plate next to his bowl. “I mean, as much as I remember, you’ve always liked to meddle in my life—whether professional or personal, that doesn’t matter.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He doesn’t look at Jongin, for obvious reason.

“Oh,” Jongin says, a lit to his tone. He shrugs before playing with his chopsticks again. “Honestly, it’s a little boring living with you. I have literally done nothing since last day, and I am already dying of boredom.” Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything in response. “Kyungsoo hyung, why don’t you smile often? You look handsome.”

Kyungsoo looks up, as if he hadn’t been expecting Jongin to say that of all things. Of course, he hadn’t been. The compliment thrown at him was random, so random that it takes Kyungsoo good two minutes to grasp onto the words. “Thanks,” he mutters absentmindedly, then realizes that that wasn’t really the answer that Jongin wanted. “I believe I don’t need to explain you anything. I smile always, or whenever I feel like at least.”

“You don’t.” Jongin denies with a shake of his head, he pokes his bottom lip with the chopsticks, eyes twinkling in excitement as if he couldn’t be happier. “I bet you don’t.”

Kyungsoo frowns, looking all sort of angry and pissed off for basically no reason. “I think you don’t spend every single moment of your life with me, cooped in my office and following me all around.”

“I don’t think I need to spend my whole day with you to understand you, trust me,” he says, “in fact, you’re easy to read.” Kyungsoo shifts a little, as if trying to be as nonchalant as possible. “I just think you should smile more often, that’s it. Basically nothing else, it will harm no one.”

“Thanks for the advice,” the man mutters some moments later. “I don’t think if I need any of your advice though.”

Jongin notices the nervous twitch of Kyungsoo’s lips, the barely there lift of lips which isn’t a smirk. He sighs, pretending to not notice the subtle tries of the CEO acting as if he has never smiled in his entire life. He also pretends to not notice the slight trembling in his fingers and the sudden rush of warmth that refuses to leave him alone even after he’s back inside the bedroom, hidden between the four walls. Far from Kyungsoo’s sight.