003

the daddy of the baby (shifted to ao3)

 

i apologize if this chapter came out late. but since we all are here, let me tell ya all why. there are a lot of reasons, but characters development is one of the important one. yup.

i have started paying attention to characters development between the characters and then jumping into the story between any two protagonists. we already have good enough knowledge about Jongin and Jungkook's friendship, but kaisoo relationship might take some time to bloom. yes, there may be a little slow burn here. so please don't be impatient because we will get to kaisoo being kissy af and in love sooner than later. character development is not as easy as it sounds, mind you.

and okay, wow.


 

One thing that Jongin has found about living alone in a city is how lonely it can get, usually when one needs someone familiar by one’s side. The thought about his family doesn't leave him for straight six to seven hours and even without giving it any name, he knows he's feeling homesick.

Why is he feeling homesick? That doesn't need to be explained in his case. He's just feeling homesick, and is in a constant need of attention from his mother or even father, his older sister or her husband. Anyone who he knows like the back of his hand would do.

He just needs someone by his side. From his family, from his home, preferably someone from his dearest family.

Jungkook is busy in his studies (being student to one of the most prestigious open universities does that to you), and if Jongin had the heart to distract from it, he would have done that a long time ago already. Jungkook had chosen to study from an open University just because of him; although Jongin knows studying from any university doesn't matter as long as one actually studies, yet he can't help the guilt that brews up his throat everytime he notices kids of Jungkook's age having the time of their lives during university years. Even though if he were living a normal life, he would be one of them as well, his own thought doesn’t concern him as much as Jungkook’s does.

The thing is: Jungkook never complains. He stays by his side as if he was meant to do only that for his whole life; as if living and staying beside his hyung is all he desires in his life. Jongin thinks he's stupid, Jungkook just flips him off with one of his many handsome smiles (and that cute eye smile that Jongin simply adores a lot).

When he'd told his parents about his dreams, they had stood beside him with a smile. Promised him that no matter what happens, they will always be there for him. You just need to be happy on whatever you're doing, we're here. Don't worry they would say. Jongin believed them, he still believes them. Hiding something as big as his pregnancy from them doesn't sit well with him, but he knows he couldn't exactly tell them about his pregnancy now that even he hasn't figured out anything himself.

So he clutches his phone tighter by his ear and listens to his mother complaining about her eldest child. He hopes she doesn't notice the melancholic tone of his, not even the threatening wave of tears that doesn't allow him to speak any more than a few words.

“You know she always listens to you, don't you, Nini? Why don't you teach her something?”

There comes a loud squawk from the other side, it's undeniably his older sister. He laughs a little before shaking his head. “No one can be like me, mum.”

His mother sighs. “True, dearheart. I have stopped looking for you in every child ever since I realized you're one and the only. My rare gem, have you been taking care of yourself well? How's Jungkook? Is he taking care of himself well—are you taking care of him well? How's his studying going? Did he find someone? Did you find someone? Are you overworking yourself?”

Ah. Mothers. Jongin can't help the sad smile on his face, he wishes he could see her. “I am taking care of him well—” he squeals when Jungkook comes out of nowhere to grab the phone in his hands.

“Hello, aunty,” the younger begins, a disappointed lit to his tone. “Jongin hyung doesn't love me anymore!”

Jongin rolls his eyes. Dramatic little .

“What—of course, I have been taking care of him really well. In fact, it’s like one sided caring, I care for him, and he doesn’t even pass me one look. Can you even imagine how lonely it feels.” He hums something, stepping back from Jongin when he tries to grab his phone again. “No, no, but really aunty. Hyung is really careless.” Jongin stiffens and places his hands back in his lap, hoping Jungkook wouldn’t mention anything about his pregnancy. “Ah, nothing that big—but you need to tell hyung how he should always be careful of everything. The world is not as good as it seems, no? I know right, I know I sound more responsible, even though he’s older than me.”

Jungkook listens to something that Mrs. Kim speaks from the other end, before returning it back to Jongin with a small shrug.

“Um, hey, mom?”

“Care for him as well, Nini. I know you do—he’s most precious to you, I know that.” Then in a very gentle tone, “are you hiding something from me, dear heart?”

“I am not hiding anything, mum.” Lying to his mother feels like the greatest sin he has committed in his twenty one years of age. “You know if there's something, I will tell you no matter what.”

“I know,” she answers a few minutes later into the suffocating and, somehow, a knowing silence. “That's why you're dearest to me.” She complains about his sister some before jumping into the topic of Jongin's babies who want nothing more than their parent's attention. “Your dearest poodles are a headache for me.”

“Mom,” he whines, hoping to show her his face. “Don't say it like that—it sounds as if you actually hate them. They are the cutest!”

His mother laughs a little. “Kidding, but no really, they are waiting for you, Jonginnie. Show them your face someday?”

“I will soon,” he promises.

“Say Nini, if there's something that's bothering you then don't hesitate to tell me. I stood beside you all these years, and I am going to stand beside you no matter what happens. Don't be afraid of anything as long as you have us.”

-

-

“Hey! Hyung,” Jungkook calls, following after him. Jongin makes no answer, mind intent on finishing fiftieth lap today. “Hyung, what are you doing?”

“You know you already ran a lot,” he continues next, knowing that he has the elder’s full attention on him now. “Hyung, why?”

“Jungkook, you know what I am doing.” He huffs, passing a side glance to the younger. “Stop asking stupid questions.”

“Hyung, I don’t know much but you do know right, you have to be cautious of everything now that you’re pregnant.” Jongin comes to a complete stop. Jungkook stands beside him, looking sympathetic but understanding nonetheless. “I don’t want to say this, but you have to take care of everything. You cannot exercise a lot, you cannot do anything that could or would harm the baby.”

He sighs and runs a hand through his sweaty locks. “When is the appointment?” He asks even though he has clear knowledge of it.

“The day after,” the younger answers, gently pushing Jongin towards the bench a few feets away from them. “I have heard pregnant people should avoid doing heavy works for the first few months at least, even after that because your bump, you know, will be this big.” He hovers his hand over Jongin’s stomach, giggling in amusement when Jongin slaps his hand away. “I am just stating the fact!” He squawks, rubbing on his bicep where Jongin pinched him.

“Whatever,” he replies, rolling his eyes when the boy doesn’t bother shutting up. “Let me take a breath. I want to forget about it for the time being.”

Jungkook presses his lips in a thin line. “You’re not thinking about abortion, are you?”

“No, of course not.” He shakes his head. “I am just—look, I am not going to say that I have completely accepted this as well.” Being completely honest with each other is a rule of thumb for them. “I am not going to say that I haven’t either,” he adds when Jungkook stays silent. “I am just confused, honestly, this is my time. I am—I don’t want to come out arrogant, but—basically everywhere you see. People are talking about me; my fans spend thousands of dollars on me. It all just feels like…” he stops, biting his lower lip and releasing it when he feels he would break the plush skin there. “It just feels like cheating on them, on everyone. Even with myself, I think I am cheating with myself.”

He turns completely to face the younger, begging with a small whimper to him to look at him as well. “You know well how much I have worked hard for this, for everything. Jungkook, I spent my days and nights crying and moping and fighting for every chance that anyone could offer me. Now that I am finally where I have always wanted to be, I had to get pregnant.”

“Oh, hyung,” Jungkook sighs and brushes aside the stubborn fringes over Jongin’s eyes. “What’s done is done, you have to accept it whether you like it or not.” He pokes Jongin on one of his slightly chubby cheeks, smiling reassuringly at the elder; he speaks in a kind voice. “It’s not like everything would end here. It’s just about some time, you can always come back.”

“You seem to forget that celebrities often lose their charm once they give birth to their babies.” It’s true, in some sense, Jongin hasn’t heard of many celebrities who reached the same peak of their careers as they were at before their pregnancy. People often lose interest in such celebrities, knowing that they have no chance with them (as if there was some to begin with). There are only a few; even they disappeared like puff of smoke, right in front of them. It’s as scary as truth it is, Jongin can’t say that he doesn’t have something similar written for him as well. Who knows if people would accept him after knowing about his pregnancy.

Plus, men don’t get pregnant, often at least. Male pregnancy is as rare as hen’s teeth. Jongin doesn’t know how people would react once he comes out with the truth and the inevitable baby bump in a few months only.

“Tomorrow is the award show,” Jungkook reminds instead. “You have nominations; show that you’re excited to give a small speech there.”

“I am not always going to win, Jungkook.”

Jungkook snorts. “The chances are low, dear.” He points out, indicating to the various moments where he has won awards for almost all of his nominations. “You are the best.”

“Stop squishing my cheeks, dammit!” He whines, slapping the hands of the younger away from his cheeks.

“You’re really cute, hyung—” Jungkook stops, looking up to find Minho standing right in front of them, confident yet unsure about something. “Oh, hey, hyung?” How come they didn’t notice Minho crossing such big field and reaching them?

“Is there something that we should know?” Jongin prompts, looking around the field to catch sight of Kyungsoo. He finds him nowhere, no other soul than them. Thinking that it was someone else, he looks back into Minho’s eyes and repeats his question.

“Mr Do wants to see you, Jongin.”

“Why?” Jongin asks, and flushes under the weight of their gazes (and also because of the mere reminder that Kyungsoo has demanded his presence). “He told us he would meet us this evening, right?” Jungkook hums in approbation, looking as confused as his hyung.

“He just wants some minutes with you—I don’t know the exact reason—he’s busy now as well. Since he has asked for your presence in his office, would you mind following me already?”

Honestly, Jongin thinks to himself, why he’s always on edge? He remains reluctant in following after the elder; the knowledge that he would be alone with Kyungsoo does nothing to sooth his aching nerves, but then Jungkook is pushing him, whispering to not talk about his pregnancy now, since Kyungsoo isn’t free today as well.

“Did he say something? Do you think I did something that angered him in some way?” He questions, hoping that his legs were as long as Minho’s; the man walks hurriedly, Jongin is barely able to catch up on him.

“Don’t worry, Jongin.” Minho smiles. “You did nothing—or at least, I hope you didn’t.”

The answer does nothing to settle Jongin. The walk to the CEO’s office is spent in silence; although Jongin does initiate a few conversations, all in which Minho politely makes sure to let him know that he wants nothing but silence. He huffs, rolls his eyes and makes sure he looks presentable enough, although he’s very much sure that sweat is clinging to his body like second skin. The thought about his pregnancy, and Kyungsoo being the other father, crosses his mind all of a sudden, which results in nothing but him stopping in the hallway. Minho stops to look at him for briefest of a second; a knowing look appears on his face when he notices Jongin clutching his stomach with both hands before he asks Jongin if he’s alright.

Jongin replies that he is, and follows the other man again. Before he knows, they’re already standing right in front of Kyungsoo’s office door; Minho politely gestures him to go inside without knocking. Jongin does, and passes a dramatic timid smile to whoever is sitting above.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo greets, warm in his tone. “How have you been doing?”

“Fine,” he replies, shaking his head when Kyungsoo asks him to sit on one of the two sofa chairs kept in the room. “How have you been doing, Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo raises an amused brow for some reason that he doesn’t explain Jongin, for some moments. “I am fine, thank you.” He places the file back on the table and leans against the table, crossed arms over the table and all. “I am hyung to you.”

Jongin almost corrects himself (almost apologizes as well), but then he remembers Kyungsoo is the daddy of his baby. He presses his lips in a thin line and makes sure to look straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Kyungsoo, that’s good to hear.”

“Well,” Kyungsoo begins and his lips. Jongin looks away, Kyungsoo, however, notices. “I realized you’re really close to Jungkook.”

“I am,” he confirms, tapping his foot in nervousness.

“How close?” Kyungsoo prompts, almost in a taunting tone. “What is he to you?”

“Why does that concern you?” He asks, looking back at him. Kyungsoo runs a thumb over his bottom lip just seconds later. This . “I am--he’s like younger brother to me.”

“Brothers are not foolish enough to come questionably close.” What is he even talking about? “Are you sure there’s only platonic feeling between you two?”

“Kyungsoo,” he begins, tone sharp. “He’s my younger brother; I don’t know what the hell you are talking about.” Kyungsoo seems smug about something, his eyes, though, are as dark as the abyss. “Stop looking at me like that!” He snaps, throwing his hands in the air when Kyungsoo stays silent for the next few minutes. “You cannot question my relationship with Jungkook like this. You don’t know anything about us, so don’t ing play with me.”

“I am playing with you?” He all but growls, lines of irritation visible on his handsome face.

“You are!” He points an accusing finger at Kyungsoo, willing himself to not step back when Kyungsoo gets up from the chair and stalks toward him. “Your mind is dirty, your thoughts are dirty. You are dirty.”

Despite being taller in height than the older man, he feels intimidated nonetheless. The man's big, dark eyes look nothing short of demanding, controlling and haughty; demanding him to curl into a ball next to Kyungsoo's feet. Controlling with years of facade that he has put on himself, and the haughtiness? Result of his success in the entertainment business, an obsession to be praised and respected for everything that he has achieved in a few years only at such young age. Twenty four, Jongin reminds himself.

Jongin feels scared in the presence of the man, an overwhelming urge to cover himself up, but there's something about Kyungsoo that relaxes him a little as well. This small stupid part which demands him to submit and find out the truth this man is hiding behind this douche face of his. Fake, fake self of his.

He's definitely more than the monster he shows himself as. Maybe he's nothing but a human who wants nothing more than kindness, gentleness and bout of genuine attention from someone. Someone that he would end up giving his everything, sacrifice whatever he has earned throughout the years.

Still, Jongin tries to not think of anything, cowering more and more under Kyungsoo's deep gaze.

“I am dirty?” Kyungsoo repeats and he has the audacity to smirk at the younger's face, a tell a tale sign of remembrance crosses his face. Jongin knows he's thinking back to the night they spent together. “You demanding, little thing,” he says, voice an octave lower than before, almost like that night. “Do I need to remind you everything?” Kyungsoo slams his hand beside Jongin's head on the wall, releasing a sneer past his plush lips. “You begging underneath me, wanting, aching for nothing more than my…”

...and just like that, he forgets that Kyungsoo is a human as well.

“Everyone is like you—you all either want my or my money. What do want now, Jongin? You already got my , do you want my money as well?”

“You really think everyone's like you, Kyungsoo?” He snaps minutes later, making sure to pass dead look to the man despite feeling like he could crumble down the floor like a sack of bones. Kyungsoo perfectly remains silent, looking straight into his eyes as if searching for something that he has been yearning for. Jongin wills himself to not feel any special, at least not in this man’s presence. “Not everyone's like you—I earn on my own. I don't need your money to live on, you and I both know that.”

He hasn’t known Kyungsoo could be this rude to him of all people; heck, he had expected anything, but not Kyungsoo taking leverage of the night they spent together. Kyungsoo ing him into his mattress and him begging for Kyungsoo to take him doesn’t mean Kyungsoo has upper hand over everything that concerns him, them. Jongin has some pride, some self-respect, that matters to him more than any .

He pushes the man away, and makes sure to pass a withering look to him, before hissing straight on the man’s face. “You were the one who asked me out, you were the one who wanted to me. You are the one who goes around ing people. You are dirty, Kyungsoo. Not me, I can never be.” He pauses for a brief second, realizing that he has been crying all along. “Spending the night with you was a mistake. I don’t hate you for what happened between us that night, I hate myself for allowing myself to let you touch me.”

He presses his lips in a thin line and waits for some moments for Kyungsoo to speak something. Kyungsoo, however, doesn’t reply anything; he stands there in pensive silence, staring at Jongin as if... as if he were something that comes out nothing but indecipherable to him. Understanding the silence between them, he wipes his tears and silently walks out of the office, and makes sure to close the door behind him with a resounding bang.

-

-

“I wonder if Kyungsoo would even come.”

Jungkook stops pacing around the room before walking towards him, eyes wide and questioning. “Why, did something happen?”

Jongin shrugs and tries not to think about the conversation with Kyungsoo. “No, there’s nothing.”

“I mean he messaged me earlier that he would come to meet us with Minho hyung some time later, so why would he not?” He shows the messages to Jongin, watching as different emotions play on his face. “Hyung, is everything alright? Did he say something to you?”

He shakes his head and fiddles with his fingers. “What will he answer?” He asks instead.

Jungkook shrugs, busy in some game that he opens just seconds later. He seems cool about the whole prospect of meeting and telling Kyungsoo about the truth, Jongin isn't, so he feels nothing short of annoyed at the younger.

“What if he didn't accept this child?”

“The world does not end there,” the younger wisely replies. “You have me, your family, my family, your friends, your fans. You don't need to be afraid about being left alone. It's not like you cannot look after the baby and raise them alone.” He pats Jongin with his free hand, reassuring him with the small sincere touch. “You are freaking rich! So there’s that as well.”

“You're very kind to me, Kookie.” He smiles, feeling greatly relieved for the first time in long stressful hours after meeting a certain Do.

“I love you, that's why.” He smiles to himself before turning fully to his older friend, placing his phone aside when Jongin asks him to. “Hyung, I am being serious right now. Look, Kyungsoo hyung is on an important position, he has been looking after such big company even before we stepped inside it, of course, this news will shock him. I won't be surprised if he didn't accept your pregnancy.”

Jongin visibly deflates.

“At the same time, maybe he will. There's a fifty-fifty chance about him accepting or not accepting this. Besides, it's not like we're lying or something; the kid's yours as much as it's his. Kyungsoo hyung needs to take responsibility of this. everything else. If you can come to terms and accept your pregnancy, then why can't he?”

“It's not like it's the story of a poor village boy and a young, rich CEO. You both are in public eye, both of you're going to have the brunt of it—if Kyungsoo hyung said something like you running after his money, I swear to God, I will announce the news of your pregnancy in the media, and then accuse him for not taking the responsibility of everything.” He grins. Sleazy. “No one will live this down.”

Jongin laughs a little. “Oh my God,” he snorts, ruffling the younger's hair affectionately. “You really care about me, don't you?”

Jungkook takes the elder's hand in his own, presses it to his cheek because his hyung's hand is really soft, softer than his at least. “If you were not my hyung, I wouldn't even have asked Kyungsoo hyung accepting the child or not, I would've stood up like a man for you.”

“You're standing up like a man for me, Jungkook.” Jongin smiles through tears, wondering how he got this lucky to have someone like Jungkook in his life. “Even though you're still a baby.”

Jungkook cackles a little. “You're a baby as well,” he says, mirth in his tone, “a baby is going to look after another baby.” Jongin rolls his eyes, willing the smile away, he tries to bring his hand back from the younger's grasp. Jungkook doesn't allow him; he catches the other one in his other hand as well.

“You're going to be so much weaker in these months, hyung,” he points out the obvious. “Don't worry, Kyungsoo hyung will protect you. If he didn't, then I will.” His grin is wide, as if he finds and anticipates nothing more than that during Jongin's pregnancy.

Jongin, dramatically scandalized, shows him angry eyes, although Jungkook thinks he looks like a pleading puppy more than anything else.

The bell of Jongin's penthouse rings just then; first, the friends stay still on their respective seats before Jungkook gets up and walks towards the door, opening it to catch sight of Kyungsoo dressed heavily in one of his many expensive clothes.

Seriously, does this man give himself a break?

“Hello, hyung. Minho hyung.” He greets, smile wide and warm.

“Hello, Jungkook,” Kyungsoo greets, sounding very gentle. “We talked on the phone, right? May we come inside?”

“Sure, why not.” He steps aside and stretches a hand towards the hallway. “Jonginnie hyung is in the living room as well. I will bring some water or coffee. Whatever you like.”

“Coffee would be fine. Thank you.” Kyungsoo walks further inside the penthouse, Minho in tow, and is greeted with the sight of Jongin sprawled over half of the couch, looking heavily busy in whatever drama he's watching. He clears his throat, Jongin jumps at the sound before squeaking and blushing in embarrassment.

“Hello, Jongin, I hope you're doing well.”

“Where is Jungkook?” Jongin asks instead, eyes anxiously ping ponging from Kyungsoo to the man's manager. When Kyungsoo catches his gaze and passes him a knowing look, he looks away and makes sure to not let out how nervous he is at this moment.

“I am doing fine as well,” Kyungsoo hums, settling on the couch before asking his manager to do the same. “Coffee, he's making coffee for us.”

“Oh,” Jongin says, eyeing the gift in Kyungsoo's hands. Is that for him? Why would Kyungsoo bring a gift for him? Does he already know about his pregnancy? Is he here to apologize? Step back perhaps?—

“Coffee is here,” the youngest announces with a wide smile, sending Jongin a wink when he asks how did he make coffee so fast. Kyungsoo and Minho don't seem to pay attention to such though. “The coffee is of this morning, I just heated it.” Jungkook whispers into his ear, clearing his throat when Kyungsoo raises a brow at the closeness between them.

Oh my God. Jungkook is such an evil. Jongin can barely hold back the laughter.

“This is for Jongin,” Kyungsoo says, stretching an arm to pass Jongin the gift he had been holding. “I saw it in a shop, and was immediately reminded of him.”

“Thanks,” Jongin mutters, voice turning shy when their fingertips brush. Kyungsoo seems to enjoy the reaction, Jungkook feels pissed off at his hyung for being this obvious. Jongin seems to forget about the whole argument between them.

“I took an off for the rest of the day,” Kyungsoo begins, leaning against the sofa before crossing his legs. Minho shifts a little on his own seat, his big hands clutching a few files and a tablet in them. “Dad advised for it actually, thought a break would be the best option to relax from so much stress.”

“Oh,” Jungkook answers, awkward in his tone. “That's cool. Jonginnie hyung had a shooting as well, we came back from there some time ago, about an hour or so. He has a photoshoot in the night as well—you know the busy schedule of a successful actor, don't you hyung?”

Jongin presses his lips in a thin line, hoping Jungkook would stop stating such details. Maybe yes, his life as a successful actor is busy, but Kyungsoo is ruling almost half of entertainment market of Korea, he's busier.

Kyungsoo hums something in reply before returning his gaze to Jongin, his eyes turn softer tremoundusly, although they look guarded for some reason. Sometimes Jongin wonders if Kyungsoo actually has some kind of affection for him. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Jongin could die thinking about such. “I heard about your schedule, Jongin, but despite that, the work you're doing is remarkably—”

“Your coffee,” Jungkook points out, “is getting cold, hyung. Minho hyung, yours as well.” He points to the gift held delicately in Jongin's hand, smiling a harmless smile. “Thank you for that, Jongin hyung is delighted to receive a gift from you.”

Why is Jungkook playing with words? Why isn't he allowing him to speak anything?

“So,” Kyungsoo begins a few minutes later, when the silence around them turns painfully awkward.

“So?” Jungkook prompts, not giving Jongin any chance to speak up.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo asks in an almost snappish tone.

“Hyung,” Jungkook begins, amused even in a situation like this. “You said it's your free evening, why are you so impatient then?”

Kyungsoo leans back against the cushiony sofa, he seems to avoid looking at Jongin at all. “You know what,” he begins at last. Jongin thinks Kyungsoo doesn't need to tap his index finger on his bottom lip at all, it's almost like a distraction. “I could spend my time in better things, like sleeping, going to karaoke with my friends, swimming or sleeping again.”

Jungkook raises a brow as well. “Hyung, after I'll be finished with announcing it, you will wish that you were deaf instead.”

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrow, the same way they did three days ago. “What do you mean?”

From beside them Jongin is busy unwrapping the gift, squeaking when he finally grabs it in his hands. He looks chill for a moment, almost as if he has forgotten what they're going to talk about.

“The baby will love the bear, hyung,” Jungkook announces to Jongin, who only gives a timid smile in return now that the topic about the baby is here.

Kyungsoo positively pales. “What baby?”

“Oh, I didn't tell you yet, hyung,” Jungkook says, “Jonginnie hyung is pregnant.”

Silence. So much silence. Pin drop silence.

“Jonginnie hyung is pregnant,” he begins again, correcting himself, “with your child.”

Kyungsoo looks like he could faint and laugh hysterically at the same time, his expression give away how confused and frightened he is with all of the sudden dangerous topic. Minho stares at Jongin for a few long seconds, before returning his eyes to his boss, now eyes hard and lips set in a straight line. He looks like he has known about this for a long time, and now that it has finally been confirmed, he doesn’t know how to react.

“Hyung had been vomiting for a few weeks now—he went to the doctor and found he was pregnant with your child.” He explains. “Now, don't even think of saying that it could be someone else’s child, Jongin hyung didn't sleep with anyone after you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear if Jongin hyung admitted to lose his ity from you.”

“He's speaking the truth, Kyungsoo,” Jongin finally admits when Kyungsoo asks him what Jungkook is talking about, lowering his eyes and cowering a little under the weight of Kyungsoo's gaze. “I am pregnant with your child.”

“That day when you asked me about this whole CEO getting someone pregnant—was it about me getting you pregnant?”

Jongin timidly nods his head.

Kyungsoo's expression hardens, almost as if he isn't bothered by the news. Yet, it's clear from his fisted hands and clenched jaw how livid and worried he is right this moment. “Are you sure this is my child?” Jungkook opens his mouth to answer, but Kyungsoo raises a hand to him, palm facing him. His expression has hardened than before, eyes have turned darker than ever. “Is this my child, Jongin?”

Jongin fiddles with his fingers; he feels horribly under pressure. No one has talked to him in that tone, and now that someone is doing so about something that could (that would) ruin their lives, he couldn't help the whimper that escapes his mouth. “It is.”

Kyungsoo is once again silent before he stands up and walks around the living room. Minho stands up as well, he seems conflicted about the whole matter. “Abort it then.” He rubs his hands all over his face, as if trying to get rid of guilt of saying such. “Abort the ing baby then. Abort the mother—” He stops, silence follows his words, although everyone knows what he was about to call the unborn baby. “If it is my baby--which is so freaking ridiculous coming out of a man’s mouth--then I want it you to abort it right away. I don’t want scandals.”

“Drop it already.” Jongin stands up, looking angry. “Look, don't talk about abortion at all. I am not going to abort the baby.”

“Why not?” Kyungsoo growls.

“Because this is my child as well!” He growls back. “I thought about it enough. Like you, I wanted to abort the baby as well, but if you're so kind to think the same, I think you should leave.” He points to the door, eyes hard. “I don't want your negativity as well.”

“This is unwanted, isn't it?” Kyungsoo barks, walking to him to hover over his frame; he somehow manages to look taller than Jongin, but it could be because Jongin is standing nothing like how he usually stands. Despite coming out strong, he is doing nothing but cowering more and more under the heavy weight of Kyungsoo’s gaze. “You said this is our baby—I am ing sure we never talked about having a baby together. It's unwanted then abort it already!”

What he says is reasonable enough, they were nothing but lust-driven that night; whatever happened was just because they couldn’t stop themselves from touching each other. A baby definitely wasn’t in their minds... still, after talking with Jungkook, thinking about everything alone, he knows he wants nothing more than to give birth to this child.

So he straightens his back, wills away the tears, and looks straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “It was,” he accepts, “until the day I realized that I want this baby no matter what happens.”

“Really?” Kyungsoo seethes, “not even the thought of your ruined career scares you?”

It does, more than anything else to be honest. “I don’t want to punish someone innocent for the mistake we did.”

Kyungsoo looks taken aback for the first few second before he, with a warning glare to Jongin, walks out of the living room along with Minho, and hence out of the penthouse.

“Oh, hyung, don’t cry,” Jungkook begs, lying beside him on the bed a few hours later when they come back from the scheduled photoshoot. “I told you, we are here for you.” Jongin stays silent and pretends that he isn’t crying. “We knew something like that would be possible, no? Why do we have to waste our time thinking about it when they--”

“Why do only I have to go through this?” Jungkook presses his lips in a thin line and asks Jongin if he wants someone to cuddle with. Jongin gives a small whimper in return, a clear indication that he wants nothing more than to be held for some time. “How can I not be as heartless as he is?”

“Oh, hyung,” he says, a whispering fondness in his tone. “You will be the mother. Technically speaking, you’re going to give birth to someone who is a part of yours. This means a lot, you know, I am sure that even if you’d gone to abort the baby, you wouldn’t have done that. Motherly instinct, if you want to say.”

“I want to be called Papa though,” he says, as if that’s the biggest concern here.

“Well,” the younger begins, a laugh lost somewhere in his words. “Whatever you want. We are here with you.”

“...and Kyungsoo is an ,” he says, firm in his words.

“He is an .” Jungkook confirms. “I wish he doesn’t come to the award show tomorrow, I don’t know how I would stop myself from punching his super ugly face.”