Chuuves

One Pup, Two Pup
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yves had purposefully picked a song she liked to put as her alarm in the morning. The only conclusion of that decision, was that she didn’t like the song any longer! It definitely didn’t help having to wake up this early. In the weekend! All for that anxious and impatient puppy she could already hear walking through the hallway, its toenails ticking against the tiled floor.  

This was all her mother’s fault. If she hadn’t trained this pup to go out at 7 in the morning, Yves wouldn’t have to wake up before that ungodly hour either.  

“I’ll only be gone for a week. You just need to let him out real quick.” Her mother’s voice had never sounded as unlikeable. She groaned, forcing the blanket off of her body, immediately missing its warm embrace. She knew she had to get up though. She might actually have to mop up pee if she didn’t get ready quickly enough. They lived on the 14th floor, which meant she had to wait for the elevator first, then go down ever so slowly, then walk all the way through the garage to FINALLY get outside.  

From as soon as she opened the door to the hallway and those puppy-eyes were on her, she realised she’d have to leave quickly. Its back paws were trembling. “You had better not pee yet! And those puppy eyes don’t work on me.” She forced her hood over her head, no time to brush her hair or wash her face. She’d do that after braving the outside. She just hoped nobody else was insane enough to go out at this hour. She didn’t want to meet ANYBODY on the way.  

She slipped her feet into a pair of easy shoes before putting on the puppy’s leash. She then picked him up while waiting for the elevator. If she didn’t, he might just pee in the elevator which would be even worse. Imagine explaining that to the owner. Ughhh... She felt as if she was going to fall asleep on the ride down, her eyes already starting to turn in their sockets. The puppy’s whining woke her right back up though. At least for a moment. 

“Yes, yes! I know! It’s not like I am going outside for my pleasure, you know... You spoiled brat.”  

The puppy crawled underneath the garage gate as soon as it was even slightly opened, pulling at Yves’ arm that was holding the leash to follow him. She wasn’t quite going to crawl underneath it though. As the gate rose up higher though, she pulled the leash in horror, “you can’t pee here yet!” She bent her knees enough to crawl down underneath the still opening gate, cursing under her breath, before picking the puppy up and walking towards the closest bush of green, “THIS is where you pee, you monster.”  

The puppy didn’t seem to mind her words, just satisfied with finally finding its relief and being able to pee freely. At least the street seemed to be abandoned while she was waiting for him to finish. As soon as he was, he starting excitedly running away from their apartment block, dragging her along. Yves rolled her eyes. Her mother had told her she needed to go around the park to make sure he had his walk, so she just followed after him.  

She was definitely going to crawl back into her bed from as soon as she got home. Why did this puppy have so much energy?  

As she followed the puppy further into the park, she heard a female voice. Frack. People. She sighed. She had barely started their walk, there was no way she could turn around yet. As the voice came closer, Yves was surprised to see a girl. By herself. Why was she talking so much if she was alone? As she got closer though, Yves noticed that much like herself, the girl was walking a dog as well. The dog was slightly bigger than her own, but just because it was fully grown, obviously. Her own pup would probably get bigger than him still.  

Honestly, the sight was amusing for the mere reason that it was the exact opposite from what she surely looked like. This girl reminded Yves of her own excited pup and she could identify strangely well with the dog that was apparently not in the mood to walk as it sauntered around slowly. “Come on, boy! You’re such a good boy.” The girl kept on encouraging him and to Yves it was almost hilarious. Why was she encouraging him?  

The slow dog’s pace finally picked up, however, when it apparently caught sight of Yves’ companion. He wobbled towards her puppy, the latter still pulling at Yves arm as well until they could finally touch their noses. “Awww, how cute,” the other girl just said and Yves pulled her cap a little further over her head. Ugh... She didn’t want anybody to see her in this state. Yet, at the same time, she found herself studying the girl carefully in return. The girl who was staring down at both dogs with heart eyes. She had red-ish brown hair and a smile that was broader than any Yves had ever seen before. Her heart almost stopped when it was suddenly directed towards her, “hey, I haven’t seen you around before. I do recognise your dog though. He’s such a cutie.”  

Yves hummed, unconsciously pulling her head back a bit in the hopes the girl wouldn’t catch too much of her face in this state. “My dog is already fifteen years old. That’s why he’s kind of slow. But he’s so sweet and adorable still, don’t you think?” Yves just nodded, unsure of what else to say.  

The dogs had apparently had enough of their encounter and Yves felt the puppy pull at its leash again to continue their walk. “Well, it was nice meeting you!” The girl said, way too cheerfully at 7am in the morning, before she walked around Yves to continue her own walk.  

Yves couldn’t really help looking back over her shoulder. The girl was still chatting with her dog happily. Even the way she strolled along with the old dog, looked as if she was walking on flowers. She was pretty unreal. Yves shook her head, returning her gaze to her own puppy. She was definitely awake now.  

Her alarm didn’t sound any better the next day. Maybe she should put it on the standard sound again before she managed to ruin more of her favourite songs.  

She once again heard the sound of her puppy’s nails against the ground. This little guy sure was awake early. Every. Single. Morning. Yves actually dragged herself to the bathroom now first, combing her hair, freshening up. The traumatic experience of walking into another person from the day before, still fresh in her mind. 

Much like the day before, she picked up the little dog again to go down, actually waiting untill she was outside to put him down again, right next to the patch of green to pee. She couldn’t have him peeing at the garage entrance AGAIN. What if there were came

Please log in to read the full chapter