One

My Lies make you Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I bear the burden, so you don’t have to.

 

Sua was roughly pushed than spat on by none other than Kim Minji a.k.a Jiu. She could only look up at her main tormentor at the school. Jiu was always the one who would bully her, to the point that Sua would be making her daily visit to the school nurse. Behind Jiu was her girlfriend Kim Yoohyeon and their other lackey’s. Lee Yoobin, Lee Siyeon, and Lee Gahyeon.

 

“You shouldn’t even be attending this school, you freak.” Jiu snarled at Sua while she hung her head low pleading to her mind, to not mind her words, but she couldn’t. Her words were like serrated knives. All sharp and jagged, so once the knife hits her close to home, Jiu would always be tugging on the fine blade. Tugging turns into pulling which slowly tears out the flesh bit by bit prolonging the pain Sua felt as if she was being tortured. She never asked why she was being punished by Jiu because she knew the reason all too well. She was a criminal in everyone’s eyes except for the ones who know what truly happened. She didn’t voice the truth as the lie was much better than the one she had been hiding. “You pathetic little maggot. Always crawling around up other people’s mess.” That little sentence made Sua look up at Jiu’s eyes in shock. No… she can’t remember. She must never remember. Sua silently pleaded to herself in hopes that her lie hadn’t been discovered. “Because of you, I can’t have a normal life.” Jiu swung her leg that was aimed at Sua’s ribcage. Sua felt the impact as the bones within her body slowly followed the shape of Jiu’s boot and finally there was the crack. Sua bit her lip to suppress her scream but she let out a long groan while holding her ribcage. The girls laughed at Sua's pain while Jiu had a satisfied smirk that was permanently etched into her face.

 

“Babe, you did wonderfully.” Yoohyeon giggled as she looped her arm around Jiu while resting her head on Jiu's neck. “But, I think you can do even better,” Yoohyeon whispered into Jiu's ear as there was a glint of darkness that Sua witnessed in her eyes. She couldn't do anything as it was too late.

 

“What should I do, Yoohyeonie?” Jiu whined as it Sua felt her heart being ripped out at her tone of voice she was all too familiar with. Sua couldn't bear to look at any one of them because they will know the weakness she had been hiding from anyone.

 

Sua struggled to the nurse's office after the final beating she took from Yoohyeon and Jiu while the others just laughed and recorded the whole thing. She let out so many shaky breaths that black dots began surfacing in her vision. Not yet, please. She pleaded as her knees buckled making her fall onto the ground. She waited for the additional pain that was bound to come but it didn't. She felt arms around her and knew who it was.

 

“Dongie.” Her voice was so soft that It could be mistaken as a little puff of air. Handong looked sadly at the state of her best friend.

 

“What have they done to you?” She choked out as she let Sua onto her back. “We need to get you to the nurse's office.” Handong slowly trudged through the school as she feared of making Sua suffer more by moving her too much. Sua was thankful for her best friends help as she was slowly drifting off to sleep knowing that she would be hurt by her any time soon.

 

Handong reached the nurse's office with a sleeping Sua. The nurse wasn't in just yet so Handong took matters into her own hands as she placed Sua on one of the beds.

 

“You're going to be okay, Sua Unnie,” Handong whispered to Sua as she went to the cupboards to get some painkillers or anything that might heal her faster.

 

The nurse came in with shock as Handong basically tore the entire place apart as she finally found some painkillers. She coughed as Handong froze at whoever was in the room. She slowly turned her head to the entrance and found herself looking at the nurse. She laughed nervously as she looked over at Sua who was still sleeping peacefully.

 

“Hi, Lily, your number one customer are here…. Again.” Handong tried to crack a joke as Lily looked at her unimpressed as she knew she was going to clean up her room. “I'll clean this up as much as possible,” Handong added as Lily sighed while massaging her temples at a headache she always gets whenever Handong tried to help with her best friend’s current state.

 

“How bad is it?” She responded as she entered the room to check up on her patient.

 

“Its really bad this time. I don't think her body can handle any more abuse.” Handong sadly looked at Sua while tightening her grip on the bottle.

 

“You forget that painkillers won't be able to help her anymore.” Lily grasped onto Handong’s hand that gripped the bottle and took it away. “I'm going to need you to start cleaning up the room since I do have a zero-tolerance policy of untidiness.” Lily sternly said while Handong nodded as she began picking up the meds and items that were on the ground first. Lily looked at Sua with sadness as she knew she shouldn't be here at all.

 

“There's a reason why we don't play with magic, Jiu.” Lily caressed Sua's face as she brought their foreheads together. She could feel Sua's slow rhythmic breathing as it was the only thing that was keeping Lily sane enough not to go hunt Jiu down and tell her the entire truth. She hated how things ended up like this and she hated how Sua was selfish enough to let Jiu enjoy with her fake happiness. “There are also some truths that need to be revealed for everyone's sake. Isn't that right, Sua?” She cried as Handong watched the interaction with a heavy heart. She knew what truth Lily was talking about. Sua, on the other hand, was in a nightmare plagued by memories of Jiu.

 

“Sua, watch this.” Jiu happily said as she moved her hands in the air gently and fluidly enough that Sua couldn't take her eyes off of the mini dance that Jiu had performed. After a couple of seconds, the ground began budding out flowers and they stopped when they were in full bloom. Jiu stood still as she let the magic run back into her fingertips while the flowers started wilting. Sua watched as Jiu took back the life she once created back into her body.

 

“Jiu Unnie!” Sua cried out as she grabbed the hand that was taking in the magic. Jiu looked at Sua with a confused expression. “Don't ever take a life nor will you ever breathe any kind of mortal life back to life okay?” Sua told Jiu as she pleaded with her eyes to never ask any questions about what it meant. Jiu looked at her with questioning eyes as she was about to ask her why she froze when she felt the small trembles on her arm. She knew that she wasn't cold until she gazed upon Sua who was the source of the tremors. Jiu pulled Sua close and she embraced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter