01 The Disemboweler

Nct Ten: DOWNTRODDEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y/N hurry up! My dearest... come on we can't be late!" the young and beautiful boy exclaimed while urging you to move faster. You had to admit that something deep within you was thrilled by the thought of gazing upon the one everyone refered to as the disemboweler, a serial killer running amock in not only the kingdom of lapis but neighbouring countries as well. Today was the day he finally met his doom. It was the first execution you would ever whitness. You were scared and terrified by the horrific images that crossed your mind not all too innocently since innocence was bound to be lost and broken. Lost in thoughts almost a trance of your own you forgot the ground which did not do any justice to your delecate feet. Blisters innevitably appearing. "How annoying! These feet have already been tormented enough. Mark!" you called the one closest to being the brother you never had and the family you never knew "Mark I cannot walk any further! Just leave me i must rest I am still worn out from todays work." you gasped for air. Resting on the hard and cold ground Mark turned back and ran towards you. His face filled with worry. "Dearest how much longer must you rest? Time is of the essence! They will not wait for us. Rather they will sever his head from his reched shoulders without us being there." Mark stressed and you hung on to every word. You truly treasured his being there looking after you and your fragile heart. Not wanting to be nothing more than a nuisance you got up on your two feet and began limping.

"My my what strength you have! Even in vain your perseverence cannot be beaten!" he said astounished. You however, barely managing to walk, did not comprehend your companion's reaction. The pace in which the two of you moved closer to the town wasn't much faster than that of a tortoise. Perhaps even slower. 

On the way to the market place you saw many shops and several guards mustering you. Mark shielded you from them whenever they eyed you too long for his liking. "I can protect myself you know." you assured him but you knew yourself that Mark was stubborn as a boar. Not even the kin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter