Inarticulate(FicEx) [One-shot]

Inarticulate(FicEx) [One-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is a very windy day, when Eun Byul arrives at Incheon International Airport.  It is autumn and she appreciates how bright the mood is.  She is glad; at last she is here, back in her hometown.  She sits there, waiting for somebody to pick her.  Her mother told her back there, at Heathrow Airport, that she already made a call, for someone to pick her.  Thus, she waits there patiently, for any sign of her special someone.  Being a very reserved girl, she sits there, and waits patiently, without making any fuss.

                Ahn Eun Byul, holds the nationality of Korean and is proud with it.  However, when she was only eight, her father got an offer to work as Korean Ambassador in Britain.  She was proud to have stepped onto the earth of the Great Britain, and learnt a lot about the culture.  Sixteen years in Britain, she made a lot of friends, more than she had in Korea.  When she was 18, she made it to a university in United States and gain more friends there.  But, it was indeed undeniable, that she really missed her country and to speak with her own mother tongue.

                Fortunately, her parents did say something miracle a few months ago.  The whole family was coming back to Korea.  Her father is going to continue his job as ambassador though, but to help at the British Embassy in Korea.  She almost jumped out of joy, but she kept the contentment in her heart.

                Now, she is here, but without her parents.  They’ll be here in a year.  She is back to Korea earlier due to her parents’ encouragement.  They want her to adapt first.  Thinking that is a good idea, she is here now, being a few months earlier than her parents.  She is very happy to continue her final year in Engineering at Seoul University.  After years she studied at Britain and then America, at last she get the chance to experience learning in her own country.

                “Hey, sweetheart!” a voice calls.  Conscious that the call is for her, she turns to the direction of the voice.  Her heart skips out of joy to see him.  Ok Taecyon.  The person that Eun Byul is missing so much.  They studied together at United States back then, before Taecyon went to Korea a year ago to continue his Business Study here, at Dankook University.  They are having a special relationship; boyfriend and girlfriend, or easily described as couple.  It has been a year since their last meeting and date, and now they both of them are back together.  She really wants to thank her mother for calling this person to pick her up.

                “Taecyon!” exclaims Byul while getting up from her chair.  Taecyon walks closer.  Close enough, Byul and Taecyon stare into each others’ eyes, expressing how much they are missing each other.  Taecyon then gives Byul a kiss on her forehead and hugs her.  Byul hugs back, tightly, showing how he misses him.

                “How are you dear?” Taecyon asks her, after they pull away from each other.

                “Great!” she exclaims.  Taecyon laughs to her cuteness and pinches her cheek.

                “Let’s go!” he says while leading her to his car.

                He brings her to a house, a very large house.  It is a three-storey bungalow, with many cars parked outside the house.  Just by the first look, Byul could tell that the house is belonged to someone rich.

                “Hey!  Where are we?” asks Byul.

                “My house,” he says.  Byul’s jaw almost drops upon hearing Taecyon’s answer.

                “Oh Gosh!  You’re sure a son of a great entrepreneur!” exclaims her excitedly.

                “Well…I’m going to inherit all my father’s fortune soon,” Taecyon says while looking at Byul.  He smirks.  Byul rolls her eyes knowing that her boyfriend is trying to seduce her with his wealth.

                “Properties not going to work on me, Taecyon,” she says politely and smiles sweetly.  Taecyon sighs.

                “Whatever…but…you know that you are going to live here until your parents come right?” Taecyon asks her.  Again, Eun Byul is surprised.

                “What?!  I don’t know,” she says, surprised.  Taecyon shrugs as he smiles as a sign that she will live at that house for a year with him.  She doesn’t know that her parents want her to live with Taecyon.  But, sure the thing is going to be like that.  Their parents are friends.  The only thing different is Taecyon’s family live in United States and hers is living in Great Britain.  When she pursued her study in America, it is Taecyon’s family who helped her a lot, and they have been couple since then.  Even their parents are expecting marriage from them.

“Your room is right beside mine.  If you need anything just order the maid to do it,” Taecyon says.  She is about to say something when Taecyon’s phone rings, disturbing their conversation.

                Eun Byul doesn’t mean to eavesdropping, but she can hear clearly what Taecyon says.  Without knowing who makes the call, Byul could guess that the caller is a girl.  She sighs.  Taecyon is a player, she knows it.  It has been his habit to hang out with different girls every day.  She knows it since they first started their relationship at America.  She doesn’t want to blame the culture there.  She knows that it is Taecyon’s fault, he should change.  But, he chooses to go on with his player essence.

Byul can’t do anything.  She feels hurt, but she can’t do anything as his girlfriend.  She once reprimanded him for his wrongdoing, on playing with a lot of girls’ heart, but he chose to ignore.  She stupidly let him go, keeps her hurt feeling to herself.  But deep down her heart, she really loves him.  Not only her, her parents also like Taecyon.  And as for her, she is feeling so grateful that Taecyon chooses her as his girlfriend, although he is dating other girls out there.  She knows she might sound stupid, but she really loves him.  She doesn’t want to ask for a break up.

“I need to go,” Taecyon says once he finishes his phone’s conversation.

“Another girl?” Byul asks.  Tears are threatening to fall, but Byul tries to hold it in.  All this while, she succeeded in holding in her tears but not now.  After a year being apart, Byul is expecting to see the new Taecyon, but he doesn’t change.  Taecyon says nothing except to stare in her teary eyes.

“I’ll see you later, okay?” he kisses her on her cheek.  Byul sends him to the door only with her eyes.  After he is gone, Byul sighs.  She looks down on the floor.

“I thought you’ve changed, Taecyon.  Why not?” she whispers as tears rolling down her fair, smooth skin.

The next day, she is going to university, her first day in university.  She is in her final year here.  She is going to work very hard to get her degree in Engineering.  She walks to her class as she is lead by a person who is more familiar with the university.  She enters the huge lecture hall to find so many people in it, suitable to make friends.

Being an amiable person, she makes friends in an unbelievable very short time.  She has a bunch of friends in only 10 minutes after she enters the class.  But, the best person is Victoria.  She is a very kind girl, older than her though, but very intelligent, demonstrating her leadership skills in the course.  She is reliable and very understanding.

“So, you’re Korean?” she asks.

“I am,” she replies with a very friendly tone, demolishing awkwardness and barrier between them.  While they are talking, more students come and fill up the seats in the lecture hall.

“But all this while you’re studying Engineering in America?” asks her.

“Yeah,” Byul says cheerfully as she nods.  She chuckles.

“You are going to give a very hard time to Nichkun for this semester and the final,” she says, while laughing.  Byul frowns, her brows knit.  She couldn’t understand her, but the name, Nichkun sounds very familiar.  She heard the name in her life before, but she fails to recall.

“Hard time?  Why?  By the way, who’s Nichkun?”

“The ace in Engineering here.  Always a top student, always the first in this batch,” she says and then looks at the door of the lecture hall.  She continues then, “There he is, the ace!” she says while pointing towards the door.  Eun Byul turns her head towards the door, noticing a guy who just steps in.  The face looks familiar, and Eun Byul quickly registers him.

“I know this guy!” Eun Byul exclaims.  Victoria looks shocked, nevertheless, not losing her words.

“You know him?  How?” the older girl asks.

“My neighbour when I was here until I was eight.  He doesn’t change that much,” she says while shrugging.

“This is going to be fun,” Victoria says.  She waves towards Nichkun and speaks, “Hey, Khun!  Over here!  We have a new student!” she says cheerfully and Nichkun smiles at her.  He looks uninterested though he still responds by bowing, not more than that.  He sits down with a bunch of friends then.  Unsatisfied, Victoria shouts something that can attract his attention.

“This girl will push you down to second place!  You won’t make it this semester until the final!” she shouts.  Upon hearing the words, Byul laughs although very politely, while Nichkun starts to look at them furiously.  It is true though, the words catch his attention.  He stands up and walks towards both of them.  Judging from his behaviour, Byul could say that this guy doesn’t change at all, as competitive as ever.

“See…he cannot stand when I tell him somebody is going to beat him in academic,” Victoria whispers right before he stands in front of them, adding to Byul’s laughter.

“What are you saying?  This girl is going to beat me in my excellence?” asks Nichkun politely, but Byul could sense the poison in his words, which makes her forcing herself to resist her laughter.  Nichkun doesn’t change.

“Yeah!  She studied engineering for three years in Massachusetts Institute of Technology.  That is the first world university for Engineering.  Can you beat her?” asks Victoria playfully.  Nichkun’s face changes immediately.

“Wow!  That is good, no, I mean, GREAT!” he exclaims.  Face from irritated turns very bright, and it shines more than the Sun itself.  Byul laughs, which makes Khun turns confused.

“Khun!  You don’t change at all!  Always the Khun I know!” she says while laughing.  Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter