ch 1

Fear

 

 

Note : The hanahaki disease is a disease where the victim vomits flower petals when they suffer from unrequited love.

*****

 

Sungyeol twirled the glass, looking at the red liquid moving before gulped it down. He could taste the burning sensation on his tongue. His expression changed as the liquid streaming down his throat. He was sitting on the black leather sofa, sipping his liquor with a bored face.

Yesterday Dongwoo had pestered him to come to the club, reasoning that Sungyeol needs to have fun with the other members. The hyperactive elder was bombarding him with phone calls and messages till Sungyeol surrendered and said yes. And then, here he was, inside the VIP room of the high-class club in the middle of Gangnam.

The club was full packed with people gathering in one place and swaying their bodies following the rhythm of the music. In the dance floor, Sungyeol spotted Dongwoo already went off with his dance, clearly enjoying it. In another side near the bar, he could see Woohyun talking with a group of girls.

Sungyeol sighed, still cursed his decision to tag along. He could do something productive at home instead of wasting his time here. He was super bored.

He actually tried to enjoy others company too, trying to join the crowd not long time ago. He already went to the dancing floor and having both men and women sliding up near him, dancing up so sensually around him. But nothing caught his interest.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Sungyeol nudged Sungjong who busy typing some message on his phone.

“Toilet” answered Sungjong shortly, eyes focused on his screen.

“It’s been more than twenty minutes. Is he alright?” asked Sungyeol again.

“If you worried, you can check on him,” suggested Sungjong, still not bothering to look at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol clicked his tongue, slightly annoyed with Sungjong’s attitude but let it slide for tonight. He stood up from his seat.

Sungyeol groaned, wrinkling his nose in disgust. One of the reasons he hated to go to the nightclub was the smell. The mix of body odor, sweat, perfume, alcohol and maybe some puke invaded his nose. He rushedly walked to the restroom, dodging some drunk people in the process.

A loud cough and gag that echoed through the wall greeted Sungyeol as soon as he entered the room. Sungyeol flinched.

“Myungsoo?” Sungyeol knocked the only stall that being occupied by someone. The other stalls were empty.

“Yeol… Yeollie?” Myungsoo piped up weakly between his coughs.

“Hey, are you alright, Soo?” Sungyeol asked again, somehow pitying Myungsoo. He remembered the younger had gone wild and drank too much alcohol. He was on the dance floor when Myungsoo chugged the liquors and he got no chance to stop him.

Sungyeol knew Myungsoo was so stressed over his busy life and wanted to relax a bit, but went too far. He hoped the younger didn’t get alcohol poisoning.

“Ye… yeah…” said Myungsoo before he vomited once again. The coughing was so painful to hear.

“Let’s go back, I’ll send you home”

“No… it’s okay, I’ll be alright” said Myungsoo abruptly. “The night is still young, we need to have fun.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “Don’t be stupid, we can hang out another time!”

“It’s fine, I’ll be back soon,” said Myungsoo softly like he’s whispering. The sound of water flush was louder than his voice. “You can go first.”

Sungyeol sighed heavily.

“I’ll wait here” Sungyeol folded his hands in front of his chest. “I'm afraid you gonna pass out”

“I said I’m okay… Just go back first” Myungsoo muttered, his voice was raw and hoarse. “Even if I fainted, you won't be able to carry me”

“And you think I’ll leave you alone in this shabby restroom?” Sungyeol snapped a little. With his right hand, he turned the knob on the door -seems Myungsoo forgot to lock it-, pushing the door open. He intended to drag Myungsoo out, bring him home and let him rest instead holed up inside this tiny cubicle.

Myungsoo slightly gasped out in surprise when Sungyeol barging in.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sungyeol frowned when he saw Myungsoo’s state. His best friend’s condition was worse than his prediction.

Myungsoo sat on the floor, his left arm hanging on the toilet seat. The younger was paler than before, there’s a trail of spit in the corner of his mouth, his wet bang covered his forehead and his eyes were glazy. The dark bags under his eyes were so prominent, the result of his busy schedules with almost zero rest.

Sungyeol moved closer to help his friend but he froze in the spot when his eyes caught a pile of red things splattered all over the white tiles.

“Myungsoo… is that…” Sungyeol couldn’t finish his sentence. He stared at Myungsoo in panic and horror. “Flower petals…?”

“Yes…” Myungsoo closed his eyes, he didn’t have the courage to see the elder’s reaction. He suddenly felt weak and small. “You already know what that is, Yeollie”

Sungyeol’s eyes dilated, his mind was busy digesting the whole shocking information. He trembled hard as he shifted his gaze back to a pile of red flower petals. The distinct sweet scent of flower assaulted his nostrils. It’s so pungent almost made him nauseated.

Yes, Sungyeol knew what the flowers mean, it’s already giving him an answer as soon as he saw those piles.

It was a freaking Hanahaki disease.

It’s one of the no-no diseases for idols. It was one of the top list diseases that idols never supposed to have.

The uncomfortable silence was engulfed the whole room, choking both of them who busy with their own mind. Myungsoo set his eyes low, too ashamed to look at Sungyeol, his eyes only directed to the beautiful red rose petals that contrasting against the tiles.

It took around a few minutes of silence before Sungyeol broke up the heavy atmosphere after his mind finished sorting everything out.

“What the ?!?” Sungyeol shrieked.