One In A Million

One In A Million

Mina is standing on the roof on top of their school building with her back leaning on a wall watching the sunset, with her friends right beside her.

“What are you girls thinking about?” asked Mina

“.......I’m thinking about-”

“Hurry up and say it,” Sana interrupted Momo.

“Stop interrupting me please Sana,” Momo begged.

“Well you need to hurry up because it’s almost 6pm. Me and Mina gotta be back to our house no later than that.”

“You girls need to stop fighting, Sana please let Momo say what she wanted to say before you interrupted her. And will have time to get back home so don’t worry.”

“Never mind just forget about it,” Momo said.

“Well then. I’m not thinking about anything right now, I’m just really focusing on my studies and graduation,” Sana said.

“That’s good to hear, I wish you the best for this year Sana.. And you to Momo.”

“Thanks Mina,” Momo said.

“So Momo what did you wanted to say about Nayeon?” Sana asked.

“HEY be quiet I told you it’s private!”

“Nayeon? How come you don’t want to talk about it? We promise to each other if there is something on your mind you can say-.”

“NO! I don’t want to talk about her,” Momo interrupting mina by yelling and storming away.

    After running away from Mina and Sana. Momo went to go outside to catch her breathe and calm down. She called Nayeon as soon as calms down to ask if she’s at her house so that Momo can tell her something important.

  “Hey Nayeon, are you home?”

    “Yes I am, but I have a lot of homework to do.”

    “Homework? You don’t have any homework to do though…. Wait a second are you smoking that leaf again?” Momo said softly.

“You mean weed? Yeah I am, Don’t worry it’s just for my health.”

“Oh I see.. Bye then I’ll leave you alone.”

“Okay cya momo. I’ll let you know whenever I can talk.”

Momo began walking alone on a flowery sidewalk with cherry blossom petals blowing away softly in wind.

_____________________________________________________________

    

“Hey Sana can we talk?’

    “Sure Mina, what’s wrong?”

    “Why did you do that to Momo yesterday by mentioning Nayeon?.”

    “Because I want you to get mad at her. That is why I mentioned about Nayeon, Mina.”

    “You are way too honest Sana,” Mina thought to herself.

    “.....Well are you going to say anything?”

    “No I am not going to say anything to you Sana, I gotta go to class,”Mina began walking away to class but halted by Sana.  

    “WAIT! What do you mean by that?”

    “Because you are way too rude and honest to Momo sometimes! You made Momo cry yesterday, and that isn’t the first time you made her cry. There are countless of times you made her cry.”

    “Well I’m sorry Mina.. I-”

    “No don’t you dare apologize to me, apologize to Momo when you get to see her. And I’ll ask Momo if you did, you got that?” Mina finally began walking to class leaving Sana back on the roof.

    Sana cried quietly and softly to herself watching as the sun rises at dawn.

Sana began questioning her friendship with the two of them.
“Why am I like this? Why am I so honest about things? Am I ending our friendship because of my actions? Am I a problem to others? If I jump right now will they even care?.” Sana forcefully made herself stopped by thinking and crying by just breathing in and out. As soon as she calmed down she went back to the Library to study. However Sana stood upon Nayeon checking out books.

“Hey Sana, are you doing okay?”

“Yeah I am doing okay, thanks for asking and you?”

Nayeon smiles “ Yeah I am, and could we talk for a bit? I really need to tell you in person.”

“No I got to study for this test.”

“Please Sana, it’s very important It’ll be-”

“I said no I have to study maybe some-”

“Hey you two I’m going to kick both of you out this is a place for studying not having a conversation to one another.” Mrs.Tzuyu said quietly

“I’m sorry about that Mrs.Tzuyu, I started distracting Sana by talking to her so I’ll receive just leave”

“Please do” Mrs.Tzuyu said.

“Wait Nayeon before you leave-”

“Sana get out!” Mrs.Tzuyu interrupted Sana to kick Sana and Nayeon both out of the Library.

“Sorry about that Sana I didn’t mean to-”
“No don’t apologize is fine.”

“Sana tell me honestly are you doing fine?”

“No I am not doing well, I got into a fight with Mina and Momo.”

“Wait you got into a fight with Mina and Momo? When did this happen?”

“Today with Mina and yesterday with Momo I was being a to them.”

“Hey don’t call yourself a and beat yourself up by your actions. You three have been friends since 5th grade.”

“Do you think our friendship will end because of me?” Sana asked.

“No I don’t,” Nayeon said it without hesitation.

“What makes you say that?”    

“Like I said you three has been together for 6 years, I never seen a friendship last so long before. Also I know that Momo is a loyal person compare to me.”

“Oh I see. Hey Nayeon could we talk later when school ends?”

“..Yeah I would love too.”    

Sana and Nayeon began walking separately to their classes. Sana went to her Biology class to start on her test and Nayeon goes to her Korean class. As classes are about to end for today Sana got her score for the test, she did extremely well, passed with flying colors. She called her parents to say she passed and that her parents are satisfied with her. She then meets up with Nayeon on the school roof to hear what Nayeon has to talk about.

“Hey Sana you made it, how did it go?”

“It went well, I passed, thanks for asking. So about earlier, how can I apologize to them?”

“Just say it when your heart is ready, it may be hard to think of what to say when you are apologizing but it’ll come out naturally.”

“I see, thanks, Nayeon.”

“You’re welcome, Sana.”

“.... So what did you wanted to talk about before we got kicked out of the

Library by Mrs.Tzuyu?” Sana asked.

Nayeon confessed her feelings for Sana, however, Sana doesn't have feelings towards her. Nayeon told her that she dumped Momo on a friendly note just to go after Sana.

“I’m sorry but I just don’t see us being together. The way you treated Momo really left her emotionally unstable. I won’t tell Momo anything about this, It’ll hurt her even more. I gotta go back home, I’ll talk to you on another time, Goodbye Nayeon.