Two.

My Little Secret

            “And, you’re all done,” the tattoo artist speaks, snapping me back to reality as he wraps up my arm. The tattoo is already done? I must have distracted myself thinking of when Taeyang and I met so much that I forgot where I was and what was happening.

            I look down at the tattoo and a smile stretches across my face. “I love it, thank you,” I thank the artist multiple times as Taeyang and I switch places and it’s his turn for his tattoo. I silently watch the artist trace, fill in, and shade Taeyang’s lock design in awe.

            I didn’t even realize the time until stepping out of the room to see the dark sky out the front windows of the shop. I pull my wallet out of my purse and Taeyang swiftly takes it away from me. “What are you doing?” I ask him.

            “Put this away,” he practically instructs with a smile. “My treat,” he whispers.

            “You know, most men treat their girlfriends with a simple dinner or a movie date. Not a tattoo; seriously, give me my wallet back.” He doesn’t listen until after the tattoos are paid for.

            “Don’t pout babe,” he speaks with a teasing tone. “You know how I feel about you pouting. You’re too pretty to pout.”

            “You should have let me pay for my own tattoo,” I sigh. “I would’ve happily done so.” I look down at the fresh ink etched into my skin.

            “I’m sorry, next time I will. You okay with that?” he smiles. I nod. I love how he knows that I want more tattoos in the future. “Okay, I have one more surprise for you today,” the smile never leaving his face, as always.

            We drive around for I don’t even know how long and I find a distraction looking out the window until Taeyang parks the car and opens my door for me like he usually does most of the time.

            “Where are you taking me?” I chuckle as my boyfriend takes my hand in his and practically drags me behind him. We walk to an unknown location; well, unknown to me. I start to feel anxious because I don’t know if I trust him and I also don’t like the feeling of not knowing where I’m going in general.

            He still pulls stuff like this all the time, you’d think I’d know better but I still feel a little anxious every time he does something like this. I don’t completely trust him when he doesn’t tell me where we go but I don’t imagine how fun it would be if he just told me where we’re going. He seems really excited about this idea he’s had so I trust him that he wouldn’t murder me in some alley where no one can hear my scream. I laugh quietly to myself at my thoughts, thinking back to the first time he brought me to his apartment wanting to get to know me.

            “What are you laughing at babe?” he asks.

            “Nothing, just my own thoughts.”

            “Which are?” he asks for more of an explanation as he continues to lead me to our unknown destination.

            “I still don’t trust you very much when you don’t tell me where we’re going and that it makes me anxious. But I trust you enough to not murder me in some random alley,” I laugh quietly again as I repeat my thoughts out loud to him.

            “Your sarcasm amuses me,” he joins me in quiet laughter. We walk in silence for a little longer until he stops walking abruptly, causing me to almost crash into him. “We’re here,” he turns to me and smiles. His smile is one of my favourite features; then again, I am so in love with this man that I love everything about him. “Wait for it,” I notice him bounce slightly in excitement even in the dark. He’s so cute, his excitement reminds me of a little kid on their birthday. “And, now,” he looks down at his watch and then up at the sky.

            As if on cue, a few fireworks erupt in the sky with a loud bang. The night sky is lit up by fireworks and I can’t help but be amazed. I love going to see fireworks so this was a very nice surprise. “This is amazing,” I tell him as he moves to stand behind me slightly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

            “Do you like it?” he asks me, sounding hopeful.

            “Of course, I love it,” I smile and kiss his cheek.

            “I think the finale is coming up soon,” he sing-songs. “It’s not a very long fireworks display I heard,” he adds. He takes his hand off my waist and I can’t say I’m not a little upset. I sigh at my thoughts and continue to enjoy the fireworks.

            I stand in awe of the amazing display in front of us. This is probably one of my favourite things to do; I was luckily enough to grow up going to Disney World with my family every-so-often so seeing fireworks was pretty common for me. “Madi,” I hear my name but my eyes are glued to the sky lit up by all the different colours. I hum in response. “Madi, look at me,” I can practically hear the smile on his face.

            I turn my head but don’t see him next to me. I completely turn around, looking for him. Thanks to the light of the fireworks, he’s not hard to find. He stands a couple feet away from me now, just staring back at me with the most beautiful smile plastered across his face. “Why are you standing so far away?” I ask, practically pouting that he’s no longer standing right next to me. He says nothing but the smile remains. “Taeyang?”

            “Sorry, I was distracted by the most beautiful girl in the world.” His smile genuinely never leaves his lips. He’s always smiling but there’s something different about this smile.

            “Stop it, I’m blushing,” I hide my face in my hands.

            “I love you so much.” he takes a few steps closer.

            “I love you too,” I smile back at him as I wrap my arms around his torso.

            “I don’t ever want to lose you. I want to stay with you forever; wake up next to you every morning and call you ‘mine’.” I can’t stop my face from heating up and I can tell my face is no longer slightly pink but now a tomato red. “What I’m trying to say is,” he kneels down. “Will you marry me?” He pulls a small box out of his sweater pocket and opens it to reveal a diamond ring.

            I am speechless. This is what he had planned all along? I nod my head in response as a few tears escape my eyes. I can’t seem to find the word ‘yes’. He stands up again to his full height and slides the ring on my finger. It’s a perfect fit. I look up at him and he wipes away my tears with his thumb.

            He stares at me with his beautiful smile once again and I hope it never leaves his face.