Final

Flight

Seulgi wakes up to the sound of rustling. She tried to drown out the scrunching of something and the zipping of a zipper and go back to her peaceful slumber. But the smell of honeydew and lemon barred any idea of dozing off again.

 

Not when the honeydew and lemon is too close to be just a dream.

 

“Seulgi-yah..” there goes the voice she would never be tired hearing, “Are you awake??”

 

The idea of not answering so that she can continue the façade of hibernating flew past her mind when she realized that the owner of the voice will be gone for a while.

 

Right. Her roommate is flying to L.A. today for the collaboration that got her to tears for three straight days. And Seulgi is not dumb enough to start her Wendy-less days without getting a glimpse of the girl whose elation Seulgi can see even with her eyes closed.

 

“No. I’m still sleeping” she teased though, burying her face to the pillow for emphasis that she is indeed asleep.

 

This earned a playful groan from the other person in the room and Seulgi can feel the small smile forming on Wendy’s lips when she said, “Come on, you bear. Are you really not going to send me off?”

 

“No,” you replied, “I may convince you to just stay here and cook me something.”

 

Seulgi felt a dip on the bed, followed by a hum.

 

“It may,” Wendy said, “I mean, that chocolate cupcakes I baked the other day were something else right?”

 

Seulgi nodded on her pillow, a small smile formed on her lips at the memory of the Seungwan-made cupcakes she specifically baked because Seulgi-yah, I baked you some cupcakes since you’ve been tired these past few days and you once said that my cupcakes makes you feel a lot better!

 

“But then,” the younger girl paused, “It’s John Legend waiting for me on the other side of the globe. Nothing can convince me to ditch my flight. Not even you.”

 

A light shove and a muffled Go ahead then earned a shift on the bed. When Seulgi heard an Alright from the other girl and felt her get up, she panicked.

 

The audacity of this hamster.

 

“Aish..” she growled, grabbing Wendy’s arm as she abruptly got herself up, glaring (read: pouting) at the smirking shorty above her, “You’re so mean.”

 

“And you’re such a baby.”

 

“Your baby, you mean?”

 

Wendy shook her head at that and pulled the girl up, “Just go ahead and do your morning routines, Kang Seulgi.”

 

With a grin that made her eyes disappear into crescents, Seulgi mocked a salute at the shorter girl with an, “Aye aye, Captain Son,” before sauntering away.

 

Wendy is left smiling at the door where Seulgi exited, the same smile dropping at the thought that she won’t be seeing that goofy smile of the Kang for a few days.

 

She knows it’s just for a few days, okay? Call her emotional and whatnot. But she’s grown attached to the girl and the rest of the members that she developed this sort of phobia of being away from them.

 

For one, they have been doing things for the past four years together. The five of them developed a sense of dynamic that every member know now by heart. Wendy is one of the most obsessed with this dynamic. Like, their leader’s attentiveness and mother tendencies of looking out for every member puts her at ease. Joy and Yeri’s constant bickering and shenanigans, however annoying and wild they may sometimes get, make her heart flutter.

 

And Seulgi…

 

The girl is her pillar of support. Her self-proclaimed number one fan. Wendy can never live a day without the girl’s encouraging eye smile and soft Seungwan-ah.

 

So yes, while this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a collab with John Legend, the award-winning John Legend Wendy has looked up to since she can remember, she can’t help but feel sad and nervous and uneasy to do this overwhelming project all by herself.

 

A ding of her phone brought her out of her thoughts. Their manager had texted her that they’re on their way and she should be ready. Good gracious. When can she ever be ready for something as HUGE as a collaboration with John Legend.

 

“Stop it.”

 

She turned her head at the sound of the voice. Seulgi is now back, looking as refreshed as ever. The girl is walking towards her with a slight pout of those sinful lips of hers.

 

“Stop what?”

 

Soft, padded fingers soon met the creased skin on Wendy’s forehead, smoothing it back as gentle as Seulgi can.

 

“That,” the bear said softly, “A little birdie told me that it develops wrinkles and wrinkles do not suit your pretty face.”

 

A blush started creeping at Wendy’s face from her member’s words but she fought it off with a light slap on Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“Eyyy. It’s just that manager oppa is on his way,” Wendy subtly looked around, “I’m just worried if I packed everything already.”

 

At that, Seulgi’s ears perked up and she started scanning the room with the shorter girl.

 

“Check your bag. I’d help you,” she instructed. She knows how much her roommate would pack junks instead of the essentials. They’d be miles away from each other and Wendy could not possibly Kakaotalk anyone of them to bring her abandoned belongings…to L.A.

 

“Wallet?”

 

Wendy shuffles inside her purse, “In here.”

 

“Phone?”

 

“Check.”

 

“Earphones?”

 

“Already here.”

 

“Hmm. How about that journal you always bring when we go abroad?”

 

More shuffling, “Yep. It’s in here,” Wendy nodded her head, “I think I’m all set.”

 

“Huh. I think you’re forgetting something,” the other girl in the room replied.

 

Confused, Wendy let out a curious hum and started digging through her bag once again.

 

“Eh? I’m pretty sure I’ve packed every—“

 

Whatever Wendy was about to say was swallowed by a soft pair of lips that engulfed her chapped ones in a searing kiss, making Wendy gasp for air. Because right, she’s talking about…cheesus freaking fried, Kang Seulgi!

 

Wendy, for the life of her, cannot stop from letting out a muffled moan when instead of pulling away, Seulgi angled her head to deepen the kiss, pulling Wendy by her hips so that no space is left between them. It was second nature for the shorter girl to tangle her fingers through the girl’s tresses, eliciting her much desired sound because she knows how much Seulgi goes crazy when she does that.

 

The sound of their lips battling for dominance resonated in their shared room. Wendy just showered but she feels so hot all of a sudden (Seulgi’s minty taste is not helping her to cool down at all.)

 

The bear, for her part, could not contain herself. She won’t be seeing this dork of a girl for a few days and she knows it’s just a few days but can you blame her?

 

She may or may not had developed this kind of dependence towards Wendy. Their members and the fans are not alien to this. It was even them who enlightened the ever dense Kang Seulgi about it. But they will never know (and she will never admit it out loud) how profound this dependency on Wendy had grown.

 

Like, her tiredness would dissipate into thin air if she’d simply find the girl in their room after her day long schedule of individual activities. Or that she would just be sneezing and her cheeks would taint pink when Wendy would immediately scramble by her side, medicine and water on hands. She will never admit it but she likes it very damn much when Wendy’s attention is focused on her.

 

The said girl is panting under Seulgi’s mercy and she cannot stop herself from lowering her kisses from Wendy’s lips down to that flexing neck she could worship right then and there.

 

“Ssseul..” the shorter girl whimpered, her hands tugging Seulgi’s hair as she tilted her head for a better angle “KangSsseul..”

 

Goddammit.

 

How can Seulgi stop herself from taking Wendy right in the middle of their room when she just had to call her that with her favorite raspy, lust-filled voice?

 

“Fudge..” Seulgi whispered, “Is there any way that SM would tell John Legend to fly here to South Korea instead of you flying to LA if I ask them nicely?”

 

This made Wendy’s face split into a full blown grin because 1) Seulgi is stupid to believe that SM will throw away a big investment to do a collab with someone as expensive as John freaking Legend because she will ask them nicely, 2) Wendy is actually considering the idea and 3) Kang Seulgi is a ing idiot and Wendy is deeply in love with her.

 

“You think it’s worth the shot?” she played along at her antics.

 

The heavy atmosphere of getting it on before Wendy leaves immediately dissipated into thin air as the latter found herself being pressed up against Seulgi’s front, her strong arms draped around Wendy’s waist, refusing to let her go. For her part, the Canadian rested her lips on the taller girl’s exposed collarbone uncovered by her shirt, peppering it with tender pecks as her fingers found the baby hairs behind Seulgi’s neck, toying with it as they speak.

 

“Uh-mmm,” the bear nodded cutely, “I mean, Lee Soo Man sajangnim gave me one life card for the last favor I did for him. He said I can use it any time if the situation calls. Now could be the right time.”

 

Wendy could only hug the taller girl tighter at that, burrowing her face deeper at the crook of Seulgi’s neck so that the girl’s scent would imprint in her mind, if it hasn’t already.

 

“Nah. It’s just a few days anyway, Seulgi-yah,” Wendy murmured, “I’ll be back before you could even miss me.”

 

This earned an even tighter hug from Seulgi and Wendy is trying her best not to shed a tear because duh, this isn’t the first time she’d be away anyway. She’d been to personal trips without Seulgi. However, this is the first time she’d be away from the girl since the both of them had properly recognized their attraction for each other. Perhaps it is that factor that made this parting a little more difficult.

 

Seulgi must have felt her emotional dilemma because the girl reluctantly pulled away. Her sad eyes despite the big grin she’s donning made an impression on Wendy that Seulgi’s just as trying hard of containing her emotion as she is.

 

“Okay then. It’s just a few days right?”

 

“Of course,” Wendy smiled, tinge of longing slowly covering her eyes that went unnoticed by Seulgi, “Just a few days time and I’ll be back annoying your y , KangSsseul..”

 

“Pfft. You love my y .”

 

“I mean.. deeyym it got thiccer, man. What have I been feeding you these days?”

 

“YAH SON SEUNGWAN!”

 

That morning, Seulgi did not send Wendy off. She stayed inside their shared room as she listened to the sound of her members saying goodbye to the girl with Come back with John Legend’s babies! and Yah Kim Yerim! Where the hell did you know things like that?!

 

And it’s not because of the Wendy’s silent plea of not saying goodbye as a tear or two rolled down her cheeks when she planted one last kiss on Seulgi’s lips.

 

Absolutely not.

 

***

 

A/N: This is me and my failed attempt of promoting Written In The Stars that is out on Oct. 19 BECAUSE SOMEONE SERIOUSLY DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY DO IT (yes SM, I’m talking to you)

 

Ok bye. Stan Red Velvet.