roomates

roomates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

based on a prompt i read somewhere where character a and b fight because character b can't stand to see character a falling for someone else.  please leave comments im begging. also, i wrote this because ive just been so stressed about everything these past few days and needed an outlet sorry if its not proofread and ugly.

 

 

 

 

it isn't easy being lisa manoban's roomate. 

 

 

she's messy and lazy and never helps you out with the laundry. she throws the leftovers straight in the trashcan and never cleans the dishes unless she has to. she's loud and energetic and too damn noisy especially when you're studying. she brings friends over despite you telling her an hour prior that you're walking on a research paper. she steals clothes when she thinks you arent looking and her hair clogs up the shower every morning. she's a nightmare. she's a nightmare but you love her anyway. 

 

 

well, atleast you think you do. 

 

 

you only realized you loved her when she starts talking about some guy named jungkook. a friend of chaeyoung's she had said. she looked so happy, doe eyes twinkling everytime she gushed about him. you've never seen her that happy about a guy before. sure she's had her fair share of men in the past but jungkook was.. different, jennie knew that from the start. 

 

 

 

you want to hate him but you can't because jungkook is soft spoken, well-mannered, polite. he likes to read and sometimes he reads lisa  poems out loud. when you study and lisa's just there, dancing to her beyonce music, he reminds her to keep the volume down, when he comes over for dinner, he makes sure that the whole table is clean before getting up.  he and lisa are polar opposites but he's the only one who calms her down. the yin to her yang. 

 

 

you hate it. you hate it because he's everything you'll never be. 

 

 

 

 

there's a sting whenever you see them beingdomestic. when he cooks and she cleans, they look like a married couple and sometimes you cant help but wonder if you and lisa looked like that too. now, during the rare times that lisa helps you out in the kitchen, you can't help but think how easy this would be with her. you'd cook because lisa would end up burning the house down if she helped, and lisa would sit on the counter and look at you with loving eyes and-

 

 

thats usually the part where she stops daydreaming because it hurts too much to think about it.

 

 

you hate that you realized too late, hates how much time you've lost. all the qualities that you thought she hated about her, you'd  grown to love them all. 

 

 

 

just like jungkook had. 

 

 

 

 

he comes over the night before you last final exam for the first semester. you've been nothing but stressed the whole week, trying to make deadlines, coordinating things with your groupmates who were about as useful as a rock, you're exhausted and under pressure and jungkook and lisa's laughter weren't helping in the slightest. 

 

 

you're having a bad day and you just want to finish this stupid chapter and sleep but the noise is magnified by your sleep deprivation and it makes your headache worse and you just, you can't do this anymore. 

 

 

 

when he leaves and lisa is sprawled on the couch watching tv you walk up to her, not really knowing what to say, just letting your feeliings do the talking. 

 

 

"stop inviting him over."

 

 

 

it's quick, staight to the point and not what lisa wants to hear at 2 in the morning. the thai girl raises a brow, sitting up properly as she looks at you in confusion. 

 

 

"what?" 

 

 

"i said stop inviting him over. i've kept my mouth shut for the longest time but i've had enough. i've barely gotten any sleep these past few days and now i can't study because you and him are constantly distracting me so stop inviting him over." its a lie and you know it. the only time you're ever distracted when jungkook is around is when his arms snake across lisa's waist. when he kisses her on the cheek and she laughs like a schoolgirl. you hate how you're lying to her but the words come out before you can ocntrol them. 

 

 

lisa looks at you with an unreadable expression. 

 

 

"jen what's going on? are you having problems?" she says it so softly you almost break down. of course lisa sees through you, she always could. 

 

"i-" you're getting too overwhelmed. your heart starts racing and your palms sweat and your train of thought crashes and burns. if you dont say anything now you know you're going to cry. "lisa i want him gone. he's annoying and he's always here. every single day he's here and it annoys me. you both are too loud and i can't study and, and-"

 

you see lisa getting hurt with every word

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter