Run..

Run

Dowoon had his headphones in his ears like he always did on his way home. It was particularly late this time around. He had never stayed at the studio this late. Something was off about his drumming and he wanted it perfect. His hyungs had all went home hours ago. Even now, he practiced the song, pretending to play invisible drums. The song he was listening to suddenly crackled to a stop, instead replaced with white noise.

 

“Ah seriously. I need new headphones. This happens way too often now.” He cursed to himself, putting his headphones away in his pocket and continuing on his way. His skin started to prickle with the feeling of being watched. He blamed it on it being so late.

 

As he walked under a street light, the bulb exploded, causing shards to rain down on him. Jumping back at both the sound and the cuts on his arms and head, he put a hand over his hammering heart. Fear slowly started to creep into his veins.

 

His pace began to speed up. The air suddenly got thicker with his unease. He needed to get home. He’d be safe there. Hell, he’ll have to sleep with the lights on after this. 

 

Turning the corner, he thought he could hear someone walking behind him, but he was too scared to look back to check. Suddenly, a sound caused him to slow to a stop. 

 

A girl. Crying.

 

Looking around, he saw her crumpled next to a wall across the street. All the horror cliches came to his mind. 

 

“Oh come on, Dowoon. This is real life.” He scolded himself, but still bit his bottom lip and hesitated to walk across the street.

 

“Miss?” He slowly walks across the road, she doesn’t seem to notice him. The cuts he got from the lightbulb start to burn.

 

“Are you okay?” He glances down at his arms and sees the cuts look more like claw marks. Gasping, he looks back at the light and sees the bulb is fine and is flickering. 

 

The crying stops. He looks back to the girl and sees she’s gone. His heart starts racing even faster. He runs across the street and keeps running towards the dorm. 

 

“Run, run, I’ll still catch you.” Her voice seems to come from all directions.

 

“Run, run, you’ll never get away.” He runs faster.

 

“Run, run, your heart tastes better full of fear.” He sees the dorm.

 

“Run, run, I’ve got you in my grip.” Her voice is getting closer.

 

“Run, run, y̷̧̮͍̭̭̣̩̬͎̪̦̺̤̫̣̥͚̻̣̯̭͎̐̏͗̓̓̎̊͗͑̃̑͌͌̋͑̕͝͠͝ô̵̧̗̖̱̣̭̫̺̟̣̝͎̖̟̱͈̮̫̺͍̼̾̊͗̏̅̾̾͠͝ͅū̶̗̘͇̖’̶̧̡̮̘͔̪̩̤̠̪̯̝͈͍̩̈̽̂͛̅́͒̆̌̇̐̓̒͑̈̉̋̂̄̆͝r̸̺̳͔̮͔͉̹̹͙̠̣̗͉̣̘͋͒͛̿̉͛͛̏̿͌͂̀̽͘͝ę̶̩͍͕͈̪̬͕͔̟́͊̽̊̆̉̀̋͊̈̀̓̂̇̽̀̌̄̿̋̕͠ͅ ̴̢͙̱̼̲͔̫͖̗̲̺͔̤̞̠̗̫̤͍̯͍͈͈͆̽̒̽̚͜m̶̢̡̡̨̟̟̞̘̭̩̠͕̬̼͚̼̹̬͇̰̩̫̖̿͊͂̇̾̾̊̅̽̈̋͊͒̆̈́̋͋̂͆̾̂̾̈́͜i̷̢̛̬͎̮̹̩̮̯̖̰͆̅̂̇̈́̂̊͛͌͛͑͗̀̉̐̉̈́̃͂̕̕̕̚n̷̢̛̝̻̯̦̳̑́͐́̈̈́̏̀̄͛̾̈́͌̊̅̐̅̆͛͐̏̚̕ͅę̵̧̡̝͚͉̱̘̞̳̣͈̘͎͔̙̅͊̃̎̓̃͒͜ͅ.” Claws dug into his back.

 

 

“Did you hear that?” Jae asks Wonpil, “It sounded like a scream.”

 

“I didn’t hear anything.”

 

“Hmm.. Dowoon should be home by now right?” Jae looks out the window.

 

“I think he’s staying at the studio tonight.”

 

“Ah really?”

 

 

 

A girl and a boy stare up at the man looking out the window. Both covered in blood. Both waiting...waiting for their next prey.