[2] Kaljebi

Coffee

The little white specks started to fall from the sky, filling the streets with tiny sparkles, some finding their way to the glass windows and sliding down them, painting a new winter wonderland for the next few months.  

The cup was only left with a ring at the bottom, the crumbs of the cheesecake were scattered around the quadrilateral plate. The raven haired girl soon immersed herself in the world of numbers and words, searching her way to the key. formed an oval, and a soft yawn escaped, she leaned backwards and stretched her arms out. 

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her back, sent a thrill down her spine. She turns around, shooting a glare to the person.

"Woah, woah, calm down. You seemed as if someone disturbed your slumber." The taller brunette girl joked as she hugged her a brown tray close to her chest, the girl had a beige apron on, and a high bun to complete her flawless look. It was incredibly brown, I must say.

"You kinda did." Joohyun deadpans, controlling the urge to roll her eyes at the older one.

"Haha, but on the serious note, are you free on Christmas? I mean you should be free seeing that— Ouch, why did you hit me for?"

"You deserved it." 

"Ehem. Anyways, I have a party then, do you want to go?" The brunette haired girl looked at Joohyun with hopeful eyes. 

"Okay, I guess... If you say so." Joohyun replied before going back to her notes.

The brunette haired girl slid the plate and cup onto the tray, stealing a glance at the hardworking 'child' next to her before returning to the back of the counter.

Carefully, she reached for her bag and slid out a grey cover. She ped the cover and took out the moderately heavy laptop out. Upon pressing the button, intense light from her computer made her eyes feel as if someone boxed her. She deep breath and rubbed her weary eyes. The raven haired girl started to type away, matching with the fallen flakes on the ground. On the top of the excel sheet, a bold 'Expences' was written on it and she opened multiple tabs from her photos. The only thing she could her was her rhythmic typing and the mumbled voices of the ever so lively café. 

Slowly, the voices in the café died down and it soon became whisphers. The light blue sky has been painted into navy blue and the neon lights across the café begin to light up. She could feel her neck aching as she massaged it. Closing the cover of her laptop lightly, she put her laptop back into the same old grey pouch, she bowed to the dear owner and took a deep breath before heading out to the cold street.

Joohyun cups her hands around , ever blowing so gently, a small, white cloud slipped through her tiny fingers. 

I guess the weather is about to get even colder.

She huddled into her trusty coat, taking small steps along the pavement. The streets is filled with glimmering lights, to build the lovely Christmas Spirit just a month before it happens. Sadly, the tiny flakes of snow had already melted and disappeared. For someone who hates the cold, there is something mesmerising about snow, maybe it is the way it falls down. Sometimes zillions of snowflakes were dancing in perfect synchronization, thudding against the grounds and architectures at exactly the same angles and speeds perhaps make it seem so satisfying. It looks like rain yet it is something of its own. 

The little raven girl hurried her steps to escape the freezing weather. She came across a HomePlus supermarket, and you will know the rest... 

In a few minutes later, petit girl was seen dashing out of a supermarket clutching multiple bags in her baby hands.
---------

"Click." the lock shouted upon her arrival.
Another click and she closed herself into her abode. Joohyun walked towards her heater and presssed the on button. After keeping all of the fresh products into their respective positions, she slowly changed into a clean set of pajamas, pajamas with a faint smell of lavender.

Heat slowly crept to the raven haired girl from the blue fire underneath a sliver pot. Carefully, she unwraps a dough, delicately uses a medium sized knife, cuts off a few pieces which falls into the bubbling pot. She picks up a bundle of spring onions and let them join with the chopped noodles. As she waited the noodles to boil, she connected her chromecast to her Samsung televison. A new video was posted from SMake YouTube, where a lively young looking girl and a gingerbread haired girl covered Sunmi Gashina. 

It's really comfortable watching these videos, to watch people doing things she knows she will never able to do. She heads back to the kitchen. Warm, homey food fills her up, oh Kaljebi...

Patting her full stomach lightly, she rubbed her sore eyes. Videos continued to fill the room while she drifted off to dreamland.

"Good night, mom."