fin.

The Only One

 

The Only One

Author's Note : Another rewritten piece. Listen to this while you're reading. Have fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWMfnJSbJY


 

“Let’s run away. Just for tonight.”

 

It only took that to make Mo Han threw all her rationality behind, along with her life.

 

Just for a night.

 

They needed to make the most out of the time that was given to them, before they were told to snap out of their fairytale and return to reality.

 

Funny actually, on how the company urges them to act out the fantasies created by their fans in public and keep all the CPs alive to rake in more profits and when one of them could not distinguish the boundary anymore between what was real and what was not, it was the company itself that told them to break it off.

 

Saying that same- love – or just the concept of them dating anyone as a matter of fact, wouldn’t do any good to their image, moreover for the company that had went through a lot of .

 

“Momo?”

 

Mo Han slowly snapped out of her thoughts the moment she heard Dai Meng speaking out to her, breaking the silence in the car. Mo Han could see the way the younger girl looked at her, eyes filled with worry and Dai Meng slowly slipped her free hand to hold Mo Han’s, giving it a gentle squeeze.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Stop worrying, you wouldn’t want any wrinkle to form on your pretty face,” Dai Meng tried to lighten up the mood by teasing the older girl. She would always know what to say to make Mo Han smile.

 

“You should be the one to stop making the weird faces,” Mo Han scrunched her nose in return and raised Dai Meng’s hand that was intertwined with hers, pretending to bite it.

 

“Hey hey, we’re still on the road,” Dai Meng decided to play along and gasped.

 

“I’m going to eat your hand,” Mo Han grinned, sticking out her tongue like a little child.

 

A child, that’s what Mo Han is. Despite of the tough front that she had been putting up in front of others – especially in front of her juniors, Mo Han is deep down a six year old who just craves for affection and Dai Meng was glad to be the one who gave it to her the most.

 

Luoluo had asked her a question before, on what made her to fall for Mo Han and all she gave out in a return is a shy smile.

 

Saying that it’s a secret that she would keep to her grave.

 

Because if she were to tell anyone else about it, she was afraid for them to become infatuated by Mo Han, like how she is right now.

 

“Momo, at this rate we might be getting into an accident,” she laughed. “Do you want to die young with me?”

 

“That would be nice,” Mo Han paused after muttering to herself and although Dai Meng manages to catch what Mo Han was saying – fully aware of the meaning behind her words, the younger girl only shrugged it off.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing,” Mo Han slowly shook her head and was about to release her grip of Dai Meng’s hand but Dai Meng was quick enough to prevent her from doing so by tightening her hold of Mo Han’s hand.

 

“Who says that you can let go of my hand?” Dai Meng quirked a brow. “Your hand is mine for the rest of the night.”

 

Mo Han blinked for a few times and as soon as she registered what the younger girl was saying to her, Mo Han immediately hit Dai Meng’s shoulder lightly with a pout. “Just my hand? What about the rest of me?”

 

“Hmm, that depends on what we’re planning on to do tonight,” Dai Meng winked, earning a blush from Mo Han.

 

“ert.”

 

“Come on now, it’s been a while since we’ve done it.”

 

“We’ll see if you behave later on.”

 

“I always do though!”

 

“Yeah right,” Mo Han snorted.

 

It didn’t take long for them eventually reach their destination and Mo Han’s expression immediately lit up as she stuck her head out of the car to catch a sight of the dim lighted villa situated nearby the beach.

 

The villa had climbed to be one of their favorite holiday spots and the last time they actually went there, it was packed with couples and families wanting to enjoy the full experience of summer. They did manage to have a good time as well nevertheless and Mo Han had wanted to return there ever since, but their schedules clashing against each other’s prevented them from doing so. “Hey, do we get the place to our own?”

 

“Yeah. When I was booking a room for us, Liu Jie told me that we were the only guests so far,” Dai Meng laughed and went to open the door for her girlfriend, taking Mo Han’s hand into hers. “I do want to reserve the whole place exclusively for us but I’m afraid I don’t have the money to do so.”

 

“It’s fine, this is already good enough,” Mo Han giggled and leaned in give a peck on Dai Meng’s cheek. The two then made their way into the villa, as soon as they took out their things from the car and was immediately greeted by one of the staffs – Liu Jie, whom they had gotten familiar with during their stay before.

 

“Oh, you girls are here,” Liu Jie smiled at the sight of the couple. “I’ve got your room ready.”

 

“Thank you so much Jie,” Dai Meng returned the smile with one of her own. “Are you working alone tonight?”

 

“Well, I’m working with another person actually. But she’s on her break now so I’m all alone here,” she nodded. “There aren’t a lot of customers during this season so we decided to only have a couple of staffs around,” Liu Jie scratched her nape. “You know, to cut the costs and stuff.”

 

“Ah, got it. Can you show us our room then?”

 

 

Mo Han was tackled onto their king-sized bed the second the two were left alone to settle down in their room and she was of course taken back by surprise by Dai Meng. “Hey.”

 

“What? Am I not allowed to do that?” Dai Meng pretended to blink in innocence for a few times, earning a flick on the forehead from Mo Han.

 

“Get off me this instance Dai Meng.”

 

“Oh? What will you do if I won’t?”

 

“You’ll be sleeping on the floor,” Mo Han replied flatly.

 

“Oh no,” Dai Meng quickly rolled off Mo Han, accompanied by Mo Han’s very own laughter.

 

“I know that will make you listen.”

 

“Such a mean girlfriend, you know that I don’t like sleeping on my own,” Dai Meng sulked and turned her back against Mo Han. The latter only chuckled in reply, scooting closer to Dai Meng’s figure before wrapping her arms around Dai Meng’s waist.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

“No.”

 

“Well, clearly you are mad…” Mo Han said with a hint of cuteness in her voice, snuggling against Dai Meng’s back. Dai Meng had to try her best not to succumb to her girlfriend. “I love you.”

 

Dai Meng really did, but when Mo Han said those three words she just couldn’t contain her smile and turned to face Mo Han once again.

 

“Say that again.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Again.”

 

“I love you Dai Meng,” Mo Han looked up to her with a smile and quickly stole a kiss from Dai Meng.

 

“Who told you to kiss me?” Dai Meng pretended to gasp in surprise. “You need to say I love you again to pay for it.”

 

“I didn’t even kiss you earlier and you still told me to say that!”

 

“That’s because you were being mean earlier.”

 

“Such a silly woman,” Mo Han heaved a sigh, shaking her head with a smile nevertheless. “I love you.”

 

 

“I can’t sleep.”

 

“Me too,” Mo Han nodded and slowly pulled away from Dai Meng, clutching onto her stomach the moment a growl escaped from her stomach.

 

“We should’ve eaten before we left earlier,” Dai Meng smiled sheepishly. “Shall we ask Liu Jie whether they have any cup ramen?”

 

Mo Han immediately perked up upon Dai Meng mentioning the word ramen. “Yes please!”

 

“In that case, let’s eat outside on the beach. It would be more romantic that way,” Dai Meng wiggled her brows and hurriedly rolled off the bed, putting on her sneakers with Mo Han following suit.

 

“Since when were you a romantic person?” Mo Han laughed, looping an arm around Dai Meng’s.

 

“Ever since I met Mo Han.”

 

“Lies. You were an oblivious person back then, you know,” Mo Han snorted at the memories of the two of them at the denial stage, where none of them refuses to admit that they had a crush on each other and it took much longer for Dai Meng to realize her feelings, in comparison to when Mo Han first acknowledged it.

 

“What does being oblivious have to do with being romantic?” Dai Meng retorted with a grin, leading the way downstairs where Liu Jie was seated at the counter, looking a bit sleepy and surprised to see that the couple was still awake.

 

“Is there any problem?”

 

“Well, we’re kind of starving actually Jie. Do you have any cup ramen?”

 

Liu Jie flinched a little and frowned. “Cup ramen? That thing is unhealthy for you. Moreover, you’re eating it at this hour?”

 

“Pretty please Jie?”

 

Liu Jie slowly gave in, seeing the two looking at her in a hopeful manner. “Fine then.”

 

 

“Let’s take that spot over there,” Dai Meng eagerly dragged her girlfriend towards the spot near the rocks, a particular favorite of her whenever she visits the beach.

 

“What’s the rush?” Mo Han chuckled and immediately sat next to Dai Meng the moment the younger girl sat on the sand.

 

“I’m hungry.”

 

“Be careful now. You wouldn’t want to get your tongue-“ Mo Han didn’t even get to finish her sentence when Dai Meng shove some of the noodles into – only to wince in pain and almost threw up her noodles but she somewhat manages to swallow them. “…Burnt. You never listen, do you?” Mo Han clicked her tongue and motioned Dai Meng to come to her. “Come here.”

 

“It hurts,” Dai Meng whimpered, scooting closer to Mo Han nevertheless.

 

“Serves you right,” Mo Han snickered and blew on her noodles, making sure that it was cooled down before carefully feeding Dai Meng. “Let me feed you instead.”

 

“You will?” Dai Meng beamed and chewed on her noodles.

 

“Yes you big baby.”

 

“Awesome, you’re the best girlfriend ever!”

 

 

“I’m full,” Dai Meng patted her stomach with a satisfied smile, Mo Han on the other hand sulking a bit since Dai Meng ended up eating most of her ramen in the end too.

 

“Of course you are, you also ate my ramen.”

 

“Don’t be mad now,” Dai Meng cooed to her, pulling Mo Han to sit on her lap before hugging her tightly.

 

“I don’t like you.”

 

“You don’t?”

 

“…Well, I do,” Mo Han replied shortly afterwards.

 

“That’s my girl,” Dai Meng laughed and rested her chin on Mo Han’s shoulder, staring into a distance. For some reason, the sea seems to be more beautiful that night and with Mo Han in her arms, everything felt so perfect to her.

 

It was sad really, that it was going to be her last trip with Mo Han – as lovers.

 

She knew that Mo Han was having the exact same thoughts in her head but Dai Meng refuses to talk about it, at least not at the moment.

 

The two were enjoying the silence between them for a while, basking themselves under the moonlight, accompanied by the sound of the sea washing up against the shore and it was Mo Han who broke the silence first.

 

“Say, sing a song for me. Something that we will remember for a long time.”

 

Dai Meng thought for a moment, before answering Mo Han and clearing . “Alright then.”

 

 

“The rainy season will always forget to leave

And make the flowers fall every time

We quarrel and then hug and love each other

I remember when I’m lonely

Your gentleness makes my heart beat,”

 

 

Mo Han rested her head against Dai Meng’s shoulder, listening intently at the younger girl singing for her. She tried to hold back her tears at the thought of that trip being the last one they would ever go on together.

 

As lovers.

 

 

“The love I want, only exists on you

If not you, I won’t cry and laugh like a child

It’s not easy to be together,”

 

 

Dai Meng swallowed the huge lump in as she continued the song.

 

 

“The love you give me makes me want to rely on you

Relying on you, I can be braver

Because of you, I believe that love exists.”

 

 

Dai Meng took in a deep breath as soon as she finished her song.

 

Perhaps, this is the perfect time to do what she came to the place for. Dai Meng gently lifted the older girl off her lap before getting on her knee in front of her. Mo Han only stared at the girl in confusion, but soon got the hint when she saw the way Dai Meng was looking at her and taking Mo Han’s hand into hers.

 

“Mo Han. Although I couldn’t say all the words you would like to hear, it’s true that I want to be a part of the future that you dream of,” Dai Meng paused and slowly pulled out a ring from her pocket, reaching out for Mo Han’s hand before slipping the ring into her finger.

 

Mo Han’s lips started to quiver, tears starting to swell up. “I’ve always wanted someone to propose to me like this.”

 

“I didn’t think I was going to propose like this though,” Dai Meng chuckled bitterly and that was all it took for the tears to fall from Mo Han. The emotions were just too much for her to contain that night and all Dai Meng could do was just smile as she gently wiped Mo Han’s cheeks with the back of her hand.

 

“Why are you crying?"

 

“I’m perfectly happy,” Mo Han croaked out and she could feel the air almost choking out of her, even before she gets to say the words to Dai Meng.

 

The words that will surely hurt.

 

“Dai Meng.”

 

“Yes Momo?”

 

“Dai Meng.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“It’s time for us to wake up from our dream.”