Final

I'm not a kid anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not a kid anymore

Characters : Yoon Sanha, Cha Eunwoo, Jinjin & Moonbin

 

 

Sanha was full of energy. He wanted to run or just practice his dance move, but he had classes all day.
When we came back home that evening, he was a bit more hyper than usual.

“Hyungs! I'm hungry~ What are you cooking?” Sanha was poking Jinjin's chest, in the kitchen.

The oldest was trying his best to stay neutral but Sanha was really playing on his nerves.

“I know you are hungry. The food will be ready soon. I told you already.” Jinjin's voice was less patient than minutes ago.
“But hyung. Can't you cook faster? Hm? And I want it to be spicy. Like. Reallllllly spicy.” Sanha put his chin on Jinjin's shoulder, looking at the food and poking his stomach.

He quickly moved, frowning at the kid.

“Yah, just let me do the cooking or you won't eat anything.”
“Aish, you are no fun today. Nojam!”

Jinjin closed his eyes. He had enough. He was tired, he needed help from someone. He knew Eunwoo was in the living room studying his next TV show script.

“Eunwoo-ah!” He shouted, while Sanha was still running around him.
As there was no answer, he shouted louder and less patiently. “EUNWOO-AH!”

A noise came from the living room and few seconds later, Eunwoo appeared in the kitchen.

“Ne?”

He seemed tired, but he was still smiling.

“Can you take care of Sanha please.”

Sanha pushed Jinjin, pouting. “I'm not a baby, I don't need a babysitter.”

Jinjin closed his eyes, trying to stay neutral. Eunwoo chuckled, understanding perfectly how Jinjin was feeling.
Sometimes, Sanha had too much energy. And sometimes, he was detestable.

“Sanha~ wanna play video games with me?” Said Eunwoo while smiling.

Usually, Sanha would pout because it was obvious Eunwoo was trying to take care of him. But let's be honest, it was Eunwoo. And Sanha would do anything to be with that angelic face.
He poked Jinjin one last time and sprinted to the living room. Jinjin sighed and thanked Eunwoo, who was giggling.
When Eunwoo went back to the living room, he found Sanha already sitting next to his spot. He was looking at him with the biggest smile ever.

“What shall we play?” Asked Eunwoo while sitting next to his friend.

He started their gaming console and took his controler.

“A fighting game!” Shouted Sanha.
“Of course, you want a fighting game. How about this one?” Eunwoo was showing an old arcade game. Sanha pushed his friend.
“Ani. Of course, you'll want to play an old game, you are so ol-”

Sanha stopped talking and looked at his friend. Eunwoo wasn't looking. Maybe he wasn't listening? Sanha bit his tongue. He had to be careful. He might be over excited because he had too much energy, but he didn't want to say bad thing to his hyung.

“Let's just play this one instead.” Sanha choose another game.
“Is it okay with you hyung?” He asked while looking at his friend.
“Hmm... I don't know, maybe I'm too old to understand how it works...” Eunwoo looked at him seriously.

Sanha's eyes became bigger and shocked. Oh no — he understood.
His friend started to chuckled loudly and pushed him softly.

“I'm joking pabo-ah~”

Sanha smiked softly while he realized his friend really didn't mind he called him old. Maybe he could worry less about what come out of his mouth then?

“Sorry, I don't get old people joke.” Sanha laughed loudly.
“Mianae. I can't understand baby's words.”

Sanha pushed his friend. Both laughed more and more. Eunwoo's laugh was adorable to Sanha's ear. He wished he could hear it all the time.

“Okay, lets chose our character.” Eunwoo tried to focus on the game.

Sanha took the biggest character and the ugliest. Eunwoo took a while and finally choose a girl fighter.

“Hyung, really?”
“What?”
“You can't choose a character cute like that.”

Eunwoo smiled.

“I thought you chose the character that looked like you — I just did the same.”

Sanha faked being shocked as Eunwoo was laughing more.

“Are you saying I'm ugly like him?” He shouted.
“Maybe!” Eunwoo knew Sanha would react quickly, so he hide his face with his hands.

Sanha got up and tried to take Eunwoo's hands. He didn't know why. He just wanted to have a little fight with him.
Both were chuckling as they moved around on the couch, fighting gently. After a while, they felt on the floor, Eunwoo on the top of Sanha.
The younger was stronger than the older, but he felt trapped, as his wrists were stuck under Eunwoo's strong hands.
Both were panting because of the fight. Sanha suddenly felt that Eunwoo was dangerously close to him.
Like he could kiss him right now.
He quickly blushed to this idea, and looked away from his friend.

“Just let me go hyung.”

Eunwoo was still playing around with him, smiling like a kid.

“Ani. Not before you tell me you look like him and I look like my character.”

Sanha tried to moved away but he was seriously struggling.

“Aiiiishhhhh... I'm ugly like that monster. Okay?” He tried to moved away but Eunwoo was smiling even more.
“Ani. What about me?”

Sanha looked at Eunwoo. His heart was racing a lot more than usual. He felt shy. How can he say to Eunwoo he is beautiful like that character?
He somehow gained his strength back and pushed him away. Eunwoo stayed on the floor, surprised.
Sanha stood up and wanted to run to his room. But that would be worst, right? So he acted like he usually did. He joked around.

“I can't lie and say you are as beautiful as her. I'm not a liar, hyung.”

Eunwoo frowned, then chuckled.

“You're such a brat.”
“Look who's talking!”
“Be respectful to your hyung, Sanha.”

The youngest wasn't sure if he was joking around or not. At least, he wasn't feeling as shy and blushing as few minutes ago.

“Mianae.” He finally said as Eunwoo was still serious.

His friend finally chuckled, took his controler and sat on the couch.

“I'll destroy you, Sanha.” Eunwoo said this with such a lovely voice that his friend had no choice but to find it funny.
“I'll kick your . I never lose with that game.”
“There is a first time to everything you know.”
“Good luck.”
“And when I'll win, you will need to say I am as beautiful as the character.”

Sanha frowned while blushing.

“No chance, I will win. And if I do, you need to do my homework for a week.”

Both played for a while, sometimes pushing each other to make the other lose. Sanha noticed that sometimes, his cheeks became warmer when Eunwoo touched him, and he wasn't sure why.
When Jinjin told them the food was ready, Eunwoo had won one more game than Sanha. The older smile at his friend, proud of himself.

“See, I told you I would win”

Sanha pouted, using his aegyo.

“If we had more time, I would have won. You know it.”
“Ani. I would have won more.”

Sanha stood up, ready to go eat. Eunwoo grab his wrist, smiling.

“Did you forget something?”

Sanha wished he had forgotten, but Eunwoo had such a good memory. He sighed.

“Aish... You... Hyung, you are as gorgeous and beautiful as her.” Sanha felt shy, but what made it even stranger is that Eunwoo had pink cheeks too.

Sanha thought he was dreaming for a moment. Why was Eunwoo blushing?
He didn't have the time to think because Jinjin asked them to put the table.
While doing so, Sanha became quiet. So many question were in his mind.

Why was he feeling shy around Eunwoo?
Why was it difficult to say he was gorgeous?
Why was Eunwoo blushing?
So many questions he wasn't able to answer.

“Sanha can you pass the salt?” Asked Jinjin, while putting the food on the table.

Sanha was lost in his thoughts and didn't understand him. He was putting the chopsticks and the spoons slowly on the table.

“Sanha?” Jinjin asked again before looking at Eunwoo.
“Yah, what did you do to him? Did you break him?”

Eunwoo chuckled.

“I'm not sure. He's acting a bit off today with me.”

Sanha looked at them, surprised. Was he acting different? He wasn't sure.

“I am not.” He answered.

Jinjin smiled.

“Good, you are back. Can you give me the salt now?”

Sanha took the salt and stop moving.
His thoughts were back. Eunwoo was strangely cute today. He was always a nice man but...
Sanha's eyes became bigger and he then blushed.
Eunwoo talked, starting to worry about the younger.

“Are you okay? Did something happened at school?”

He blinked. As he felt Eunwoo's eyes on him, he knew he was becoming red by the second.

He put the salt on the table and quickly walked to his room, closing the door behind him. Luckily, the others roommates were not here. He sat on his bed, then hid his eyes under his hands.

“No...” He sighed.

He should have notice.
He knew something was off when he went to movie with Eunwoo. The strange feeling he had wasn't because he had trouble with his stomach like he thought.
He knew something was off when he noticed he looked at Eunwoo more than usual, sometimes for no reason.
He knew something was off when he slowly became jealous of Moonbin, because they are always together.

Now that he think about it, it's pretty clear.
He winced even more.
The door opened, Eunwoo walked slowly inside.

“Do you mind if I come?” He asked silently.

Sanha hide himself again in his hands. Why was he so nice? He should let him alone.
He wasn't sure he was okay with this newly found crush.
As Eunwoo was still waiting next the door, Sanha finally said no with his head. Eunwoo closed the door and sat next to Sanha.

“So... What happened today?”

Sanha felt stuck. He can't tell him he has a crush on him. He's not even sure he wants to say that openly one day.

“Nothing.”
“Why are you lying to me? You know I am a good listener.”

Sanha bit his lips.

“Nothing bad happened, hyung.”

They stayed silent a moment.

“I noticed you are acting different with me for a while now.”

Sanha closed his eyes. He never realized he liked him before. How can he be so transparent?

“Is it because of me, then?” Asked Eunwoo, softly.

Sanha winced without thinking. His friend sighed.

“Whatever I did, I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.”

Sanha thought the discussion was becoming dangerous. So he started lying instead.

“It's okay. Thanks hyung.”
“Really? It feels like it went too well.”
“I'm really fine.”
“So it was because of me?”

Whatever — as long as he was able to talk about something else, he would say anything.

“Kinda.”
“Is it because I said you were ugly?”
“Hm-hm.”
“I didn't know you were so worried about your look. You are beautiful, Sanha. I was really only joking around.”

Sanha's heart started to race again. He felt his ears getting warmer.
Why were they talking about that again?

“So, hm... How was your day at school?”

He smiled at his friend, happy they could change the subject. He could talk about anything else with his hyung.

“Boring, as usual. This girl always bothers me. I don't know what to do anymore.”

Eunwoo smiled.

“A girl bothers you?”
“Ne... She always nags me and I'm tired of it.”
“Does she always talk to you and then when you try talk seriously — she jokes around and lie?”
“YES!”
“And she's always looked at you, but when you look at her, she acted like she's looking somewhere else?”
“Yes, that's so annoying hyung.”

He chuckled.

“You don't find her attractive?”

Sanha stayed still, while blushing lightly.

“What?”
“She acts like that because she likes you, pabo.”

I frowned.

“Ani. That's not possible. She's so different. We have no common interest.”
“So? You haven't answered my question. Do you find her attractive? I didn't ask you if you were soul mate or if you would release a single together.”

Sanha chuckled, then became serious. The girl was okay — he guessed. But his heart wasn't becoming crazy for her as much as...
Sanha gulped. He really had something for him. He was stuck. He was older and more cute than him. He had no chance. Plus — Eunwoo probably wasn't interested in guys.

“I think you like her. When you think about her like that, your eyes start to shine.”

Both stayed silent a moment, awkward. Eunwoo finally stood up and walked to the door.

“Let's go eat. Hyung is waiting for us.”
“Okay.”

The day went pretty quickly. At night, Sanha had trouble sleeping. All his thoughts and dreams were about Eunwoo. How he wished he liked him back, and how it was impossible.

Weeks passed. The feeling didn't go away. It seems to be worsening. His heart was now racing when he saw Eunwoo. Dancing was becoming more difficult and was taking all his energy.
Eunwoo seemed to be even more friendly to Moonbin than usual. Sanha tried to stay neutral, but he was becoming jealous fast.

One evening, Sanha was alone with Eunwoo in the dorm. Eunwoo was learning his script on the couch while the other played on his phone, on the floor.
Eunwoo put his script on the table and looked at his friend.

“Sanha, come here.”

The younger was still looking at his phone and didn't move at all.

“Sanha...”

He finally looked at his friend, and of course his heart started to race. Eunwoo had hair everywhere, which made him looked even more gorgeous than usual.

“Come here.”

Sanha moved slowly and sat on the couch too. Eunwoo smiled at him.

“How did it go with the girl?”

The younger frowned. What was she talking about?

“The girl, in your class. You know, the one whom like you.”
“Oh. I told her I was not interested and now she stopped bothering me.”

Eunwoo looked shocked. “What? Didn't you like her?”
“I never said I liked her. You thought that yourself.”

Sanha looked at his phone again, uninterested in the discussion.

“I thought we could celebrate together. I guess... I'll celebrate alone then.”

Sanha looked at Eunwoo, raising an eyebrow.

“Celebrating what exactly?”

Eunwoo blushed while smiling.

“I... I have a lover, Sanha.”

Sanha heart died instantly. He felt like it wasn't beating anymore. He had trouble hearing what Eunwoo was saying.

“I... I took my courage and I told h... the person — how I felt.”
“Oh.” Was all Sanha was able to say.

He wanted to go in his room and mourn alone. He felt like he could cry for hours. But he could't show it. Because Eunwoo was right in front of him.

“Am I bothering you? I feel like I do. Mianae. I can't say it to anybody else so... I thought at least I could talk about it with you.”

Sanha had to fake. He had to joke around. He could cry later. He ignored his heart, and put a mask as much as he could.

“I am happy for you.” He said, with a half-smile.
“Thanks Sanha. Coming from you it means a lot. Since you're my favorite dongsaeng.”
“I'm better be.”

Eunwoo smiled, amused.

“Well actually, if I think about it, you would be second after my lover.”
“So your girlfriend is younger? You better be a good Oppa."

Sanha noticed Eunwoo wincing.

“What?”
“It might be a shock to you Sanha. I hope you'll be fine with it.”

He frowned. Now he was stressed at what his friend was about to say.

“It's actually my boyfriend.”

Sanha waited for something special, then realized his friend just came out to him.

“Okay. So?”

Eunwoo smiled even more, then hug him.

“I knew you would be fine with it. Such a nice kid. Always stay like that okay?”

Sanha smiled while feeling shy because of the hug. Eunwoo might has a boyfriend, but it didn't change the fact that Sanha find him damn attractive.

When they went to sleep, Sanha cried silently. He could wish for the relationship to end — but he didn't want to see Eunwoo cry. He deserved happiness. Only happiness.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter