Prologue: New Beginnings

Eclipse

Kim Yongsun, 18 years old. She was a bright student who had just graduated days ago with good grades, mostly As and Bs. She had a bright future and is aspiring to become a famous singer. She even has a good boyfriend that was sure was the one she was going to marry. Sure her family wasn't the richest, but she had enough to get through college if she gets a part time job, and thankfully, she wasn't afraid of a little hard work. Everything in Yongsun's life was on the up and up and nothing was going to stop her.

"FINE!! I DON'T NEED YOU!!" Yongsun shouted into her phone as her now ex-boyfriend, Eric Nam broke off their 3 year relationship.

"JUST GO ERIC, NO NEED TO SAY SORRY. UGH" Yongsun screamed, hanging up 

"AHHHHHH!!" Yongsun screeched as she threw her phone on the bed, followed by throwing herself on the bed and ugly crying her face out.

"Stupid Eric, breaking up with me like we were nothing, AHHHH!!" Yongsun cried as she punched her pillow before sticking her face in it

Just then, Yongsun heard her door open, followed by the pitter-patter of a familiar miniature salt and pepper schnauzer breed dog, her dog, Jjing Jjing. Jjing Jjing jumped onto Yongsun's bed and cuddlde close to Yongsun. Yongsun looked at Jjing Jjing for a second and started crying even louder.

"AHHH, come here Jjing-ah. You love me right? Right?" Yongsun said, picking her dog up and cuddling her

The little dog just got up and walked away from her owner, not wanting to put up with her owners emotional baggage. Yongsun just pouted before lying down on her bed and ugly crying her heart out until she fell asleep. When Yongsun woke up hours later, she felt like absolute trash and she didn't feel like doing anything anymore. Her relationship of 3 years was now gone. Yongsun thought he was the one, but she thought wrong.

For the next few weeks, Yongsun just wasted away in her bed. Crying her eyes out while eating chocolate ice cream, singing her heart out while playing her guitar, and cuddling in bed with her plushies and Jjing Jjing. Luckily enough for her, Yongsun has an incredible metabolism and she has managed to maintain her figure and weight despite her less than desirable lifestyle. She had spent so much time wallowing in self pity that she forgot that she had yet to apply for a university. 

It was now the last day to apply to her university of choice Chung-Ang University, and she only had 5 minutes left before the deadline. Yongsun booted up her laptop, and went to the website and applied as quickly as possible, screaming all the way out of sheer panic. One minute left till the deadline ends. She quickly presses the "Send" button. And once she did, she let out a breath of relief and lied back down on her bed.

On the other side of Korea, was Moon Byulyi, 17 years old. Very much like Yongsun, she had just applied to Chung-Ang University, except she missed the deadline. But Byulyi was sure she was going to get in since her parents are rich and she was sure she would get into the school no problem. Byulyi was about to fall asleep until she remembered that she would have to move away from home and into the school dorms when she gets in. This would be inconvenient for her and her girlfriend, not wanting to deal with all that, she called up her girlfriend to break up.

"Hey, I'm moving away for university. So we're breaking up" Byulyi said to her now ex girlfriend, Kang Seulgi

"WHAT? WHY?" Seulgi scream-sobbed

"I just don't think it's going to work out, my university is really far away. You'll find someone better" Byulyi said, trying her best to sound like she cared

"HMPH FINE!! You're exes were right about you" Seulgi huffed before hanging up

Byulyi just yawned and threw her phone aside, knowing that she could get any girl she wanted without effort at all. She was about to fall asleep when she forgot about her dog, Daebakie. Moonbyul called for her dog and whistled. Moments later, a small corgi came and jumped in bed with her.

"You're the only one I ever need Daebakie. Come on, let's sleep" Byulyi yanwed, pulling her dog closer to her and falling asleep.

Weeks later, Yongsun and Moonbyul received an email from Chung-Ang University saying that they have been accepted into the university and that they will starting their school semester this march. Yongsun was ecstatic, telling her parents that she got accepted into the university of her choice. Her parents were of course proud of her and wished her the best. Byulyi on the other hand, was pretty unaffected, knowing that she would've made it in either way. Her parents told her that she better work hard and she nonchalantly nodded and brushed them off.

As soon as March came around, Yongsun went ahead and looked for a part time job near her university first. She sent out multiple applications to multiple stores, and she got a bunch of offers from a lot of them. Out of all the stores, she ended up taking up a job at a cafe that was only a 5 minute walk away from her university. The cafe was a fairly new cafe, Rainbow Bridge World Cafe, or RBW Cafe for short. Yongsun had chosen this job simply because it was the nearest and because it paid the highest, at $10 per hour. She would start her job when her school semester started.

Before long, it was already March and Yongsun and Byulyi were about being their university education.

"Bye Ma and Pa, I'll be back to visit for the holidays. Bye Jjing-ah~ I'll mish you~" Yongsun waved before leaving for the train station with her luggage

"Bye Mom and Dad, I'll call you guys when I can. Bye Daebakie, I'll miss you a lot" Byulyi said before driving off in her expensive BMW, all her things packed in the trunk of her car

Yongsun and Byulyi couldn't be more excited about their new beginnings at Chung-Ang University.

A/N:
FIRST CHAPTER!!! My first non TWICE fic, hope you guys enjoy. Like I said, this story won't have daily updates, instead being updated every 3 days, so the next update will be on Snday, 8pm SGT. Be sure to leave comments okay? I love reading them and they keep me motivated :)