Chapter 1

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eomma where are you and appa taking me?” Jungkook asked curiously.

 

“We’re going to Lotte World. You said you wanted to go there with us right?” his mother said looking at her husband in the rear view mirror with a smile on her face.

 

“But why is that all of a sudden? I thought you and appa are busy right now.” He asked quietly,  feeling guilty all of a sudden for disturbing his parent’s work.

 

“ Well,your appa and I decided that we should have some quality time together. And we missed you so much. That’s why we’re going to have f-“. His mother never finished those words because their car suddenly crashed with another one.

 

 

Jungkook suddenly woke up from his deep sleep, panting and drenched in his sweat as if he just finished from running. Reaching for his phone on the nightstand, he groaned when he saw that it was only 1am when he swiped his phone to unlock it. “This is going to be a long night.” He sighed.  Knowing that he won’t be able to sleep again, he settled on watching a movie to get his thoughts away from that nightmare. The movie started already, yet his mind travelled back on that fateful day, the day he lost both his parents.

 

 

(Flashback) 4 years ago…

 

It was a normal day that day. The sun is shining brightly and there are several cars passing by. He didn’t know what went wrong that day because his eyes went black. The moment he woke up, he was in a different location. All he saw was a white ceiling and a person with a white coat.

 

“Am I dead and in heaven?” eyebrows furrowed in a frown whilst whispering his question. 

 

The man standing beside his bed chuckled lightly.“ No son, but miraculously you are alive considering on what happened to the other people inside the car.” The man replied.

 

“Other people…?”trying to remember what happened. His eyes widen when he recalled what had transpired and push himself in a sitting position causing him to shudder in pain.

 

“Whoah there, easy son. You have to be careful in moving your body because you have a few broken ribs.” The doctor informed him of his situation.

 

“My parents! Where are they? Are they alive? Please I want to see them.” With visible tears in his eyes, he pleaded to the doctor.

 

With the mention of his parents, the doctor’s face suddenly changed from a slight smile to a sad and guilty looking. Jungkook was alarmed by the sudden change of expression and started worrying for his parents.

 

“Uhmmm about that…. I’m sorry to say this but… t-they weren’t able to make it. They were dead on arrival. We did all we can to resuscitate them Jungkook-ssi but they lost a lot of blood along the way here, especially your mother. She was protecting you during the car crash and she took the most damage.” The doctor explained slowly while observing Jungkook for his reaction.

 

All of a sudden Jungkook’s world stopped upon hearing the doctor’s revelation regarding his parents. Slowly tears were shed from his eyes without realizing it. Noticing this, the doctor gave him privacy and walked out of his room, understanding that the boy was grieving for his parents. After the doctor left his room, that’s when he fully takes in the news that his parents were gone forever and started crying and screaming loudly  thinking that he should’ve died in that car crash with them instead of being alive and alone.

 

He mourned for his parents for 3 days. After they were buried, Jungkook completely shut himself out from the world. He never left the house for days and hasn’t eaten anything. After 2 weeks of shutting himself from the world, he realized that if his parents were still alive they won’t be happy and will scold him for what he was doing. That was when he made a decision to try and live his life for his parents. To make them happy in heaven and hopes that they’re watching him from above. Checking his fridge, he decided to go to the grocery to restock.

 

End of flashback

 

After reminiscing what happened on that day, Jungkook noticed that the movie he was supposed to watch ended a while ago. Turning off the TV he suddenly yawned out of nowhere and decided that maybe he should return to sleeping. Hoping that he won’t have to experience that nightmare again.

 

 

Waking up peacefully the next day, Jungkook did his daily routine – washing his face before eating breakfast, then taking a bath – and went outside his house to go to work. While walking outside to get to the main road to get a taxi, he spotted that there was a ghost approaching him. But because he’s used to these kinds of things, he simply ignored the approaching ghost and continued walking down the main road, as if he never saw a ghost. 

 

Upon arriving at the main road, he hailed a cab to go to work. During the ride, Jungkook can’t stop but think of the first time he had an encounter with a ghost. It was when he decided to live his life and interact with the people again for his parents.

 

Flashback

 

Upon stepping outside his house, he notes that there seems to be a lot of people outside. He didn’t pay mind to it, thinking that it’s been two weeks since he stepped outside the house. When he was almost at the grocery store, a person unexpectedly approached him and asked him things. Being a person who decided to try and live again he entertained the person. After he finished talking to that person, a lot of people keep staring at him and whispering. Jungkook heard someone near him whispered to his companion ‘why is he talking to himself?’, others are whispering ‘is he some kind of a person who escaped the mental hospital?’. 

 

Upon entering the grocery store, Jungkook wondered what those people meant about him talking to himself, not paying attention to where he was going and suddenly bumped into someone, pushing his mind away from that thought. “I’m so sorry ma’am. I wasn’t paying attention to where I am going. Are you okay?” Jungkook said with wide eyes while extending his hands to help the lady he bumped into stand up. “Watch where you’re going next time!” the lady said with furrowed eyebrows and still looking at the floor while dusting her pants. When she finished dusting her pants she raised her head and looked at the boy who bumped into her and all of a sudden her eyes widened in surprise upon seeing that it was her friend’s son who lost them recently.

 

“Oh Jungkook-ah! How are you? I haven’t seen you since your parent’s funeral. Are you okay now?” the lady said with a concerned and worried expression.

 

“I’m doing fine Ahjumma. Well I’m trying to habituate myself to live an independent life, for my parents

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter