Chapter One

Better Half of Me

Chapter One

 

“You know, your brother is going to be here any minute now.”

 

“Yes. I’m aware. I think you said that about three times since you got out of the shower.” Kyuhyun pouted,

 

“I just don’t want him to kill me.” He said.

 

“He won’t kill you. But he might if you don’t put a shirt on.” She said.

 

“Kimika.” Kyuhyun said silently. Kimika rolled her eyes.

 

“Kyuhyun. I promise. He won’t care. I spend the night over here all the time.” She said.

 

“Not in my room.” He answered. Kimika stood up on her knees on the bed, Kyuhyun’s shirt that she was wearing barely falling at mid thigh. She slowly moved to the edge of the bed and reached up, her hands locking behind the back of his neck. Kyuhyun sighed and placed his hands gently on her hips, softly running them up and down.

 

“Oppa. He knows you’re my boyfriend.” She said. Always straight to the point.

 

“Kimi,” Kyuhyun started, “He was barely okay with you dating me. Don’t give him another reason to get mad at you or me. Arraso?” Kimi smiled,

 

“You just don’t want to get beaten up.” She said, chuckling to herself. Kyuhyun smiled,

 

“Believe it or not, I would like to never get hit by Hyung.” He said. Kimi leaned up and pulled his head down, their lips meeting gently, Kyuhyun’s hands putting just a little more pressure on her hips. Kimi smiled into the kiss and wrapped her arms tighter around his neck, pulling his body closer to hers.

 

“Kimi!”

 

Kimi quickly pulled away and looked around on the floor for the shorts she had been wearing the night before. Kyuhyun saw them near his feet and he grabbed them, quickly tossing them to her and running back to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

 

“Kimi!” she head again.

 

“I’m in Kyu’s room!” she shouted, quickly pulling the shorts on and grabbing a magazine, sitting down cross-legged on the bed. Within a matter of seconds, Leeteuk was standing in the doorway with one eyebrow raised. “Hey!” Kimi exclaimed, smiling.

 

“Hey.” Leeteuk said, now knowing if he should be suspicious or not. “Did you stay last night?” he asked. Kimi nodded. “In here?” he asked.

 

“Of course not, oppa! I just woke up early to see Kyu before you all left on your schedules.” She answered. Leeteuk nodded and walked further into the room, sitting down on the desk chair.

 

“How was school yesterday?” he asked. Kimi shrugged.

 

“It was the same as always.” She said. “I listened to a lecture, took notes, almost fell asleep. It was all great fun.” Leeteuk looked at her sternly.

 

“You need to take school seriously Park Kimika.”

 

“I do oppa.” She said, rolling her eyes at the use of her full name. “I make good grades. What else do you want?”

 

“I just want you to be responsible. This is your future that you’re working towards.” He said. Kimi cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow.

 

“What if I want to do what you do?” she asked sarcastically. “I don’t exactly need a degree for that.” Leeteuk stood up and frowned, about to counter attack, but was stopped when the bathroom door opened. Kyuhyun walked out in the basketball shorts he had been wearing earlier with the addition of a white v-neck t-shirt. His hair was still a bit damp from the shower, but Kimi thought he looked adorable.

 

“Kyuhyun, you need to leave soon.” Leeteuk said. Kyuhyun nodded and started getting his bag together. “You’re not wearing that out are you?” Leeteuk asked, frowning. Kyuhyun glared at him pointedly.

 

“Hyung. You two are in my room. It was either walk out in a towel or my clothes from last night.”

 

“You chose wisely.” Leeteuk said. “Kimi, let him get ready. Ryeowook made breakfast for everyone. Go eat and then get ready for school.” Kimi stood up and saluted him,

 

“Sir yes sir!” she said before skipping lightly out of the room. Once she was gone, Leeteuk turned his attention back onto the maknae.

 

“Tell me the truth. Did she stay in here last night?” Kyuhyun felt his heart quicken.

 

“What?...Hyung, of course not.” He said, focusing all of his attention on packing his bag.

 

“Mhmm.” Leeteuk answered, walking towards the door. Kyuhyun glanced at him and cringed when he met the older boy’s eyes.

 

“Hyung.” Kyuhyun started, but Leeteuk held up his hand.

 

“Just keep in mind that she’s my sister.” He said. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes,

 

“And you never seem to let me forget that.” He mumbled. Leeteuk’s eyes grew wide,

 

“What did you just say?” he exclaimed. Kyuhyun stood straight up and turned all the way around, his bag already forgotten.

 

“I know she’s your sister, hyung. I know! You remind me of that fact everyday! Why is that? Do you not trust me with her? I mean, we’ve been together for almost a year now. If I were you, I would pay less attention to my relationship with her, and work on fixing yours.” He said, glaring at the leader.

 

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Leeteuk spat, walking closer to Kyuhyun.

 

“Can’t you see it?! You’re pushing her away from you! All you do is tell her that she needs to work harder in school and she needs to be responsible and blah blah blah. She’s 18 years old. I think she knows by now what she needs to do.” Leeteuk had to clench his fists in order to keep himself from hitting the maknae right there.

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” He whispered. Kyuhyun looked away.

 

“Yeah, of course I don’t.” he said, shaking his head. He turned back around and grabbed his bag, not really caring if he had packed everything. He grabbed the pair of jeans off the floor and started heading towards the door.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Leeteuk asked, still clenching his fists.

 

“I’m going to my schedule. I’ll be late.” He said fatly.

 

“Dressed like that?!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

 

“I can change at the company.” He said, walking out of his room and down the hall. The rest of the members were all gathered at the table eating breakfast, all of them looking up when Kyuhyun walked into the kitchen.

 

“Ah maknae, have a seat, I’ll get you some eggs.” Ryeowook said.

 

“I don’t have time today, hyung. Sorry. I’ll be late tonight. Don’t wait up.” He said, the last part more directed towards Kimi. She looked at him questioningly as he didn’t even look at her, walking out of the dorm. She looked up at Leeteuk walked in and looked at him questioningly. He shook his head and sat down next to Siwon at the table.

 

“What time do you get out of school today?” he asked. Kimi shrugged,

 

“Around 3, but I’m going to hang out with some friends afterwards, so I’ll be back later.” Leeteuk shook his head,

 

“You should come home right after.” He said.

 

“Why?” Kimi asked, frowning.

 

“Because, you’re exams are coming up. You should be focusing on them and starting to study.” He answered. Yesung glanced at his hyung and then back at Kimi.

 

“Exams aren’t for another month and a half.” She said, standing up and walking towards the guest room that she stayed in. “I’m going out with some friends. I’ll be back at a reasonable time.” Leeteuk sighed as he watched her walk away.

 

“Sometimes I just don’t understand that girl.” He said quietly under his breath. Yesung frowned but said nothing. He knew it wasn’t right to question his hyung. “Alright guys. Everyone finish their breakfast and then get ready. Some of you have busy schedules today.” The kitchen exploded with answers from the members and Leeteuk smiled. At least the rest of his sibling listened to what he told them to do.