confessioN

eNchanter

When he woke up again, Hakyeon was greeted by the warm sunlight on his face. The curtains had been pulled open and Raven was sitting by the window.

 

"He's downstairs," was her only greeting.

 

Hakyeon rubbed his eyes and blinked. Raven's words sunk in slower than they should have, but when they did, Hakyeon jumped off the bed and hurriedly ran downstairs. He found Taekwoon at the kitchen, broad back facing the door while he packed food into small containers.

 

Taekwoon paused for a second before continuing what he was doing. He must have felt Hakyeon's presence by the door because he spoke without turning to face him. "Do you think you've recovered enough to walk through the forest?"

 

Hakyeon walked towards him and watched as he arranged picnic boxes on the table. Taekwoon barely spared him a look.

 

"I'm good as new. Like I didn't get sick at all. But where do you plan to go?"

 

"Just some place out there."

 

Hakyeon stared at him, question marks all over his face, but Taekwoon kept silent. He covered the last box of rolled omelettes and rice balls before humming and packing all the boxes in a satchel - a new one that Hakyeon had never seen before.

 

"Aren't you going to at least wash your face before we go?"

 

"Right," Hakyeon bit his lower lip, wondering if he should talk to Taekwoon first before they went anywhere. He didn't really know where to start though, so he just did as Taekwoon said.

 

When he finished washing up and changing his clothes, Taekwoon was already out waiting by the porch. His satchel hang on his shoulder, with his hands holding the string and the base to support the weight of their food.

 

"What about Raven?" Hakyeon asked, noticing that his cat was not going out with them.

 

"Hmmm... She said she's staying back to watch the house."

 

"She's not a dog for her to keep watch," Hakyeon pouted. "Did you leave her something for breakfast?"

 

"Of course," Taekwoon replied, seeming awkward and stiff. "She's had breakfast earlier."

 

"Oh," Hakyeon suddenly felt awkward too, realizing he might have sounded like he did not want to go alone with Taekwoon, which definitely was not the case. He did have his worries though, since Taekwoon no longer had his bracelet and Hakyeon could be an emotional mess. Raven was always helpful in pulling him back at bay whenever things got dangerous with Hongbin.

 

"Let's go." Taekwoon started walking, notably avoiding eye contact with Hakyeon.

 

Hakyeon followed, running to catch up to Taekwoon so they could walk side by side. But even then, he kept at least half a meter distance between them instead of clinging on to his arm like he usually would.

 

They walked in uncomfortable silence for a couple of minutes, until Hakyeon couldn't stand it anymore. He did not want to be awkward with Taekwoon.

 

"Taekwoon," he called out nervously. Taekwoon just glanced at him, but then kept his gaze back on the road. Hakyeon pursed his lips, trying to decide what to ask first.

 

"Yesterday, where did you go?"

 

"I had to fix some things."

 

Hakyeon frowned. He was expecting clear, concise answers.

 

"When did you get back?"

 

"I'm not sure. I lost track of time and before I knew it, it was already dark."

 

"Was it so important that you stayed out so late?"

 

"Yeah, kind of."

 

"More important than me being sick?"

 

Taekwoon stopped walking, turning to face Hakyeon. "Do you think I wanted to leave you alone with Kong after what happened?" For a split second, Hakyeon thought he looked very, very upset. His eyes looked sharper than usual, his lips tight and jaws obviously tensed. But then he sighed, and his expression changed into a gentler one, obviously calming himself down.

 

"I..." Hakyeon had to take a deep breath as well, to make sure his voice would not crack as he spoke. He did not want Taekwoon to be mad at him. He wouldn't know what to do if Taekwoon hated him. "Yesterday, with Hongbin... I really didn't mean for that to happen. I'm really sorry that happened."

 

"I know. It wasn't your fault," Taekwoon said, turning to his side and avoiding Hakyeon's eyes again. "What I meant was that I was worried. I wasn't sure if the bracelet was strong enough to protect you both."

 

"Then why did you leave?"

 

"Kong assured me the healing potion was working. And..."

 

Taekwoon hesitated. He still didn't face him, but he could feel the weight of Hakyeon's expectant stare. "I was too ashamed to show my face to you."

 

Hakyeon noticed Taekwoon gripped the string of his satchel tighter. He was still avoiding Hakyeon's eyes, but Hakyeon could feel the sincerity in his voice. 

 

"When I saw what was happening, I misunderstood. Your eyes looked different, so I thought..." Taekwoon bit his lower lip as he glanced at Hakyeon with guilt. "I'm sorry I didn't go to your side to even ask if you were okay. I really am." 

 

If Hakyeon was honest, it did hurt him that Taekwoon looked at him like he was some monster. But it wasn't like he did not understand how Taekwoon must have felt. Truthfully, he was upset with himself too. "It's okay. I probably would have thought the same if I were you."

 

"No. You did not deserve that, Hakyeon. I should have known right away. You've been sick since morning and I did not even realize. I was being stupid and... I let my emotions get the best of me. I wanted to take care of you but I felt like I didn't have the right to be there. I was supposed to be your friend."

 

"Taekwoon..." Hakyeon felt his chest tighten. He was relieved and sad at the same time. "It wasn't your fault. It was all me. But I was more scared when I woke up and you weren't there. I thought you hated me."

 

"I would never!" Taekwoon suddenly stopped walking again and faced him as he repeated. "I would never hate you! You're nothing but lovely, Hakyeon-ah."

 

"Thank you, Taekwoon." Hakyeon smiled. It was the first smile they exchanged for the day, and it finally made them both feel better about what happened.

 

"Can I ask you something?" Taekwoon said as they continued walking.  "How did it happen? I know you wouldn't have wanted to use your magic on Kong, but while it was happening, did you... perhaps... actually wanted him to do what you made him do?"

 

"Of course not!" Hakyeon answered on instinct. But then he thought twice about it. "I mean maybe..."

 

"Did you want him to hold you like that?" Taekwoon stared at him awkwardly, though this time he did not stop walking.

 

"Taekwoon, I just remember seeing you guys by the door, and then you disappeared and he was just looking at me. Next thing I knew, I couldn't see anything anymore. I just thought I needed to hold on to someone. I was scared and I wanted someone to tell me it was going to be okay. I didn't really realize what was happening until you pulled me away from him."

 

Taekwoon hummed. "So if I did not go out to pick the trading box, it could have been me?"

 

"Perhaps? But you wouldn't have been affected the charm, right?"

 

"I don't know. You were really out of control yesterday. Maybe you could have overpowered me, too."

 

Hakyeon felt a chill down his spine. His hand twitched involuntarily as he thought about the events of the previous day. Hongbin did tell him his magic was very powerful, and Hakyeon once again felt scared of himself. He took a step to his side, creating more distance between them, hoping his charm would just stay within his space and not reach Taekwoon.

 

The action did not go unnoticed by Taekwoon. He glanced at Hakyeon, this time with what seemed like a patronizing gaze, which just made Hakyeon more uncomfortable.

 

It took a while before he found his voice to ask Taekwoon again. "Your bracelet... Why did you give it to Hongbin?"

 

"Because his jewel shattered. It would be dangerous for a merchant if he didn't have resistance."

 

"I know. But... He would have gotten a new jewel one way or another. Did you really have to give yours to him?"

 

"It would take a while before he gets one. Finding the person who made my bracelet will take a while. Jewels from the underground market are hard to obtain, too. Even for high-profile merchants like Kong, it would be tough to get a new one."

 

"Wait, Hongbin is a high profile merchant?"

 

"You didn't know?" Taekwoon raised a brow. "You've been trading with him for years."

 

"I guess I didn't know a lot of things about the two of you." Hakyeon was starting to sulk. Hongbin and Taekwoon knew so much about each other and he was basically still a stranger to them. No matter how he felt about them, Hakyeon barely knew anything about their lives.

 

Taekwoon then went close and patted his shoulder. Hakyeon stiffened, panicking because he knew he was getting riled up and Taekwoon did not have his bracelet. He quickly stepped away, but Taekwoon's long arm still reached him.

 

"Taekwoon... Are you going to keep living with me?"

 

Taekwoon's hand was still on Hakyeon's shoulder but his fingers subtly fidgeted with Hakyeon's shirt. "Do you want me to leave?"

 

"I don't want you to leave," Hakyeon said earnestly. "But how are you going to deal with the charm until Hongbin returns your bracelet?"

 

"Uhhh... Well, that's... Something I haven't told you yet." Taekwoon bit his lip, his hand sliding from Hakyeon's shoulder down to the arch of his back. He patted Hakyeon awkwardly, earning him a similarly awkward stare from Hakyeon.

 

"What?"

 

"The bracelet does have strong resistance to sorcerer magic, and it aids me during intense encounters, but its value to me is more sentimental than actual resistance."

 

"I don't get it." Hakyeon couldn't help the crease on his forehead, the way his fringe fell on his face making him look like he had a single long bushy eyebrow.

 

"He's my father," Taekwoon said. "That sorcerer..."

 

"What?"

 

"He's also an enchanter."

 

Hakyeon's eyes widened as he took in this new information. "Are you telling me you're also an enchanter?!"

 

"No," Taekwoon answered flatly. "I don't have a single of magic in me. I mean, in a sense, maybe I do. But I can't wield it like you do. I was just born with resistance to most types of magic - including an enchanter's charm."

 

Hakyeon stopped walking again and instead just gaped at Taekwoon, whose hand still rested on his lower back. "Explain yourself, Jung Taekwoon! Why are you only telling me this now?!"

 

"I was just uncomfortable talking about some stuff." Taekwoon took a deep breath. He retracted his hand from Hakyeon's back and just fiddled with the string of his new satchel. "Because he was an enchanter, my father was always afraid that he was unintentionally forcing my mother to do things with his magic. He found out that the bracelet was useless against him because he was the one who cast the protective magic on it. I... Was conceived under the effect of the charm."

 

"Omygod, Taekwoon... I'm so sorry about that." The thought terrified Hakyeon. It was one of the things that he already gave up on, because he knew making love to someone without the charm getting in the way was impossible.

 

"Don't get me wrong. My mother loved him and it wasn't against her will at all. But my stupid old man thought he forced it on her and fled out of guilt. He thought they could never live together like a normal couple. So he left, without even knowing I was on the way."

 

Hakyeon gulped. Taekwoon's father sounded very much like him - dumb and scared and unable to form proper relationships with other people.

 

Seeing the expression on Hakyeon's face tense up more, Taekwoon stretched out a hand towards him and pursed a smile.

 

Hakyeon took his hand and let himself be led further into the forest. He just realized they were walking down a familiar path, but then Taekwoon tugged him to make an unexpected turn right before they reached the lake.

 

"When I was old enough, I left my hometown to find him. I thought he was bad for leaving us behind but it turned out he was just dumb and well, very powerful. Exactly like you, to be honest."

 

Hakyeon pouted. "Sorry I'm stupid.."

 

Taekwoon chuckled. "Anyway, when I found him, I stayed with him for a while, just to get to know him a little. That was when I met Kong."

 

"Hongbin said you both just disappeared?"

 

"I convinced him to go back to my hometown and stay with my mother, which he did. But I just couldn't stay there... I was still young and was high from my sorcerer hunting adventures. I thought I couldn't just stay confined in one place like that anymore. So I packed my bags and left again."

 

"Then..." Hakyeon could tell the exact moment his heart started beating faster. He paused and looked straight into Taekwoon's eyes as he asked, "Why are you staying with me? When are you going to pack your bags and leave me?"

 

Taekwoon was stunned for a moment, surprised not just by the question, but by the way it was asked. Hakyeon had already assumed that Taekwoon would definitely leave. He was prepared to be left behind.

 

"I'm not," Taekwoon answered. He held Hakyeon's gaze for a while before turning his head and looking up the gigantic oak tree atop the hill.

 

Hakyeon followed his gaze. It wasn't the tree Taekwoon was looking at. Beside the thick tree trunk was a small house.

 

Before Hakyeon could ask anything, Taekwoon had pulled him towards the uphill road. 

 

"How are you feeling? Do you think you can climb?"

 

Hakyeon nodded. He was not very good with heights, but the hill wasn't that high and a clear path had been made for them to walk through. It was barely a climb.

 

"Tell me if you're tired, okay?" Taekwoon rubbed the back of his hand with a thumb. "I don't want you to strain yourself while you're still recovering."

 

Hakyeon laughed. "Then why did you even ask me to come here?" He started walking up the hill with Taekwoon in tow, as it seemed like neither of them wanted to let go of each other's hand.

 

"I..." Taekwoon scratched his head with his other hand. "Sorry... I wanted to make it up to you for the way I acted yesterday, so I wanted to bring you here sooner."

 

"Why..." Hakyeon paused and pulled on Taekwoon's hand. "What's up there?"

 

Taekwoon just smiled and urged Hakyeon to climb again. "You'll see."

 

 

They continued walking while Taekwoon refused to answer any more questions from Hakyeon. Instead, he just hummed a song and smiled, confusing Hakyeon even more.

 

When they reached the peak, Hakyeon was a little tired but still fairly spirited. What made him breathless though, was when Taekwoon spun him around and made him face the view.

 

Hakyeon loved the view whenever he sat by the lake, but from where they stood beside the oak tree, he could see the full scenery around the lake.  He wasn't just seeing a half of the water and the facade of the trees like he did when he sat below and dipped his legs in to the lake. He was seeing entirety of it, the water's surface glistening with the sunlight, and half reflecting the skies while also allowing for the deeper color of what was under it. He was seeing the top of those trees, and the trees behind them, and further out until the greens meet the skyline. His eyes could probably only reach half of the forest, but it was wide, and Hakyeon felt like he could almost see the whole of it. The wind blew cold on his face and he just realized that the foliage season was starting as he stared at half of the forest beginning to change color.

 

"Omygod, Taekwoon..." Hakyeon almost had tears in his eyes as he took in the beautiful view. He turned around to face Taekwoon, only to have a blue scarf hooped over his head.

 

Taekwoon pulled him close through the ends of the scarf and then properly wrapped it around his neck. "It's colder here than down below. You can't get sick again." They stood together for minute, just admiring the view before Taekwoon turned around and headed towards the house.

 

"Taekwoon..."

 

"Enjoy the view as much as you want. I'll go prepare the table for breakfast," Taekwoon replied without looking back at him.

 

Hakyeon bit his lip. He turned his head to look at the lake again, and then back at Taekwoon. He was torn, wanting stay out and wanting to follow Taekwoon at the same time. In the end, he ran after Taekwoon and hugged him from behind, trapping Taekwoon within his arms and effectively stopping him from walking.

 

"Thank you, Taekwoon." Hakyeon whispered as he leaned his forehead down against Taekwoon's broad shoulder. "I love it."

 

Taekwoon pulled his arms free and then placed his hands over Hakyeon's arms, still wrapped around his waist. He didn't say anything, but he leaned into Hakyeon's touch and they stayed like that for a while, until Hakyeon's stomach started growling.

 

Hakyeon immediately pulled away out of embarrassment while Taekwoon just chuckled.

 

"Let's go in and have breakfast."

 

Hakyeon followed Taekwoon towards the house but he peeked inside first, taking a careful look around before taking a step in.

 

It was a fairly small house, with everything in a single room. Technically, there wasn't even a room. Hakyeon could see a big bed on one corner, a fireplace right on the opposite side, a few chairs, and then a small dining table in the middle. There were also some weapons, like a glaive, and a battered samurai hanging on the wall. An old but elegant-looking harp was sitting near one of the windows, among other things that looked like musical instruments to Hakyeon.

 

"Come here and eat." Taekwoon just finished setting utensils on the table. 

 

Hakyeon nodded and walked towards him. He picked up a fork and immediately pitched a bit of the omelette into his mouth. He gave the house another once-over before sitting down and facing Taekwoon.

 

"Did you build this house? Since when have you been working on this?" Hakyeon continued eating whatever Taekwoon had laid out on the table. He was very hungry, but he was also very curious. "Where did you even get all of these things? It must have taken a lot to make this."

 

"Partly. It was barely a house when I found it all covered in shrubs and vines. I just made some repairs, and then I traded my old things with the merchants to get more tools and fully furnish it."

 

Hakyeon put down his fork and stared at him. "You found your things?"

 

"Yes."

 

"All of them?"

 

"Yes. The third week in. I found my monkey theif carrying my satchel and sword."

 

"Third week?! Taekwoon!" Hakyeon didn't mean to yell. He wasn't even mad. Just surprised, maybe.

 

Taekwoon put up a pleading face, like a lost puppy in the woods - or a kitten, maybe. Taekwoon had always been more cat-faced. "I'm sorry I lied."

 

Hakyeon pouted, and it wasn't the cute pout he always sported (Though Taekwoon would argue it was still cute). He was trying to play grumpy and truthfully, a part of him knew he should be angry. Taekwoon wasn't just hiding things from him. He also lied. "Why?"

 

"I... Needed a reason to stay with you. I was afraid if I told you I found my things, you'd make me leave."

 

"I would have let you stay without a reason! If you just asked -"

 

"But I couldn't ask!" Taekwoon interrupted. "I knew you would let me, but Hakyeon, you and I both know... It was strange for me to stay in your house in the first place. You couldn't directly ask me to stay either even though you were craving for companionship. You also needed that excuse."

 

"That's true." Hakyeon leaned back on his chair. Taekwoon did have a point. "Still," he pouted, more cutely this time. "You could have let me known sooner."

 

"Sorry."

 

"You haven't answered me yet."

 

"What?"

 

"Why are you staying with me? Why lie and go through all this trouble?"

 

Taekwoon just shrugged.

 

"Did you know that Raven and I talked about you being a sorcerer hunter? There was an instance when I considered you were planning to kill me in my sleep because why else would you want to stay with me?"

 

"Did you really believe I would hurt you?"

 

"No. But the thought crossed mind."

 

In the end, Hakyeon could only giggle. It was pretty silly for both of them. "So what? Were you planning to live here if I threw you out of my house?"

 

"That was... A backup plan," Taekwoon now had a mischievous smirk on his face. "I knew you wouldn't do that."

 

Hakyeon rolled his eyes. Taekwoon could be a little bit sassy sometimes. 

 

"But other than that, I really wanted to bring you here. I knew you would love the view," the smirk slowly turned into a soft, warm smile, which just made Hakyeon feel like he was melting into a puddle of goo. "I told you before... You're pretty like a scenery. This place really reminded me of you."

 

That was enough to make Hakyeon blush. He barely cared about the charm leaking anymore, hoping Taekwoon's natural resistance was enough to counter it. He couldn't think of how to respond, so he just happily finished his breakfast. Taekwoon watched and ate with him just as happily.

 

"Rest up," Taekwoon said after eating. "I'll clean up and take care of everything." And indeed, he had everything prepared, with nothing else for Hakyeon to do but enjoy.

 

Hakyeon was not really used to being pampered like that. Usually, he was the one who pampered his family, Raven, and at some point, even Taekwoon. It was strange, suddenly having someone take care of him to that extent, but Hakyeon wouldn't complain. It was nice, having Taekwoon lay down a cloth on the ground so they could sit outside the house and enjoy the view. He also brought out blankets to keep them from the cold, and a book for Hakyeon to read if he ever got bored.

 

Hakyeon then realized just how much Taekwoon prepared for it, seeing as he had everything ready.

 

"All the things you have here, you got from the merchants?" Hakyeon asked when they were settled beside the oak tree. He laid his head on Taekwoon's lap, which the latter did not seem to mind. In fact, it was like Taekwoon expected him to do it as soon as he sat down. "Is this why you offered to work for me? You've been trading with them behind my back and then secretly transporting things here?"

 

"Mostly, yeah." Taekwoon answered while running his fingers through Hakyeon's soft hair. "The house itself just needed some repairs. The chairs were hand- made but the rest are either traded with the merchants or bought from town. The harp was an expensive trade. I had to give up my fighting sword for it."

 

"I was going to ask about that. You have so many instruments in there."

 

"I miss playing music," Taekwoon smiled as he stared longingly into space. "I used to play a lot and write songs, but ever since I left my hometown, I haven't touched a single instrument."

 

"You have to play for me then!"

 

"I would," Taekwoon smiled at him. "One reason I got them is so that I could play you some music while you dance."

 

"Ohh," Hakyeon stilled for a moment. So Taekwoon did remember the promise about him dancing! "I thought you weren't interested anymore."

 

"I never forgot about your dancing. From the first time I saw you... You didn't even have music back then, but it was beautiful."

 

"Do you want me to dance now?"

 

"Not now. I told you to just rest today."

 

Hakyeon giggled. He felt so happy and at peace, just being with Taekwoon. Whatever happened the previous day was forgotten. The rest of his unanswered questions were pushed to the back of his head.

 

They spent the whole day together at the hilltop. Hakyeon finished reading the book in the morning, while Taekwoon just napped beside him. By noon, Taekwoon went to prepare lunch and Hakyeon just watched him cook the food he stocked up in the house.

 

"You really have everything," Hakyeon mused after eating. "You're making me contemplate living here instead."

 

"You can't," Taekwoon answered. "There's no water supply here. I had to fetch water from the lake so we could use some today. Also the merchants won't come up here just to trade with you."

 

"Ahhh, right. I forgot about the merchants."

 

"We can come up here from time to time. It's a nice place to just sit and laze around."

 

"Right, let's bring Raven next time!" Hakyeon giggled excitedly.

 

"Of course..." Taekwoon bit his lip. "I'm not sure Raven would like the cold though."

 

"That's true. She's sensitive with the cold... Ah but there's a fireplace. She'll do just fine."

 

Taekwoon scratched his nose. "Yeah. Sure," he chuckled under his breath.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing," Taekwoon smiled.

 

He led Hakyeon to sit by the window where he kept all of his instruments and let him pick one he wanted to hear. Hakyeon immediately picked the bagpipe, so Taekwoon played a couple of songs for him until his jaws hurt.

 

To Hakyeon's credit, he offered to give him a massage, which Taekwoon initially refused.

 

"I'm all recovered, Taekwoon-ahh. It's you who must rest now. You worked so hard," Hakyeon insisted. "I was pleasantly surprised and I love everything about this place. Let me at least give you a massage."

 

He stood behind Taekwoon and started kneading on his shoulders, leaving no room for Taekwoon's arguments. 

 

"Raven said you sometimes use magic when you touch her. To make her feel better." Taekwoon leaned into Hakyeon's touch, letting him work wonders on the tight knots on his shoulders and back.

 

"Do you think I'd do the same to you?l Hakyeon chuckled. "Would you feel it if I did?"

 

"Maybe. Should we try? There were times when I took off my bracelet to see if I'd be able to feel your magic, but I didn't get anything unless you were extremely happy or upset."

 

"At this rate, you're gonna be my guinea pig for magic testing."

 

"It's the first time I've been called a guinea pig. People always said I was a cat or a hamster."

 

"Yeah, you look like a cute little hamster."

 

"I'm not cute."

 

"Yes, you are, Taekwoonnie."

 

"I'm not. You are."

 

"You said I was pretty."

 

"You're pretty and cute."

 

Hakyeon tried to bite back the wide grin spreading across his face, but Taekwoon had done and said so much in a day that just made his heart flutter.

 

"Are you using your magic?"

 

"No?"

 

"I could feel it."

 

"What?" Hakyeon immediately withdrew his hands away from Taekwoon's back. "Omygod, I'm sorry."

 

Taekwoon turned around to face him, then held his hands gently, rubbing thumbs against Hakyeon's palms. "Don't be. It feels good."

 

Hakyeon could have sworn Taekwoon's gaze was melting him. It felt all warm and... Loving.

 

"You know, even before Kong's jewel shattered, I contemplated giving him my bracelet. He didn't want to take it, of course, but I wanted him to stop feeling your charm every time he visited."

 

"Yeah, I always felt sorry that he often got affected by-"

 

"No, Hakyeon," Taekwoon interrupted. He stood up from his seat and took a step closer to Hakyeon. "It was not because you can't control it. It was because I was extremely jealous. I was upset that he gets to feel your charm and I don't."

 

Hakyeon's eyes widened, not sure how to take Taekwoon's words.

 

"The charm may feel disgusting to people who don't like you. But for us, it can be... Quite pleasurable."

 

"Taekwoon, omygod... What are you saying?!" Hakyeon's face has gone very red, though probably not as red as Taekwoon's.

 

"I don't mean in a ual way, although it could also mean that way... I mean..." Taekwoon grunted, lost and confused on what to say. "Don't distract me, I'm trying to focus here!"

 

Hakyeon chuckled. "Focus on what?"

 

"On my confession! I've been running the lines in my head since morning because you kept asking why I'm staying with you!"

 

Hakyeon was stunned. He wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, but the muscles on his face wouldn't move. He could only stare at Taekwoon, mouth hanging agape, not sure what to say or do. It was too much in just one day - finally learning all about Taekwoon's past and family, getting a treat and being pampered, and now receiving an adorably awkward confession. His heart was beating fast, and he knew the charm was filling the whole house but he couldn't even breathe properly, much less calm himself down to take it all in.

 

"I at this. I was hoping to wait a while longer because I didn't think I have any right to tell you all this after how I acted yesterday," Taekwoon frowned. He let go of Hakyeon's hands for a moment to pull out a necklace from his trouser's pocket. "But since we've come to this, I'd say it anyway."

 

Hakyeon still stood frozen as Taekwoon's arms hovered around his neck to put the necklace on him. It looked a little similar to Taekwoon's bracelet, with a tiny blue crystal beautifully carved and engraved within a gold pendant holder.

 

"Taekwoon, this is... Beautiful." Hakyeon ran his fingers along the golden chain as he looked at the pendant in awe.

 

"Glad you like it."

 

Taekwoon took a deep breath as he held Hakyeon's hands again. He tried to hold his gaze despite how embarrassed they both were.

 

"I fell for you the moment I saw you by the lake. You were beautiful, Hakyeon-ah. I couldn't take my eyes off you, not even for a second. At first I didn't know what it was that I felt, and for a moment, I considered it could have been the charm when I found out you were an enchanter. So I wanted to stay with you for a while to make sure whether your magic was really that strong to break through twice the resistance I had..." He let go of one of Hakyeon's hands and cupped his face instead. "Or if I really fell for you..."

 

Hakyeon bit his lower lip to stop himself from interrupting Taekwoon.

 

"Every day I spent more time with you, the feeling just grew deeper. You're wonderful Hakyeon. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met." Swiping his thumb over Hakyeon's cheek, Taekwoon took yet another step closer, so that their faces were just a few centimeters away from each other.

 

"I just want to make you happy. Take away all your sorrows, and be by your side. I love you, Cha Hakyeon. I want you to be mine and mine alone."

 

"I..." Hakyeon was not sure how to respond. He had too many things he wanted to say. He just hoped Taekwoon could feel just how happy he was through the leak of the charm. He was way too delighted for it to be concealed. "Right now, you could feel my magic everywhere?"

 

"Yes," Taekwoon smiled. "I'm glad I was able to make you happy today." He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against's Hakyeon's. "It feels nice, Hakyeon. Like you're holding me in your arms, all warm and gentle."

 

"Taekwoon," Hakyeon squeezed on Taekwoon's wrist, on the hand that was carressing his cheek at the moment. "You're not saying this just because of the charm, right?"

 

Taekwoon opened his eyes. "You wanna test my resistance against your magic again?"

 

"No," Hakyeon smilled. "No need for that. I just... Asked to make sure."

 

Taekwoon sighed. "You asked me why I did all of these, why I went through the trouble of repairing this house and taking you here. You asked me why I want to stay with you."

 

He inched closer, pulling on Hakyeon's neck gently and tipping up his chin with a thumb. "This is my answer, Cha Hakyeon."

 

He leaned his head forward and down, so close that their lips were almost touching. But Taekwoon waited. He wanted to make sure Hakyeon was okay with it. So as soon as Hakyeon closed his eyes and slightly parted his lips open, Taekwoon went for a deep but gentle kiss.

 

Taekwoon was completely enchanted and it wasn't just because of Hakyeon's magic. The feeling of Hakyeon's touch, fingers twisting around his wrist and hand, lips nibbing on his own. With or without the charm, Taekwoon could have sworn it was the best feeling he ever felt. And he wanted to let Hakyeon know. He still had some things to say, but he couldn't stop kissing Hakyeon. Each time he paused for breath or try to compose himself again, he just found himself craving Hakyeon's lips again.

 

Thankfully, it seemed like Hakyeon felt the same way. He tipped his feet to get a better reach as he moved his hands to hold on to Taekwoon's neck. His hands brushed through Taekwoon's hair and then stayed there, grabbing on a handful. Meanwhile, Taekwoon's other hand trailed down to Hakyeon's waist.

 

By the time Taekwoon finally managed to pull away, they were both breathless with kiss-swollen lips.

 

"If we don't stop now, I don't think I'll be able to stop ever," Taekwoon panted.

 

Hakyeon his lower lip and giggled. "Well, we still have the rest of the day." He could feel his face was flushed and was probably almost as red as his lips, but he didn't care much. Not when Taekwoon was looking just as breathless, lips more plump and a hundred times more enticing.

 

Taekwoon chuckled. And then he settled for one last quick kiss, which earned him groan from Hakyeon when he pulled away again.

 

"You should rest," Taekwoon said. He kissed Hakyeon's forehead.

 

"I'm okay, Taekwoon." Hakyeon pouted. "I'm not sick anymore."

 

"Even so, you should rest." Taekwoon booped Hakyeon's nose with his finger and then giggled. "We have plenty of time to do anything you want. Just not today."

 

Hakyeon hissed. But he let himself be led towards the bed where Taekwoon urged him to lie down.

 

To his suprprise, Taekwoon lied down right beside him and then spooned him in his slender arms.

 

"Ugh," Hakyeon groaned. "How do you expect me to rest when you're holding me like this?"

 

Taekwoon propped himself up and looked at him. "Sorry, was it uncomfortable?"

 

"No, silly," Hakyeon chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's torso too. "It's just making me want to hold you closer too."

 

"Wow, I would have thought you'd be shy and all reserved about sleeping with me because you're not used to it. But you're surprisingly aggressive." Taekwoon laid back again and relaxed on the bed. "It's taking all my self control to resist you right now."

 

"My dad said it's part of an enchanter's ability to be adaptable to romance-related activities. Like I've never kissed anyone before, but kissing you feels natural somehow."

 

"I'm your first kiss?" Taekwoon's smile somehow managed to get wider and Hakyeon just laughed at how shallow it was to make him that happy.

 

"Well, did you think I would have been able to kiss anyone else without the charm going berserk?"

 

"I'm honored to be your first kiss." Taekwoon hugged him tighter and planted a kiss on his forehead. "But go to sleep, Hakyeon. Calm yourself down and rest, before I lose the remaining control I have on myself."

 

"Okay," Hakyeon squirmed around to find a comfortable angle and then laid his head close under Taekwoon's chin. "Thank you," he said. "For everything."

 

Taekwoon only hummed in response.

 

 

Hakyeon was starting to drift off to sleep. He didn't want to admit it, but his body indeed felt tired and Taekwoon was being reasonable in telling him to rest. He closed his eyes and cursed how weak he felt, but Taekwoon was right. They had many days ahead of them.

 

"Please stay with me forever," Hakyeon said through a yawn.

 

"I promise," Taekwoon whispered into his ear. "I love you."

 

"Hmmm," Hakyeon hugged him tighter. It took a while before he got to respond, his eyelids suddenly heavy and lips barely moving. But he got himself to say a soft  "I love you too," before completely falling asleep in Taekwoon's arms.

 

He couldn't have slept any better.

 

 

~~~~

 

*A/N*

I know that's pretty much a cliff hanger for an ending and I squeezed in so much in one chapter but I had to finish it before I completely lost the will to write it. 

if you would be interested, watch out for a side chapter which will be posted as a separate fic because of content. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

You can also follow me on Twitter @NchantingU for a Chabin Textfic, and @loveseek630 for fanarts :)

 

thank you so much for reading!