...

So Close

Baekhyun's POV

I tried to hold my tears as I glanced around the dark room, I couldn't see anything except for the wide glass window I was facing. It was already dark outside, so I could say I was here for more than 24 hours now, doing nothing but to wait for him. My wrist felt so numb with the tight knot on it, I even bet there were bruises on it. I sighed as I closed my eyes, my head felt like it was going to explode any minute now given the fact that they weren't giving me just a slight piece of food and a drop of water. I haven't even taken just a short nap ever since they tied me here in this ing chair. I just wanted to go home.

When I was about to dozed off, the door was slammed open behind me which made me gasped in shock. Are they finally killing me now? I just hope they will make it fast because I don't know anymore if I could even endure more pain. They already tortured me enough, my white sweater was covered with my own blood. The side of my stomach is still bleeding because of the deep cut the guy made earlier when I spitted on his face. But still here I am, still fighting for my life even though I know I wouldn't last for long. I just wanted to see him again. One last time. That would be my final wish before I die.

I looked up when a pair of shoes stopped in front of me, the same guy who stabbed me. Well . He was smirking down at me while holding a gun, pointing it straight to my chest. I exhaled loudly that made him chuckled darkly. I guess this is my time. I closed my eyes and waited for the gun shot or any pain, but it didn't happened.

"You can't ing do that just yet Daehyun! Phoenix is already down there killing our men, just ing wait for awhile will you?! I would like to see the almighty Phoenix crumbled in front of me!" A voice from behind startled me. "Not yet. You go fight with him while I guard this little vixen here. I'll make sure to pull the trigger to start my magic show!" He said in a sing song tone as he patted Daehyun's back as he faced me. He was smiling down at me with an innocent smile plastered on his face and I frowned at that.

"Oh look! You are bleeding, does that hurt?" He then motioned his head to my side stomach. I shrugged as I fight myself to let out a groan as I moved to make myself at least comfortable before I die. "You heard me earlier, your Chanyeollie is downstairs and fighting my men just so he could save you. Ah~ what loves do to you. I didn't know he has a weakness in the first place but when I met you? That's where my evil plans began."

I smiled bitterly. Here we go again Yeol, we're trapped in this 'so close yet so far' situation again. We were in the same building, breathing the same dusty air, trapped in the same warehouse but it feels like you were so far. So out of my reach. This is happening again. I chuckled as I looked up to the confuse guy. "No surprise anymore. People like you are the one's who's making our lives miserable. Ah~ I can't wait to die and be at peace! I've been trying to kill myself but I always failed, you know? And then suddenly here you are granting my wish. Are you a fairy godmother or what?"

"Are you drunk or something kid?" He asked me as he shook his head with an amused expression on his face. "I'm not a kid anymore. I'm already twenty-six! I just look like a kid but am not!" I grumbled under my breath.

Yeol? Do you still remember that time? When we were still dating, you father was against us because I am an ordinary doctor while you are a high-profiled businessman and a part time assassin. You were injured when you got back from your mission, you were rushed in the hospital where I was working. That's when the 'so close yet so far' situation started. We were in the same building, same floor, same surrounding but we couldn't see each other. It was an order from your Dad, you were furious about it but I never once complaint and just go with the flow. I'm good with not seeing you as long as we're still together. I'll do the sacrifice.

"You look pretty though, just ashamed that you married that er of a monster. Even I want to spear your life I can't because you are his possession." He crossed his arms over his chest as he raised his brow at me. I shook my head and smiled up at him, "It's okay though. I knew what I was signing myself into when I married him."

We're married. For three years. And as the years passed by like a wind, our used to be happy and cheery relationship became so dull. The second time when that ing 'so close yet so far' situation happened. We were living in the same roof, sleeping in the same bed, eating in the same kitchen, bathing in the same bathroom, changing clothes in the same room but why does it felt like we were drifting a part? Maybe because we we're too busy with our job, with our chosen career that this happened. I did my best to make it up to you Yeol, spend more time with you, take day-offs with the important dates of our lives, even on weekend. And I hoped you appreciate it, well, except you didn't. When I tried to spend more time with you, you were always on your way to work, on your phone, on your laptop or silently doing your work while cuddling. You don't love me anymore, do you? You already fell out of love, weren't you?

The door was once again slammed open, even without seeing who it was I already know. "Baekhyun-ah..." I cried. Hearing his deep and husky voice made me cry my hearts out. I bit my lips so I could stopped myself from talking, to let out any sound. "Oh hello there Phoenix? Do not worry too much, I'll take care of this little pretty vixen here while Daehyun there would give you some company."

That's when I heard the exchange of gun shots. I closed my eyes tightly but the sudden pain on my wounded stomach made me yelled in pain. " you Minho! Leave him alone!" I was bleeding. No. I was bleeding to death, the blood keep on flowing down my side that it leave me breathless. I gasped for air. "Why should I? You dragged him into this Chanyeol. And besides, he's already bleeding for the last six hours, it's still a miracle that he's still alive. Even without shooting this bullets on him he will die anyway."

I was drifting. I know I was losing. I was about to close my eyes when a loud gun shot was heard. And then I felt the pain on my chest. The loud scream of Chanyeol from behind me became too quite until I felt myself drowning to the pool of water that every sound around me disappeared.

I guess this time we will be 'too far to be too close'.

 

This is a goodbye, Yeol...