I'll Protect You

I'll Protect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel my cheeks heating up after he slowly pulled away from the kiss, his soft lips still brushing against mine as I felt him smile, "No words can express how happy I am that you're finally mine." My heart skipped a beat as he pressed his lips firmly against mine once again before whispering, "All mine."

 

And that was six months ago. I bit hard onto my lower lip to stop my smile from getting any wider. Six months, it has been six wonderful months with Jaebum, my new boyfriend. He was nothing but sweet to me. Though he has been busy with his work, which I can absolutely understand and should have known what I would be getting myself into the moment he asked me to be his, he still made time to see me as much as he could in between his schedule. 

I could not be any more grateful for that, for the amount of effort that he put into this relationship. I wasn't sure how dedicated he'd be when we first started dating as he's an idol and everything but he seemed to have proven me wrong and I love him even more for that. And to reward him for all of that initiative that he has taken for the both of us, I have decided to surprise him at one of his group's fansign event for their recent comeback. 

This would be like killing two birds with one stone because Jaebum has long pestered me about making our relationship public but I insisted on not doing so to protect his image and our privacy. Though his company, JYP, has known about us when we were only two weeks into the relationship, his CEO was more than happy for us and did not mind helping us make the announcement as the boys of GOT7 have long been off the dating ban. Even then, I was firm on choosing not to do so.

So now, once I appear at that fansign event, there will be no turning back. Not only will I surprise my boyfriend, but I will also surprise the whole world with our relationship. I have to admit that one of the reasons I did not want to go public with our relationship was because I feared it would not be stable. It would not look good on Jaebum to announce that he's in a relationship only for us to end it within a few months. 

But now, I'm confident in Jaebum as well as myself. I can see how much Jaebum wanted this and I wanted to make him happy, I will do this for him, for us. Nodding to myself in assurance, I picked up the latest GOT7 album which I have purchased online earlier this week and carefully placed it into my tote bag before leaving my home and headed towards the high school where their fansign event would be held for the day. 

 

My heart pounded against my chest as I heaved a breath before stepping into the school compound and gaping at all the GOT7 banners hanging around, feeling extremely self-conscious. Holy , this is it, I thought to myself. I nervously stood in line as fans scattered all over the place, waiting to get into the hall where the event will be taking place.

I jumped when one of the fans tapped on my shoulder, I turned to her with wide eyes, "Yes?" She smiled excitedly, "Hi! I noticed I haven't seen you around before. Are you new to the fandom?" I sheepishly scratched the back of my neck and nodded, "Um yeah, I guess I am." She stared weirdly at me for a bit before laughing it off, "Oh well, so when did you start liking GOT7?" I cleared my throat and shifted uncomfortably, "Err, six months ago?" She beamed, "Ah! So you are new! You must have begun liking them after the Look comeback, didn't you?"

I nodded and laughed awkwardly, "Oh yeah, yeah! Look is a great song, isn't it?" I tried so hard to not look suspicious but being nervous made me so awkward. She nodded along before turning away from me when the doors to the hall were opened. Oh thank god, I breathed out in relief as the girl totally forgot about my existence and scurried away towards the doors. 

I let out a huge breath before approaching the doors only to be stopped by one of the staff standing by the doors, "Oh, you came!" I fervently shook my head in panic and put my index finger onto my lips, signalling for her to keep it down, "Shhh, it's a surprise." I spoke in a hushed tone as she nodded knowingly and smirked playfully at me, "Alright sis, go get your man." I rolled my eyes as she winked and laughed out loud, earning unnecessary looks from people. I shot her a warning look before making my way into the hall.

I took my seat in the last row as I tried my best to not be noticed by any of the staff or even the members and my boyfriend himself. I needed him to only notice me when I'm sitting right in front of him, getting his autograph. I smiled in relief when I noticed no one sat next to me, this meant no questions and no awkwardness. I prepared myself mentally once the event has started. 

 

I had to shoot all of the staff who noticed me signals to not alert anyone that I'm here when I was in line, waiting to get my album signed. Thankfully, they were all very cooperative and helpful in making all the other staff and managers aware of what was about to happen. I gulped and sat down in front of the first member to sign my album, which was Yugyeom, I had to slap my hand over his mouth the moment he saw me. He lifted his hand to form an 'OK' sign while nodding with wide eyes. 

I carried on shooting every member glares the moment I settled in front of them. Fortunately, they all got the signal and were excited to see Jaebum's reaction as he was the last member to sign my album after Mark. My boyfriend did not look up as he took the album out of my grasp to begin scribbling with his Sharpie, "So what's your name?" The entire hall seemed to be silent as I was the last 'fan' to be getting the autographs and the members' reactions were making it seem as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter