You're My Home

You're My Home

"Jongin has not returned yet?"

Sehun turned his attention from his cellphone when he heard Suho's voice. His group leader was standing in the middle of the room with both hands at his waist. An anxious expression was clearly visible on the face of a man who was three years older than him.

"No, hyung," Chanyeol who was playing a game with Baekhyun shaking his head.

"Does anyone know where he went?" Suho asked again.

"I have no idea. He didn't say anything when he left. " replied D.O.

"Has anyone tried contacting him?"

"I've done it already, but he didn't answer my phone call or reply to my message," Chen said.

Suho sighed. Sehun looked at his cellphone. It’s already eleven o'clock, but it's not new if one of them comes home late at night, considering that their free time is indeed only at night. However Suho made a rule that anyone who would go home late at night had to inform — at least to him — where he was going, so he knew the whereabouts of if their manager suddenly decided to check on them.

"Come on, hyung. Maybe he is with Soojung and lost track of time. "Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"Should we try to contact Soojung then?" Suho looked thoughtful.

Baekhyun snorted. "And disturbing whatever they’re doing? No, thanks."

Sehun was watching Suho who was busy muttering something when his cellphone vibrated. He turned his attention back to his cellphone which now has one new message and looked at the sender's name.

Soojung.

Sehun opened the message and found three words written by the girl.

'I need you.'

Without thinking much, Sehun immediately called Soojung. After hearing a long dial tone, Sehun finally heard Soojung's voice across.

“Hello.”

Sehun frowned at Soojung's voice. He immediately knew that something had happened to the girl.

"Soojung-ah, where are you?"

Hearing Sehun mention Soojung's name, all EXO members immediately stopped whatever they’re doing and turned their heads to look at their maknae.

"Me?" There was a pause before Soojung continued, "I'm sure you know where I am."

"Stay there! Don’t go anywhere. Do you understand?" Sehun said quickly before hanging up.

The other EXO members still watched Sehun who was already standing and rushed into his room. Not long after that, he returned after changed his clothes and put on his jacket, complete with a hat and mask for disguise.

"I have to go, hyung. I have to meet Soojung, "Sehun said hastily.

"Ya! Isn't Jongin with Soojung?" Baekhyun asked.

"I don't think so, hyung. You have to try and look for him somewhere else," Sehun said while wearing his shoes.

"If he isn't with Soojung, then where is he?" asked Xiumin.

"I don’t know. It's your job to look for him, hyung. I have to go now."

"Ya! Oh Sehun! Tell me where are you going?”

Before Suho finished his question, Sehun had disappeared behind the front door.

Chanyeol shook his head. "What will we do with those two maknaes?"

-*-*-

Sehun drove his car fast. In his mind there was only Soojung and what happened to his friend. Where is Jongin? Did they fight? That’s the only reason Sehun can think of right now.

Everyone knows that Jung Soojung or Krystal and Kim Jongin or Kai are dating. They have been together for more than a year and several times their photos while on a date or wearing couple items spreading on the internet. Even so, that doesn't mean they never fight. As a friend of both parties, Sehun is probably the person who knows best about their relationship. Not just once he acted like a mediator for the couple.

Sehun stopped his car in a park. He got out of his car and look at the surroundings, making sure there was no one who followed him or saw him there. Although he was worried about Soojung, he still had to be careful of papparazi. He didn’t want to cause a problems for Soojung if they were both caught on camera together.

This park is Soojung's favorite place. It's not too far from the girl's house. Since the trainee period, if she feels sad, has a problem, or even angry, Soojung always goes to this park. Not many people come to the park, so Soojung really likes it. According to her, she could always calm down and clear her mind everytime she was in this park. As her best friend, Sehun already knew this because he often found Soojung here.

Sehun found Soojung on one of the park benches, the same place where he always found Soojung. The girl uses a hoodie and mask. She sat with her head down so that it was more difficult for Sehun to be able to see her face. Soojung didn't even raise her head when Sehun sat beside her.

Sehun lowered his mask and turned to look at Soojung.

"What are you doing here?"

"Do you know what time it is? It's not good for a girl like you to be outside alone until this late," he added.

"Where is Jongin? Did you two fight again?” Sehun keeps asking even when Soojung didn’t responded.

"We broke up," Soojung said in a very low voice — almost like a whisper — from behind her mask.

Sehun watched Soojung with wide eyes. Lately, the couple often fought. Their busy schedules makes them feel difficult to communicate and it affecting their relationship. However Sehun didn’t expect that they would end their relationship. He always thought that in the end Jongin and Soojung would find a way to solve their problems.

"How do you feel now? Are you okay?" Sehun asked when Soojung gave no further explanation.

Soojung finally raised her head, lowered her mask and looked at Sehun. She’s not crying, but even though it was only lit by the garden lights and moonlight, Sehun could see traces of tears on her face. Soojung shrugged her shoulders and looked down again.

"I have no idea. I don't know what I feel right now, "said Soojung.

Sehun raised his hand and placed it on Soojung's back, patting her slowly. He couldn’t count how many times he has been in a position like this. Every time Sehun came to Soojung after the girl fought with Jongin, they would only sit side by side. Soojung will be more silent and Sehun will only pat the girl's back, hoping to make her feel better.

"Everything will be fine," he said.

After hearing what happened, Sehun immediately knew where Jongin at this time. His group’s friend must be with Taemin. If Soojung will call Sehun after a fight with Jongin, then Jongin will go to Taemin.

"I don't know what happened to us." Soojung raised her head again and looked straight ahead. "I don't even know since when we became like this."

Sehun just kept quiet and let Soojung take out all her heart, as he always did. And as usual too, Sehun never likes to see Soojung like this. He doesn't like seeing Soojung sad.

"Before we both realized it, we were already in a different place and the distance between us was getting wider." Soojung sighed and continued, "When we finally realized it, it all seemed too late."

"I still love him," she said softly. "But I also know that if we keep pushing ourselves together, we might just end up hurting each other and even worse hate each other because of that. That's why we finally decided to end this. "

"If you are destined to be together, I'm sure you two will definitely find a way. If not— "Sehun paused for a moment, "—I am sure you will find someone who is better for you and you will be fine."

Soojung put her head on Sehun's shoulder and closed her eyes. Sehun has his arm around Soojung's shoulder and patted her occasionally.

"Do you know what makes me sad most?" asked Soojung.

 “What?”

Without actually seeing her, Sehun knew that Soojung was smiling a little. A smile that he also knew didn’t reach her eyes.

"Because maybe I lost him as my best friend too."

Sehun did not say anything and it seemed that Soojung also didn't expect him to say something. They fall into a comfortable silence between them.

"Everything will be fine." Sehun repeated his words. "You and Jongin will be fine and you will be fine. Give it some time. "

Both of them were silent for a while, busy with their own thoughts.

"Thank you," said Soojung.

"What for?"

Soojung chuckled. "Because you ran here when I needed you," she said.

Sehun laughed back. "Anytime, Soojung-ah. Anytime. "

"And thank you for making me feel better.”

"Isn't that what I always do?" Sehun asked with both eyebrows raised.

Soojung raised her head from Sehun's shoulder and hit his arm.

"Aigo! You and your big head! " She said with a chuckle.

Sehun laughed. "Admit it. What will you do without me, huh?"

Soojung paused and looked at the man beside her like she was judging him. She then raised her shoulders and put her head back on Sehun's shoulder.

"I don't know," she said. "But I don't think I'll be okay without you."

"I don't want to lose you too, " Soojung added. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you."

Sehun smiled and ruffled Soojung's hair, causing the girl to raise her head again and look at Sehun in annoyance. Meanwhile Sehun only chuckled at Soojung's annoyed expression which he always thought cute.

"You won’t, Jung. I will not leave you. You are stuck with me forever, "Sehun said with a laugh. "Now, smile! I don't want to see you cry. Do you know that you are so ugly when you're crying?"

"I'm not crying!"

"Ne. Ne. Whatever you say, Jung. "

Soojung looked at Sehun who was laughing and smiling slightly. She was serious when she said that she wouldn’t be okay without him. Whatever happens to her, Sehun is always by her side and can always make her feel better. That man always make her comfortable and Soojung knew she wouldn’t exchange him for anything or anyone.

Sehun suddenly stand up and offering his hand to Soojung.

"Let’s go home."

Soojung grabbed Sehun's hand, letting him to pull her up. Sehun never let go of her hand while they walked side by side to his car. Soojung looked at their hands that are still intertwined and smiled. She knew one thing for certain, that she could always count on him to make her feel better. The man who was holding her hand right now would always be her home.

-FIN-