[fin] misconception of you

Fall - For You.

a/n: so i was cleaning out my computer and found this? its been almost three years and i didn't even realize i wrote this continuation. i don't know what else to do with this so i figured i'd just post it lol, make sure you read part 1! (posting this raw because i'm too lazy to edit it)


 

Wendy slept for a couple hours before the rain woke her up.

 

She used to love the rain, until it started to remind her of her. She remembered the nights she held Irene close during thunderstorms, how her soft breathing blended with the rain tapping against the window.

 

Shaking her head from those thoughts, she went downstairs to get a glass of water.

 

The thunder had stopped, but the droplets landing on the roof still echoed throughout her home.

 

I can’t be in here right now.

 

Everything she pushed to the back of her mind about Irene suddenly surfaced, she saw memories of her everywhere she looked and it hurt too much.

 

She grabbed her car keys and decided to go for a drive.

 

She drove around aimlessly trying to sort out her thoughts, attempting to figure out when and how things got so complicated.

 

It was six in the morning, but the sky was still gloomy and it certainly wasn’t helping her mood.

 

She turned the corner of her block, mumbling to herself about the stupid weather.

 

Wendy was startled as she pulled up to her own home, there was a figure sitting on the porch looking distressed, head down with hands woven through soaked raven hair.

 

Immediately, she recognized the figure as Irene.

 

She quickly got out of her car, not forgetting the umbrella.

 

“Irene, what are you doing here?! It’s six in the morning and you’re soaked, are you crazy?!!”

 

The small girl looked up at Wendy with swollen eyes.

 

Everything disappeared with that one look; all of the confusion, the questions. All she could see and think of was Irene, so she instinctively offered her hand out to help up the fragile girl and spoke with a much softer voice,

 

“…Let’s talk inside.”

 

Wendy held her cold hand as she lead her up to her room, the silence was deafening between them.

 

She pulled out a towel and a change of clothes, an oversized hoodie with sweatpants to keep her warm.

 

“You can change in here, I’ll be downstairs when you’re done.”

 

Irene just nodded before Wendy shut the door behind her.

 

Wendy sat on the couch nervously as she rubbed her palms on her lap. Her mind was processing too many questions, she couldn’t even pick one question to ask Irene out of the obvious ones.

 

Why are you here? A part of her knew why the girl was there.

 

Are you okay? Remembering her swollen eyes and shaky hands, she was far from okay.

 

How-

 

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard her bedroom door open. Suddenly her mind went blank as Irene descended the stairs, drying the ends of her hair. Wendy doesn’t know why but she stood up the moment she saw her.

 

The raven-haired girl passed her without sparing a glance or a single word, she took a seat on the couch as she continued drying her hair.

 

Unsure of what to do or say, Wendy just sat and waited for her to speak.

 

The passing minutes felt like hours. The questions returned and began to overwhelm Wendy, she looked to Irene but was only met with her side profile.

 

Her breath hitched, even when the girl was in this state, she was still effortlessly beautiful.

 

But then she started to notice the underlying layers. Her breath was weighted with her shoulders as if she was carrying the world’s burden. Her eyes were tired and sunken in, she looked like she hadn’t slept at all. Her gaze was kept forward, but she was looking at nothing. Her mind and her body were two separate things, it broke Wendy.

 

Her body took control as she slowly took the towel from Irene’s hands,

 

“Face me,” she continued to speak gently.

 

Irene slowly faced her body towards Wendy as she brought her legs up onto the couch and sat cross legged. But she still managed to avoid Wendy’s eyes.

 

She was never the type to openly express her emotions and the odd times that she did were only towards Wendy, but even that involved some coaxing from the younger girl.

 

Wendy decided not to push her this time, trusting her to say something eventually. She was going to be patient – as she always was.

 

She brought the towel over Irene’s head and allowed it to cover her face. She massaged her scalp, making sure it was dry as well. Wendy slowly gathered the towel into her hands as Irene’s face was revealed again, but now her eyebrows were furrowed.

 

Before Wendy could stop herself, she leaned in closer and kissed Irene’s forehead.

 

That finally broke Irene. She released a broken sob and Wendy immediately pulled away, finally realizing what she had done.

 

Before she could go anywhere or say anything, a shaky hand reached out and held her forearm,

 

“Wait! No please, don’t– don’t leave. Seungwan please don’t leave.”

 

Wendy’s heart shattered as she heard the desperate tone in her voice, it immediately drew her back, but she was still hesitant.

 

“Irene, I.. “

 

She was at loss for words, she really didn’t know what to say. She just wanted to pull her into a hug and tell her everything was going to be okay, but that was for Bogum to do-

 

Screw it.

 

Irene collapsed into her arms the moment she felt Wendy pulling her towards her.

 

Her small shaky fists balled up the fabric of Wendy’s collar as she sobbed into her neck.

 

Wendy’s eyes began to water, she had never seen Joohyun so broken but she had to stay strong for her.

 

She leaned back against the armrest of the couch as she pulled Irene closer. She secured an arm around her waist as her other hand drew circles on her back, trying to calm her down.

 

“I’m here, it’s okay Joohyun, I’m here.”

 

As she spoke words of comfort, she held on tighter as if she was going to slip out of her hands.

 

Irene sobbed once more at mention of her Korean name, she had always adored the way Wendy said it, just like the way Wendy’s gaze changed whenever she called her Seungwan.

 

But when they started to drift apart, it was just Irene and Wendy. It was no longer intimate, but it couldn’t be intimate anymore.

 

Memories started to flash of Wendy slowly disappearing from her life, she cried harder as she wondered how she could ever let that happen. Then she remembered last night, how Wendy’s goodbye sounded so final.

 

She tightened her grip on Wendy’s shirt, knuckles turning white.

 

“Please don’t leave me Seungwan. Please, please don’t go,”

 

Seungwan kissed the top of her head, “I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

She continued to soothe her until her cries were reduced to nothing and she could only feel her soft breathing. She felt a sense of déjà vu, but it was different this time.

 

Joohyun had cried herself to sleep, her weak body completely relaxed as her legs entangled with Seungwan’s.

 

Meanwhile, Seungwan caressed Joohyun’s tear stained cheeks, the girl was finally at peace compared to two hours ago.

 

The older girl began to stir until Seungwan began drawing circles on her back again. Her ear pressed against her chest, allowing the steady beating beneath to lull her back to sleep.

 

Seungwan decided to let her rest knowing that she probably didn’t get any sleep the night before.

 

She eventually closed her eyes as well, falling into a deep sleep as Joohyun slept against her.

 

It was around 10am when Seungwan finally woke, the sun had broken through the clouds and the rain had stopped. She glanced down at the small girl in her arms, still consumed by sleep. She moved her hand to brush her hair out of her face, admiring her beauty.

 

It stopped quickly when her fingertips brushed over her burning forehead; Joohyun was getting a fever.

 

She slowly stirred the girl awake, not missed how Joohyun buried her head further into her neck.

 

“Joohyun-ah,” Seungwan cooed in the softest voice, “Joohyunnie, you need to wake up”

 

“Mm, Wan?”

 

If she wasn’t going to wake up now, she was surely going to wake up from Seungwan’s rapidly beating heart.

 

“I- I think you have a fever?”

 

Joohyun kept mumbling into her neck, Seungwan wasn’t sure anymore if she had a fever or if she was just feeling incredibly warm from being this close to the older girl after so long.

 

“I’m so cold,” her voice quivered.

 

“Okay, up, up now. Let me make you some soup, I’ll get you some blankets.”

 

Seungwan started to move until Joohyun’s arms tightened around her, Seungwan knew.

 

“I’ll come right back Joohyun..”

 

Embarrassed, she moved off on Seungwan and waited for her to come back. It seemed like it was less than a minute before she was engulfed with a big blanket, but it didn’t provide the same warmth that Seungwan did.

 

“I’m going to bring you some soup and medicine, okay? Don’t move, just rest.”

 

It wasn’t long before they were seated beside each other again, another uncomfortable silence washed over them as Joohyun finished the last bit of her soup.

 

Seungwan was the first to break the silence,

 

“Look I know you’re not feeling well so we can talk another time, I’m-“ she released a sigh as she thought about the words she was about to say,

 

“I’m gonna text Bogum to pick-“

 

“Don’t.”

 

It was the first time Joohyun spoke clearly since she got there that morning. A tone Seungwan finally recognized, certainty.

 

She looked in to her eyes and was met with a steady gaze, before she could ask anything Joohyun spoke again.

 

She set her bowl down on the table before wrapping the blanket tighter around her small frame, her fever had already started to subside.

 

“I broke up with him.. yesterday, actually. Or this morning I guess?”

 

Seungwan tried to push her thoughts away of how adorable Joohyun looked as she became confused, now was not the time.

 

“But after you left last night, I felt like my whole world came crashing down. And when he came to pick me up, I was just furious at him. He didn’t even do anything.. but I didn’t want to see him. I wanted to see you.”

 

She paused, trying to gage any kind of reaction from the girl sitting across from her, but she just stared at her and let her continue.

 

“I thought that maybe it was the alcohol, but I was tired of using excuses. I realized I didn’t have the answers to everything because the same questions came back after you left. And you.. You just seemed to have the answers Seungwan, you always did.”

 

Seungwan stared back in disbelief, processing everything Joohyun was saying.

 

“I told Bogum what happened when he got there and he said I just missed my best friend. But that wasn’t the answer. He didn’t have the answers to anything, but all I had to do was take one look at you and things would make sense.”

 

Joohyun almost started to look frustrated as she continued,

 

“You just knew what to say, you had all the answers. But with him.. he didn’t know what to say. I used to look at you and just know, but he didn’t get it Seungwan. He didn’t get me like you did.”

 

“But that’s what best friends are supposed to do Joohyun, we’re supposed to get each other, we’re supposed to just know. So please don’t tell me you ended things with a good guy because you misunderstood yourself. You should’ve seen how your eyes would light up when you talked about it, he made you happy.”

 

Seungwan had to rule everything out, there’s no way Joohyun could like her back. She’s considered all of the possibilities, it’s just not possible. She’s already convinced herself that they would only ever be friends.

 

“He did, but not as happy as you made me. Every single time I was with him, I was thinking of you. There were so many things he did that reminded me of you, but he never did anything as well as you did. He wasn’t you.”

 

Joohyun took a deep breath, Seungwan wasn’t getting the point.

 

“Joohyun, you have to be confused. A part of this is my fault, I shouldn’t have just let the distance grow between us. I mean, we saw each other almost every single day! Of course I’d still be a part of your daily and mental routine!”

 

By now, Seungwan was just throwing out senseless reasons.

 

“Then tell me why I wasn’t comfortable in his arms. Tell me why I couldn’t open up to him. Tell me why-“

 

“You just need to give it some time!“

 

“For god sakes Seungwan, I couldn’t even bring myself to kiss him!”

 

Joohyun briefly raised her voice and a heavy silence lingered between them. Seungwan’s head dropped.

 

Joohyun allowed her breathing to settle before she broke the silence once again.

 

“…But then I see you after months and the first thing I want is to be in your arms, to kiss your lips and tell you how much I’ve missed you.”

 

Seungwan looks up, reading Joohyun’s expression; it’s clear, it’s honest.

 

Joohyun’s voice begins to soften as she leans in closer, the blanket slipping off her shoulders,

 

“Then I find myself doing stupid things.. like waiting on your porch in the pouring rain, not even sure if you’re home,”

 

Seungwan is drawing deeper in to Joohyun’s gaze as the latter draws closer.

 

“.. and you take me in without even asking me for an explanation,”

 

Joohyun brings her hand up to caress Seungwan’s jaw,

 

“But now I’ve given you an explanation, so please Seungwan, can you take me in once more?”

 

Seungwan’s gaze drops to Joohyun’s parted lips before meeting her eyes again, her words coming out in a faint whisper,

 

“I don’t think this is what you want…”

 

Joohyun answers by closing the distance between them. Their lips finally meet and Seungwan finds herself in a state of pure bliss.

The kiss becomes more intimate than either of them intended it to be. Joohyun moves her hand from Seungwan’s jaw to behind her neck and deepens the kiss. Seungwan pulls Joohyun onto her lap and rests her hands on the girl’s lower back.

 

It’s Joohyun who pulls away first, panting in to Seungwan’s mouth. She giggles as she wipes some of her lip chap from the corner of Seungwan’s lips.

 

Seungwan leans her forehead against Joohyun’s as her fingers draw circles at the back of Seungwan’s neck.

 

Joohyun’s breathing steadies before she whispers against the brunette’s lips, “this is everything I wanted.”

 

With that, Seungwan places a chaste kiss on the corner of before pulling her in to a hug.

 

Joohyun runs her fingers through Seungwan’s hair as she brings her head closer to her chest. Tears fall from her eyes as she kisses Seungwan’s head and the younger girl pulls away.

 

A small smile leaves Joohyun’s lips as Seungwan’s warm hands worriedly cup her cheeks,

 

“What’s the matter?” Confusion and concern paint her expression as she wipes away her tears.

 

Joohyun brings her hand up to meet the hand on her cheek and leans into her touch,

 

“I’m just happy,” there’s a glint in Joohyun’s eyes.

 


a/n: I hope you're all doing well and staying safe and healthy. Thank you always for keeping up with my mess lol

-a.r

twt: @chaesingvelvet