I fell for a Human

I fell for a Human

This is the 2nd part of my 'The Dragon's Lair' series which I actually started back in 2016 when I posted "I fell for a Dragon" which was actually written in Jin's POV. I always planned to write more and even back in 2016 I wrote a large chunk of Taehyung's POV, but then stopped as I became busy with real life and also other works. However, yesterday, Fury_Jav left such a beautiful comment on " I fell for a Dragon" that I thought to myself how it is about time for me to finish this. You do not have to read "I fell for a Dragon" in order to understand this, since this was written from Tae's POV, but if you want to know Jin's POV as well, then you should. But, I must warn you that my writing in 2016 was much worse than now and I haven't had the time to edit my previous works yet, so there are probably much more mistakes in " I fell for a Dragon" than in this work. The ending of this story is left in such a way for me to continue it once, if I get inspired enough and have time for it. However, I must say that I have no plans on doing it anytime soon.


 

“Taehyung, are you sure about this?”

“Dad, for the 10th time—I am sure. Trust me, I need to do this.”

Taehyung watched as his dad scanned over his face as if trying to find some uncertainty in his words, but after he found none, he let out a defeated sigh, before pulling him in a tight hug.

“You be careful there. Seoul is not like Daegu. People there are not as friendly as here. You can’t trust everyone.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes while hugging his dad and chuckled as he said, “Dad, I am not a kid anymore. I am turning 21 this year, so don’t worry about me. I won’t go babbling to people that I can fly and breathe fire, if that’s what you are worried about.”

 “Insolent brat,” his dad murmured in his ear, but there was no malice in his words.

Taehyung hugged his dad tighter as he whispered, “I will visit you, old man. I just really need a change of place after…You know…”

His dad broke the hug and stared at him fondly, saying, “I know. And, I have no doubt that you will succeed in Seoul. After all, you are the rightful heir to the Dragon Lair, and it is time to expand our business. So, go and make me proud.”

Taehyung smiled widely as he waved to his father, before spreading his wings and soaring up into the clear blue sky.

He breathed in the clear air, enjoying his newly found freedom.

It was not like he wasn’t feeling free in Daegu, but it was just that lately too many things had him feeling restricted.

He loved Daegu from the bottom of his heart.

 He loved the people there who would always greet him happily as he went to school every morning, with him returning the greetings, equally cheerful, a wide smile always plastered on his face.

He enjoyed the familiarity and the close bonds that formed between the people there, since Daegu wasn’t such a big town and most people knew each other.

Also, Daegu was well-known to be the center of dragon population, with most dragon families living there—his family being one of them.

The Kim’s were a highly respected family, with his father being one of the wisest and strongest dragons out there, and his grandfather being one of those who helped save many families from extinction a 100 years ago when humans attacked the dragon village in Gyeongju and held many dragons captive and even killed some of them.

His and Yoongi’s grandfather were the ones who managed to rescue the majority of dragons from getting caught and led them to Daegu, where they built new homes.

His family was also popular among dragon families, because of their café—the Dragon’s Lair— which was said to be one of the best coffee shops in South Korea.

The secret was in the special dragon powders they put in their customers drink while for humans they made regular coffees, so that they wouldn’t suspect their skills and try to find out about their special ingredients which might lead to the discovery that the owners of the café are, in fact, real dragons.

Jeon Jungkook was one of the many dragons that visited his father’s coffee shop, about a year ago.

He was a 19 year-old handsome, fit, ambitious guy.

He came from Busan with his human friend Jimin, in hopes of getting a job at the Dragon’s Lair.

His desire to learn about coffee, along with his abilities, had his father charmed into offering him a job on the same day Jungkook entered the café.

However, his father wasn’t the only one charmed by the raven-haired young dragon.

Taehyung, who worked there part-time, also found himself attracted to the new barista.

The fact that he was the one training Jungkook was another factor contributing to him falling for the younger boy.

Surprisingly, it was Jungkook who made the first move when he kissed him 2 months into knowing each other on one late night spent in the café kitchen with no one else around.

Taehyung, of course, reciprocated the feelings and they started dating.

Jungkook was his first real boyfriend.

Well, he had some short-term relationships before, all with dragons of course, since he was never attracted to humans, but he was sure that Jungkook was the first one he fell in love with, for real.

Jungkook seemed to be even crazier about him, always clinging to him and wanting to spend as much time together, much to Taehyung’s satisfaction.

That was why, after exactly 9 months of blissful dating, it came as a shock that Jungkook told him how he wanted to leave Daegu.

At first, Taehyung thought how Jungkook wanted to go back to Busan to his family, which was perfectly understandable, but Jungkook told him how he wanted to leave somewhere else.

“Where to?”

Taehyung remembered asking his former boyfriend with anxiety.

 “I don’t know. Anywhere. Everywhere, really. Will you come with me?”

Jungkook had asked him, with a hopeful look, making Taehyung’s chest tighten.

“B-but for how long?”

Taehyung had asked, feeling more and more nervous.

“I don’t know, Tae. I want to be free. I want to explore the world. I want to learn many new things. I want adventure, I want the thrill, but most of all—I want freedom. And I want you by my side.”

Jungkook said with a fierce look in his eyes, and Taehyung felt short of breath at that moment.

He had always admired Jungkook’s determination and ambition, as well as his competiveness and desire to explore new things.

However, Taehyung was not like that.

Sure, he loved adventure and he loved being spontaneous from time to time, but, also, he loved having a place to come home to at the end of the day.

He was someone who wanted to put down roots somewhere.

He longed to come back to a place he called home, to a loving family, or to his lover, or just in general to people he loved and cared for.

And as much as he was crazy about Jungkook, he realized at that point that he still put his own desires above Jungkook’s.

He just couldn’t leave everything, without having a specific place to go to.

He wasn’t up for that nomadic life that Jungkook so desperately strived for.

That was why, even though he felt as if someone was ripping his heart in two at that moment, he had answered.

“I am sorry, Jungkook. I can’t. I am not into that lifestyle. I love you, but I can’t…”

He was met with silence and when he looked at Jungkook, he could see pain and sadness in those big brown eyes he loved so much and he felt like crying.

“Tae…I love you too, but I need my freedom. I need this…I am so sorry…”

And in that moment, Taehyung realized that Jungkook also put his own needs first, and as much as that realization hurt, he was kind of relieved too.

At least, none of them would feel like they forced the other one to do something they didn’t want to and be unhappy for the sake of the other.

He closed the distance between them, cupping Jungkook’s face, before whispering.

“I guess this is goodbye then…,” as he caught his first love’s lips in one last kiss full of emotions.

When they broke apart, Jungkook caressed his cheek gently and whispered, “I am really going to miss you…Goodbye, Tae…”

And with those words he flew into the sky and out of Taehyung’s life.

After a few hours of not moving and staring into the sky, Taehyung finally whispered.

“Goodbye, Kookie…,” before returning to the café.

Afterwards, everything became too unbearable for him.

Everything reminded him of Jungkook.

The café where they had their first kiss.

The park near the kindergarten where Jungkook first told him he loved him after 5 months of dating.

The forest in which they spent their first night together under the moonlight.

Everything started to suffocate him with memories of their happy times, and he had to get away.

That was why he decided to go to Seoul and expand their business there.

He needed to be somewhere away from Daegu and everything associated to Jungkook, and the capital city was perfect for that.

His parents were not really fond of the idea of letting their baby-boy (even though he was turning 21 this December) go alone into the unknown city with no dragon friends by his side.

But, thankfully, they understood how he felt and why he needed to go, and so with a heavy heart he left the life he led for 20 years, and was now heading into the unknown.

It was a scary, but exciting feeling, and he couldn’t wait to settle in the big city.

“Can you stop with your daydreaming and fly faster? I want to get there as soon as possible and ing go to sleep already…,” a familiar irritated voice echoed next to him, startling him out of his reverie and making him open his eyes abruptly.

He turned his head to the right, meeting the usual disinterested pair of narrow dark brown eyes, covered with minty strands falling over the pale forehead while the emerald wings flapped almost lazily next to him.

“What the hell, Yoongi? Why are you following me?”

Taehyung asked, slightly surprised and annoyed.

“First of all, Min Yoongi does not follow anyone, you little snot,” the minty haired dragon scoffed and Taehyung clicked his tongue at the insult.

“Second of all, you didn’t really think I was going to be stuck in Daegu while you are having the time of your life in the capital of South Korea? Fat chance, little twerp,” the dragon snorted as he mocked him and Taehyung could already feel his throat itching as he felt fire crawling up, ready to be released at the rude bastard next to him.

“Finally, Jiminie always said he wanted to live in Seoul, so why not?”

The usually sarcastic dragon finished in a fond whisper, and Taehyung grinned.

“Aww, your little human has you totally whipped,” Taehyung cooed, causing the green haired dragon to glare at him as he spoke in a murderous voice.

 “Kim Taehyung, I will end you.”

“What? I actually think how it’s so adorable that a small human managed to tame the big, bad, indifferent Min Yoongi,” Taehyung mocked once again, sticking his tongue out, while dodging a fireball flying towards him ( the courtesy of the said big, bad green-haired dragon).

His laughter roared the skies as he flew towards Seoul faster while hearing Yoongi cursing behind him as he tried to catch up, and burn him to death.

Oh well, maybe it won’t be so bad having company in Seoul.

And a fellow dragon is always welcome, even if that dragon was his grumpy friend ( acquaintance, as Yoongi corrected him every time, even though they have known each other since diapers), who was dating Park Jimin, an adorable human being, and unfortunately Jungkook’s best friend.

Taehyung frowned at the thought of anything related to Jungkook, and shook his head, trying to dismiss all thoughts about his former lover.

From today on, he was going to begin a new life in a new town, and he would lead a single life, with no intention of falling in love with another dragon anytime soon.

Much to his surprise, settling in Seoul turned out to be easier than he had expected it to be.

It was mostly thanks to his father who finally agreed to let him leave Daegu on the condition that he has to establish the Dragon’s Lair in a building he chose and bought.

Taehyung agreed to it reluctantly, but when he and Yoongi came to the Jung District, on the north side of the breathtaking Han River, where the building his father bought for him was, he thought how this wasn’t such a bad idea.

He stared at the two-storey rustic looking building with red bricks, giving it a rough appearance. It should have looked cold, but surprisingly, it didn’t. It was a perfect addition to the houses in this historical centre of the city. The mix of new high rise office buildings and shopping malls clustered together was disrupted by traditional-looking houses and low buildings, giving this part of town an unusual appeal of blending old with new—traditional with modern.

He was also pleased that the second storey was his and he had it all to himself, making it his new home.

Yoongi had already rented a small apartment nearby for him and Jimin, and so the 3 of them began the tiring, but satisfactory job, of making this building into a homelike, pleasant place to visit and live in.

It took them 2 months to make the Dragon’s Lair functional, and a few weeks after its opening, it was obvious that they had done a great job.

The café was always full, mostly packed with students from Dongguk University which was located just 15 minutes away by foot from the coffee shop, and also it was often frequented by families, who enjoyed its warm atmosphere.

Also, many girls visited the café just to get the glimpse of the devilishly attractive fiery orange-haired barista (himself), the black-haired bagel boy with the most adorable smile ( Jiminnie who worked there sometimes when he wasn’t tutoring dancing in a dance studio in Hongdae), and even the mint-haired boy with a constantly pissed off expression that made the girls swoon over his bad boy aura instead of fearing for their life  which Yoongi tried to convey with his facial expression ( but failed miserably).

All in all, life was currently good for Taehyung.

He was successful and he was so busy with work that he had no time to think about Jungkook.

On top of all that, he also had his two friends by his side, so he didn’t feel completely lonely.

However, sometimes when he would come home to his empty apartment, after an exhausting day, he would feel slightly alone, not having someone to cuddle with, or share his worries with.

But, he would always burry those feelings deep down, trying to stay positive as always.

Taehyung had never thought that there would be a day when he would admit to himself that Min Yoongi was actually right about something.

That was until today.

In this moment, he regretted calling Yoongi a liar when the older dragon said that he met an angel.

In Yoongi’s case that angel was Park Jimin, a dancing prodigy who was the same age as Taehyung.

Taehyung practically fell for the adorable boy ( in a platonic sense only) when he met him.

The two of them immediately became close friends, much to Yoongi’s dismay, who couldn’t understand how his boyfriend tolerated such a “weird, idiotic lump” ( a special nickname he had for Taehyung ever since they were kids.)

The only problem with Jimin was that he was a human.

Taehyung didn’t think it was a big deal, but Yoongi’s family and most of the other dragons didn’t consider it appropriate for him to be dating a human being.

 They were still untrustworthy when it came to humans, because of the events that took place a 100 years ago when humans practically hunted down dragons, reducing them to measly numbers.

That was why, nowadays, dragons usually mingled amongst themselves and rarely revealed their true identity to humans for fear of history repeating itself.

However, Yoongi never cared much about all of that, so when Jungkook brought his best friend Jimin to the café one day, and the said boy flashed his adorable smile to Yoongi, causing the green-haired impassive guy to become flustered for the first time in his life, he disregarded all of the beliefs about humans being evil he was taught since childhood.

Jimin and Yoongi started dating pretty quickly and Jimin didn’t mind Yoongi being a dragon , since his best friend Jungkook was a dragon, so he wasn’t disturbed by any of that.

Yoongi kept telling everyone he was dating an angel and not a human, and Taehyung would always snort at his remark.

No matter how cute Jimin was, Taehyung could not see him as an angel, having seen Jimin in various conditions, from wasted to the one vomiting all over his bed in the morning after.

For Taehyung, there was nothing angelic about seeing all of the contents of his human friend’s stomach on his favourite MapleStory bed sheets.

Today, though, he was proven wrong.

Angels did exist.

He was sure of that, because he was currently staring at one in the form of a tall, broad-shouldered human being with large, round caramel-like eyes, plump lips and silky tawny strands falling over his forehead.

It took Taehyung a few seconds to regain his composure as he stared at the flawless creature in front of him who, he realized, was staring at him as well.

He widened his eyes slightly, shocked that he was so mesmerized by a human being, and he quickly put on his professional look, walking towards the counter, saying.

“Hello, can I help you?”

Damn it Taehyung, you were supposed to say-“Hello, may I take your order?” he chided himself mentally, feeling like an idiot.

He was surprised to see the handsome stranger in front of him looking slightly surprised when he spoke and Taehyung really wanted to know why that guy had such a reaction, but then the guy cleared his throat, opening his mouth.

“Uhm, I need something to de-stress?”

and he said it more like a question, causing Taehyung to arch his eyebrow curiously.

The guy noticed Taehyung’s reaction, because he corrected himself immediately, stuttering slightly, which was really cute.

“Uh, I mean, uh, anything is fine, as long as it has caffeine, yeah, so whatever you make me is fine.”

Taehyung stared at the guy in front of him, loving how soft the guy’s voice sounded, taking in his bare-face that made him look even more innocent than those doe-like eyes and he realized that he was staring at the human longer than he should have when he noticed the guy shifting on his feet awkwardly.

“I have just the thing. Go sit at one of the tables and I will bring it to you in a few minutes,” he said, in an attempt to cover up for his staring which seemed to work as the guy nodded and went to sit at the table near the speakers.

Taehyung went to the kitchen to get the ingredients for the coffee and also to calm his nerves.

He was feeling really weird around that guy.

Was it because he was so beautiful?

However, he had seen many attractive and handsome dragons in his life and even dated them, but maybe the difference now was that this guy was a human and yet he looked so out of this world.

Whatever the reason was, Taehyung tried to snap out of his daze, wondering what coffee he should make for the guy.

He did want something to “de-stress”.

And also, he looked really exhausted.

Taehyung opted for a caramel macchiato, the colour reminding him of the guy’s eyes and he was just about to bring it to the guy, when a thought crossed his mind.

He took a small bag with copper powder in it, out of his pocket.

He stared at it for a while, biting his lower lip nervously.

Technically, he was only supposed to use this when mixing drinks for dragons, so that humans wouldn’t notice that their coffee tasted ‘weird’, and started to ask questions about where they got the ingredients.

But, the guy really seem tired, and truth to be told, Taehyung wanted to leave an impression on him, so he thought ‘the hell with it’ and sprinkled some of the powder in the macchiato, making it completely red.

He took a deep sigh and went out of the kitchen with a cup in his hand.

He started walking towards the guy’s table and only when he was next to it, did he realize that the human had fallen asleep.

It was Sunday night, well or more like Monday morning, since it was 2:30 a.m., and there were no people in the café, except for him, the human, and Yoongi, who was slacking off and sleeping in the opposite corner like he usually did.

That was why Taehyung put the cup in front of the guy and took a seat opposite him.

He propped his chin on his clasped hands and stared at the sleeping human in front of him.

His head was resting on his hands, the yellowish-brown strands falling over his forehead as his long, black eyelashes casted a shadow on his milky cheeks. His plump lips were slightly parted and Taehyung couldn’t look away. The boy really was an angel.

Or at least—he sure looked like one.

Unconsciously, he raised his arm towards the sleeping angel, and tucked the strands of his hair behind his ear.

Soft.

Just as he had suspected it.

The boy stirred slightly in his sleep which caused Taehyung to quickly retract his hand, feeling shocked that he had done something like that to some guy he didn’t know.

What the hell was wrong with him?!

After about 10 more minutes of staring at the guy, he was worried that his drink was getting cold, so he blew a bit of fire on it, to heat it up.

At that moment the human started waking up and Taehyung panicked a bit, afraid that maybe he was caught breathing fire.

However, he was met with the most adorable sight ever.

The guy in front of him had puffy eyes, blinking a few times, seemingly disoriented, his hair slightly tousled which made Taehyung smile, thinking how cute this guy was, as he said, “ Hey…Finally awake…”

The guy, as if finally realizing where he was, immediately straightened in his seat and Taehyung noticed his ears getting pink from embarrassment.

Seriously, how could a grown guy look so cute?!

He watched the guy with amusement as he started stuttering and explaining himself.

“I am s-sorry, I was just tired from studying, and oh God this is so embarrassing…”

Taehyung let out an amused chuckle when the guy in front of him groaned from shame, and he , saying, “Well, at least you didn’t drool.”

He almost burst out laughing when he saw the guy biting his lip bitterly and heard him murmuring, “Yeah, lucky me.”

Taehyung smiled and decided to end the guy’s misery by saying, “Anyways, it’s no big deal, really. Here is your de-stress drink.”

He wanted to laugh again when he saw the guy staring at the drink in front of him suspiciously.

His round eyes inspected the drink and Taehyung knew that the guy probably found its red colour and lack of smell strange, so he encouraged him, saying with and expectant grin, “Come on, try it. It’s my own creation.”

Yeah, right. As if saying that it was his own creation was going to make this guy drink it, Taehyung frowned at himself.

It was not like the human could trust Taehyung when he didn’t even know him.

 He was ready for the guy to ask him what it was, or to say how he wants real coffee, only to be taken aback when the guy looked at him, then at the drink, and then took a sip of it.

He felt as if he was put under a spell, unable to take his eyes off the stunning guy in front of him, who had his eyes closed and his head thrown back, displaying his smooth, long neck and when he gulped, making his Adam apple move, Taehyung his lips unconsciously.

When the guy’s beautiful eyes fluttered open, staring at Taehyung in some sort of a daze, whispering, “How?” Taehyung just knew that the dragon powder had definitely worked on him.

 That was why he broke into his wide grin, whispering playfully, ”It’s a secret. The drink is on me. If you ever feel stressed, come here and I will help you de-stress. It’s a promise.”

And before he had the time to think of what he was doing, he winked at the guy, getting up from his seat, and going into the kitchen, before the human could say anything.

The moment he was inside the kitchen, he banged his head against the wall, mumbling, “Oh my God, did I really just flirt with a human? And also winked at him? And gave him a free dink, inviting him to come here more often? What is wrong with me?!”

He kept banging his head lightly, until Yoongi walked in, asking, “Finally lost it, huh?”

Taehyung just flipped him off, sighing loudly and going to his apartment.

He needed some time alone.

After that fateful first meeting, it sort of became a regular thing for Jin, which was the name of the human he found out after the human himself nervously asked him what his name was on his 4th, or 5th visit to the café, to appear at the Dragon’s Lair from time to time.

It was then that Taehyung realized he couldn’t really maintain just some sort of a customer-employee relationship, not when he felt so excited and pleased the moment Jin asked about his name which allowed them to finally get properly acquainted.

What followed after was some sort of a friendship he developed with the interesting human, at first mostly consisting of Taehyung treating Jin to various drinks containing different dragon powders under the excuse of using Jin as a ‘guinea pig for his new creations’.

In reality, it was just an excuse, because somehow, Taehyung really didn’t want for Jin to pay the drinks, with him being a poor student, well—not really ‘poor’ per se, but Taehyung realized from his conversations with Jin that it was not really economically easy to be a student in Seoul.

Luckily, Jin never called him out for his bull of an excuse, despite the long-suffering looks he always sent his way when Taehyung refused to take his money.

Yoongi, on the other hand, had no such qualms about sending him knowing smirks whenever Taehyung refused Jin’s money which usually resulted in Taehyung flipping off the minty-haired dragon whenever Jin was not looking.

Naturally, that made Yoongi even more gleeful as he even seemed to be ready to approach Jin a few times and probably embarrass Taehyung in some sort of way.

However, whenever Taehyung felt such a vibe from the annoying dragon, he would quickly steer Jin away into the secluded corner in the café, at a small table, all the while sending Yoongi warning glares until the green-haired dragon would snort with amusement and back off for the time being.

Jin’s visits to the café became frequent and before Taehyung knew it, already a few months had flown by, since he had met the human that made his insides twist in such a way that left him nervous, but also excited whenever that familiar face appeared before him.

During that time, he found himself anticipating Jin’s arrival more and more, practically leaving everything behind whenever the med-student walked into his café, just to serve him one of his ‘de-stress’ drinks and chat with him.

Well, ‘chat’ was not really the right word for the usually ‘one-sided’ conversations which consisted mostly of Jin complaining about the difficulty of his student-life, or more like the demanding curriculum.

He didn’t mind it though.

He enjoyed listening to Jin, usually getting lost in those eyes that shone brightly whenever Jin talked about something that interested him, or even the way they darkened whenever Jin was angered by something, the way his gaze would become hooded and darker making Taehyung imagine what it would be like to have such a gaze directed towards him, but not out of anger, but rather out of arous—!

He would always scowl at himself when those thoughts flooded his mind, becoming a rather frequent occurrence the more he and Jin interacted.

No matter how it sometimes seemed that Jin was nervous around him, or the way there would be pink dusting his cheeks in those moments when Taehyung about something, he was sure that those were just normal reactions Jin had whenever he was embarrassed, or shy about something.

Taehyung did not have any illusions that Jin only acted like that around him, because he had some stronger feelings towards him other than the sort of platonic relationship they had.

He was convinced that Jin acted like that around all of his male and female friends.

That thought always left an unpleasant feeling in his gut, but he would usually disperse it quickly, telling himself how silly he was acting.

Also, he hated to admit how much it warmed his chest whenever Jin inquired about him, actually wanting to get to know him better.

Unfortunately, Taehyung couldn’t disclose much about his life, so as to not accidentally reveal what he really was.

That was why whenever Jin would want for him to talk about his life, he would usually answer, “I am not that interesting, I would much rather listen to you,” trying to ignore the pang of guilt at the way Jin’s expression fell every time he said that.

No matter how much he wanted to tell Jin everything, he was afraid that the human would never want to see him again after he found out he was a dragon.

And that was something he couldn’t afford.

After all, he had gotten so used to Jin’s company and he wasn’t sure how he would react if Jin was to leave his life, just like Jungkook did.

, had he just compared Jin’s presence in his life to Jungkook’s?

Taehyung widened his eyes with horror one day when he realized just how important Jin had become to him to even compare him to his first love.

.

He bit his lower lip nervously as he let out a troubled sigh while sitting on one of the stools in the kitchen, an hour left before they were supposed to open the café.

“What has gotten your knickers in a twist,” a low voice asked, effectively snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts.

When he looked up he saw Yoongi standing at the door, his arms crossed over his chest, his gaze sleepy, but also serious.

He knew that there was no use lying to Yoongi, but also he wasn’t sure he wanted to talk about it to his friend.

Even though he was pretty sure that Yoongi knew about how he truly felt towards the human, judging by the knowing gazes and -eating smirks he sent Taehyung each time Jin was in the café, they had never actually talked about it.

Maybe it would take some of the weight off his shoulders if he said it out loud, Taehyung thought and forced himself to say in a gloomy voice, “I think that I am in love with Jin.”

What he got as a response was a snort and his eyes flew to Yoongi’s condescending expression, the green-haired dragon saying, “Tell me something I don’t know. Is that it?”

Taehyung felt irritated at Yoongi’s easy dismissal of his feelings which was why he got up, his voice low and snappish as he said, “Well, I am glad you are amused by my problems. Thanks a lot.”

Yoongi must have realized that something was off, his amused expression now replaced by a serious one as he took a step forward, his gaze deep as he said, “Why is it a problem? After all, it is not unrequited love, judging by the identical love-smitten expressions you have around each other. So, all you have to do is stop being a coward and finally ask him out.”

Taehyung felt a twinge of hope when Yoongi said that Jin looked love-smitten with him as well, but he quickly drowned out that traitorous hopeful voice and instead said, “I don’t know if you remember, but after Jungkook, I swore to myself that I would stay single for some time.”

Yoongi actually scoffed at that and said, “As I recall, you said you would not fall for any DRAGON any time soon. So far, I haven’t gotten the impression that Jin can breathe fire, or fly for that matter.”

Taehyung hated how Yoongi, despite his lazy and disinterested attitude, chose this exact moment to be very observant and what not.

Taehyung liked him better when he put that façade of a ‘cold-hearted jerk’ rather than being all rational and supportive and ugh!

“You just don’t get it. One of the problems is that he is precisely a HUMAN,” Taehyung stressed out which caused Yoongi to look at him as if he was not making any sense.

“So? In case you haven’t noticed, I have been dating a human for quite some time now,” Yoongi answered flatly which made Taehyung even more agitated.

Yoongi just didn’t get it.

“Yeah, a human whose best friend was a dragon and who knew about the existence of dragons. Jin, on the other hand, is not ready to witness scales and large wings and me spitting fire out of my mouth,” Taehyung said with conviction.

Yoongi just looked at him thoughtfully and said, “Why don’t you give him a chance to decide instead of making that decision for him?”

That was the last straw that made Taehyung gape at Yoongi, before he shut his mouth and clenched his jaw.

“You don’t know him like I do,” Taehyung gritted out, before leaving the kitchen in a rush.

It was only when Yoongi heard Taehyung’s loud footsteps climbing up the stairs to his apartment that he softly hummed to himself, “Apparently you do not, either.”

With a sigh he set to cleaning the café, since his stubborn friend would obviously stay in his foul mood the whole day.

Or at least until a certain human entered the café.

Then, like always, he would appear seemingly out of nowhere and shoo Yoongi, in order to take his order and of course—flirt with him.

Yoongi was always exasperated in those moments, because more customers meant more tips for him and more money, but no money could replace the sense of smug satisfaction he felt in those moments when he muttered loud enough for the human to hear about ‘Taehyung’s wings catching on fire’ which would always result in Taehyung’s panicked look at Jin’s questioning expression.

Simply priceless.

After his argument with Yoongi, Taehyung really needed to let off steam.

After all, he was pretty sure that Jin would come to the café today and he did not want to be in a low mood in front of the human.

That was why he wasted no time in going to the roof and spreading his wings, the chilly air seeping into his skin and making him shiver.

Finally, he took off into the clear sky, feeling better already.

When he was high enough above the clouds, hidden away from the human eyes, he let himself breathe fire as to get rid of the tension accumulated in his body.

Ever since he moved to Seoul, he had done this only a few times, the need for him to let his dragon instincts take over usually being drowned out by his human counterpart.

Also, the feelings Jin awoke in him made him want to be more human than ever which was why he rarely did this.

That was why he forgot how liberating it was to let his dragon instincts take over.

He really should do this more often, he thought to himself as he cut through a fluffy white cloud with a blaze of fire coming out of his mouth.

He had completely lost track of time as he flew above Seoul that when he finally got back to the café, he realized that it was already late afternoon.

It was usually the time when Jin came to the café.

As if having heard his thoughts, Jin walked through the door in that same moment, his cheeks slightly flushed from the cold, his hair tousled as he took off his beanie, his eyes becoming warmer the moment they met Taehyung’s.

Taehyung ignored the way his heart skipped a beat at that and instead greeted Taehyung with a cheerful expression, before opening the mini fridge behind him and taking the drink he prepared the previous night for Jin—an iced coffee with a sprinkle of dragon galactic powder.

He was especially proud of this particular drink, since he was the one who brewed that dragon powder by mixing up some ingredients he had brought with him from Daegu.

That was why he couldn’t resist exclaiming, “Ah, I am seriously the best at this!”” the moment he approached Jin and handed him the icy delight.

He expected Jin to chuckle at him like usual at that which was why he got slightly taken aback when Jin frowned at him.

Taehyung’s expression fell, because he knew Jin was used to his self-praising which meant that something must have happened.

“Is something wrong?”

Taehyung asked, feeling worried all of a sudden as he stared intently at Jin, trying to figure out what it was that made the human look like that.

Luckily, Jin looked at him with surprised eyes and immediately waved his hands in front of him and said, “No, no, I just spaced out. Sorry.”

Taehyung felt relief wash over him as he was back to his previous joyful-self and just smiled at the human, before getting called by another customer to take their order.

Nothing could ruin his good mood today, he thought as he listened to the orders of the customers while discretely glancing at Jin and smiling to himself when he saw the human shaking his head at something, probably spacing out again.

He really was cute, Taehyung thought to himself while averting his gaze and trying to focus on the other humans before him.

An almost impossible task with one adorable human just a few feet away from him.

It was only after a few more visits from Jin, the boy being quieter than usual which Taehyung attributed to the approaching exam period that usually had Jin anxious, that he found out that his behavior had nothing to do with his studies.

Rather, he was the real reason for Jin’s distress, or actuallz his reckless adventures through the sky, being his dragon-self more often these days and feeling so refreshed after it that he forgot to chew the bubble-gums he usually used to mask the scent of smoke coming from his mouth.

So stupid, he berated himself, the moment Jin just abruptly blurted out, “I know that it’s none of my business, but you should really stop smoking. It’s bad for your health,” while he sat at the counter, watching Taehyung work.

At first Taehyung felt confused by that sudden statement, but then he realized that Jin must have felt the smell of smoke coming from his mouth that day which made him chuckle as he answered, “Don’t worry about me.”

He hadn’t even realized it at that time that it was apparently the wrong thing to say, because Jin sure did seem to care about him much more than Taehyung thought.

And while it would have made him happy at any other time, this time it didn’t, because it was what ultimately led everything to the future unfortunate events.

Taehyung thought that his answer was enough for the topic to be dropped which was why the next time Jin brought the issue of smoking again, teasing him as he said, “Yah, Taehyung-ah, if you don’t stop smoking, you will die and then who will make me my de-stress coffees,” Taehyung just blinked at him.

Still, he thought nothing much of it as he brushed it off by pretending to be hurt as he answered, “Aigoo Hyung, so you are only using me? I might die faster of a broken heart than of those cigars, ” and then walked away, not giving Jin a chance to prod deeper into the fact that his breath smelled of smoke.

He was totally unprepared for the drastic measures that Jin took after that comment.

 “Hyung. You aren’t going to let this go, are you?”

Taehyung groaned after Jin had finished his heated one-hour presentation about all the ways smoking can ruin your life, or ‘take it away mercilessly’ as Jin repeated about 20 times during his lecture.

Taehyung was totally not expecting this when Jin asked him with a serious expression the moment he entered the café that night, if he wouldn’t mind taking a break and listening to him.

Seeing as the café was completely empty, not even Yoongi in sight, probably slacking off somewhere, Taehyung had thought with a frown, he nodded and sat at the counter.

He regretted it after seeing all those gruesome pictures of people’s decaying bodies caused by smoking, followed by Jin’s even more terrifying explanations about the damage smoking did to the human body.

He tried to interrupt Jin when he realized why the human was telling him all that, but he was immediately silenced by Jin’s deadly glare which, truth to be told, made him slightly startled.

After Jin finished his presentation and Taehyung complained about this unnecessary ‘intervention’, he saw how irritated Jin seemed by his question as he crossed his arms over his chest and defiantly answered, “No, I am not.”

Taehyung just observed him for a few more moments, before a thought crossed his mind.

“But, why do you care so much about me smoking?” he asked curiously.

He was distracted by the way Jin bit his lip, his gaze darkening, but then he saw how Jin looked away, as if not wanting for Taehyung to see his expression, his voice quiet as he spoke.

“Because I care…About you…And I don’t want you to die, and your health is important to me… You are…Important to me…”

At first, he did not quite register the words that left the human’s lips.

The confession he had wanted and yet feared for so long.

When he did realize what Jin had just said, he felt like somebody had punched him in the gut.

It was an overwhelming feeling and he wasn’t sure what to do next.

He took in the blooming blush on Jin’s round cheeks and the human was watching him with such uncertainty, but there was also hope in his eyes and oh, God, what was he supposed to do now?

In the end, he figured that it was now or never.

He needed to stop being a coward and man up.

That was why he let out a defeated sigh and finally said, “Fine, I will tell you the truth.”

He saw the confusion written all over Jin’s face, but he continued nevertheless.

“I don’t smoke. I lied,” he stated seriously.

Ignoring Jin’s baffled expression and the beginning of the question escaping Jin’ mouth, he raised his hand in air, in order for Jin not to interrupt him.

Because if he did, Taehyung was not sure if he would be able to continue and come clean.

Jin seemed to realize how serious Taehyung was, because he obeyed.

“The truth is that I am a… Dragon,” Taehyung said in a low voice, the last word leaving his mouth only as a whisper.

“Come again?”

Jin asked and Taehyung felt the bile rising in his throat.

Still, he forced himself to stay calm.

He needed Jin to believe him.

“I am a dragon. I breathe fire. That’s why my breath smells of smoke,” he repeated in a higher voice, his expression dead-serious.

He could see the disbelief on Jin’s face, but he kept quiet.

Taehyung knew that after such a grand confession, he needed to let Jin have a moment, or two, in order to even process what he had just sad.

Taehyung felt impatient the more time passed with Jin still being silent, but he knew that he was not supposed to rush him.

No matter how much it killed him inside not knowing what Jin thought about all of this.

About him.

The real him.

Finally, Jin looked at him straight in the eye and parted his lips.

“Look, Taehyung, you know I care about you. So, how about you talk to my friend about why you think you are a dragon? He could help you…”

Jin’s voice was cautious, Taehyung noticed, as well as his posture.

That was why he blinked a few times, before he realized why it was that Jin had such a reaction.

He lowered his head and laughed to himself humorlessly.

Of course.

He should have known that Jin would think he was crazy.

He wanted to scream in frustration.

However, he knew what the only way to convince Jin of the truth was.

“I knew you wouldn’t believe me…I guess then I will have to make you believe me, “ Taehyung said seriously as he got up from his chair and started taking large steps towards Jin.

He almost faltered when he saw the change in Jin’s expression, the human now looking at him with something akin’ to fear which caused Taehyung’s chest to constrict painfully.

Still he knew that he needed to do this, so even though Jin was now backing away, he continued walking.

But then, Jin actually ran to the door, getting out of the café in nothing but his sweater and jeans and with a start Taehyung realized that it was freezing outside, the snow having covered the streets of Seoul a few nights ago.

“,” Taehyung muttered as he all but ran after him, catching sight of the retreating broad-shouldered figure rounding the corner.

There were so many emotions and thoughts going inside of him that he didn’t even notice he had let a part of the dragon take over him, his eyes changing colour, probably to yellow as they usually did.

When he finally stumbled in the alley in which Jin disappeared to, he stopped at once.

He was taken aback by Jin’s horrified expression and it hurt to have Jin looking at him like that.

However, he had no time to think about that when he heard a distinct sound of ice breaking.

Everything happened so fast that he barely managed to notice that a large, thick, sharp icicle was falling towards Jin from the roof of the house he was currently standing underneath.

Reacting on pure impulse, he opened his mouth wide, the flame coming out of it so strong that not only it burned the icicle, reducing it to nothing as it fell apart, but it also melted most of the snow in front of him.

Relief washed over him the instant he realized Jin was okay, but then he saw the way Jin was looking at him in utmost shock as he whispered, “No way.”

That was the last thing Jin said, before he swayed on his feet, causing Taehyung to panic, thinking how some of the flame must have caught him by accident.

The next thing he knew, he was spreading his wings and yelling Jin’s name as he flew towards him until he caught the human’s unconscious body.

He stared at the limp body in his arms, scanning over his face and every part of his body, checking for injuries.

Luckily he saw none and breathed out a sigh of relief.

He brought Jin closer to him, murmuring an apology, before easily lifting Jin up and carrying him back to the café, in his human form.

He wasn’t sure how much time had passed since he brought Jin to his bed while sitting on the sofa and never leaving his side, but when he finally heard a slight groan echoing through the room, he immediately stood up.

Then he realized how Jin might get scared if he gets too close, so he reluctantly sat down and waited.

It was only when he saw Jin sit up in his bed, looking slightly disoriented while absent-mindedly trailing the pattern on the blanket Taehyung covered him with that he mustered up the courage to say something.

“ H-hey…,” he said quietly, feeling unsure.

He tried to suppress the hurt welling up in his chest when he saw how Jin shuddered involuntarily when he met his gaze.

He saw how Jin squirmed in bed, lowering his gaze to his fingers which were now in his lap as he quietly replied.

“ H-hi…”

Well, at least he said something, Taehyung thought.

He was expecting Jin to say, or ask something, but it seemed as if the human was unable, or unwilling to do so as he kept quiet.

Taehyung would rather have Jin screaming at him, or hitting him, or calling him names than have him look so small and broken.

It was all his fault.

He should have known that this would happen.

He told Yoongi that it would.

Still, there was no going back now, he thought, as he slowly got up and approached the bed.

Jin seemed completely lost in thought, utterly unaware of his presence until Taehyung finally sat down on the bed.

Luckily, Jin blinked at him in surprise instead of fear which was what gave Taehyung courage to continue.

Jin’s gaze on him was heavy which was why he closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

When he allowed himself to look at Jin again, he felt worn out by everything that had happened.

Still, the most important thing now was Jin and that was why he said in a careful, but serious tone, “Look… I didn’t want to scare you… And I am sure you have a lot of questions, and I will answer all of them, but first I need to ask you…Are you okay?”

He saw how Jin widened his eyes in surprise, staring at him for far too long without saying anything which made Taehyung worry, because what if Jin was traumatized by this whole experience so much that it caused some damage to his psychological state?

Taehyung wasn’t sure how he would be able to live with himself, if that turned out to be the case.

But then Jin responded in a quiet voice, “Yeah…Yeah…I am…”

Taehyung observed him for a few more moments, trying to figure out if Jin was lying, but then decided against doubting him and let out a relieved sigh, murmuring, “Good…”

When Jin said nothing else, Taehyung took it upon himself to fill the silence as he started his explanation.

“I guess that you are still shocked about everything, but just know that I would never hurt you…”

Taehyung saw the shocked expression on Jin’s face at what he said which kind of made him frown, because he wasn’t sure what Jin was thinking at that moment.

He felt apprehensive, the guilt at what he put Jin through causing him to look down.

“I know you wouldn’t…”

He couldn’t even describe the feeling in his stomach when Jin said that and Taehyung looked at him with wide eyes, feeling surprised and relieved by Jin’s statement.

That gave him the strength to continue.

“Okay, so I guess I should start the explanation about who I really am,” Taehyung said with a deep sigh.

He saw how Jin’s breath hitched at that, but there was also curiosity in his eyes, so Taehyung began his explanation.

“As I said before I am a dragon… Well, no, I am a half-dragon and a half-human. I don’t turn into those kind of huge- lizards with scales and wings. This is my true form although I can breathe fire as you witnessed earlier and also I have wings, but I just use them for flying and when I sleep.”

When he finished, he didn’t expect for Jin to be looking at him with a thoughtful and even fascinated look?

Taehyung knew that he shouldn’t dare to hope, but he still wondered if there was a chance for Jin to accept him as he is?

 “Why didn’t you tell me?”

Jin blurted out which caught Taehyung off guard as he blinked and widened his eyes at him.

“I-I..Well what was I supposed to say…Hey, you know I am a half-dragon that breathes fire and oh yeah I can fly, so we cool?”

Taehyung responded with an exasperated sigh, feeling nervous as his hand flew up to his hair, ruffling it in a frustrated manner.

“And besides, your reaction when you find out proved to me that I was right in keeping this a secret,” Taehyung added, his voice slightly accusatory, because he did feel hurt by Jin running away from him like that.

“I thought we were friends…”

Jin whispered sadly.

Taehyung looked at him, once again taken aback by his statement and his eyes softened as he answered in a quiet voice, “We are…”

“No, real friends don’t keep secrets like this from each other…I know I didn’t react in the best way, but come on, I was too surprised. I thought I knew you, or at least a part of you and then it turns out I was the only one who had poured his soul out while you gave me nothing in return except your attention, your sweet smiles and your amazing coffees. And that is not fair Taehyung, It is not fair that you made me feel like this and then you just… You couldn’t even trust me…”

Taehyung felt shocked and hurt by what Jin said, because he had no idea that Jin got that kind of impression and oh , was he crying??

Before he could say something, Jin was already up and out of bed, his voice higher than usual as he said, “I want to go home… I can’t deal with this…”

Taehyung also got up, but he had no idea to do as he watched Jin silently put his sneakers on, without even looking at him.

The he watched Jin get out of the bedroom, and heard him stumbling into the living room.

It was when he heard the front door opening that Taehyung realized he couldn’t let it end like that.

Not before trying to fix things for the last time.

When he rushed into the living room, only to see how Jin had already stepped out of his apartment, he grabbed his hand without thinking.

He expected Jin to slap his hand away, or be startled, but what he didn’t expect was for Jin not to even look back at him and just stand still.

Despite the disappointment and the pain he felt, Taehyung still had to say it.

“I am sorry… God, Jin, I am so sorry… I was just so afraid…At first I found you amusing and awkward, so I kept talking to you. I really loved spending time with you and listening to your stories. I was glad that I could help you de-stress, but then… One day I became greedy… I wanted to be the only one to make your stress go away. I wanted to be the only one to make you giggle, to make you look at me and only at me… And with that greed came realization…Before I knew it I had fallen for you…For a human…And how could I tell you that I was a dragon? I was afraid that you would curse me, or that you would run away and never come back to me and that scared the out of me… So much that it made my chest hurt…The thought of not seeing you, the thought of never staring into your doe-eyes, or never hearing you complain about University, or the thought of never again having you praise me and smile at me like I was some sort of a bright light at the end of the tunnel…I wanted to tell you so many times how I felt, I wanted to tell you more about me, but the fear had me paralyzed… I am so sorry…”

His voice cracked at the end and he was sure that he was breathing heavier, but he felt lighter now that he had told Jin how he really felt all this time.

Still, he was not ready for his heart to shatter as Jin pulled his hand away and whispered, “I am sorry Taehyung, I need time to think… Please…”

And with that said, Jin didn’t even wait for his answer before he rushed down the stairs.

 

There was nothing else to be said anyways, Taehyung thought as he heard the café door open and close.

 

He got back to his apartment and plopped down on the sofa in his living room.

 

He sat there, staring at the wall blankly until a familiar voice said in a tone softer than usual, “ He was crying, you know.”

 

Taehyung just hummed in response, feeling even worse when he heard that.

 

After a few moments, the figure asked, “Are you okay?”

 

Taehyung choked on air as he chuckled dryly and said, “No,” before burying his face in his hands.

 

Then he felt the sofa dip and there was warmth next to him, an arm thrown over his shoulder as he heard Yoongi whisper, “I am sorry, Tae…”

 

Taehyung could do nothing but mumble, “Me too,” before he broke into a sob, realizing just how much he had ed everything up.

Taehyung spent a sleepless night.

 

Despite Yoongi refusing to leave, he still couldn’t get a wink of sleep last night.

 

Finally, at the crack of dawn he informed Yoongi to go home to Jimin and told him to put a sign on the door, informing the customers they were closed for the day.

 

He really didn’t want to see anyone today.

 

And the only person he did want to see had absolutely no desire to see him, so what was the point.

 

Luckily, Yoongi obeyed him without a word and a comforting squeeze on the shoulder.

 

Taehyung didn’t even want to be in his apartment anymore, feeling suffocated.

 

That was why he went to the roof when Yoongi left, desperately needing some air.

 

He didn’t even want to fly.

 

He just needed to clear his mind as he laid down on the snow, closing his eyes and trying to suppress a shiver from raking his body at the cold sensation.

 

God, he could even hear Jin’s voice calling to him.

 

He really was going insane, he thought as he let the coldness seep into his body.

It was only when he heard some rustling that he finally cracked one eye open.

 

He looked into the sky and realized that he must be imagining things, but then he heard a distinct sound of someone breathing.

 

He propped himself on his elbows and almost got a heart-attack at the sight that greeted him.

 

There, on the edge of the roof, with his back turned to him was none other than Jin.

 

Taehyung’s heart was in his throat as he got up to his feet, feeling alarmed.

“Jin? What are you doing?!”

Taehyung couldn’t help but exclaim in a slightly hysterical voice.

Jin turned around, his expression startled but also relieved and then it turned into a one of panic as Jin quickly opened his mouth, saying in a rushed voice, “Taehyung this isn’t what it looks like…I just…AAAAAAAH!”

The next thing he knew, Jin had slipped on a chunk of snow beneath his feet and his voice cut off as he started falling.

Taehyung’s life flashed before his eyes at that and once again the dragon took over him as he spread his wings and flew down, catching Jin in a heartbeat.

Jin had his eyes squeezed shut, his body trembling as Taehyung carried him back to the roof.

“, Jin what the hell were you thinking?! Are you okay?!”

Taehyung asked in a scared voice and when Jin opened his eyes, his eyes zeroed in on his wings, making Taehyung feel self-conscious and confused.

Jin must have thought how hideous he looked, now properly seeing his dragon form, Taehyung thought sadly.

When they landed on the roof of the Dragon’s Lair, Taehyung still didn’t want to let Jin go, afraid that the boy would disappear.

“Jin, you haven’t answered me… Are you okay?”

Taehyung tentatively asked once again, but Jin was just staring at him.

Taehyung finally put him down and Jin was now facing him.

“Look…,” Taehyung started, but Jin quickly cut him off by blurting out.

“I am in love with you!”

“W-what?”

Taehyung asked, too flabbergasted by this sudden confession.

He saw how Jin took a deep sigh, before he continued.

“I know that I said I needed time to think it all over, but honestly what is there to think about? I have been crushing on you for so long, and your coffees are not the cure to my stress. You are.”

Taehyung stared at Jin with wide eyes and slightly parted lips, feeling incredulous, despite the glint of hope growing in his chest.

Then Jin chuckled, but still continued talking,”I have no idea how this would work, since you are a half-dragon, but idk, I want to give it a shot, if you do? Just please, don’t burn me accidentally, and we are fine.”

Taehyung still couldn’t believe this was real, his ability to form a proper sentence suddenly gone as he just kept looking at Jin, not even blinking.

He was finally brought back out of his stupor when Jin took a step back, looking hurt as he stuttered out, “Hah, I am such a fool, of course you don’t want me after how I acted yesterday… , okay, yeah, uhm, I’ll just disappear from your life then…”

It was then that Taehyung realized that Jin interpreted his lack of response as a rejection and when he saw how Jin was about to turn around and walk away, he finally forced his body to move.

He caught Jin’s wrist in a firm, but gentle grip and then he was pulling Jin towards him.

 Taehyung didn’t allow Jin to say anything else, having waited for this moment for too long as his lips finally landed onto Jin’s perfectly plush ones.

Jin’s lips were soft and just perfect against his that he wasted no time in wrapping his other arm around Jin’s waist, pulling him closer, until their bodies were pressed flush together. He could feel the fast drum of Jin’s pulse against his palm which he was certain matched his own. He moved his lips against Jin’s eagerly, enjoying the way Jin immediately responded to the kiss. Soon, there were fingers in his hair and to his surprise, Jin pulled on it slightly which was so hot that Taehyung growled into the kiss. The response to that was Jin doing it again and driving Taehyung crazy as he let go of Jin’s wrist and grabbed the back of his head, angling it, so that he could deepen the kiss. He was rewarded by Jin into his mount as he started exploring the wet cavern with his tongue. Jin’s tongue danced along, setting Taehyung’s already hot skin on fire.

However, he realized that Jin must be cold, since he did not have increased body temperature which was why he reluctantly broke the kiss.

He chuckled when Jin whined at that, and then he placed a quick kiss on Jin’s lips, before murmuring, “How about we continue this in my apartment?”

Bright eyes turned darker as Jin nodded eagerly which made something coil in Taehyung’s stomach as he all but encircled Jin’s waist with his arm, the surprised yelp from the human making him grin as he flew to his room through the open window.

Once they were inside his bedroom, he wasted no time in cradling Jin’s face in his hands, before once again bringing their lips together. Jin’s fingers tangled in his collar, pulling him closer as he all but whimpered into his mouth when Taehyung the roof of his mouth. The atmosphere was different than the one when they were kissing on the roof. Here, in the privacy of his bedroom, it was more charged and more exhilarating as Taehyung insistently explored Jin’s mouth while Jin kept softly whimpering as he curled his body completely against him. He felt drunk on the fact that Jin so easily let him do whatever, his fingers resting on Jin’s hip and tentatively sliding underneath Jin’s sweater. The moment he felt bare skin under his fingertips, Jin’s breath caught in his throat as he broke the kiss, staring at him in a daze.

“Is this okay?” Taehyung whispered, afraid that maybe he had crossed the line.

Instead, what he got as a response was a breathless, “Yes,” with Jin practically pushing him to the sofa.

Taehyung felt disoriented for a moment, but then Jin was straddling his hips and leaning in, their lips already opening in a synchronized manner as their tongues found each other easily, sliding against each other in a languid way. Taehyung sat up, their chests pressing together as Jin wrapped his legs around his waist and his arms around his neck, never breaking the kiss. Taehyung could feel the fast heartbeat against his chest and at this point with their bodies pressed tight, he had no idea if that frantic heartbeat belonged to him, or Jin, or both. It didn’t even matter, he thought as his fingers once again found its way to the bare skin of Jin’s lower back, brushing over it and making Jin moan into his mouth and even rut against him, their hips bumping against each other and making them both groan out load. It felt so good that Taehyung wanted to do it again as he dug his fingers into Jin’s soft flesh, loving the gasp that left Jin’s lips at that. Then they were moving against each other and he could feel his arousal growing as he started mouthing against Jin’s freshly shaved jaw, the skin there soft and perfect for marking. Jin’s hands were once again in his hair and he just knew that this time Jin was pulling his hair with purpose to which he responded with a low guttural sound as he rolled his hips against Jin’s while a mark into the pale skin of Jin’s neck. Jin was trembling in his arms, whimpers leaving his lips as Taehyung kept dragging his tongue against the unmarked skin of Jin’s neck, feeling heady and so, so good.

He was just about to take off Jin’s sweater and continue marking the skin underneath it when the door to his bedroom flew open.

“Okay, Tae, enough moping around for the human, we need to….Oh.”

Both Jin and he separated at once, although Jin was still in his lap, a pleasant weight against him, as they stared at the two figures at the door with startled expressions.

They heard a gasp which came from Jimin, who was gaping at them with a blush rising on his cheeks, but all Taehyung could see was the way Yoongi’s jaw dropped to the floor.

Then the minty-haired dragon seemed to pull himself together as he smirked and said, “Well, well. I guess the moping period is over. Took you two long enough.”

Taehyung glared at his friend while Jin ducked his head, burying his face into the crook of Taehyung’s neck from embarrassment.

So cute, Taehyung thought fondly, before he gritted out, “Indeed. Now, if you two don’t mind, we would like to continue with our…Activities.”

He heard Jin’s squeak which matched Jimin’s own, but he kept staring at Yoongi whose smirk grew wider as he snorted and said, “I bet you would, but unfortunately I came here for a reason. Your dad called me since he couldn’t reach you. We need to go back to Daegu this instant. He said it was urgent.”

That finally caught his attention, because he knew that his father would never request them to go back if it wasn’t serious.

Why precisely now, he lamented, thinking of the position they were in and then he looked at Jin with a sigh, who was now staring at him.

“Jin, I am so sorry, but I have to see what’s going on, “ Taehyung said apologetically.

Surprisingly, Jin nodded and said, “Of course you do.”

Taehyung felt relieved and said, “I promise I’ll make it up to you when I get back.”

“You don’t have to. After all, I am coming with you,” Jin said and Taehyung thought he had heard him wrong.

“Uhm…You are?” he asked dumbly, because what??

“Of course I am, idiot. I told you that I want to know about you and your life. And now that I know about you being a dragon, I see no problem in going with you. Do you?” Jin asked, his gaze challenging and slightly scary.

Taehyung knew there was no argument there.

And it wasn’t like he didn’t want Jin to meet his family, but this all seemed too fast.

After all, he didn’t even have the time to ease his family into the fact that he was in love with a human.

Still, he couldn’t this up with Jin, so he nodded and said in a resigned voice, “Of course not.”

“Great, Jin exclaimed gleefully,” before extracting himself from his embrace, leaving Taehyung to sulk.

The next thing he knew, Jin was walking towards Jimin and shaking his hand, saying, “I am Jin. Are you also a dragon?”

At Jimin’s surprised shake of the head, Jin just smiled wider and pulled him by the hand, saying, “Great! Then you can give me a slight introduction into dealing with dragons.”

Then they were gone, Jimin’s confused glance at him and Yoongi being the last thing they saw, before Jimin was dragged into the living room by Jin, leaving him and Yoongi to stare after him.

“ Oh…This is going to be fun,” Yoongi finally said to him with a -eating grin, making Taehyung wonder just what he had gotten himself into.

Still, the taste of Jin’s lips against his own told him that this was the right thing to do.

Jin already meeting his family ,on the other hand, was not something he was so sure about.