Final

That's Enough, Let's Drink Some Beer! 됐고, 맥주나 마시자!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright kids! It’s time to clean up so we can go home now.”

Joy wanted to become a vet but there were difficulties so now, she’s a kindergarten teacher who models part time. She really loves kids. Everyone who knows her kept asking her to get married and have children already. She’s tall, pretty, smart, and kind. Nobody would not want to marry her but she always declines all of her suitors and just tells them that she’s focusing on her career.

“Great work today!” Joy tells Yeri, her assistant teacher, with a pat on her shoulder.

“Unnie, there’s Jiho’s dad again, trying to get your attention.” Yeri pointed at the guy looking at Joy so intently. He is known to have a crush on his sons’s beautiful teacher.

“Ah, really. I already told him so many times that I’m not interested in him.” Joy sighed as her eyebrows furrow in frustration.

“Joyiyah!” A familiar voice called.

It was Seulgi, Joy’s senior friend that she knew since they were in middle school. She’s a very talented artist and is skilled in almost every single form of art that exists. She’s a professional photographer who made her name known internationally. She’s taking care of the daughter of a friend who had a month-long business trip and she’s in the school to pick the little girl up, and to see her best friend.

Heavy rain started pouring suddenly.

“Oh! It’s raining. What should I do? I didn’t bring my car today.” Seulgi was troubled.

“Where’s your car, unnie?”

“It broke down so I took it to the shop.”

“If you like, I can drive you guys home.” A woman said as she entered the school while wiping the raindrops that fell on her. She came to pick up her nephew.

“Oh Wendy-ssi, you don’t have to do that. I brought an umbrella. We’ll just take the bus.” Seulgi declined her offer.

“Please, I insist. What if the little girl gets a cold?” Wendy asserted with a smile that made Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri look at each other.

 

Seulgi carried her friend’s daughter and followed Wendy and her nephew to her car. She drives a red SUV with leather interiors. Her air freshener smells of cherries which made Seulgi think that Wendy is very feminine.

“Thank you for driving us, Wendy-ssi. I hope we aren’t troubling you.”

“No, not at all, Seulgi-ssi. I’m glad to help. Want some cherries?” Wendy said as she handed Seulgi a container of fresh cherries.

“Thank you. You seem to like cherries a lot. Your car smells like cherries too.” Seulgi said as she fed a cherry to little Jiwoo.

“Yeah, I do.” Wendy nodded and smiled which made her dimple appear. Seulgi found it adorable.

 

Seulgi was staying in her friend’s house to take care of Jiwoo while she isn’t around. She felt sorry because it was out of Wendy’s way so she invited them for dinner. Wendy agreed since it’s almost time for dinner too and she didn’t want to starve her nephew.

“This is Jiwoo’s mom’s house. I’m staying here to take care of Jiwoo until she comes back.” Seulgi showed Wendy around. “Take a seat, Wendy-ssi.”

“Thank you, and you can drop the formalities, Seulgi-ssi.”

“Oh! Then, just call me by my name too.” Seulgi said with an awkward smile and headed to the kitchen.

 

Seulgi prepared the ingredients to make some fried rice. She isn’t a very good cook but she is confident with her fried rice. The aroma of sautéed garlic and onions filled the air and soon enough, dinner was ready. They gathered to the dining area and took their seats.

“Wow! This is pretty good, Seulgi.” Wendy said as her eyes widened by the taste of Seulgi’s dish.

“I don’t cook well but my fried rice is good without a doubt.” Seulgi proudly said with a smile that made her eyes disappear.

Seulgi and Wendy talked about a lot of things and became closer. They even decided to hang out together sometime with Joy and Yeri. They washed the dishes together as they continued to chat and the kids continued to play. Seulgi felt that she might have a little crush on Wendy.

The rain stopped and it was time for Wendy and her nephew to go home. Seulgi felt that it was too bad and wanted to spend more time with them… her. But at least she would see her again tomorrow at school.

The next day, Wendy gave some braised short ribs that she made for Seulgi and Jiwoo to enjoy. It was another rainy day and Seulgi slightly regretted to have already picked up her already fixed car from the shop.

Days passed and the two became closer and hung out with each other a lot. Seulgi always came earlier than usual so she can run into Wendy. She has a little… scratch that… huge crush on Wendy. She’s probably already in love with her but she really has zero courage to confess.

 

Meanwhile, Joy was getting stressed from running the preschool and getting her masters. She’s thankful that Yeri is there to share the workload but there’s too much going on for her at the moment.

“Unnie, maybe you should just take a little break. Maybe hang out with Seulgi-unnie. I’ll take care of the school for you even just for a day.” Yeri handed Joy a bottle of tea with a worried expression on her face. She has always cared about Joy ever since she met her in the university.

“Thanks, Yerimmie. I didn’t know you had this side to you since you always roast me.”

“I see how it is. Okay, I take it back.”

“No no no… I’ll rest for a bit. I need it, Yeri. Thank you. I’ll leave the school to you.”

 

It’s time to end the day for the kids again. As usual, Seulgi came to pick up Jiwoo. Wendy, however, did not come to pick up her nephew. Instead, another woman picked up the young boy in her place.

“Hi, It’s the first time I saw you.” Joy approached the woman to make sure she isn’t a kidnapper. She looked at Seulgi as if asking if she knows her. Seulgi apparently did not know her since she only had a disappointed expression plastered on her face.

“I’m… Irene. I’m here to pick up Rowoon. Wendy is in the hospital so she couldn’t come.” The woman introduced herself with a shy smile. Her long straight hair was black as a raven’s feathers, her eyelashes flutter like its wings. Her face seems like it was chiseled to perfection by the hands of god himself. Even Joy, who is very pretty (and she knows it), felt her confidence drop when she saw her.

“Is Wendy okay? What happened to her?” Seulgi exclaimed out of worry.

“She fell from the stairs just this afternoon. They’re still running tests on her.”

“May I know how you’re related to Wendy?” Joy interrupted.

“Oh I’m… her girlfriend.” Irene replied warily.

“Oh…” Seulgi froze.

Wendy never told her about Irene. She never told her that she had a girlfriend. Seulgi had high hopes that she had a chance with Wendy. They even hung out at weekends. They went to the karaoke to try to impress Wendy with her singing talent but Wendy was incredible; it was Seulgi who was impressed. They went to the arcade together and Seulgi got a huge chipmunk plushie for Wendy in the claw machine and she loved it. She took beautiful pictures of her and she kept them as souvenirs. Wendy cooked braised short ribs for her which took 6 hours to make. Seulgi thought that Wendy liked her too. Seulgi believed she had a chance. She wasn’t “probably in love” with Wendy. She definitely was in love with her.

She stood there unmoving.

“C-can I visit her?” Seulgi asked with a cracked voice.

“Sure, you can come with me.” Irene replied with a slight suspicion.

Joy nodded at Seulgi to tell her that she’s going to take care of Jiwoo while she goes to the hospital to visit her “friend”. She sent them off and waved goodbye.

 

At th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter