final

Our Monthsary

It was the day, today, the day SinB had been talking about for the past few weeks. The day that Yerin had begged for her present early so desperately, the day that the present was for.

 

 

Our monthsary.

 

 

To: My SinBaby

[SinB yah, awake yet babe? I miss you~ /kiss mark kiss mark/]

From: My SinBaby

[Mmnn, I’m up now.]

To: My SinBaby

[SinB yah, today’s the day you know?]

Yerin had excitedly grabbed her phone, she really looked forwards to how they were going to celebrate according to SinB’s plans. They were in two different time zones, SinB was away on a business trip on the other side of the world. The fact that they were spending their anniversary apart from each other, was already sad.

From: My SinBaby

[What day?]

Yerin dropped her phone, it hit her chest harshly. Just before she had gone to sleep, she had messaged SinB and she thought that something would have changed since then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(past aka earlier at 12~2am)

“SinB yah, when are you going to go to sleep?”

“Hm? I’ll be sleeping a little bit now, I’ll be up again later at 2am.”

“Eh? 2am? Why 2am?”

Yerin was excited, was SinB going to surprise her later? She checked the clock and the time zones properly, it was midnight, officially their anniversary had begun.

“Hm? I was gonna wake up and check if our friends could play a game or two.”

Disappointed but still a little excited, she let her girlfriend do as she pleased.

“Then, I’ll wake you up at the usual time?”

“That would be great babe. Love you.”

Their call ended. Yerin had a habit of texting SinB at the correct time for her to get up and go to work, simply because SinB said once that waking up to anything sent from Yerin would make her day be a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(present)

She didn’t remember.

Yerin stared into space, wondering what to do. The past two weeks, SinB had been so excited for their anniversary, she had been as well. She even begged SinB so much for her advanced present that SinB caved and told her the passcode to their safe in the house where she kept it.

It was a beautiful diamond necklace, in the shape of a moon. SinB said it was because of Yerin’s eye smiles, the way it reminded her of the crescent moons and how she shined in her night sky so brightly.

But SinB didn’t remember.

To: My SinBaby

[SinB yah, what’s today?]

From: My SinBaby

[The seventh? Why? Babe? You could’ve just checked on your own?]

Yerin gave up, throwing her phone off her bed with a thud. She didn’t even go to check if she cracked her screen.

It was a day for an anniversary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB quickly dialed Yerin’s number, waiting for her to pick up. She needed to know what Yerin was so upset that she wouldn’t read her messages.

Cursing as her call went to voice mail, she dialed Sowon’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey! Sojung unnie! I need a favor.”

“Huh? Isn’t today your anniversary? Why do you need a favor? Please don’t make me pretend to be a waitress and wait your table at Eunha’s restaurant.”

“No! I messed up! Like majorly! Wait you said anniversary? OH !”

“Don’t tell me you forgot, you little .”

“I TOTALLY FORGOT!”

SinB looked back on her message logs and checked the time. It was past midnight, her previous conversation with Yerin. It had slipped her mind when she was playing games with her friends.

“You’re dead you know?”

“I’m so dead.”

SinB kept dialing Yerin’s number, trying to apologize, she even spammed her with apologetic messages and promises to make it up to her. Only to get read and ignored.

She hurried and packed her things, she couldn’t let this ruin her perfect day she had planned, no. Not like this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin lay on her couch, sad and hurt. The television was on, displaying the weather and the news again and again, but she paid no attention, lost in thought and anger. Today’s weather was gloomy, rainy and a chance of thunder.

“Damn that Hwang.”

Hearing a knock on her door, she ignored it. Continuing to look into the empty space between the couch and the television. She wasn’t expecting anyone today.

Then the lock on the door turned, alarmed, she sat up and looked at the door, ready to grab anything to throw at her intruder, only to drop back down into the couch.

“Um…hey babe?”

For a moment, she was surprised, so surprised, her brain only registered that SinB was home. A smile had started to spread but then it stopped. A scowl covering her face, she went to her bedroom and locked herself inside. SinB sighed and took off her shoes and patted the raindrops off her coat and luggage.

Throwing her clothes in the washing machine to wash, she changed into dry clothes and went to Yerin’s door. Taking a seat against it, she knocked several times.

“Babe?”

No response.

“I’m really sorry.”

SinB twiddled her thumbs. The rain poured harder.

“I didn’t mean to forget it, I was just occupied.”

“Occupied by your stupid games.”

SinB flinched, but it was true.

“Sorry.”

Taking a deep breath, she was going to explain herself the best should could but was interrupted by the loud crash of thunder.

“Kyah!”

Hearing Yerin scream made her worried, Yerin hated the thunder, though she probably hated her more than thunder at the moment. Erasing that thought out of her mind, she shoved herself against the door until it gave way. Hurriedly she ran over to where Yerin curled next to their bed, hugging herself and covering her ears shaking.

“Yerin!”

“Go away you jerk!”

Throwing SinB off, Yerin scooted further away, her hurt was clearly expressed by her expression. The thunder cracked again, ripping another yelp from Yerin’s throat. SinB hugged her tightly and didn’t let go, even though Yerin kept trying to hit her off.

“It’s okay, I’m here. The thunder isn’t scary.”

SinB held on until Yerin stopped resisting her, only to change her position to fully envelope her girlfriend in her embrace. Deciding that her explanation would be as good as a distraction as any, she cleared her mind again, organizing her thoughts.

“You see, yesterday, I came back. On that 13-hour flight. I was going to surprise you, and my body was still jetlagged. I was so excited for today. I was so ready. But I couldn’t sleep at the correct time, so I asked if anyone wanted to play with me. When we were playing, I didn’t realize that it had passed midnight on the clock here. I didn’t set my watch to the correct time too, but that’s an excuse. Sorry. You messaged, and I completely forgot that it was already day, the hotel curtains were super effective in making myself believe it was still night. I let myself get tricked by jetlag into sleeping again. When I woke up, I was going to pretend to have forgotten, to make this surprise better you know? Though I’m sure that me appearing on your doorstep would have been just fine, I was foolish.”

SinB took a shaky breath.

“I didn’t forget. Today. Today is our anniversary and I came all the way back to spend it with you. But I ed up didn’t I? I overslept and it’s already almost dinnertime. I’m a girlfriend, aren’t I?”

She chuckled darkly to herself.

“I’m so sorry Yerin.”

Feeling Yerin shuffle in her hug, she let her go a little, worried she was hurting her.

“Sorry if I-“

“Idiot.”

Looking up and seeing Yerin’s tears, she chuckled softly and wiped them away gently.

“But I’m your idiot.”

“I hate you.”

“And I love you more babe, I can’t imagine a life without you.”

Yerin hit SinB’s shoulder, and SinB just took it.

“I forgive you.”

“Thanks.”

Yerin looked around for a bit, SinB watched her carefully. Yerin looked away, her cheeks slightly colored pink, her hand timidly gripped in SinB’s shirt.

“W-welcome home.”

SinB grinned, finally.

“I’m home.”

===================

Like I said, this was dedicated to an unnie and her girlfriend.

She was super worried and wanted a nice way to apologize, I wrote this to help her? Help? Is that a thing?

ANYWAYS

She says "I love you and I want to be with you."

You know who you are. Peace, mochi out.

ps I wrote this on top of the numerous updates I had today, be thankful. I am never writing 5k words in a single day again. geez. lovebirds.