1 : oceans away

Streaming Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he walked to the coffee shop and she saw him , her body didn't react that much , at least not how it did during the old days .

She did not cry at his sight , her legs didn't freeze and she didn't swallow her words this time , and  guess he did the same , nothing much happened when their eyes connected either , it  just felt like they were a solar system away .

now he's a regular guy with his regular clothes and regular order of coffee, in the middle of the regular crowd under this roof , nothing profound about him .

 

She followed the tall figure with her eyes as he studied the place in silence, until he sat down in the corner .. reading through some of his tidy notes .

 

" hey Rosie,  Rosie!  " a sudden call interupted the young lady's thoughts and brought her back to earth , lifting her chin up a bit  , her sight shifted to the left and  realised that it was jiwon giving her the order which is now ready to serve : a cup of capuccino with a croissant filled with chocolate. 

 

they have been working non stop since an early hour of the morning , and it seems like it's still going on .

 

" ah sorry , I had my head lost in the clouds .. again ! I really need some rest "  Rosé tried to explain with an embarrassed giggle , but in reality her head was not really in the clouds .

 

  it was just wandering not too far away , and jiwon could probably guess since he was squinting his eyes at her , lips pressed in a thin line .

 

" there ! Table 12 , go  Rosie .. you still have some to serve and you'll be free " he gestured to the table there , next the window. . The one she wish she could avoid , but since the only servant today was her , no one else could do it instead .. sadly .

 

the cherry haired lady held the plate between her hands and left the counter , her eyes glued on that one man sitting there .

 

" sure!  "  she announced hoping to sound as cheerful and natural as she usually did before taking her steps forward .

 

breath in , breath out .. it was hard for her to keep her composure when it was about him , about junhoe , even with the fact that she prepared herself emotionally to face him again , she was still nervous. 

 

  every step she managed to make on the marbled blocks echoed into her ears clearly,  and the more she got closer , the noises around her melted in the background and got replaced with an uncomfortable buzz of silence .

 

he's just a regular guy , with regular clothes , a regular client. . Wasn't it supposed to be like that few minutes ago ?

 

 so anxious , so excited , and somehow so sad ? After all ,  she's upposed to be happy ,  to rush toward him and welcome him with an embrace .

 

She must be merry to see him again after so much years , ain't friends supposed to act like that ? 

 

Rosie swallowed what blocked her throat and regrouped her courage and composure to stand beside the table , putting the plate on the wooden surface and murmured quietly  

 

" your order , sir "

 

just like she would do to any other client .. any regular client. 

 

Will she receive a greeting,  a special treatment or at least a smile ? Their orbs met for a couple of seconds which felt like an eternity..

 

She could tell he didn't change that much , those dark eyes and long lashes , nice brushed jet black hair and that clear skin wearing a peachy glow of the sky that the window reflected, a pretty good looking man .

 

But soon disappointment slipped through her ribs and squeezed her heart and it was when he simply looked at his coffee, then again busied himself with his phon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter