[S]

Zero, Zero [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  TWO 

  [][][]

 

Minatozaki Sana stood outside of her shared condominium as she fumbled with her keys.

 

She knew she should’ve listened to Mina when she was told to label them, but right now she didn’t want to think of her. Especially right now.

 

She wouldn’t consider herself pissed at her younger friend, but rather annoyed. Annoyed that she fell for Mina's persuasive tricks- again. 

 

Instead of preparing for her Psychology final in her room, Mina convinced her to tag along with her and a 'friend' out to the café. Sana only agreed on the conditions of getting coffee and cake pops. But, unfortunately, the Japanese was swindled, not receiving either of the two from her friend. 

 

All she got from the young girl was a third-wheel date with her 'friend'. 

 

I swear, when Mina gets home from her little date, I'm going to give her an earful.

 

Finally finding the key to open the door, Sana let herself into the condo, placing her various books on top of a nearby counter. She kicked off her shoes and collapsed onto the living room's couch, allowing it to engulf her.

 

She heard distinct footsteps approach her location. They sounded loudly soft, similar to her other roommate's footsteps, but it lacked a certain waddling tempo.

 

Without looking up from her face down position, she greeted the owner's footsteps. "Hey, Momo."

 

She heard a tongue click come from the older girl. "How'd you know! I was approaching you silently as well." Momo mumbled. "Get up. You're taking up the majority of the couch."

 

Sana chuckled, "Okay, okay!" She propped herself up into an upright position, her friend taking the spot Sana previously occupied. "It doesn't help that I’ve lived with you for at least three years and known you since we were fourteen."

 

When Sana first moved to Korea, she had met Momo roaming mindlessly around the halls. Being the new kid, Sana relied on Momo's assistance in trying to find her class, but as it turns out Momo wasn't necessarily positive in where she was going either. Both girls ended up missing the majority of the period, earning themselves an after-school detention together, and ever since then, they had been with each other ever since.

 

"You know, people say that when you’re able to distinguish people’s footsteps when they’re going up the stairs, you’re family.”

 

"Sounds silly, but those people are probably right. We’re practically family anyway.” 

 

"That’s sweet. But, being family ruined my chance to sit on you.” Momo crossed her arms and huffed.

 

"Good. I don’t want you to sit on me, you’d break me."

 

Momo gasped and feigned a look of offense on her face. "Are you calling me fat?” She asked, squinting at Sana with eyes that screamed, 'you better say no'.

 

"Never. You’re practically the fittest girl I know."

 

”Damn right I am. Have you seen my abs?” 

 

Sana nodded. ”Yes. They’re very nice.” Everyone who knew Hirai Momo was aware of how stunning her abs were. Slick and toned, soft skin but a rock underneath. Sana would be lying if she didn't admit that at times she'd find herself unconsciously staring at them.

 

”Thanks!” Momo exclaimed. "How was your little third wheel date?” The older girl questioned, repositioning herself to lay parallel to the couch, head on Sana's lap. 

 

Sana closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She combed through the short of her friend. "It was alright... I mean I studied and she looked right for Mina. I dunno. I was kind of distracted as well, kind strangers brought me snacks... I wished you warned me that I was on third-wheel duty."

 

"Yeah, but then you wouldn't have agreed. But, look on the bright side, you got free food!"

 

Nothing was better than free food to Momo. Sana clicked her tongue on the roof of . "I guess you have a point."

 

"Were the people who bought you food cute?"

 

"Yeah, decently. I know your game, Hirai. The people I met today wasn't them." 

 

I think... 

That girl I bumped into... 

 

Momo groaned and sat up facing Sana. "It's been so long. How are you going to find them? You're out of it Minatozaki. You're losing your game every second that goes by."

 

Sana's mouth parted at the comment. She wasn't losing her game- if anything it was just being stored at the moment. Waiting to be used on somebody. At least, that's what she likes to make herself believe.

 

During her high school years, no one could think of  Minatozaki Sana without blushing, as at least the majority of the students had fell victim to her charms.

 

"Am not!"

 

"Are too!"

 

Every word that left her lips, a hit would soon follow. "Hirai. Momo. I. Am. Never. Going. To. Lose. My. Game!" When the last word left Sana's lips, she gave Momo a slap that could have sent her to the moon, but instead was sent rolling off of Sana and face-planting onto the carpeted floor.

 

Before the older girl was given a chance to recover, Sana leaned in until she was face-to-face away from her friend. Centimeters away, Sana blew a gust of air into her friend's face, leaving the girl stunned. 

 

"Boom, now look who's blushing. Want to know why? Because Minatozaki Sana didn't lose her damn game." The Japanese made a gesture of an explosion with her hands, adding a 'boom' sound effect. 

 

Momo's reaction proved to Sana that she still has it in her. Out of all the faces she's seen come from that girl, that was one for the books. It left both the girls a mess, the younger one laughing hard while the other still had her jaw hanging, face as red as a tomato. 

 

Momo struggled to get a few words out before regaining her composure. "That wasn't fair. I was caught off-guard." 

 

"Yeah. Still goes to show I still have it in me. So, try me one more time. I dare you." 

 

Before the girl on the floor could retort, their condominium door flew open. Both the Japanese girls turned their heads and greeted the girl that stood at the doorway. 

 

"Minari!"

 

"Mina. I hate you."

 

The youngest scoffed at the different reactions she obtained from her arrival. "Hello Momoring, and Sana, you signed yourself up for it." She said as she arranged the shoes crowding the doorway.   "Anyways. Did I interrupt something? Why is Momo blushing and on the floor?" 

 

"No, you didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter