Fin

How Hard can it Be?

“I have a confession to make,” Jiu said to Yoohyeon who had a poker face. Jiu gulped as Yoohyeon still didn’t say anything at all. “I…” She started as she felt her heart ready to blast off with the words she wanted to say. She groaned as she couldn’t properly say it again. “I l-lo… look forward to participating in another Instagram update with you.” Jiu concluded as she felt her cheeks and ears warm up. She covered her face as she couldn’t bear to look at Yoohyeon’s face.

 

“Jiu Unnie… can I say something to you?” Yoohyeon said as she crossed her arms. Jiu only nodded at Yoohyeon’s question while she tried to calm herself down. “That was the most pathetic confession I’ve ever heard.” She concluded as Jiu let out a frustrated groan as she messed up her hair.

 

“Why can’t I say just three simple words?” She pondered as Yoohyeon consoled her best friend.

 

“You’ll get there just… not right… now…” Yoohyeon started laughing as she remembered Jiu’s confession. “What do you mean by looking forward to another Instagram update? You do realize that no one is that formal towards each other.” Yoohyeon kept laughing as Jiu pouted as she didn’t know what to say.

 

“I just want to confess to her.” Jiu started sulking as she drew circles on the ground. Yoohyeon ceased her laughing though she couldn’t stop laughing at the blushing face Jiu made while asking her with a semi-straight face. Though she was on the verge of crying.

 

“You-you looked like were ready to pee your pants.” Yoohyeon dropped onto the bed while clutching her stomach.

 

“I’m being serious here.” Jiu attempted to stop Yoohyeon from laughing from the failure of her confession.

 

“Okay, here's what you are going to do.” Yoohyeon started as she was breathing heavily from too much laughing. “First, try confessing to me and pretend you are confessing to Sua.” Yoohyeon started off as she thought of an excellent idea.

 

“We tried doing that remember?” Jiu pointed out as she recalled her failed attempt to even say I love you.

 

“Right.” Yoohyeon suppressed a laugh as she still couldn't get over the fact that the eldest unnie could even confess to Sua. “Try this, close your eyes and pretend you are saying I love you to your parents but in actuality, you are saying it to her.” Yoohyeon smiled as she thought it was a wonderful plan.

 

“Doesn't that take away the point of saying something meaningful?” Jiu countered as Yoohyeon responded back.

 

“Don’t worry, nothing bad can go wrong.” Yoohyeon encouraged Jiu as she nodded at her masterful plan.

 

An hour later…

 

“Yoohyeon, remind me again to never go with your plans,” Jiu whined in embarrassment as she went to her bed to hide. Yoohyeon who was on Dami's bed intrigued at what she read on her spare time looked up at Jiu.

 

“Was it a success?” Yoohyeon smiled hoping to have a tale for the other members to laugh about or impress them. Instead of having a joyous Jiu happily telling her how it went down she got a pillow thrown at her but missed her entirely. “You missed unnie.” Yoohyeon deadpanned which got her a wave of dismissal from Jiu. She frowned at Jiu’s actions and went to her bunk and poked her head up to see what was wrong. “I'm guessing it wasn't successful.” Jiu nodded her head. “What happened?” Yoohyeon questioned as she wanted to know what went wrong.

 

“So, I went to do what you said right.” Jiu started as she began remembering what had happened.

 


Jiu walked out of her room to spot Sua and she did at the kitchen eating away at the food she had made during the vlive. Jiu waltz on over as the other members were busy doing their own things instead of helping Sua out. Sua just picked at the food slowly until Jiu came up to her.

 

“Boo.” Jiu decided to scare her crush as she watched Sua jump up in fear. She turned around to face Jiu and whacked her on the head with her chopsticks.

 

“Ya! I told you not to scare me like that. Minji.” Sua put her hand on her chest where her heart laid beneath. She took a deep breath before Jiu smiled away at Sua’s actions.

 

“Do you need any help eating?” Jiu offered as she chickened out in trying out Yoohyeon’s plan. Sua nodded as she handed Jiu the pair of chopsticks that the staff unnie gave her. Jiu began eating with Sua as she found the food so delicious she just had to say something about it which were the first things out of . “Honey, when are we going to move in together?” Jiu naturally let it slide as she put her hand on Sua’s shoulder and found herself looking into Sua’s eyes. She witnessed Sua’s cheek flush in embarrassment while she covered . She started getting embarrassed herself as she knew it was the perfect moment to confess. “Sua?” She started and Sua hummed in response giving Jiu the okay to go on since she was listening. “I have to tell you something very important.” Jiu began as she felt her nerve tightening up as she was rooted into the ground making her unable to run away now.

 

“What is it?” Sua said as her gaze didn’t leave Jiu’s as Jiu closed her eyes. She gripped onto Sua’s shoulder hoping that Sua would give her time to say what she had on her chest for a while. You’ll be fine. Just pretend that you are saying it to your mom and you’ll be fine. Jiu told herself.

 

“I love you, Mom,” Jiu said as she opened her eyes only to find Sua having her eyebrow raised. She responded back to Jiu.

 

“I love you too, Daddy but remember there are still kids in the house.” She teased as Jiu didn’t understand until Gahyeon shouted out.

 

“Our parents just confessed to each other.” As she listened to the recording. When the recording finished Jiu became embarrassed and just began finishing the food in silence while Sua was laughing at the recording.

 

“And that’s how it basically went,” Jiu said sulking at yet another failed attempt to confess to Sua and it was also in public. Yoohyeon began laughing some more as she got some words in between her laughter.

 

“I… can’t… believe… you said… mom…. At the … end…” Yoohyeon kept on laughing as she had tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

 

“Yoohyeon, you’re not helping at all,” Jiu mumbled as she let out her frustrations. “I just want to say to Sua that I like her on a level that goes beyond friendship.”

 

“Well, you could have told me by yourself instead of taking Yoohyeon’s advice.” They heard someone call out and both froze at the familiar voice. Jiu gulped hoping that it wasn't who she thought it was. Jiu didn’t move as she was too scared to see who was in her room while Yoohyeon slowly looked at the entranceway and just laughed a bit. “Ya!” Sua popped her head into Jiu’s view as she had to use the ladder to see her. “Kim Minji! I have something to tell you too.” Sua said as Jiu freaked out and pulled her blankets over her. “Minji,” Sua called out once more as she huffed at the stubbornness Jiu was exhibiting. “I love you on a romantic level as well you dolt.” She finally managed to get Jiu to listen to her as Sua ripped the blanket off her and Jiu looked at Sua in shock.

 

“Really? You do? Really? Really?” Jiu kept repeating to Sua as she couldn’t believe that her love would be recognized.

 

“Yes, I do, Kim Minji. I love you I really really really do.” Sua assured until Jiu still didn’t believe it.

 

“Sorry, I’m not Kim Minji I’m Kim Lily,” Jiu said in the heat of the moment and Yoohyeon facepalmed herself. Sua just smiled at Jiu and brought her hand out for her to shake.

 

“Hi, I’m Kim Alice and I love you enough to know that I want you to be my girlfriend.” Sua introduced as Jiu’s and Yoohyeon’s jaws dropped at Sua’s bluntness. Jiu looked at Sua’s hand and then to her eyes to see if she was joking as always and somehow, she concluded that she was joking and shook Sua’s hand. Once, Jiu grasped onto Sua’s hand she pulled her in and gave her a kiss on her lips and pulled back. Jiu looked at Sua who her lips and nodded in confirmation. “Yep, definitely mine now. Lily.” Sua stated as she blew a kiss to Jiu and walked out of the room but before Sua left the room she commented. “By the way, don’t go to Yoohyeon for love advice the last time I went to her for advice she gave me the idea to call you daddy.” Jiu’s face flushed at the word and looked at Yoohyeon with wide eyes.

 

“Yoohyeon, what are you reading these days?” Jiu asked in shock which Yoohyeon responded back quickly.

 

“It wasn’t mine I got it from Dami’s books, I thought it would be a good love advice reference.” Sua laughed as she exited the room before telling everyone that Dami has a wide variety of genres she explores on her free time.