A Hundred More

A Hundred More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Hundred More

chobomiverse

 

“Are you ready for your human?” One of the gods and goddesses asked as she handed over to the young angel a folder with about a thousand pages in it.

“You know, if you put it out that way.. it doesn’t make me feel like a guardian angel but more of a human-eating monster.” Looking at the file in her hands, Bomi scanned the first pages for the immediate details that she needs to know about the human assigned to her, “Park Chorong, hmm.. oh! Today’s her birthday! Well she seems normal, not too impulsive, and very careful with her actions. In short, the perfect human for a start. Right?” Bomi asked the goddess but only to receive a hint of smile, seconds after that the angel felt herself falling down to earth and landed in a hospital.. first. “Whoa. You really had to drop me without any warning?” Bomi said looking up knowing that the goddess must be having a great time seeing a fallen angel. 

“First drop?” A girl, or rather another angel, asked as she helped Bomi up to stand.

“Yes. Geez thanks.” It’s easy to distinguish angels from humans. First, they all wear this white robe and second, each and every angel has his/her own unique wings.

With her eyes wandering at the newborn babies, Bomi stopped at the most beautiful one among all else. And as if aware of the staring angel, little Chorong started crying but hushed as soon as Bomi reached for those small hands. “Hello there my human, I’ll be your guardian angel. I’m gonna watch over you and will make sure to keep you away from harm all your life, I promise.”

 

Years passed and Bomi remained looking over Chorong as she grows up. The angel witnessed the first time little Chorong learned to stand up and even catches the human every time she falls. “Got you baby Chorongi, you’ll be just fine.”

The angel gave her all to prevent the simple stuff such as coffee spills, traffic accidents, and the likes. But there’s one thing Bomi wasn’t able to spare Chorong from and that’s the human’s first heart break followed by the second and eventually the third. 

“If only angels could kill.. I would’ve done it to those guys right even before you met them.” Bomi said as she gave her human a hug, and as stupid as it may sounds, she believes that it gives comfort to Chorong even though the latter doesn’t physically see and feel the angel’s touch.

And there was never a day that Bomi took her eyes off Chorong until the human’s last breath.. or so the angel thought.

 

“So how was your first lifetime with Park Chorong? I’ve seen that she have lived her life to the fullest.” The same goddess that assigned Bomi to her human asked at the moment the angel arrived back up in heaven. It feels good to be back but Bomi wouldn’t deny the fact that a part of her grew attached after looking over Chorong.

“She’s amazing, she deserved the long life and even deserves to have a family of her own but-” The angel had to stop talking as she can feel an overwhelming pain remembering how Chorong lived half of her life alone.

“That’s something you should’ve known. It may be her faith or maybe not.” The goddess answered with the usual selective words that gives Bomi no clue, none at all.

“Please stop from giving me all these riddles because if you haven’t notice? I’m actually not that very smart of an angel. Now, who’s my next human?” What Bomi said made the gods and other angels around her laugh.

 

“I should’ve known?” Bomi asked herself dwelling on what the goddess told her as she now walk aimlessly around heaven.

“You should’ve known everything about your human’s life because it’s written in that folder the goddess gave you.” The voice sounds so familiar that the angel is positive on hearing this voice before. “Up here angel.”

“It’s you!” Bomi said as she look up and saw the angel that helped her stand up from her first fall. 

“Why don’t you make your own cloud and let’s talk? I’m Eunji.” 

Bomi did as told, made herself a fluff of cloud and hop on it to level with her new angel friend. “Well to start, I’m Bomi and I totally forgot about the folder because of the harsh drop. I don’t need it anymore tho, it’s not like I’m meeting Park Chorong again.”

“What are you talking about? You get to have one human and yours is Park Chorong.” Eunji then gave Bomi back the folder of a thousand pages she neglected.

Now all those laughter made sense. A human per angel. She felt stupid for asking  for another one earlier but now that she’s aware that soon she’ll meet her human again, made the angel’s heart filled with excitement.

 

For the next three lifetimes of Park Chorong, Bomi noticed how everything is exactly the same. All the stops, all the life choices. Whatever is written on the folder seems to be what the human’s life is.

“So this is how it’s gonna be? No change, no nothing?” Bomi asked the goddess quite frustrated as she wanted more for Chorong than her simple.. lonely life. “She deserves so much more.”

“Hmm.. you do know you can come to her life right? You’re her guardian angel after all.”

“You’re kidding. That’s possible?!” The angel who’s now smiling at her brightest asked but only to receive a flying book, Rules and Regulations, coming her way as an answer. “Alright, alright. You don’t have to be mean. I’ll take my leave and read.” Using her adorable powers, the angel made the book follow her as she made her way to her own heaven room.

 

“Okay, time to meet my human.” Bomi said as she stood in front of a cafe where Chorong stays to study. The angel chose the year where the human is in college to fit her appearance.

“However the angel look will stay the same as it is in her human form and never age.” Bomi recalled what’s written in the book and did what she’s been practicing during the years she spent waiting for the human’s reincarnation. “Alright. I’m visible, I’m human. Now Chorong will arrive in ten minutes and I.. should get coffee and sit just like the other humans.”

Every second and every detail of this day was planned by the angel but now that Chorong is out of her sight for the first time, she can’t help but feel uneasy about it. “What’s taking her so long?” Bomi thought and when the angel was about to go out and transform herself back, Chorong entered the cafe looking fine as ever. Seeing her human with those raven locks that flows effortlessly on her shoulder, Bomi never felt so glad and relieved.

“Is this seat available?” Chorong asked bringing the angel back to the reality that she’s actually interacting with the girl she guards for thousands of years now.

“No- Yes. I mean s-sure it’s free please take a seat.” There’s nothing that the angel wants now but to disappear into the thin air. What happened to all those conversations she prepared? Bomi wouldn’t deny that everything was washed away the moment Chorong looked straight into her eyes. Those brown orbs that sends so much emotions, something that the angel is seeing for the very first time.

“Thanks! I’m Park Chorong, and you are?” The human sat across her offering a hand that Bomi stared at long enough before accepting. 

“I’m Bomi.” The angel answered as they shake but Chorong didn’t let go yet, giving Bomi the look that’s asking for more. And the angel had to think quick, looked around ’til she sees, “Yoon. I’m Yoon Bomi, now please you should be doing your report. I don’t wanna disturb.”

“How’d you know that I’m working on a report?” Chorong asked dumbfounded.

“Well, it’s a lucky guess. Did I got that right?” The angel tried her best to sound casual and not too creepy, which actually worked as the human settled down in front of her.

Chorong is exactly how Bomi have known her from all those years, she’s focused but considerate enough to talk to the angel from time to time.

 

The human and the angel grew closer, thanks to Bomi’s knowledge of Chorong’s life, the angel knew exactly what the woman likes and hates. Days passed by and the angel still managed to watch over her human but what’s new this lifetime is it that Bomi were able to be there physically with Chorong in her darkest days. With words coming from the lips of an angel, the healing of a human’s heart went faster than usual.

“Hey I got us something for tonight!” Bomi said as she welcomed Chorong in her apartment with chicken and beer. Of course she knew what today is, it’s time for her to go. The angel tried her best to find her human the perfect guy but no can do, she’s losing time. Bomi can’t stay longer in Chorong’s life because the latter will start wondering about Bomi’s true nature.

“What’s up Bomi-ya? Do we have something to celebrate?” Chorong asked with her eyes glued to the plastic bag on Bomi’s hands.

“I don’t think you would like to call it that but shall we?” 

Beer cans were soon emptied and a lot of stories were told but of course most of them are Chorong’s to tell. 

“So here it goes. Chorongi, I’m leaving.. for good.” Bomi said and Chorong has never been sober faster than this.

“What? You too?” The human asked with tears threatening t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter