Chapter 1- Jeongsa

First Night as Roommates

Earlier that afternoon~

They had just decided at dinner that Sana and Jeongyeon were going to be sharing a room whenever Twice were in Japan. The roommates were decided by their managers, and despite Jeongyeon’s numerous requests asking to keep the same roommates as back in Korea, she’d been stuck with Sana. They had decided to let Momo room with Chaeyoung, so they can film some content for MoChaeng TV. Jeongyeon had thought it was completely useless.

“Look Sana, you know I don’t mind us sharing a room, ofcourse not,” Jeongyeon started, “I just thought it would easier for everyone invoooolved if-“

“Jeongyeon, just… please stop. We all know the only reason you don’t want to be my roommate is because you wouldn’t be able to keep your hands to yourself once you see me in my cute ni-“

“Alright I’m going to go unpack,” Jeongyeon disrupted and turned away from Sana who had the biggest smile on her face.

Even from the other end of the hallway, Sana’s laughter was piercing her ears. Strangely, she didn’t hate it though, and instead thought it was a quite cute.

Jeongyeon reasoned with herself that it was the glasses of wine from dinner that was doing the thinking. Comedic, yes. But cute? No. Anyways, she had her own reasons for not wanting a new roommate. She wasn’t about to blurt this out to everyone though.

“Jeongyeon…” she said to herself, “just it up, it’s only 2 days and we’ll be back home.”

Once Jeongyeon got into their room, she quickly unpacked and hopped into the shower. She was already getting nervous, and just wanted to call it a night. She squirted some shampoo into her hands and massaged it through her hair, quickly becoming immersed in her thoughts. 'Just go to sleep quickly. Remember to breathe if anything gets out of control. Those breathing exercises Momo printed out for you? Just think of those. And don’t bother Sana with your stupid, little issues. I mean, at least there are separate beds. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?’

Jeongyeon quickly rinsed off and slipped into bed before Sana came back to their room.

Later that night~

Sana was quietly humming along to one of their new songs as she scrolled through some photos on her phone. It was past midnight but she was enjoying looking through the photos the girls had taken that day. She thought the pictures of Nayeon, Jeongyeon and herself with the matching caps were cute, and started to put filters on them so she could post them up. As she continued picking out filters, she heard a quiet mumbling from her left, and turned to see what was happening.

She squinted her eyes. She could slightly make out Jeongyeon’s figure in the darkness and could just see that her legs were pulled up to her chest. Her mumbles slowly turned into groans and then out of nowhere she started gasping for air. Sana quickly jumped out of her bed and ran to the other side of the room to where Jeongyeon was.

“Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon?” whispered Sana, “can you hear me?”

Sana pushed away the hair covering Jeongyeon’s face and tried to look into her eyes. She couldn’t see much, and the only light in the room were the rays of street light peeking in through the curtains. Jeongyeon’s eyes were squeezed shut, and she could see a few tears running down her face.

“Look how much you’re shaking. Here, can you get up?” Sana asked.

She helped Jeongyeon sit up slightly, and pushed away the bed covers to get some more air. Sana could see the panic in Jeongyeon’s eyes. She held Jeongyeon’s face in her hands as she tried to calm her down. “Shhh, shhh…”

“Are you hurt? What happened?” Sana asked.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know. I was scared. I felt like- I thought someone was there. I thought I c-couldn’t wake up. Was someone there?” More tears started to well up in Jeongyeon’s eyes.

Sana couldn’t believe it. For the first time, it felt like a part of Jeongyeon that she’d never seen before was showing. Jeongyeon was the girl who usually protected everyone, hugged all the girls when times were hard, took care of them when they were upset… And here she was, her whole body shaking and voice trembling from fear.

‘Did she not want me to see this?’ Sana thought to herself.

Never in a million years would she have imagined this being the reason why Jeongyeon didn’t want her as a new roommate.

“I didn’t want anyone to k-know… Momo calms me down before it gets out of c-control, and t-tonight I- ” Jeongyeon’s voice cracked.

You know it’s okay, this is all okay,” Sana whispered, slowly brushing Jeongyeon’s hair with one hand whilst Jeongyeon’s hand with the other, “it’s okay to feel a little exposed like this. We already know you’re so strong Jeongyeon. We all come to you when we need something, and we’ll keep coming to you, you know that right? I just want to know when you’re feeling scared Jeongyeon. You don’t have to feel like this all by yourself.”

Hearing these words, Jeongyeon looked up to try to find Sana’s light brown eyes in the darkness, searching for some comfort, some warmth. Sana realising this, pulled Jeongyeon to her chest and they both laid back down on Jeongyeon’s bed.

“Does this happen all the time? How come no one knows?” Sana said.

There was silence as Sana felt Jeongyeon shaking her head against her chest. She figured she’d stop asking and pester her for answers another night. Sana could still hear Jeongyeon trying to calm her breathing, trying to keep control.

“Thankyou, and I’m s-sorry,” Jeongyeon whispered in between her staggered breaths.

“You’re okay Jeongyeon, everything’s okay. I’m right here, and I’ll still be right here when you wake up,” Sana replied, still patting Jeongyeon’s hair and giving her light kisses to her forehead.

Jeongyeon cuddled up to Sana even more, clinging onto her white shirt and taking in her sweet scent. It was okay.

 

Oncefortwice1101