If I Weren't an Idol, My Life Would be Like... (Part 1)

Doppelgängers

Their plan to have a nice sleep flew out the window.

 

All seven members of iKON were talking loudly at the same time, trying to defend themselves against the accusations that were thrown among them. The already crowded room was then even more crowded with their huge manager in it.

 

“Can you all calm down for a second?” their Baymax manager, Park Yunhyuk, exclaimed louder than the rest of the noise. The boys froze for literally one second before they started talking again.

 

Yunhyuk heaved a long sigh. “CALM DOWN FOR A MINUTE!”

 

The boys stopped talking and all eyes fell on the manager.

 

“Thank you.” The manager breathed out. “Let’s start from you, Hanbin. And Bobby too.”

 

“It’s really not me. I swear.” Hanbin said with wide eyes. “Do you really think I’d risk going out with a random girl? I’ve never even seen her before.”

 

“Me too.” Bobby said, pouting at the whole situation. Whoever they were who posed as him and Hanbin, Bobby didn’t think they were funny at all. Copying their clothes and hairstyles and all, were they really that eager to ruin iKON’s image?

 

“Isn’t it obvious that these people aren’t us? It all happened today in Korea while we were already here in Japan,” Jinhwan pointed out. “This must be some kind of prank.”

 

“It’s the same case for us all,” Donghyuk said. “Jinhwan hyung is right, it must be a prank. People who look like us appeared and caused trouble for us, and this happened to all of us on the same day.”

 

“It could also happen before you came here, but people posted them today for some reasons.” The big manager rubbed his chin pondering over all possibilities. “Are you sure it’s not you in the picture, Dongi? The account’s owner said she heard you say ‘I like older women’. It’s exactly what you said on your latest show.”

 

Everyone shifted their attention to Donghyuk, who again waved his hands in panic. “No, no! It can’t be only me who likes older women! Anyone can say that!”

 

“But the person who said that looks exactly like you.” Yunhyuk crossed his arms.

 

“Aish, it’s really not me!” The poor boy was about to tear up. “I’d date if I could, but we have a no-dating rule! Please tell YG sajangnim it’s not me.”

 

“Us too.” Junhoe pointed at himself and Jinhwan. “I would never draw a hotdog on someone’s car. If anything, I’d write a poem instead.”

 

The manager’s phone rang and the boys went back on panicking. “It’s sajangnim again,” Yunhyuk announced.

 

“Please, hyung, please!” All seven boys got on their knees and pleaded for their lives.

 

“It was our anniversary yesterday, are you really going to ditch us and let us face sajangnim? Please, hyung.” The leader of the group begged. “I know you trust us and we trust you. Even fans say you’re like iKON’s eighth member. Please, hyung. Please help us. We love you so much.”

 

Yunhyuk sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before answering the call and putting it on loud speaker. “Hello, yes, sajangnim. I’m sorry for making you wait.”

 

“Where are those boys? I want explanation right now. Give the phone to B.I.”

 

Hanbin whined quietly and thrashed in his spot, but then took the phone anyway. “H-Hello, sajangnim.”

 

“What have you done? Have I made a terrible mistake by trusting you?” The CEO sounded like he was holding onto the very last strings of his patience in order not to explode.

 

Hanbin almost broke into tears, while the rest of the boys hung their heads low like scolded puppies. “N-No, sajangnim. Please hear me out. Those people really aren’t us.”

 

“Do you think I’m a fool?” The CEO raised his voice a bit and everyone in the room winced at it. “Anyone who sees the pictures will say they’re really you! What games are you trying to play?”

 

“N-No games, sajangnim. I-I’m sorry.” Hanbin stuttered.

 

“All of you, come to my office as soon as you arrive tomorrow. Don’t forget your masks when you’re in public. Be ashamed of yourself.”

 

The CEO ended the call and the boys melted into sobbing globs on the floor.

 

“Our career is ruined!” They cried out.

 

“I swear, when I find these people they’ll regret messing with us!” Hanbin growled and clenched his fists. He would have punched the poor innocent pillows if it weren’t for the members who held him back and calmed him down.

 

Meanwhile, somewhere in Seoul, Hanbin’s oblivious identical was lying in his bed with his phone in his hand. On the screen was a picture of a certain girl who had been making him constantly smile like a drunken fool.

 

“Ah, Raeyeonnie.” He sighed. “Why is it so hard to make you notice?”

 

Little knocks on his door made him put his phone away in an instant. When he opened the door, a small head popped in with a shy smile.

 

“Hanbin oppa?”

 

“Aigoo, Hanbyullie, why are you not asleep yet?” Hanbin picked his seven-year-old sister up in his arms and kissed her cheek. She felt bigger and heavier every time he held her up, and it saddened him that his little princess was growing up too fast.

 

“I wanted to play with you.” Hanbyul showed the old, white stuffed bunny she was holding. “I missed you, oppa.”

 

“I missed you more.” Hanbin squeezed his sister in his arms and brought her to his bed. He caressed her hair gently and asked, “What do you want to play?”

 

“Hmm... Should we dance instead?” The little girl grinned shyly as she pointed at the huge Red Velvet poster above her brother’s bed. “It’s been a while that I haven’t seen oppa dance.”

 

The loyal fanboy in Hanbin didn’t hesitate one bit, but as a cool oppa, he ought to keep his manly image. “Ah, a girly dance? Hanbyullie, I can’t do this too often, cool guys don’t do girl group covers. But if that’s what you want, then I have no choice. Let’s do it and then go to bed, okay?”

 

And so, the siblings stood facing a full-length mirror in the room and began to dance in unison like the adorable duo they were. And as expected, the fanboy was the one to burst in excitement instead of his little sister.

 

“Ppa-ppa-ppalgan mat, gunggeumhae honey!” Hanbin sang his heart out that Hanbyul had to stop dancing – not to admire his singing, but to cover her ears.

 

“Oppa, just dance, no need to sing! Stop, oppa!”

 

The twenty-two-year-old continued on singing and wiggling his body with a cheeky smile plastered on his face, intentionally teasing – or more like torturing – his sister and her poor ears.

 

From their short quality time, Hanbyul had learned a valuable lesson: asking Hanbin to dance to Red Velvet’s song was the worst idea ever.

 

Once his little princess had gone to bed, Hanbin sat at his desk and went back to staring at the picture on his phone. He shifted his gaze back and forth between the girl in the picture and his huge poster of the famous girl group.

 

“Am I that ugly?” He sighed dejectedly. “It’s normal that I can’t be with my idol, but it’s sad that I can’t be with an ordinary girl as well. Ah, Jiwon isn’t that handsome either, but why do girls like him better? He must be luckier than me... And you,” he pointed at his crush’s picture, “you like him too, right? I knew it. But since he has a girlfriend, let’s suffer from one-sided love together.”

 

Hanbin grabbed two anime figurines from his desk randomly and made them face each other. “This is you, and this is him.” He put another figurine next to the one representing Jiwon, and then separated them from the female one representing Raeyeon. “There. He went away with his girlfriend and left you alone. You think you’re alone, but I’m right here behind you.” Hanbin picked a dried flower from the vase on his desk and put it behind the girl figurine. “You or me, one of us must be a fool. We can neither leave each other nor get closer. I can only look at you looking at him, because you’re so beautiful to me... but in the end, we’re only friends. Why, though? I really like your voice, but with that sweet voice you tell me that I’m your best friend. I want more than that.” He sighed once again. “If loving is a sin, you would be the prison.”

 

The boy, who had been single for the whole twenty two years of his life, pulled himself together and moved to his bed as if his spirit had just flown away. “I talk to myself too much like I’m nuts,” he mumbled with his weak, hoarse voice that sounded much like a sad little boy. “I could have written songs with all these words, but even Hanbyullie hates my voice. It’s no use.”

 

A notification popped out at the top of the screen and Hanbin’s droopy eyes lit up in an instant. He didn’t waste a second to wait to open the message from none other than the crush herself.

 

“Hanbinnie oppa, are you free tomorrow?”

 

A big grin automatically split up Hanbin’s face. The girl didn’t always call him and Jiwon oppa, but he liked it when she added that behind his name.

 

I’m always free.” He replied quickly, but then thought out loud, “Ah, wait, no, she’ll think I’m a jobless pig that has nothing to do. But I am jobless... I’m a college student, it’s still understandable.”

 

He kept on muttering to himself as he was filled with pumping excitement. He shifted around in his bed, tossing and turning and bending his body in the weirdest positions. “Come on, loser, ask her out first. A date. It has to be a date. I want a date!”

 

Raeyeon’s reply came once again. “I really want to go play pool together, but Jiwon has a date tomorrow. :(“

 

“A chance!” Hanbin grunted, biting his fist and bouncing on his .

 

“Let’s go, just two of us is fine, right? ^^” He made himself giggle with his own smiley emoji.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t mind losing...

Since Jiwon won’t be there to team up with you ^^v”  

 

Raeyeon’s message was followed by laughing emojis. Hanbin’s face dropped flat knowing that she was right.

 

“Just kidding, just kidding!

It’s been a while we haven’t hung out together without one of us.

 Let’s get some ice cream and have a fun talk after pool. ^^”

 

“Ice cream date. It’s an ice cream date.” Hanbin suppressed his squeal and fell on his side, curling into a smiley ball.

 

“Should I pick you up?

I can take my bike with me.

Or I can borrow my dad’s car...”

 

Hanbin cracked a goofy grin and scratched his head clumsily when Raeyeon replied with more laughing emojis.

 

“What’s with you? We can go by bus as usual.

It’s not like we’re going anywhere special, right?”

 

“Yeah, what’s with me?” Hanbin laughed awkwardly. “What an idiot.”

 

“Go to sleep, Hanbinnie, it’s late. I’m also going to bed. Goodnight, see you tomorrow ^^”

 

“Goodnight, Raeyeonnie...” Hanbin bit his fingers in hesitation before continuing his message, “Dream of me, okay? :P”

 

The boy slammed his face into his pillow hiding his grin and grunted in embarrassment.

 

“You want me to have a nightmare? ㅋㅋㅋ

 

“Aish.. Am I really that ugly?” He asked himself the same question that he questioned too often.

 

“Just kidding, oppa~ I’ll tell you if I see you in my dream. Goodnight ^^v”

 

The doppelganger rolled onto his back and folded his arm under his head, staring at the ceiling with a lovestruck smile gracing his lips. Even on that blank ceiling he could still see her face. He was stuck in love for good.

 

“Should I write a song?”

 


 

Ding! Ding! “Order is ready! Hey punk, do you hear me? Order is ready!”

 

Feeling like someone was calling him, Jiwon stopped bobbing his head to the song he was listening to and plucked one earphone off his ear.

 

“Come get the order before I get you fired!” The yell had Jiwon flinch and jump onto his feet in an instant.

 

“Sorry, ahjumma! I’m coming!” The tall boy hurried to the fat, short-haired woman in a black polo shirt and a black cap that were identical with his – their work uniform. He flashed a goofy grin as he took a stack of three pizza boxes off the takeout counter.

 

“Wipe that stupid smile off your face and get moving! We ain’t getting another complaint about cold pizzas.”

 

“Sure, bye, ahjumma. Love you.” Jiwon made a small heart with his thumb and index finger before leaving with a cheeky smile. “I’ll be back soon!”

 

The part-time delivery boy placed the pizza boxes in the delivery box on his motorbike, zipped up his jacket and put on his helmet, and off he went into the night street.

 

Jiwon’s family wasn’t the richest around; in fact, they were one little humble family who were always content with whatever they had. His parents ran a convenience store, while his big brother, Jiun, was a married man who had just become a father, with a job that was pretty decent to support his own little family. As a college student who was supposed to graduate the following year, Jiwon felt the need to stop being a kid and learn to provide for himself. So he had started off with this part-time job as a pizza delivery boy.

 

Jiwon maneuvered into a neighborhood and flew his gaze around. “Whoa, nice houses. It’d be great to live here.”

 

He stopped in front of a big house and re-checked the address written on the paper in his hand, and after he was sure it was the right house, he took the pizza boxes out and pressed the door bell.

 

“Coming!” Just a moment later, the tall gate was opened, and came out a young girl who suddenly froze as soon as she saw Jiwon.

 

“Good evening. Your order is here.” Jiwon’s eyes curved up as he smiled and handed the pizza boxes to the girl. “Three large pizzas plus the delivery fee, that’ll be 73,700 Won.”

 

“B-B-Bobby?” the girl took the food absentmindedly, her eyes wide and agape.

 

“Nope. Jiwon.” Jiwon pointed at his name tag and kept his smile. “The money, please.”

 

“O-Oh, r-right. H-H-Here, please take it all.” The girl handed the money with both her trembling hands.

 

“Whoa, are you sick?” Jiwon held the hands to stop them from trembling like crazy, but then flinched and released them immediately when the girl let out a loud squeal instead. “Sorry, sorry, I’ll leave. Wait, 75,000, it’s too much. I have to give the change.”

 

The girl waved her hands frantically. “Please keep it all! I-I’ll give you anything! Oh my God!”

 

“Okay, okay, okay. Thanks, I guess.” Jiwon offered his sweetest smile and slowly took steps back as the girl went crazy on her spot.

 

“Oh my gosh! First Bobby appeared at my door delivering my food, then– then touched my hands– Bobby touched my hands! And it’s not even a fansign!”

 

Yup. That’s my cue to leave. Still smiling, Jiwon hopped onto his motorbike, nodded politely, and quickly drove away leaving the squealing girl.

 

“Tsk, who the hell is Bobby? I don’t need his fame.” Brushing it off, Jiwon increased the volume and continued on jamming to the song blasting in his ear. Soon all the Bobby problem was long forgotten.

 

It was the end of his shift. Jiwon changed his uniform into an oversized t-shirt and his favorite grey hoodie, put on his own black cap and his backpack before hopping onto his own bike.

 

“See ya tomorrow, ahjumma! Stop being angry and sleep well tonight!” He waved as he rode past the walking fat pizza lady down the street. She sighed and shook her head at the boy.

 

Around five minutes later, Jiwon stopped in front of another house, this time without bringing any pizza with him. The house wasn’t big like the previous one he had visited. It was a medium-sized minimalist one, painted in white that looked warm with yellow lights. He let himself in through the unlocked gate and entered the house as if it was his own.

 

“Took you long enough,” was the first greeting he got as soon as he stepped into the dim living room. There in the couch was a girl in clothes similar to the ones Jiwon himself was wearing – an oversized white t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. Her dark purple hair was pulled up into a somewhat messy bun, leaving some strands of hair on the sides of her face and on her nape. On her crossed legs was a bowl of popcorn. Other than one single floor lamp in the corner, the light from the television was the only one illuminating the dark room.

 

“Mommy and daddy would have caught us if I had come earlier.” The girl bounced off her slightly when Jiwon dropped all his weight into the couch, stretching his arm out on the backrest behind her.

 

“Yeah, like you’d do anything here.” She grabbed a fistful of popcorn and stuffed it all into Jiwon’s open mouth. Her parents, who were like young lovebirds, were away on their nth honeymoon, and they had just left an hour before.

 

“I’m here for a movie night with my Chaewonnie,” Jiwon said with a full mouth. He threw his arms around his girlfriend and rubbed his puffed cheek on hers, making her laugh and roll her eyes.

 

“What do you want to watch? Let’s not watch another horror movie, though. We both know who won’t be able to go to the toilet at night.” Chaewon stuck out her tongue mockingly.

 

“Yup, it’s you.” Jiwon pinched Chaewon’s cheeks before getting up and making his way to the DVD player.

 

“Nup, it’s you.” Chaewon grabbed the remote and set the TV to DVD mode.

 

“Nup, it’s you.” Digging the box under the DVD player, Jiwon picked a Holywood comedy movie among many choices he found there. “Let’s watch this one.”

 

“Sure! That one is funny.”

 

And so, Jiwon put the disk into the DVD player, and then lied down in the couch with his head in his girl’s lap. They remained in that position throughout the movie. Chaewon’s hand was constantly stuffing the popcorn into Jiwon’s mouth and her own, and once in a while Jiwon stole a glance at the girl’s face when she was laughing her off. The movie made the couple laugh so much to the point that Jiwon’s head was bouncing in Chaewon’s lap because of her laugh.

 

“They’re really idiots,” Jiwon cackled and slapped his knee. “How could they be that dumb?”

 

 “You’re dumb as well.” Chaewon laughed. She ran her fingers through the boy’s hair and tugged it playfully.

 

Jiwon shifted his attention from the movie to his girl, once again showing off his adorable eye smile. “You’re dumber because you fell for me.” And with that, he pulled her face down by her cheeks and planted a big smooch on her lips.

 

“If that’s the reason, then I don’t mind being dumb, pizza boy.”

 

The movie was left ignored for a moment as the couple shared a heated kiss that wouldn’t end until Jiwon slipped in a comment, “Your lips are salty.”

 

“Yours too!” Chaewon laughed and flicked the boy’s lips. “It’s because of the popcorn.”

 

After the movie ended, the pair dumped a pile of snacks onto the coffee table and continued on munching the night away as they talked and laughed some more, sharing earphones and singing to songs together, teasing each other with no boundaries as if they were the best of friends instead of just a normal couple. Well in fact, they were best friends after all.

 

That night, they both fell asleep in the couch, with Jiwon hugging Chaewon like a pillow and his earphones still stuffed in their ears. The young couple didn’t have much, but they were the happiest they could be.

 


 

“Nani, can you clean the table over there?”

 

“Sure, noona.”

 

It was a busy day at Cafe Platte, a famous cafe in Hongdae that was owned by Seiyeon, Jinhwan’s older sister. Other than the people there, some dogs could be spotted walking around, one of them being the owner’s adorable little Corgi. Givangchy was his name, and his existence itself was an attraction to the guests.

 

As requested by his sister, Jinwhwan took a napkin and proceeded to clean one of the tables, putting all the dirty cups and dishes in a tray. He brought them to the kitchen and quickly went back out to greet the new guests.

 

“Hello, welcome to Cafe Platte.” He bowed and smiled politely at two girls who had just arrived at the counter. Their attention was diverted from the menu board as they smiled back at him.

 

“It’s our first time coming here, can you recommend us the best in the menu?” One of the girls said.

 

“Sure.” Jinhwan clasped his hands and smiled. “Which one do you like better, bitter or sweet?”

 

“Oh, we both like sweet stuff,” the girl answered, pointing at herself and her friend.

 

“You’re already looking at the sweetest stuff we have here.” Realizing that the boy was referring to himself, the girls covered their mouths to hold their giggles. “Since it’s a bit chilly outside, you might want to have something warm. Our signature hot chocolate and milk tea are famous here. And since you like sweet, you should also try our cakes. I personally like the red velvet cake and the mille crepe the most.”

 

“Ah, they do look yummy.” The girls bowed down to look at the cakes in the showcase. “I’m actually on a diet, but since you’ve recommended them, today should be my cheat day.”

 

And so, with his charm, Jinhwan made it to make the girls buy everything he recommended. The barista girl behind the counter, who had been witnessing his action, gave him a knowing smile. It wasn’t the first time that the boy flirted with their customers – he did it on a daily basis.

 

“You said this is your first time coming here.” Jinhwan initiated to continue the conversation while they waited for the barista to prepare their order. “How did you find this cafe?”

 

“I heard from my friends who often come here,” one of the girls answered. “They said this is a nice place to hangout and the prices are affordable.”

 

“Some also say that the male employees here are cute.” The corner of Jinhwan’s lips tugged up in a small confident smirk.

 

The girls looked around and laughed. “You’re the only male employee here.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Nani, stop flirting and go clean the tables,” Seiyeon said as she passed by with a tray full of dirty cups. Jinhwan scratched the back of his head and grinned shyly for getting caught, once again making the girls giggle at his cuteness.

 

“Here’s your order.” The barista placed two trays on the counter. The girls took them and flashed a smile at the boy once again before heading to a table.

 

“He’s so cute,” one of them whispered as they walked away.

 

“I’m so cute.” Jinhwan shook his head and gave himself a pat on the shoulder.

 

On busy days like this, Jinhwan felt like the time flew by so quickly. He always loved working there; somehow even when his hands were full, he felt more at ease than he could ever be out there. And he liked the fact that at the cafe no one called him and chased him around like he was an idol or such, like many girls had been doing to him lately. Then, there were only three places where he could avoid too much attention: home, work, and college. He had no idea what had changed his life into that mess.

 

Before he realized it, it was already five minutes to 9 PM, and all employees were getting ready to close the cafe. Done with cleaning, Jinhwan put on his jacket and stood in the corner, staring at the night street through the transparent glass wall.

 

A soft touch on his shoulder made it to steal his attention. He turned his head to find his sister in her jacket, also looking ready to go home. “Spacing out?”

 

“Kind of.” The boy’s lips formed a hesitant smile.

 

“What’s wrong?” the older one asked.

 

“Just...” Jinhwan diverted his gaze back to the streets. “Feeling a bit lonely.”

 

Seiyeon sighed, feeling uneasy. She didn’t like it when her brother got all gloomy like this. “Tomorrow is your day off.  Go out with some friends.”

 

“I have no friends.”

 

“What are you saying? You have Junhoe and the other crazy boys in your class.” Seiyeon furrowed her eyebrows at the amount of negativity surrounding her brother.

 

“They’re busy with themselves, noona. And Junhoe is in trouble with his sister’s boyfriend, so he can’t talk much lately.” Jinhwan pouted sadly.

 

“Aigoo. My brother.” Seiyeon pulled the younger into a warm hug and patted his head. As the closest person to him, she knew well that he wasn’t that good at making new friends. It was strange how he was confident enough to flirt with the customers, but too shy to actually make real friends. “At least you have me here, right?”

 

“Thank you, noona.” Jinhwan returned the hug and forced a smile. “I’m glad I have you.”

 

“Try harder to make new friends, okay?”

 

“I will.”

 

The “PLATTE” LED sign was switched off, and the siblings walked together to the bus stop. It didn’t take long until the bus came. As always, there weren’t that many people on the bus at that hour. They entered the bus and went all the way to the back, choosing the second last row on the left side like they usually did. On the right side of the same row there were a girl and a boy in matching jackets. They seemed to be having a serious conversation.

 

“So, Nani, what’s your plan for tomorrow?” Seiyeon asked while looking at the streets. “I’d go out with you, but tomorrow isn’t my day off.”

 

“I don’t have any plans. Maybe I’ll still come to the café. I like working.” Jinhwan really did like working, because when he wasn’t working, he would feel a tad bit lonely.

 

“You won’t be able to make new friends if you don’t go out and explore.”

 

Jinhwan nodded to himself, but then realized those words were said by a different female voice. Both he and Seiyeon turned their heads to the pair next to them. Apparently the girl was giving a round of lecture to the boy.

 

“You will keep on seeing the same people if you only stay at same place every day. You think it’s hard to find people who can get along with you, but you haven’t really seen all kinds of people you can find out there.”

 

“That, what she said.” Seiyeon whispered, happy that she didn’t have to do the talking because someone had done it and Jinhwan had heard it clearly.

 

“Take a break from your games, oppa. At least find a friend to play together with.”

 

Jinhwan stole a glance at the siblings. He couldn’t see the girl clearly because, just like Seiyeon, she was sitting by the window and her brother was blocking her. But from his side profile, Jinhwan could guess that he was around the same age as him. He had somewhat spiky blonde hair and he was wearing a pair of black-rimmed round spectacles.

 

“My brother likes to play games too.”

 

Jinhwan snapped his head to his left and his small eyes were then wide on his sister, while the other pair of siblings also turned their heads to her.

 

With a warm, friendly eye smile, the other girl answered Seiyeon, “They should go and play together then!”

 

Jinhwan shifted his gaze to her, and when he got a clear view of her face, one word flashed in his mind: pretty. She was a bright, pretty girl, and her brother was in fact quite good-looking too. Just that his eyes were sort of sad and lifeless.

 

Even happier that the other girl was cooperative, Seiyeon perked up and proceeded to introduce herself and her brother. “I’m Kim Seiyeon, and this is my younger brother, Kim Jinhwan.”

 

“I’m Cho Shinhee, and this is my oppa, Cho Taewoo.” The girl grinned as she nudged her older brother with her elbow.

 

Both Jinhwan and Taewoo nodded and offered an awkward smile.

 

“Nice to meet you,” Jinhwan said.

 

“Nice to meet you too,” the other boy answered.

 

“How old are you guys?” Seiyeon attempted to fix the awkwardness between the boys. “I’m twenty eight, and Jinhwan is twenty two. He’s six years younger than me.”

 

“Really? You guys look much younger than that!” Shinhee’s bright eyes widened as she was genuinely surprised. “My brother looks older even though he’s actually younger. He’s twenty one, and I’m twenty.”

 

Jinhwan had no idea how these girls could easily initiate a conversation even though they were strangers. No wonder Seiyeon had many friends. But his sister had just given him a chance there, and he did want to have a new friend, so he pushed himself to talk more.

 

“You look young as well,” Jinhwan uttered out his thought with a small smile. “So... Taewoo, right? What games do you play?”

 

“Yes, I’ve been playing Overwatch lately,” Taewoo answered.

 

“Really? I used to play that a lot with my classmate.” Jinhwan chuckled recalling his play mate, Hanbin, and how much he at it. “But he doesn’t play that much anymore because he kept on losing.”

 

“You must be good then.” Taewoo turned his body facing the other boy slightly, one corner of his lips tugging up in a small smile. “Would be great to see it myself.”

 

“Is it a challenge?” Jinhwan cracked a small laugh when the other boy answered with a nod. “Sure, why not?”

 

Taewoo handed his phone to Jinhwan, surprising him with the sudden bold move. “Let me have your number.”

 

“Are you serious?” Jinhwan asked as he took the phone doubtfully.

 

“You accepted my challenge, so, yeah. Let’s see who’s better. But of course you can still back out now.”

 

The confident look on the younger boy’s face made Jinhwan chuckle and shake his head. “I don’t back out. Let’s have it then.”

 

Seiyeon and Shinhee put their hands up in a long distance high five as their brothers exchanged their contact information and proceeded to plan their first gaming “date”. The awkwardness soon melted away with the girls’ efforts to keep the friendly conversation going, until the bus slowed down and pulled over at their stop.

 

“Oh, our stop is here,” Jinhwan said.

 

“We also get off here.” Taewoo had a little smirk playing on his lips when both he and Jinhwan stood up, but the latter’s head didn’t reach past his shoulders. “You’re cute.”

 

“Tsk, don’t call me that.” Jinhwan looked away in embarrassment. “You’re the one overly tall.”

 

“I know, right? He’s the tallest in our family. He must have been switched at birth.” Shinhee laughed as she brother. When she stood up, Jinhwan saw that she was around the same height as him – fortunately his pride didn’t have to get hurt any further.

 

“It’s so nice to meet you guys,” Seiyeon said before they parted ways. “I really hope we can meet again soon.”

 

“Likewise!” Shinhee beamed. “You have no idea how hard it is to get my brother to interact with strangers. But let me tell you, he can be a bit cheeky once you get along with him.”

 

“I can already see that.” Seiyeon laughed noticing how the tall boy was smiling with his eyes trained on Jinhwan, while the shorter boy was awkwardly pretending not to notice it. Taewoo had a sweet smile even though it was just a small one. “Come stop by at our cafe whenever you’re free, okay? We may give you a discount for your first visit.”

 

“For real? Ah, You’re too nice, but it’s really not necessary. We’ll come for sure even if you don’t give the discount. Right, oppa?” Shinhee hugged her brother’s arm and looked up at him, silently forcing him to say yes with an adorable grin that made Jinhwan unknowingly smile to himself.

 

“Yeah, sure, why not. Let’s go.” Taewoo gave a smile and a small wave at the other pair. “See you around.”

 

“Oppa, be a bit warm, will you?” Shinhee hissed as Taewoo pulled her away. She turned her head back beaming and waving at the stunned siblings. “See you soon! Have a good night!”

 

“Well... That wasn’t so hard, was it?” Seiyeon gave her brother a pat on the back. “Look, you’ve just got yourself a new friend.”

 

Jinhwan shrugged, not sure if he could use the word “friend” yet. “We’ll see.”

 

Even though it had been awkward, and the fact that the younger boy had called him cute sort of annoyed him, Jinhwan did feel happy that he finally had a chance.

 

If he tried harder, perhaps he wouldn’t have to work his off to forget his loneliness anymore.

 


 

The tension was thick in the student board’s meeting room.

 

“I think you can’t be serious about that.”

 

The student board’s president had his elbows resting on the table, his hands folded under his chin. His small, sharp eyes were trained on one girl among the board members, and so were everyone else’s.

 

“Come on, Dongdong–“

 

“Donghyuk.” The black-haired boy corrected the girl.

 

“ –Donghyuk, this event takes place once a year and it’s only the second time now. Everyone knows it was a huge fat failure last year, even my friends from other colleges are still making fun of it. If we can’t invite famous idol groups, at least let’s invite a group from a small agency. You know, to promote both the artists and our university.”

 

She had just thrown an idea that made everyone in the room think she was out of her mind – inviting Big Bang to their university’s annual event. Yes, the king of K-Pop themselves.

 

“First of all.” Donghyuk put his hands down onto the table and offered his best, sweetest smile possible, like he was talking to a clueless little kid. “The clearest, most obvious situation here is that we don’t have the money to pay performers as big as Big Bang. Even if we did, it’s still not that simple, okay? Honestly the way you suggested it sort of surprised me, because it sounded like, ‘Let’s invite a clown to perform at my birthday party!’ Second of all, remember the deficit last year. We didn’t even pay the performers. If you guys want a spectacular event, give a spectacular effort in the funding as well. And let’s not use use thirty percent of the money for ‘committee consumption’ again. We didn’t even have to eat that much!”

 

“The president last year ,” one boy commented. “You’re the president now. We know you’re better than that.”

 

“Huh. A good president is nothing without his cooperative people. Group hug!” Everyone stood up and put their arms around each other in a circle, and then quickly returned to their previous sitting positions. The student board had become sort of an affectionate group since Donghyuk had taken the role as their president.

 

“We have lots of talents here, even in this room right now,” Donghyuk said. “I have an idea. Let’s open a performer registration. Pick the best ones, and to complete it, we can invite one professional performer.”

 

“Whoa, as expected of our president!” The members applauded him.

 

“Come to think of it, Donghyuk himself can be a performer,” one female member pointed out. “He’s really good at dancing!”

 

The president laughed bashfully and waved his hands. “No, no, I can’t be both a committee and a performer at the same time.”

 

“Dance for us then! Dance here!” The members became loud as they forcefully made their president get up from his seat. One of the boys even started to beatbox for the background music.

 

“Alright, alright! Just this once!” Laughing, Donghyuk proceeded to do popping and roll his body ily to the beat, which made the members go even noisier with their cheers.

 

“Twerk! Twerk! Twerk!” The boys chanted, and Donghyuk began to twerk his wildly while cackling like a naughty little boy.

 

“That’s enough!” He hit the table and took his time to stop laughing. “What kind of meeting is this? Are we turning this into an adult club now?”

 

“Wow, our president is really the best,” one girl said, shaking her head in awe and pretending to wipe her sweat off. “It’s suddenly very hot here because of you.”

 

“He’s hotter than an adult club dancer,” said one boy, who then got hit square on the face by a flying paper ball thrown by the flushed-faced president.

 

“Be quiet you all,” Donghyuk laughed. “Show some respect, will you?”

 

“We love you.” The members grinned and made big hearts with their arms.

 

“All of a sudden?” The smiley Donghyuk sat back down in his seat and shook his head. “Really, what to do with you guys? This university has a crazy student council.”

 

“It’s because we’re led by a free-spirited leader.”

 

“So! The conclusion is,” Donghyuk ignored the remark, making the members chuckle. “We’re going to open a performer registration, which I suggest should be starting by the end of next week at the latest, since the event is in two months. We don’t have much time to prepare everything. So, now, let’s assign tasks for the registration.”

 

Donghyuk’s charisma as a bright leader was back as he went back on his serious mode. He easily had everyone’s attention on him throughout his explanation until the moment he ended the meeting.

 

“So, that concludes everything from today’s discussion. Remember, our next meeting is next Monday, and everyone has to report their progress on their parts. Understood?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Also, I want to thank you all for your efforts. Every single one of you plays a big role here, and we won’t succeed without just one of us. Let’s work hard together like a family, shall we?”

 

Everyone had a warm smile on their faces as they nodded to their sweet president’s words.

 

“Okay, meeting dismissed. Thanks for attending and enjoy the rest of your day!” Donghyuk sent everyone off with his bright smile. Normally he would ask everyone out for dinner after a meeting, but this time he had his own plan for the night.

 

Right when he stepped his foot out the room, his phone buzzed in his pocket. A big smile bloomed on his face even before he saw who was calling him.

 

“Rahee noona! I’ve just finished the meeting.”

 

“Hurry, Dongdong~ I’m hungry.”

 

Donghyuk giggled hearing the aegyo-filled feminine voice. His lady was older than him, but her antics were just like that of an adorable young girl, and he loved it that way.

 

“Let me get changed first, okay? I want to look good for noona.” Donghyuk slung his backpack over one shoulder and hurried his way to the restroom. He was in an oversized T-shirt and a pair black jeans, which he considered wasn’t the best look for the event that night.

 

“My Dongi looks good in anything.”

 

“Even in nothing?”

 

“Aish, hey! This naughty boy...”

 

Donghyuk laughed at his flustered girlffriend as he entered one of the stalls in the restroom and proceeded to take his shirt off.

 

“Noona, I’m shirtless now. Wanna see?” He cracked a naughty grin.

 

“Don’t tease me!” Rahee whined on the phone, making the boy even more eager to .

 

“Wait, I’ll take a y selfie for noona.”

 

“Are you really saying that in the restroom? If someone hears you, they will misunderstand.”

 

“There’s no one here, noona. Should we have a date here? In the toilet?”

 

“Hey, when did you get this naughty?” Donghyuk could almost hear Rahee roll her eyes through her voice. “I’m in the parking lot already.”

 

“Really?” Donghyuk’s eyebrows went up in surprise. “You weren’t kidding when you said you were coming here?”

 

“Of course not! Even though I’m the girl, I’m still older than you, so let me be the one who picks you up once in a while.”

 

“Ah, noona, you didn’t have to... I will hurry then! I’ll hang up now, wait for me, okay?” Donghyuk smooched his phone, making sure his girl heard the sound. A smile played on his lips when he heard giggles at the other end of the line.

 

“I’m waiting~”

 

Donghyuk hung up the phone and quickly slipped into a black, long sleeve button-up shirt that was somewhat too big for him. Oversized clothing was his favorite style after all. He sprayed a little bit of his favorite perfume – a subtle yet masculine scent that Rahee also loved, since it was a gift from her. He got out of the stall and proceeded to style his black hair up in front of the mirror. After ing his shirt down to the third button from the top, he grabbed his phone and took a mirror selfie of himself doing aegyo in a y pose.

 

“Cute and y for noona.” He giggled to himself as he sent the message along with the picture to his lady. He buttoned his shirt back properly before leaving the restroom. The student council president still had a reputation to keep after all.

 

A while later, Donghyuk was already seated inside a certain white car. Next to him, behind the steering wheel was a lady in a knee-length sleeveless black dress, her hair then as black as her outfit and her red lips forming a meaningful smile. The phone in her hand was showing the toilet selfie that he had sent earlier.

 

“You really are something,” Rahee said. “Really a naughty kid.”

 

In a teasing manner, Donghyuk ed the top two buttons and traced his finger down the rest of the buttons, then ended up cackling when Rahee swatted his hand away.

 

“Noona, at least let me drive. Or let me pay for the room tonight. Don’t spoil me, I’m noona’s man!” Donghyuk bounced in his seat and pouted childishly. Not able to cope with the aegyo attack, Rahee squeezed her own cheeks and then the younger boy’s while trying to suppress her squeal.

 

“Aish, how are you the student council president?” Donghyuk continued on attacking his girlfriend with his cute antics as she stepped on the pedal and drove away leaving the university area.

 

The couple were heading to one of top five-star bar and restaurants in the city, as they were invited to a birthday party of Rahee’s friend’s. It was right above a five-star hotel, and they were planning on “testing the bed” just for the night, since it was Friday night. Donghyuk could have considered himself lucky to have a young business lady as his girlfriend; she had a family boutique and salon that she ran together with her older sister, and she certainly had enough money to spend on a five-star hotel room. But instead of feeling lucky, more often Donghyuk felt uneasy whenever she spent her money on him.

 

“Or, let me help at the salon again.” Donghyuk continued on trying to find a way to pay her back. “I’ve gotten better at styling, haven’t I?”

 

“You have.” Rahee grinned happily. She had started to teach the boy about hairstyling and mix-and-match not long ago, and she was proud to have discovered his hidden talent in that. “You don’t have to ask for my permission to come to the salon, Dongi, I always love to have you around. You’re like a puppy, your presence lifts everyone’s mood.”

 

“So I’m noona’s puppy? Can I noona’s cheek then?” Donghyuk asked in a cute voice, sticking his tongue out and leaning closer to Rahee, who was giggling and trying to push his face away.

 

“Dongiyaa, I’m driving!” She laughed. When they stopped at the red light, she took the chance to cup his cheeks and kiss him on the nose. Satisfied enough, at last the boy sat properly with a big smile on his face.

 

Moments later, the couple found themselves mingling with well-dressed people in a spacious, modern and elegant restaurant. The floor was covered by black marble tiles and warm yellow crystal lamps were hanging on the ceiling. At one end of the room there was a transparent double door with a golden sign next to it, “SKY BAR”.

 

Donghyuk was smiling brightly at everyone. Most of Rahee’s friends knew him, and he was easily a loved puppy there, just like everywhere else. Those who saw him when he wasn’t smiling might think that he was sulking because of his somewhat cold face, but he instantly won their hearts the moment he smiled, especially when he displayed his affection towards his lady without hesitation – holding her hand, wrapping his arm around her, even kissing her cheek and feeding each other. The females around him were constantly cooing at his sweet antics, and they loved to call him “the complete package”.

 

But even though the social butterfly loved to be around many people, still at one point he wanted to be alone with his girl. Once they were done with their food, he took her hand and quietly pulled her away from the crowd.

 

“Noona, let’s go to the bar.” Donghyuk pointed at the bar sign. Through the transparent door they could see that the sky was already dark outside, and the color-changing lights from the bar tempted them to come and enjoy themselves there.

 

“Are you planning anything naughty?” Rahee linked her arm with Donghyuk’s and let him take her away from her friends.

 

“I’m not always naughty, noona.” Donghyuk chuckled and patted the shorter’s head. “You know I don’t like to get drunk.”

 

“I know, goody boy.” Rahee stuck out her tongue and poked the dimple on Donghyuk’s cheek.

 

“Well I’m not planning anything, but I can’t promise nothing will happen.” Donghyuk gave a mischievous look before opening the door and bowing like the gentleman he was. “After you, my lady.”

 

They were greeted by the y R&B music playing in the background as they entered the spacious sky bar. They were fifty levels above the ground, the open sky was within their reach. Near the bar was a DJ corner, and next to it was a stage for live performance, although there was no performance at the moment. There was a pool with white and purple balloons around it. The water was rippling blown the soft wind, glimmering with the reflection of the light garlands around.

 

The night was still young, it wasn’t that crowded there and everyone was still sober, since they were busy mingling and filling their stomachs with the expensive food they couldn’t eat on a daily basis. However, a group of boys and some couples were spotted already starting with their drinks while enjoying the beautiful night city view. Rahee led Donghyuk towards the bar and ordered their drinks.

 

“Wine only, right?” Rahee smirked, knowing it was the only liquor he could drink. Rahee herself wasn’t much of a drinker anymore as she came from a well-cultured and religious family, just like her younger boyfriend, even though she had been known as a heavy drinker in her late teenage years. So she got herself a glass of fruity margarita and made a mental note not to end up ordering more.

 

The couple claimed an empty table of two by the railings, where they could freely enjoy the view of city lights beneath them and the clear night sky above their heads. On the table was a small candle that completed the warm, romantic atmosphere.

 

“Wah, it’s so pretty here.” Rahee’s eyes widened at the view in awe. “Everything looks so small down there.”

 

“You’re just like what you’re looking at, noona.” Donghyuk shifted his gaze from the streets below to the lady across the table, a warm smile playing on his lips. “The night is dark and dangerous, but it becomes pretty with those lights. The first time I got to know the other side of you, you seemed like a dangerous drunken mess, but the innocent light in your eyes told me otherwise. You’re a y woman with a little girl’s charm. It’s beautiful, like this view.”

 

By the time Donghyuk was done with his sweet sincere words, Rahee’s cheeks had become rosy and a shy, child-like smile had bloomed on her face. She diverted her gaze away in embarrassment, resting her chin in her palm.

 

“Then, you’re the opposite of me,” she said. “A cheerful boy who seems innocent, but is actually very y and dangerous.”

 

“Opposites attract.” Donghyuk chuckled as he lifted his glass of wine in his hand. “For our beautiful night. Cheers.”

 

“Cheers.” They clinked their glasses together and took a sip of their respective drinks, giving each other a mischievous look as they did so.

 

“Dongi, tell me.” Rahee put her glass down and smiled to herself. “As a y-minded guy, how do you feel about us staying at a hotel together, like tonight?”

 

“Do you want an honest answer?” Donghyuk laughed. “I think you know the answer.”

 

“Nope, I don’t.” Rahee shook her head and smiled mischievously. “You’re unpredictable, really! Your two oppsoite sides just show up randomly whenever they feel like it.”

 

“That’s right. Whenever they feel like it.” The younger chuckled. “Right now I’m just happy that I can spend the night with you, but it may be a different case once we’re alone in our room.”

 

“Are you really going to let that side show up?” Rahee played with her drink absentmindedly. “I’ve never really seen the real thing, have I? I would be like a helpless bunny if Dongi decides to attack and eat me.”

 

Donghyuk couldn’t help but laugh, noticing how his older girlfriend actually sounded concerned in her joke. He took her hand and held it in both his bigger hands.

 

“Noona. Of all people, you should never be scared of me, okay? Instead of attacking you, I would try hard to protect you and make you feel safe. Trust me, I know how to control myself.” He blinked and smiled softly. “And we have a promise to keep.”

 

“That we won’t do it before the right time?” Rahee asked shyly, getting a nod as the answer. Her relief was then reflected in her grin. The couple intertwined their pinky fingers together, where they had identical rings on – the rings that bound their promise to keep their innocence until marriage. It might be something ridiculous to many people, but the young couple valued their life principles more than what anyone could say about them.

 

However, it didn’t necessarily mean that they couldn’t get a bit naughty once in a while.

 

The later it was, the more crowded the bar became, and the songs playing in the background turned a bit louder. The couple noticed that those songs were also bolder than the ones a while before; the suggestive lyrics had them giggling somewhat awkwardly.

 

“I’m using all my strength to hold myself back
But you don’t notice anything
Or maybe you know but you’re acting like you don’t

Your two legs are pretty and soft
From your bangs that cover your brows
To your oasis-like eyes
They grab me and don’t let me go, it’s hurting me inside

Little girl, take those, those, those lips away from me
I’m not pure, baby, with all my strength
My manly instincts are beating
The devil’s whispers are igniting me
You started this, I can’t stop it...”

(Mino – Turn Off the Light)

 

Unknowingly Donghyuk’s gaze trailed down to the red lips that were wrapped around the fresh strawberry from the cocktail glass. His Adam’s apple bobbed up and down watching the fruit chewed and swallowed slowly. The lady’s leg accidentally brushed against his as she crossed it over the other, and no matter how he wanted his mind to stay clear, he couldn’t stop his imagination from wandering a bit too far. The blue, purple, and pink lights that slowly moved across her pale skin made him sink deeper into his own clouded mind.


“Let’s just hold hands and sleep
I want to make myself sleep
Actually, I want to burn
Let’s just hold hands and sleep
I want to start this connection
Truthfully, I want to go all the way...”

 

“Whoa, that couple, they’re getting wild.” The oblivious Rahee was looking somewhere else, where a couple were eating each other’s face passionately. Not getting any answer, Rahee’s attention was back on Donghyuk, just to find him staring at her with an intense gaze.

 

“What is it?” She chuckled. She poked his lips with the remaining half of the strawberry she had just eaten. “Try this, it’s good.”

 

Donghyuk took the red fruit into his mouth and chewed on it with a smirk.

 

When the next song played, the corner of Donghyuk’s lips tugged up a bit higher. Dean’s I Love It – another suggestive song sung by his favorite singer.

 

“You’re really right, noona, my two opposite sides show up randomly.”


“Of course I’m right. Ah, wait, don’t tell me–“

 

Before Rahee could finish her sentence, Donghyuk had left to the DJ corner and said something to the guy there. When he stepped onto the stage, Rahee knew it was his crazy side showing up, and she had to prepare herself mentally for what was coming next.

 

While the song was still going on from the intro, Donghyuk grabbed one of the microphones and went to the middle of the stage, earning everyone’s attention when he cleared his throat. “Good evening, I’m going to entertain you a little bit.” He bowed and smiled specifically at his lady in black.

 

Catching everyone off guard, he didn’t only start singing to the song with his sweet voice, but also danced in a very seductive way. People cheered in excitement and moved closer to the stage.

 

“Friday night, 10.30, tomorrow I have no work

A small room, you and me

The phones are turned off

We don't rush, never

We have time, shh... You don't need to talk

You can do as you feel, it’s okay.”

 

The boy swiftly moved his body in a smooth wave, smirking at his embarrassed lady as he motioned his fingers as if teling her to come to him. Some were asking each other who he was because of how sweet his voice was and how he danced so well.

 

“You’re beautiful, beautiful

at the place my stare stops, baby

You’re so beautiful to me, girl

your stare is at the same place as mine, yeah

 

I love it and I like it, the thick applied lipstick on your lips

You love it and you like it, when I my shirt.”

 

When Donghyuk actually ed one button of his shirt revealing his chest, his audience gave a loud cheer thinking it was a striptease performance. In her seat, Rahee was wincing at the sight. She was mentally arguing with herself about whether she should go up there and pull him down and take him home.

 

Up at the front, Donghyuk was enjoying her reaction to his content. He got down on one knee and began to his hips into the air in slow, sensual waves.

 

“Making love and love and I love it
Making love and love and we make love
Making love and love and I love it
Making love and love and we make love~”

 

“y! Whoop! Strip! Strip! Strip!”

 

When the half drunk crowd began to chant for her boy to turn his sensual dance into an adult performance, that was when Rahee decided to step up and claim him back. Donghyuk laughed seeing her coming. When she reached out her hand to pull him, instead of going with her, he pulled her into his arms and somehow managed to make her a part of his dance. He held the microphone close to his lips, caressed her face softly while singing in the most seductive way that set the female audience on fire.

 

“Go, Rahee! Dance with him!” Rahee snapped her head towards the crowd and found her friends cheering for them loudly, including the birthday girl herself.

 

The lights then turned red and Mino’s Body transitioned in, a song that made Rahee roll her eyes and chuckle in defeat.

 

She leaned closer and whispered in Donghyuk’s ear, “You’re going wild just after a glass of wine?”

 

With a smirk, the younger whispered back, “You’re the one who makes me wild, noona, not the wine.”

 

And the crowd went crazy as the couple began to dance. Their moves were bold, daring and sensual, their smirks remained as they bodyrolled against each other. But unfortunately for everyone, the fun didn’t last long because Rahee ended up laughing in embarrassment and rushing off the stage.

 

“Thank you, everyone, have a good night.” Donghyuk winked and bodyrolled his way off the stage, which was then claimed by some drunk couples.

 

“That was hot!” Rahee’s friends came and surrounded them. “Dongdong is such a hot dancer! How come we didn’t know this?”

 

Rahee cupped her burning red cheeks and tried to calm herself down from the thrill, while the said boy was calmly smiling and nodding to the compliments. More of the guests came and tried to get to know him. At the end of the day, he managed to get himself a number of new friends. It was never hard for him to make friends after all.

 

When the party was over and everyone was wasted, Donghyuk accompanied his lady to fetch her stuff that was still in her car. The two were tired out of their minds, but somehow they still had the energy to joke and laugh all the way. The boy was laughing so much that his cackles were echoing throughout the lobby. It successfully earned someone’s attention – a girl who had just walked into the lobby recognized the familiar laugh. Even though she wasn’t sure if it was really him, fingers crossed, she tried to find the source of the voice.

 

Donghyuk carried Rahee’s bag and wrapped his arm around her shoulders along their way to the elevator. They were too busy with each other that they didn’t realize they were being followed and recorded.

 

Just when they stopped at the elevator, a female voice called out, “Donghyuk?”

 

Both Donghyuk and Rahee turned their heads to the girl who had been following them. The phone in her hand was still recording them, and Donghyuk’s arm was still around his girl.

 

 “Yes?” Donghyuk answered. “Do I know you?”

 

The girl gasped and covered with her free hand. “I-I’m an iKONIC!”

 

“Iconic?” Donghyuk cocked his head to the side. “Why are you iconic? Are you a celebrity?”

 

The fangirl was speechless. “No... iKONIC! iKON’s fan!”

 

“icon? I-c-o-n?”

 

The fan started to think that the boy was kidding around. “iKON... I-K-O-N!”

 

Donghyuk looked at Rahee, who looked back at him in confusion and shrugged.

 

“Sorry, we don’t know iKON,” Donghyuk smiled apologetically.

 

The fangirl shifted her gaze back and forth between the boy and the lady next to him. Ah, he must be playing dumb to protect her. “Ah... Is that your girlfriend?”

 

“Yes, she is.” Donghyuk flashed a proud smile, unknowingly holding Rahee even closer. The other girl was taken aback.

 

He’s not even trying to deny it! She thought. This fan seemed to be in her early 20s, judging from her outift – she was wearing a black pencil skirt and a navy blue long-sleeve blouse. And fortunately, it turned out that it wasn’t only her age that was mature.

 

I should appreciate his honesty. She stopped recording and put her phone in her pocket. “Are you... staying together here?” She asked carefully with an awkward smile. As a fan, it was still inevitable to feel slightly hurt to discover her idol’s secret relationship.

 

“Yup, we attended a birthday party here earlier,” Donghyuk answered nicely.

 

“How about you? Are you here alone?” Rahee asked. The elevator door opened and the couple entered, followed by the fangirl. Donghyuk pressed the button “31”, and the girl pressed the button “27”.

 

The girl rubbed her arm sheepishly and diverted her gaze away. “Actually, I’m... I’m here to meet someone.”

 

The couple looked at each other. “Is it something private?” Donghyuk asked, and the girl nodded.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry for asking.” Rahee bowed.

 

Out of the blue, the fangirl teared up, and the couple gasped in surprise.

 

“Oh my God, please don’t cry, I’m so sorry!” Rahee bit her finger out of guilt.

 

“No, no, I’m sorry.” The other girl wiped her tears away and smiled. “I need to do it. I need money.”

 

Without thinking twice, Rahee fished out her wallet and took out a number of bills, and put it in the girl’s hand.

 

“Take it and go home, please.”

 

The girl stepped back in surprise seeing the amount of money in her hand. “No, no, no, please don’t do this. Please take it back. It’s okay, I’m... I’m used to doing this.”

 

The girl bowed her head in embarrassment, avoiding to see Donghyuk’s face. But then she cried when she felt two pairs of arms around her.

 

“Please go home, it’s late,” Donghyuk said, patting her head. “Your family must be worried about you.”

 

The elevator then stopped on level 27, but Donghyuk and Rahee wouldn’t let the girl out. Even before they got off on their own floor, they made sure to press the ground floor and tell the girl many times to go home.

 

“We have to separate here, but I hope you’ll listen to us,” Donghyuk said while holding the elevator door open. “There are lots of other ways to get money. Please take good care of yourself.”

 

“The money...”

 

“Use it well.” Rahee smiled. “Ah, we didn’t even ask, what’s you name?”

 

“Suji.”

 

“I’m Rahee. See you, Suji.”

 

“T-Thank you so much! You’re so nice, I hope iKONICs will be nice to you and that you both will always be happy!”

 

And with that, they waved goodbye and Donghyuk let the elevator doors close. They went to their room while questioning one thing.

 

“Who is iKON again? Why did she mention it?” Rahee asked.

 

“Let me search it up later,” Donghyuk said.

 

Once they were in their comfy room, Donghyuk tossed himself onto one of the two beds and rolled around like a happy kid. They had picked a room with two twin beds instead of one king-size bed for the sake of their own safety.

 

While Rahee took her time showering, Donghyuk spent the time playing with his phone.

 

“Oh, right. Search up iKON.” He spelled the word as he typed it in. “I-K-O-N.”

 

Results then came out, and he scrolled through them, but he couldn’t find any exact answers. It was like there were no famous public figures called iKON. “Maybe it’s C instead of K?” He changed it to “icon”, but the results were even more random.

 

“Aish... I’m looking for a famous iKON, not computer icons.” No matter how much he searched up and down with different keywords, he still couldn’t find out who iKON was. “Is this iKON not even famous? A rookie artist?” It was just strange to him. He had thought that this iKON thing could be the explanation for the strange phenomenon happening to him and his six classmates – perhaps iKON was a group of famous people who resembled them, although he believed the chance was small that all seven of them looked like famous people in one group. But then that he was searching it up, he couldn’t even find a single clue about what or who iKON was.

 

“Dongi, did you find anything?” Donghyuk turned his head to find Rahee in her fluffy white pajamas, drying her wet hair with a towel. Without makeup she looked just like an innocent teenage girl.

 

“I found a cute noona.” Donghyuk laughed. “Other than that, I found nothing.”

 

“That’s weird.” Rahee chuckled. “Go and take a warm shower. It really felt nice in there.”

 

“Can’t I just take a shower tomorrow?” Donghyuk hid his head under his pillow. “I’m too tired, noona~ Let me just sleep.”

 

“Don’t be lazy, dirty Dongdong.” Rahee smacked the younger’s with her towel and laughed.

 

Donghyuk lifted the pillow and peeked. “What will I get for showering?”

 

“A good smell and a good night sleep. What else?” Rahee stuck out her tongue.

 

“Cuddling~” Donghyuk said in an adorable voice as he curled into a smiley ball. “If Dongi takes a shower, noona has to wait for Dongi, and then cuddle with Dongi.”

 

“Ugh.” Rahee pinched the bridge of her nose and bit her lip to hold her grin. She was whipped for her little boyfriend’s aegyo. “Okay, okay, hurry and go now!”

 

“Yes!” Donghyuk sprang off his bed and dashed into the bathroom without waiting for the second command.

 

“What to do with this boy?” the lady shook her head. She slipped under the bed sheets and got busy with her phone, just like the boy earlier, searching up a certain word out of curiosity.

 

“Hmm. There’s really nothing about iKON. We should have asked Suji further about it.”

 

Just a short while later, Rahee felt the bed shift and an arm was then wrapped around her waist from behind. The natural masculine scent that engulfed her made her feel calm and safe, but the giggle behind her ear made her giggle as well.

 

“Did you wash up well?” Rahee put her phone on the bedside table and the arm holding her, not bothering turning around.

 

“I did, for noona.” Donghyuk buried his face in Rahee’s hair, inhaling the fresh scent with a smile.

 

“Then you would have stayed a dirty boy if it weren’t for me.”

 

“That depends on what kind of dirty you mean.”

 

This time Rahee turned around to give a little flick on the boy’s forehead.

 

“Ouch! What did I do wrong?” Donghyuk chuckled.

 

“You deserve that after your little show earlier. Hmph.” Rahee gave a weak playful punch on his chest.

 

“But you enjoyed it, right?” The boy laughed. He wrapped his limbs around the smaller body like a pillow and held her head on his chest. The older answered with a shy nod. “I enjoyed it too. Noona is so y when noona dances.”

 

“I’m never doing that again.” Rahee hid her face in Donghyuk’s chest like a shy kitten, making him laugh more.

 

“Noona. Can I kiss you?”

 

Donghyuk caressed his girl’s hair softly and peeked down to see her flushed face. Even kissing wasn’t something he would do whenever he felt like it. They had their own theory that if something was done too often, it wouldn’t be so special anymore. So there he was, asking for her permission.

 

Like a turtle, Rahee lifted her head from its hiding spot and her eyes met with Donghyuk’s warm gaze. A smile grew on their lips in unison. She caressed his cheek lovingly, and the next thing they knew, their lips were locked in a passionate kiss.

 

The longer it lasted, the harder it was for Donghyuk to stop. He was a young man with a burning passion after all. His breath became uneven. When the older noticed it, she pulled back from the deep kiss and replaced it with soft, light pecks on his thirsty lips.

 

“Let’s sleep.” She smiled, drawing circles on his chest with her finger. “You’re tired, aren’t you?”

 

Sad that the kiss had to end, Donghyuk jutted out his bottom lip, but then smiled almost immediately. “Thank you for tonight, noona.”

 

After giving Rahee a kiss on the forehead, Donghyuk moved to his own bed and pulled the sheets up to his nose. The couple flashed an eye smile at each other and gave each other a small finger heart.

 

“Ah, noona, what should I do about all this iKON thing?”

 

“Hmm... Should we ask around? Maybe a friend knows about it.”

 

“Ah, you’re right. Let’s do that tomorrow.”

 

That night, the doppelganger slept like a baby, not knowing that somewhere on the other side of the city his original self was freaking out because of another new scandalous footage of him.

 


 

A/N: so, that was the first part of the doppelgangers’ stories! We’ve had Hanbin, Jiwon, Jinhwan, and Donghyuk here, so in the next chapter we’ll have Chanwoo, Junhoe, and Yunhyeong x) whose story do you like the most?

 

As you may have noticed, Donghyuk’s part here is the longest. That’s probably because he’s currently wrecking my bias list like the whole bias wrecker he is :(((( but damn I tried my best to portray the members and their personalities accurately, and Donghyuk’s personality in this story is really how I see him in my mind, just like the others.

 

Anyways I apologize if I can’t update quickly because I’m also working on another story as well as my thesis :)))) hope this update was worth the wait, if you waited for it lol

 

Please look forward to the next chapter. Thanks a lot for reading and subscribing, drop some comments to let me know what you think! <3

 

 

DONGDONG :((((( Let this y adorable angel wreck you up too!