(2/2)

Strawberry Milk

 

 

Doyeon had the creepiest smile Sooyoung has ever seen the girl have in their entire friendship “Yah, why are you looking at me like that?” the older furrows her eyebrows, Doyeon has literally been doing it all week.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” is all Doyeon says, grabbing a drink from her refrigerator.

 

Sooyoung leans on her elbows, Doyeon always had a great kitchen island “How am I not supposed to worry about it if everytime we see each other you’re ugly?” she rest her face on her hands.

 

Doyeon starts to rub her face dramatically “Me? Ugly?” a scoff following “Surely you’re blind.”

 

A mumble “No but right now I’m kind of wishing I was deaf.”

 

The younger shakes her head and then her phone vibrates. She goes straight to it and quickly texts back who ever she was talking to. Sooyoung stretches her neck out, curious and Doyeon locks her phone.

 

“Let’s go in the living room and sit down, Jiwoo is on her way.” Doyeon grabs the popcorn she had made earlier and heads to her couch.

 

Sooyoung jumps in surprised, caught off guard “Jiwoo is coming too?” she didn’t know this. Wow she would of at least made herself a little more presentable. Sooyoung was currently wearing Doyeon’s pj’s, hair in a messy bun.

 

“Oh did I forget to mention that earlier? My bad.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the younger’s sarcastic tone. She gets up, sitting on the opposite side of the couch.

 

There’s a knock on the door and Sooyoung looks towards Doyeon who doesn’t even budge “Um... you gonna get that?”

 

Doyeon shakes her head, laying her head on the arm of her couch “I’m too lazy. Be a doll get that for me.”

 

Sooyoung gets up, a sigh leaving and she opens the door. Greeting an already smiling Jiwoo “Hey Sooyoung…” she looks at her outfit “You look really cute.”

 

“No offense Jiwoo but I’m actually really embarrassed because that clown didn’t tell me you were coming and I look like a toad.” Sooyoung hides the behind the door, her face getting a little red.

 

Jiwoo shakes her head “You’re still really cute and if anything I feel overdressed....Doyeon didn’t tell me it was like a sleepover….” the younger looks past her and Sooyoung steps aside letting her come in.

 

“Yeah there’s a lot of things Doyeon forgets to mention.” Sooyoung says loud enough for her to hear and the girl just waves her hand at Jiwoo “Hey Jiwoo!” she pats the spot next to her.

 

“Hey Doyeon!” Jiwoo still greets her excited nonetheless. “What movie are we watching?”

 

Doyeon shrugs and points at the oldest “I don’t know I think Sooyoung should pick.”

 

Sooyoung throws her a look “Seriously Doyeon? God I hate you.”

 

Doyeon gives her a cheeky smile “Love you too.” a kiss was blown her way. Sooyoung swats it away and looks through her phone “I have Halloween downloaded on my phone if you guys want to watch that?”

 

“Wow I love to watch illegally downloaded movies off your phone.”

 

“Shut up Doyeon.”

 

They all sit on one of two of Doyeon’s couches. It would of probably made more sense to make use of both couches but maybe Sooyoung wanted to take a little advantage by sitting next to Jiwoo.

 

The movie starts and Doyeon immediately gets up, saying something about making more popcorn because she ate most of it already.

 

“Sooyoung.” she turns her attention to the small voice next to her. Sooyoung gives a small hum “Umm..are we still...down for saturday?”

 

“What? Did you think I was going to back out on you something?” the older almost wanted to keep teasing Jiwoo because the girl just made it so easy “Of course we’re still down? Why? Were you trying to back out or something?”

 

Jiwoo starts to shake her head “No no no….I was just trying to make sure.”

 

Sooyoung gives the girl a smile and suddenly stands up “I’m going to grab some blankets from Doyeon’s room. I’ll be back.” she then turns back to Jiwoo who looked up to her with big round eyes “And just so you know I am actually excited to hang out with you this weekend.”

 

Jiwoo looks taken aback and Sooyoung goes to Doyeon’s room. She comes back to see Doyeon pointing and laughing at Jiwoo and Sooyoung furrows her eyebrows.

 

“What are you laughing about?” she asks throwing the blanket on the two.

 

Jiwoo looks at Doyeon, panicked and a pleading look on her face. Doyeon just keeps the smile on her face and shakes her head “Jiwoo tried throwing some popcorn up and catch it with but she .”

 

“It’s okay Jiwoo, Doyeon still doesn’t know how blow bubblegum.”




 

----

 

 

“God I just don’t understand….” Doyeon mumbles as she massaged Sooyoung’s calf after a track meet, they were in Sooyoung’s room. “She is definitely a little crazy...or maybe she’s blind.”

 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes “What are you going off over there about?” Doyeon was getting weirder and weirder as the days pass. And the creepy looks didn’t seem to go away.

 

“Sooyoung smile.”

 

She frowns instead and Doyeon continues to mumbles to herself “Why are you being weird?” Sooyoung asks.

 

Doyeon stops moving her hands and then gives a slap to Sooyoung’s legs “Okay I’m going to tell you something but promise not to say anything.”

 

The older throws her another weird look and sits up “Okay….?”

 

“Look Jiwoo….she likes you. Like she like likes you, She has the biggest crush on you and I literally can’t figure out why.”

 

“Wait Jiwoo likes me?” This was news to her. Why would someone as cute as Jiwoo have a crush on someone like her?

 

“Yes you clown. She is the biggest lesbian disaster I’ve ever met and she likes the second biggest disaster. I just can’t believe!” Doyeon laughs at this.

 

“Hey.” Sooyoung puts her hands on her hips “I can be pretty charming.”

 

“Please.” Doyeon waves her off “The last time you dated someone was five years ago and that was because I made you do it.”

 

“Okay but Jiwoo likes me.”

 

“Yeah I still can’t figure out why, like no offense Sooyoung but she’s cute and you’re mean.” Doyeon leans back against the headrest with her arms crossed, a playful smile on her face. “Anyways so do you like Jiwoo too? Because if you don’t you better not be mean to her she might cry.”

 

Sooyoung shakes her head “I would not make her cry, you’re over exaggerating.” and she looks to the side “And Jiwoo is cute.”

 

Doyeon slaps her face with her hand “God I hate the both of you.”

 


 

----


 

Sooyoung feels a little weird about knowing about Jiwoo’s little crush on her and when the older asked if was okay for her to expose Jiwoo like that Doyeon said ‘Jiwoo is only my friend and you’re my bestfriend. I should tell you this stuff.’

 

She tapped on her steering wheel, waiting for Jiwoo to come out from her house. The younger comes out, locking her door and still has that wide smile that never seemed to leave her face.

 

“Hey Sooyoung, thanks for picking me up.” Jiwoo says after sitting next to her and puts on her seatbelt.

 

Sooyoung nods her head “Yeah it’s not a big deal, maybe I can start picking you up more often or something.” she looks at Jiwoo’s reaction, the girl just sat there and Sooyoung could practically see her thinking.

 

“Yeah that would be great, you’re the best Sooyoung.”

 

The older faces her and takes a quick breath “You’re outfit is really cute today and your perfume smells really good too. I really like it.” Sooyoung then starts her car and backs out of her driveway. Jiwoo’s perfume was fruity and that was Sooyoung’s favorite kind of smell.

 

Jiwoo blushes and let’s out a nervous laugh “Thank you!” she squeaks out.

 

“So where are we going?” the two never actually talked about what the plan was.

 

“There’s this arcade that I like to go to, they have bowling and laser tag….” Jiwoo faces her “I mean we can go somewhere else if you’re not into that kind of stuff..”

 

“No that sounds good, we can do that.” that was actually a really good idea. Sooyoung wasn’t actually big on talking and if they were playing games most of the time then that wouldn’t really require them to talk a lot.

 

They reach the place and Jiwoo goes the restroom. Sooyoung sticks her hands in her pockets and walks to the coin machine. She looks back to see Jiwoo was still not coming out yet so the older goes ahead and sticks a twenty and watched as the coins came flying out.

 

Sooyoung guess she didn’t really think this through because her hands aren’t big enough to carry all eighty coins but who cares because she attempts to stick most of it in her pockets.

 

“Umm..Sooyoung..do you need any help?” Jiwoo taps on her shoulder and the older turns around with full pockets and hands full of coins.

 

Sooyoung practically shoves the rest in Jiwoo’s hands “Yeah I ugh got some coins for us.”

 

Jiwoo furrows her eyebrows “I don’t think we’ll need this much and you should have waited for me so I could help pay.”

 

Sooyoung waves her off “Like I would let you pay for anything.” she playfully rolls her eyes. “Now come on we need to spend all of these.”



 

----


 

“So I heard you went on a date with Jiwoo.” Doyeon says on facetime with Sooyoung, they were watching netflix together.

 

“It wasn’t a date. We were just hanging out that’s all.” she says lazy.

 

Doyeon lies her head on her pillow “Yeah but Jiwoo was fake crying to me how she wish it was an actual date. She was basically gushing about how nice you were to her and how you gave her a ride and didn’t let her pay for anything.”

 

“Of course I wasn’t going to let her pay for anything, clown. Jiwoo doesn’t even have a job.” Sooyoung’s eyes don’t leave the movie they were watching.

 

“Pay for me next time.”

 

“No I don’t like you.”

 

“Rude but moving on. I think you need to stop being so nice to her if you’re not going to take her seriously. Jiwoo is too sensitive of a person for you to be leading her on.” Doyeon’s eyes start to flutter from being sleepy.

 


 

----


 

Sooyoung waves at Jiwoo from across the field and the younger waves back “I didn’t know you were friends with Kim Jiwoo.” one of her teammates, Hyunjin says stretching next to her.

 

“Yeah I guess….she’s really good friends with Doyeon so that’s how we met.” well kind of. If you don’t count their first actual engagement.

 

“Can you pop my back? God stupid Heejin.” Sooyoung doesn’t even ask why her back hurts because frankly she doesn’t care “Yeah just lie on your stomach.”

 

“Alright girls let’s get started!” their coach says with a couple of claps.

 

Hyunjin let’s out an over exaggerated huff but gets up anyway “Thanks anyway Sooyoung.”

 

By the end of the practice Sooyoung is sweating up a storm and is ready to pass out but how uncool would she look if she actually showed it? Sooyoung ties up her hair and heads out her locker room.

 

She’s sees Jiwoo walking out the doors “Kim Jiwoo.” the older says loud enough for her to turn around. Jiwoo jumps in surprise once they meet eyes and Sooyoung catches up with her “What are you doing here so late? Pretty sure your practice ended like thirty minutes ago.”

 

Jiwoo points to her wet hair “I like to take showers here after practice. I don’t really like to be sweaty and nobody is ever here so….”

 

Sooyoung opens the door and waits for Jiwoo to follow “Oh well I can take you home if you don’t already have a ride.”

 

The younger looks at her phone “Well I’m pretty sure my mom is just leaving.” Jiwoo laughs “Let me call her real quick to tell her I found a ride.”

 

They walk to her car and Sooyoung opens the door for her “Hey so I was thinking.” she shuts the door “I had a lot of fun with you last time, we should get together again.” Sooyoung says once she’s in her car “No Doyeon.”

 

Jiwoo’s eyes widen and she has a stupidly cute smile on her face “I had a lot fun too. I didn’t want to ask if you wanted to hang out because I didn’t know if you thought I was annoying last time or maybe you just said yes because I was Doyeon’s friend-”

 

“You’re not annoying Jiwoo. I don’t know why you think that I think that lowly of you. If I’m going to be honest with you I actually think very highly of you.”



 

----


 

 

Sooyoung is bored out of her mind because Doyeon is out of town visiting family and it’s her one day off from work this week. Wow she never realised just how much she depended on her best friend for entertainment. Maybe Sooyoung does need to make more friends.

 

The older rolls across her bed to her phone that was on her nightstand, she ends up calling Jiwoo. Saying something of the lines like ‘I know it’s late but I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out.’

 

The girl immediately says yes and says she’ll be ready in fifteen, that’s how long it takes for her to drive to Jiwoo’s house anyway.

 

She texts the girl saying that she’s outside whenever she’s ready. Jiwoo comes out a little later, wearing shorts and a hoodie that made Sooyoung want to cry because Kim Jiwoo was so cute.

 

“Sorry I would have dressed better if I had a little more time.” Jiwoo says as she opened her car door.

 

“You’re still cute so don’t worry about it. I haven’t eaten anything so we’re going to closest 7-eleven nearby. I hope you don’t mind and I’m not really planning on going anywhere else after…” okay maybe this wasn’t such a bright idea.

 

But this doesn’t seem to phase the younger at all “No that’s fine! I’m just happy that we’re hanging out.”

 

Sooyoung drives and she almost forgot to mention “Hey you’re wearing that perfume again.”

 

Jiwoo gives a small smile “Yeah it’s my favorite.”

 

The older gives a nod “I think that’s my favorite one too. You should wear it more often, I think it suits you the best.”

 

They reach the store and Sooyoung holds open the door again. They walk around the store picking out their own flavor ramen, some drinks and a couple of snacks. Sooyoung ends up putting her stuff with Jiwoo and pays for the both of them.

 

Jiwoo gives her a pout and crosses her arms “You don’t need to pay for me! I can pay!” Sooyoung gives a shrug, bag in hand and the other takes a hold of Jiwoo’s hand. Dragging them to the nearest bench to put their food at “Yeah and I’m not going to let you pay for anything if you’re with me.”

 

They find some seats near the window “Now save our seats while I go make these okay?”

 

Jiwoo nods and makes a thumbs up “I’ll save these spots with my life.”

 

“Woah there warrior.” Sooyoung laughs “No need to go that far. I’ll just be over there, call me if you need anything.”

 

It take five minutes for Sooyoung to come back and she places the ramen in front of Jiwoo “Thank you.”

 

They were eating and the older suddenly has a thought that passes through her head “Jiwoo….” the girl looks up with a mouth full of ramen, a hum leaving her lips.

 

“This is a date, right? Like a date date.” she watched as Jiwoo’s eyes go wide and is speechless so the older continues to talk “Because if I’m going to be frank with you Jiwoo. I think you’re really cute and I’d like it if this was a date.”

 

Jiwoo quickly chews and swallows “Umm..Sooyoung I don’t know if Doyeon told you anything but I actually really like you. Like I have such a big stupid crush on you and I didn’t think you would ever like me back.”

 

“Oh so this isn’t a date?”

 

“No wait this is a date. Oh God please let this be a date.”



 

----


 

Doyeon ends up messaging her during her break that she broke Jiwoo after that night because the girl called her and Doyeon ended up not understanding a single thing that came out of .

 

Sooyoung just waves her off because it was none of her business but that didn’t stop the girl from yelling in her face saying how she told her so.

 

Her shift ended and the older is feeling exhausted and tired as she changed out of her ugly maid outfit. It’s late but that doesn’t stop her from texting Jiwoo ‘I want to see you.’

 

She leaves out of her work place and gets a message back from Jiwoo saying that she wanted to see her too.

 

Okay now Sooyoung has to see the cute girl ‘omw’

 

It was probably eleven at night by the time she reached Jiwoo’s house and Sooyoung texted her that she was outside. Jiwoo slowly opens the front door, hoping she wouldn’t wake up her parents.

 

Sooyoung keeps her car on and puts her car on park. She wasn’t actually planning on taking them anywhere, she just really wanted to see Jiwoo even if it was for a couple of minutes.

 

“Hey Sooyoung.” Jiwoo says as she sat down.

 

Sooyoung leans on her side to get a better look of the girl. She let’s Jiwoo talk about her day and the girl could go on and on.

 

“Sorry if i’m talking too much, my friends say sometimes I get a little carried away once I get excited.” Jiwoo covers her face embarrassed and Sooyoung pulls her hands down.

 

“Jiwoo.” she leans closer to her “Would it be okay if I kissed you?”

 

It looked like Sooyoung’s request made her catch something in “Because you’re wearing that perfume that I like and I don’t know if I can hold myself back this time.” she keeps the hold on her wrist.

 

“I wear it because I know you like it.” Jiwoo says really fast, her face quickly turning red.

 

Sooyoung leans in and takes Jiwoo’s lips, they close their eyes and Jiwoo practically melts into the kiss.

 

After a couple of more seconds Jiwoo slowly pulls away from the kiss and looks down, embarrassed once more “Sooyoung...are we dating...like exclusive only to each other?”

 

Sooyoung furrows her eyebrows “Yeah at least I thought so? We’re official are we not?” she was confused?

 

Jiwoo has a smile on her face “Oh okay I was just trying to make sure because I didn’t want to seem dumb because I really really like you. I didn’t know if you were just doing it because you were bored of something.”

 

“Huh? Why would you think that?”

 

Jiwoo looks down again “Maybe because I think you’re super pretty and cool and could have anyone you want?”

 

Sooyoung almost wants to laugh but decides not to because the younger actually seemed serious “Jiwoo, I’m not any of those. If anything you’re too good for me.” Sooyoung leans closer “So be quiet and be my girlfriend or I might really die alone.” she grabs her chin to kiss her again.



 

----


 

Doyeon fixes her maid outfit, makes a peace sign and takes a couple of selcas. Sooyoung rolls her eyes “If I would've known that you actually fantasize about wearing a maid outfit I wouldn’t have chosen this job in the first place.”

 

“Your fault. Should have known, wow I can’t wait to call cute girls master.” Doyeon puts away her phone.

 

“You’re such a freak and an idiot. I hope you know that.”

 

“Oh yeah? Because I’m pretty sure Jiwoo absolutely loved it when you called her master when we came that one time. So if I’m a freak, she’s a freak.” Doyeon flips her hair as she walked out to start her shift.



 

-----


 

 

Sooyoung has her gold medal in her hand, ready to give it to her girlfriend. She sees her talking to Heejin, her back turned away from her.

 

She quietly sneaks up behind her, her finger resting on her lips basically telling Heejin to shut up. The older places the medal around Jiwoo’s neck and the girl quickly turns around in surprise.

 

Oh.

 

Sooyoung felt like this feeling was familiar. Oh yeah now she remember “Oh my god I’m so sorry I didn’t know you were behind me.” her girlfriend tries to pat her dry, her strawberry milk spilling all over the older.

 



 



 

Hi I finally finished! Sorry for taking so long and I hope it wasn’t disappointing

Please let me know what you think!

Also I think I’m going to take request on some one shots on twitter so if you want to make a request I’ll try to get to it!

Don’t forget to @ me @hye_hihigh