On the side line.

Wait a little longer...
“Hey baby” JooHyuk came from behind and placed a soft peck on her cheeks. “Don’t do that outside!” SungKyung blushed as she looked around ensuring no one saw that. He beamed seeing her pink on the cheeks. 5 years on, she’s still so adorable. “What are you gonna do?” JooHyuk became a woodpecker, attacking her face. She giggled non stop. She’s his happy pill, his stress reliever. SungKyung pouted at him as he ruffled her hair. “You’re irritating!” She took her revenge. “Hey anywhere but the hair!” JooHyuk played along. They’re having a date, it’s no difference from other couples. But because they are sort of well known, they date in discreet. Both had mask that covered half their face. Yet, their tall height stood out. They were caught right on their first date. Still, they avoid attention on them til now. Keeping their love between them only. He turns into a childish chap when she’s around. “Grandma! We’re here!!!”
 
----------
 
“I want to become a model because of Lee SooHyuk. He’s my motivation.” SungKyung blurted out on her first walkway competition. Back then, at 15 she’s already standing at 175cm. Her curious eyes stared into each judges'. Although she went home empty handed, she made an impression. She was offered adhoc photoshoots. Many knows about her admiration towards the hunk of the modeling world. She regretted that bold move and hope they never meet.
 
“You heard? Even high school kids are stalking you!” YongKwang nudged SooHyuk. The guys met at a club since it’s ladies night. Hot blooded them fooled around casually, not getting into any serious relationship. “Not interested... they are babies.” SooHyuk shook his head disapprovingly. His arms wrapped loosely around his lanky model-actress girlfriend, Kim MinHee. He’s in a relationship with a older woman. It’s been 3years but he’s still in the honeymoon period. He loves her madly. He has no time for others.
 
----------
 
“He’s single now. Rumors have it that she dumped him. He’s still a boy after all. Can’t please a woman....” Whisperings caught by her sharp ears. SungKyung rolled her eyes behind their backs. ‘They should mind their own business...’ A failed relationship should not be taken out of context. Not knowing what’d happened, anything that swirls around words harms the involved parties. “He’s here! Shh!” SungKyung looked around. He’s indeed here, seems to be looking for something, someone. SungKyung reluctantly turned her head away. ‘Lee SungKyung! You're no longer a fan girl!’
 
MinHee cheated on him with a man old enough to be her grandfather. He can’t believe his love for her lose out to a aging d*ick. So much for the p*leasured screams when they made love. Correction, when they f*uck. “You’re clingy. There’s nothing I like about us except your pretty boy down south.” There was no sadness when he heard those words. He’s been played. All he had was anger. Never would he wanna cross path with her again. Reaching the scheduled set earlier than planned, he went to the common rest room. His name was heard. He knows what they’re b*itching about. He cared less.
 
“Alone?” SungKyung surprised wondering who initiated a talk to her, a newbie who usually being treated as a outcast. Her eyes widened when it was Lee SooHyuk. “Erm, yea.” Her heart trying to keep the loud pounding within her rib cage. Her ears heated. “Can I join?” Repeated ‘oh my god’ chanted in her mind. Her voice trying to get something out. “Go ahead..” SooHyuk took his seat oppoosite her. Silence.
 
“The sun will rise again tomorrow. Cheer up sunbae-nim. I’ll make a move first.” SungKyung hope her words get to him. He’d been sighing while she’s there. The whole sadness on his shoulder doesn’t fit well with him. SooHyuk met her eyes. ‘Are those real? They’re so brown...’ Her words consoling him. Telling him to be strong. He smiled,”Thanks. See you around.” It was then he was told the girl was that young student who admired him. “Doesn’t seem so.” He questioned the facts about it. “Maybe it’s not you anymore.” The staffs on the set joked. Out of curiosity, he searched on her on naver. She’s pretty since then, he looked at her pictures closely.
 
----------
 
“She’s only 2 years younger than us, you guys exaggerated...” SooHyuk casually said to the guys who eyed him a puzzled look. “The high schooler back then.” They sniggered. “What’s this what's this.. our famous Lee SooHyuk searched on the little chick?” They were shocked when he told them,”We’re dating.” The looks on their face, priceless. He himself thought so too. They moved fast.
 
[Flash back]
“Do you wanna try dating me? I won’t demand anything! Just.. maybe... perhaps... you need someone during this period.. I know. I’m a rebound. I’m willing.” SungKyung mustered her courage. Her guts kept telling her to make the first move even though it’s silly and bound to be rejected. She left her seat but went back again. Her voice lowered so much he’s trying to figure what she’s saying. SooHyuk's cold eyes shifted to hers emotionlessly. His words flowed out faster than his mind can think. “Ok. But don’t forget your words... don’t back down...” She felt she’s signed a contract with a demon, selling her soul to him. Her cheeks tinted as they exchanged numbers. She cant belive it. Her boyfriend is the man she admired til this day. She pinched herslf.
[End of flash back]
 
“Why did you agree to that? Poor girl... she doesn't know she’s gonna be eaten up by a lion...” JongHyun joked. “Willing party.” SooHyuk assured as he rolled his eyes. “So many threw themselves at you! Didn’t see you taking them in!” Woobin added. “I’m not a orphanage charity organisation.” SooHyuk irritated by their bombards. “That’s because you love one at a time , love fool!” The guys said in unison and laughed. They know their friend well. But for this relationship, they worry. Did he did it out for revenge on MinHee or is he using SungKyung to get over MinHee.
 
----------
 
There was no text, no calls from her so-called boyfriend. Then again, she practically begged him to be her boyfriend. He must have been unwilling. SungKyung made her move after days not receiving his news. SooHyuk almost forgotten he has a girlfriend until her name popped out on his phone. She's sent him a message. [Hey... wanna grab lunch/dinner later? If you have no plans..] There was no heart emoticons, no cheesy callings. He felt less burdened.
 
SungKyung tapped her fingers nervously on the table, waiting for his reply. Her phone beeped. His name appeared. Hesitant finger pressed on the screen. Taking a deep breath, she read the message. [I'm sorry. I’ve been busy. Let’s have dinner tonight. Which cuisine do you prefer?] SungKyung let out a relieved sigh. He did not reject her. He even explained his days of missing in action.
 
[Shall we go to this stall at Hongdae? It’s a small place away from the crowded street. The granny there makes delicious traditional food! 7pm?] SungKyung pin-drop the location to him. SooHyuk was glad she isn’t one indecisive woman. He hates it when girls wants something but doesn’t say it straight. The edge of his lips tilted upwards slightly. Although he lied about being busy. He’s been clubbing the past few nights, still trying to get over MinHee. After the anger, his misses for her came back.
 
----------
 
“Here. Drink this hangover soup. Boy you look bad...” The granny gave him a bowl of ginger soup. “Have you been drinking?” SungKyung asked. “Sorry. You don’t have to tell me.” She realised her stand. SooHyuk looked at her. “Yea. I’m busy drinking, clubbing..” He was so honest, she don’t know what to reply but nodded her head knowingly. “Darling.. you have good sight. You two look good together. Trust granny when i said so. Boy, cherish her. She’s a jem. Alright, the usual but this time finally serving for 2? JooHyuk gonna have his heart broken now...” The granny t*eased SungKyung. This lanky girl has been her regular customer from few years back. So pretty, so polite but always alone. They bonded over her love for her food. She even helped her out on the serving floor and kitchen when the shops got too overcrowded. She’s like the granddaughter she never had.
 
Her grandson has a huge crush on her. 4yrs younger than SungKyung but taller by a head plus. He joined the modeling business for her, wanting to be in sync. Her boy Nam JooHyuk has many girls falling for him. Yet his charms didn’t worked on SungKyung. She see him as a younger brother. Still, that doesnt stops him from habouring a deep affection on her. Whenever SungKyung calls, he speeds to her. If only she can see his sincere heart.
 
SooHyuk eyebrow raised when he heard a man’s name. The name rings a bell. The dinner was pleasant. SungKyung did not pounce on him. Her shyness slided off when she got more comfortable under his glaze. Simple chats. She continued surprising him with her wide knowledge. From current news to interesting tricks. “Sorry. Give me a moment.” She left her seat and helped out, from kitchen to server to cashier. SooHyuk who had finished his meal helped too. He never meddled with peoples affairs but he did this round. He’s amazed by himself.
 
“Thanks for the dinner. Drive safe.” SungKyung said when he paid for their meal. “I’ll send you home. It’s late.” SooHyuk offered. “I drove here. Thanks. And granny’s grandson is coming to pick her. I’ll accompany her til then.” She waved and headed back to the kitchen to help out. She did not turn back to see him like a girl in love would. ‘Grandson...’ SooHyuk felt uneasy for a second but didn’t probe further and left. [Text me when you're home safe.. see you soon.] He sent this text and drove off.
 
“I’m only a ..... friend. That’s enough.” SungKyung shared as granny asked about their relationship. She can’t say she’s the girlfriend. Their unconventional status won’t work well with granny. Anytime he might dump her. “Silly girl.” Granny rubbed her cheeks affectionately. “Halmoniiiiiiiiiiiiii.... Your handsome grandson is here!!!!” JooHyuk pushed the door open and made himself known. As long time allows, he will come by to his favourite woman home. Many times the family talked about the old lady's retirement but his granny insisted to continue til her last breath. Nothing they can do to the stubborn old one.
 
“In hereeeeeeeee my sweet little oh so very charming grandson!!!!!” SungKyung answered on behalf. The younger one giggled while the older one hid a smile at her playful act. JooHyuk’s heart skipped a beat, recognising the owner of that voice. The other reason why he’s more than willing to pick his grandma was because he gets to see SungKyung on lucky days. His one sided love to her gets deeper over the years. It was her genuine self that attracted him. She's pretty, she's kind and she likes to bully him. He became a model to be on par with her. And coincidentally, they have collaborated a few times already. He likes it when people commented they look compatible. Tall and lean. Yet he’d no guts to confess. Becasue he knows she likes another.
 
“Hey I’m not little! Who's the taller one? Who's the stronger one now!” JooHyuk defended. “Mmmm... is kiddy better?” SungKyung t*eased. The boy fumed and messed her hair. “Take this! Grandma, she bullied me first!” The boy who she has seen him mature over the years is a nice chap. His silent support and encouragement makes her frown to smile. He has that effect on her. Sometimes her heart beat faster when he’s near, sometimes he makes her blush. He’s so young, she shouldn’t think so much. She didn’t know he wants her to see him as a man, not as a brother.
 
----------
 
SooHyuk met up with SungKyung more after that first encounter. He finally know why the name Nam JooHyuk sounds familiar. He’s the current highly sought after model. Many said he’s his successor. He didn’t like it. He irritates him more knowing he’s so close to his girlfriend. Yes, SooJyuk has finally acknowledge her status. He likes being around her. She puts a smile to his face, taking away his sadness whenever they meet. She’s his magician. But what he regrets most, was the incident he did when he got jealous on that boy JooHyuk. It’s always him. He felt he’s beneath JooHyuk in SungKyung's heart.
 
[Flashback]
“You’re my girlfriend right?” He cornered SungKyung. SooHyuk invited her to his place. He made her stay over. She became his physically as well. That night, he was brim with guilt, p*leasure and possessiveness. He memorized all her sensitive areas, her m*oans, her struggles under his skin. She had to take the morning pill. SooHyuk flooded her canal numerous times even when she said it’s not a safe week. It felt too good. He couldn’t stop himself.
[End of flashback]
 
The first year he was getting to know her. The awkwardness, the embarrassment, the miscommunication. He felt so tired from it. He wanted to end things between them but each time he could not bare. She satisfy his s*exual appetite. He craves for her. In his mind, she like his f*uck buddy. They managed to overcome the differences. She held on him, never letting him off. The 2nd year he fell for her, hard. He saw her good, her gracious, her beauty. “SungKyung! Let’s go to the dance floor. SooHyuk, can u please release her?” He has her on his lap, arms around her waist. “You know... clingy gets you no where.” SooHyuk woke up his idea. He remembered his last relationship. Someone told him that. “Go have fun babe..” He rleased his prison grip from her. “That’s not so bad, isn’t it?” YongKwang nudged SooHyuk. “What?” “Learning to give her personal space while together... Just chill. All of us can see she’s madly in love with you buddy.” YongKwang explained.
 
They weren’t surprised when SooHyuk told them he’s bringing her along for their meet up. A year passed and he’s still hanging with the girl. That clearly meant something. His d*ick love her p*ussy, he’s emotionally attached or both. “P*ussy” was what he told them from the start. Now it’s “both.” He is obviously smacked with love. They liked SungKyung instantly when they met. She’s a frank person. She says what’s on her mind, even if it hurts. But it’s the truth, they cant fault her. She has managed to wrap SooHyuk around her fingers. Or so they thought.
 
----------
 
[Hey.. wanna have tea? It’s been so long...] SooHyuk received MinHee's text. He was reluctant but went along. Old feelings poured back. How can a woman attracts him this much, he don’t understand. Her laughter, her eyes, her body language. He was once again mesmerised. One leads to another. SooHyuk found himself kissing her from the entrance to her bedroom. Her hands desperately removing his shirt. Clad in b*ra, his jeans un*buckled. SooHyuk hovered above her on the bed. “Love me again.. I miss you.” That moment, SungKyung's face flashed pass his eyes. SooHyuk jerked away from MinHee, cursing at himself. But MinHee pulled him down and captured his lips. The rest, needless to say. “Sorry. This shouldnt be like this. I gotta go.” He left immediately after their r*endezvous.
 
“What’s wrong? You look like mess. Did something happened?” SungKyung was concerned when SooHyuk appeared at her door step. He told her his incident with MinHee. Her silence was killing him. ‘She loves me, she’ll forgive me... right?’ SungKyung paused. She’s thinking. After so long, she still could not replace his broken heart. Now that the one who can repair appeared wanting him back, maybe it’s time she should face the truth. She’s heartbroken but there's nothing more she can do. “It’s okay. As long your heart doesn’t pain. Go ahead. I’ll be fine. This was our agreement back then. Today the deal expires.” SooHyuk was indirectly asked to leave. SungKyung heard no more from him. They broke up. His idiot mistake to meet MinHee and telling SungKyung everything. His pride stops him from asking her back.