I’m the Hyung Here

I’m The Hyung Here!!

Hoshi felt the pounding headache from the second he got up. The slightly blurry visions and the obnoxiously painful headache make themselves more noticeable by the second. Possibly the only thing worse was the stabbing pain in his stomach. 

 

The once dull ache last night had gradually becoming worse when he woke up. He whimper as he rolled over to face his sleeping boyfriend, the motion heightened the pain in his stomach, he grasped the pained area and muttered in pain. 

 

“Ahh,” he said as the flash of pain shot through him. Jihoon slowly stirred at the noise, squeezing his eyes to maintain sleep. Hoshi cursed himself for being so selfish and almost waking up his boyfriend, who was sleeping soundly. He bit down on his lip, tasting the familiar metallic taste in his mouth. 

 

Hoshi let out a low, painful moan, as rolling over hurt him so much more than he thought it would. ‘Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. You even woke up your boyfriend. It’s not about you, he was sick just last week, he could still be sick and your trying to make it all about yourself?!’ Soonyoung mental scold himself.

 

“Young-ah?,” Jihoon’s voice was raspy with sleep, “You okay?” He glanced at his hyung. He could see Soonyoung gripping his stomach under the blankets. 

 

“A-ahh, yeah. M’fine,” he said. Hoshi bit down on the inside of his cheek, then slowly tracing his tongue over the blood on his lip. He glanced over at his boyfriend, slowly unclench his hand from the source of the pain. 

 

Jihoon didn’t believe it. He gave his boyfriend a sideways glance and looked him up and down. “Yeah, I’m sure. You gripping your stomach in pain definitely goes with your claim,” he said with a mock grin. 

 

“I’m fine, just haven’t eaten at all since lunch time yesterday. Was wait for you,” Soonyoung said. He smiled, eating actually might help he thought, he wasn’t lying about not eating since lunch, so maybe he would lessen the pain at least at a little. Hoshi grab his smaller boyfriends hand and dragged him to the kitchen. 

 

It turns out he was wrong. The smell of the rice pudding made him want to throw up on the spot, and made his head spin dizzily. He settled for a cup of coffee and sat down best to his boyfriend. 

 

“You know you actually have to eat right?” Jihoon said sarcasm evident in his voice. He smirk at the skinny boy who was picking at his food. Hoshi gulped at the amount on his plate, of course Jihoon had made him a plate. “Your too skinny not to eat Hoshi,” he said. 

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m the hyung here,”Hoshi retorted. 

 

“Oh my god Hoshi-“ Jihoon said, he all of the sudden started shoveling food into his mouth and gulping the milk down. “We have recording today,” he said, eyes wide as saucers. Hoshi mimic the expression. Both of them run up the stairs and get dressed.

 

Hoshi sigh. The pain in his stomach was still making itself evident. The running up the stairs was not at all gentle on his stomach and made the pain worse. So did eating. He held onto his stomach with a death grip. And recording? How is he gonna be able to do that. He gulped as he walked to the car where his boyfriend was waiting in the driver seat. 

 

“Hoshi look, if you don’t feel well you need to tell me. You know the managers will be much harder on you than I will if you mess up the choreography. So please. Tell me if something is wrong,” Jihoon’s grip on the wheel tighten like the pain in his stomach. 

 

“N-no. I’m fine. Besides if we do this right then it will only be a few hours” Hoshi smile at his boyfriend. Hours. No minutes. Hours. He felt disgusted by the thought, he was already fever hot and he was just secretly hope that the make-up noona will be able to help with the layer of sweat. 

 

————

 

“Yah Hoshi, you have a fever?” The stylist flinch in alarm, quickly pulling her hand back and stare at him wide eyed. “How am I supposed to do your makeup?” He assume that the stylist figured out that she could use the waterproof makeup. 

 

Hoshi ran to the bathroom as soon as the makeup was done, sweat drops slowly making their way down his neck. He press his head against the cool surface of the wall in the bathroom. He his stomach clench, saliva rushing to his mouth and the pain heightened again. He retched loudly in to the basin of the toilet. He wipe the bile of of his chin and dab the sweat of his face. 

 

Hoshi stood up and look in the mirror to make sure his makeup was still there. It was. He walk slowly out of the bathroom and into the studio. He put on the clothes he that was set out. 

 

As soon as the recording for the music video start he could feel his legs turn to jello. His movements slow, and head spinning. The room was getting darker as he kept on dancing. He felt the rush of saliva again to his mouth. He bit down the taste of bile in the back of his throat. 

 

“Cut...that’s it good job guys,” the manager said. And Hoshi bolted. 

 

He basically collapsed in front of the toilet. He closed his eyes as the pain in his stomach was nothing he had felt before. It hurt so bad. He closed his eyes in pain and whimper through the painful retching. He felt a hand graze up and down his back and card it’s way through his hair. 

 

Jihoon. 

 

He immediately stopped himself from heaving into the toilet he let out a low moan against the pain. The feeling of not expelling the waste in his stomach sent shots of pain through his stomach so bad that it watered his eyes. “It’s okay baby. Let it out baby,” Jihoon comfort his boyfriend. 

 

“I-I can’t. It hurts — ahhhh — so bad. It hurts,” Hoshi utter out. 

 

Jihoon raise his eyebrows and looks his boyfriend up and down. “Where baby? Where hurts?” Hoshi couldn’t utter anymore word so he pointed to his stomach instead. He squeeze his eyes close again. Hoshi lean over the toilet and let out the most painful sounding retch that Jihoon has ever heard. Hoshi vision went black. 

 

Jihoon shook the limp body in his arms. “Hoshi? Hoshi? Oh god,” he said. He quickly slid his hand over his hyungs body to check for what he thought was already prominent. Fever. He wince as the heat radiating from he boy was warmer than he had expected. He slowly the jacket that Hoshi was still wearing. 

 

The dancer stir in his arms and slowly open his eyes. Jihoon sigh as he look at the flushed face of his hyung. “I’m sorry, hyung but I have to do this to make sure of something, I’m sorry,” Jihoon ramble. 

 

Without a warning Jihoon press his cold fingertips on the the fever warm skin of his boyfriend. Gentle at first and the the pressure increase and Hoshi cries out. “S-stop. That’s hurts...d-don’t hurts me....I thought you love me..” he whimper out. 

 

Tears sting both Hoshi and Jihoon’s eyes. And like before Hoshi pass out. Jihoon whip out his phone to call the hospital. He figure that the ambulance could never come so slowly. 

 

They loaded up the limp boy in the van and Jihoon stood beside the sleeping body of Soonyoung as he wait for them to arrive at the hospital. 

 

———

 

“Your here for Kwon Soonyoung?” The nurse asked a couple of hours later. 

 

Jihoon rub his eyes, staying in the hospital was certainly tiring. He nod at the nurse. “Yah, could you tell me what is wrong with him?” The nurse fiddle with the end of her hair. 

 

“He fainted due to exhaustion, he had quite a high fever, 103.4 (39.6 Celsius), and he just undergo an appendectomy surgery and his is sleeping now,” she said with a soft smile. “He also has a pretty bad migraines so we gave him something for that. You guys must be close so I’m going to lead you to his room,” 

 

His boyfriend looked so skinny with the pale blankets and scheme of the room making him look even whiter, even without his makeup. Jihoon sigh. Yeah he should have picked up the signs. He was sweating badly, more than usual at the beginning of he recording. 

 

And in the morning he was clutch his stomach. He should have pieced it together sooner. He push open the door slowly and sat down next to the sleeping body of his boyfriend. 

 

“Hi,” Soonyoung tried his voice rough from sleep. 

 

“You idiot, why didn’t you tell me you were sick? I even asked you. And you said you were fine. Why do you lie to me? Do you like seeing me so stressed out? And....why are you smiling? This isn’t funny. That’s beside the point. Why didn’t  you tell me” 

 

“Because I’m hyung. I should be take care of you. You are younger. I’m supposed to be the one looking after to. Not the other way around. Plus...this is kinda your fault. You were sick last week...you got me sick.” 

 

“No, I had a cold you have appendicitis,” he countered. “Anyway, just because I am younger than you doesn’t mean that you have to be kamikaze on me. You need help sometimes too. But for now. Just sleep ok?”