Bestfriend

Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Chanwoo let out a sigh of relief as his body hit the soft mattress. It was past midnight already but they just finished practicing for the next leg of their world tour. It didn’t help that they’re about to release a new album in 2 weeks and new songs meant additional choreographies that needed to be perfected. His whole body screamed in pain and for a moment, he imagined the life he could have had if only he didn’t became an idol and continued being an actor. He shook those thoughts away as soon as he remembered his brothers who helped him become the better version of himself. He was meant to be a part of iKON and no amount of hardship should let him doubt his destiny. 

 

Still, he was so tired. He practically dragged himself into his hotel room as soon as the Kim Hanbin called it a night. Chanwoo knew that Hanbin wasn’t too satisfied with the practice but considering that they were in South America (Brazil, to be exact), the leader had been forgiving. The concert was supposed to start at 6pm anyway. That gave them enough time tomorrow to polish the imperfections.

 

Chanwoo felt sticky from sweat but he was too tired and lazy to get up to take a bath. He could just rest and wake up early to wash up. He was about to close his eyes when he heard his phone ring. 

 

He stared at the screen and her name appeared. He answered the call immediately and a part of him knew that he should have waited for a few more seconds as to not seem too eager to talk to her. But then, she had always been his weakness.

 

“Hey Lis!” He said, his pitch slightly higher than usual. He mentally slapped himself as his voice betrayed him. He covered the microphone of his phone as he cleared his throat, hoping that it would return his voice to its normal state.

 

He felt embarrassed because of how easily he could mess up because of her. He remembered the first time he signed with YG where he was literally the “new kid” that knew no one. Everyone had cliques and he felt like an outcast. But she approached him without hesitation and told him that they should be friends. She even refused to be called noona even if she’s older than him. He felt flustered to have such a beautiful girl befriend him. When she explained that she knew what he felt considering that she had been through the same thing when she first came to YG, he could have sworn he fell for her right there and then.

 

“Chanwoo-yah!? I miss you!!!!!” Chanwoo heard the girl on the other line said. His heart fluttered upon hearing her speak those words. But there was something different from her voice. Even if she wasn’t a native Korean speaker, she never really had an accent but considering that she had it now meant one thing. Lalisa Manoban was drunk.

 

Late night, your voice is drunk

Maybe you had a sad thing happen to you

 

“Yah! Are you drunk?” He asked. He wanted to ask it in a concerned way but it came out like he was scolding her.

 

“No, I’m not,” she replied defensively. “I only had 2 glasses of wine.” He would have taken her seriously if she didn’t giggle after it. Lisa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter