Bed

Bed

"They're going to recognize us, d'you know?". She doesn't even look at him and keeps on searching. He puts his hands on his pockets and sighs.

"Can you stop being annoying?" she says looking straight in his eyes. And he smiles, after all, he was trying to annoy her, and it worked. As always. "You promised you'd help me find one but you only came to bother me...".

"Ah, don't be silly" he says and kiss her head.

"Should we ask one of the employees?". 

He sighs again and starts walking trough the aisles.

"There's really no science behind this, Sooyoung, just pick the most expensive. That's probably the best one."

"Not always" she says frowning. "And I don't want to spend a lot of money on this..."

"Ok, I'll pay, don't worry".

"You are really annoying, I can't believe this. Really, I can't believe I thought you would be helpful."

"You can't take jokes. You're getting old. Now i'm convinced you really need the most expensive bed, grandma" he says hugging her, and she laughs. "I like this one".

"You're just saying that so we can leave" she says sitting on the bed. Actually it's not a bad one, she thinks. But it could be that, given her tiredness, any bed will do it for her right now.

"What about that one, then?"

"It doesn't work like that!" she punchs him lightly on his chest while laughing. "I'm not feeling these beds... is that weird?".

"Yes" he says honestly. He really meant it when he said the she should pick the mos expensive one.

"We should continue with the rest of the list and came back later for the bed. What do you think?" She can't believe this is stressing her this much.

"Is there a list?" he says raising his eyebrows in surprise. And she laughs at his expression.

"Just a few things, don't worry Sehun".

 

He has no idea where he is and can't be sure she knows either. But she is inmersed on her own actions, while he walks triying to understand what is this place. He finds unbelievable how this activity makes her so happy. He holds the little chair in his hand and give it a look. "Look, this is why people say you shouldn't buy on the internet". She doesn't hear him, or pretend not to and keep rumaging through the boxes that contains... well, pretty much everything. Useless, Sehun thinks.

"I though we came to buy a bed"

"Look at all this Sehun, I want to buy everything!" Sooyoung says, with a big smile looking at him.  

Please no, he thinks, but smiles.

They stay on that room full of boxes another 20 minutes and Sehun starts regretting his insistence on helping her finding a bed for the new dorm.

"Look Sooyoung" he calls her with a mannequin leg on his hand "have you seen this?"

"Yes. It's a leg"

"Good stuff isn't it?... And look at this, Sooyoung, haven't you thought on buying this?"

"It's a puzzle box... and it's broken Sehun"

"But it could be useful-"

"Listen, I didn't ask you to come with me. I could've ask anyone, but you insisted" Sooyoung says, not wanting to put up with any of his anymore. Sehun awkwardly smiles, his brain finally noticing she's had enough of his sarcasm. And he regrets it, but at this point his pride won't let him express it. 

"It was just a joke Sooyoung".

"I told you before I was not having it. I'm stressed and I thought this outing would help me but you are doing it worse. And don't say anything, please. We are leaving" she says a bit agitated, and already walking towards the door.

"Let's go buy the bed at least"

"Shut up! Please!" she says raising her voice. Luckily for them no one was there to see them fight.

He sighs and starts walking with a lowered head. 

 

They don't talk on the car. Instead, Sehun has this knot on his throat. And Sooyoung is looking through the window while biting her lower lip. A tear rolls down her cheek and Sehun heart's breaks. She only wanted to go spend some time with him to forget about her stressful life for a moment and all he did was make her cry.

"Let's go eat something Sooyoung. An ice cream?" he says with a soft voice.

"Please leave me at the dorm" she doesn't even look at him.

 

When they reach the building, Sehun has problems parking, as always. But keeps to himself his desire to curse at other cars to not bother Sooyoung any more.

Once he finally parks, Sooyoung doesn't even gave him time to say something. She takes her bag and opens the door. 

Sehun throws his head back, hitting the seat. He can't believe how stupid he is.