-fin-

underneath the weeping willow tree

quick a/n: this will be in youngjae's pov :-)


Do you remember the days we spent together before we finally confessed to each other under this tree? All the happy memories and sad memories always flood into my brain whenever we come here.

Do you remember the day we first came here together? I was the one who found this tree and I'd always stay at this very spot to wait for you when school ended. You're older than me, remember? So we couldn't have recess together or get dismissed at the same time. It'd be weird if I waited for you at the school gate, so I'd just wait for you here, I figured.

Do you remember the day we finally went out, calling it a bro's night out? We went to the movies and arcade, then we bought snacks and came here to devour everything. We sat under this tree branch and looked at the night sky illuminated by the full moon, talking about trivial matters and throwing chips into our open mouths. Then a bird pooped on your head, and you started crying because 'I took such a long time to style my hair'. 

Do you remember when we had our first fight here? About that girl named Jieun? You scored her as your girlfriend. I felt so hurt and left out when I found out that you'd been coming later and later to the willow tree to spend time with her. I still remember what I said, "Bros before hoes". I never knew why I felt so jealous, upset, hurt and left out. I left early that day, leaving you dumbfounded standing in front of the tree. I ignored you for the next few weeks, a bittersweet storm swirling in my heart. You broke up with her next month, and suddenly I was back to my joyful and bubbly self.

Do you remember the day we went for a jog in the morning, and took a rest here? I do, because that was the day I realized I was head over heels in love with you. The mole under your eye, the way the sunshine illuminated your profile, your fluttering lashes, your honey sweet voice, your luscious, pillowy, soft pink lips, the way your tongue darted out to wet your dry and cracked lips, I was in love with it all. It was also the day I realized why I felt so negative about your relationships.

Do you remember prom? You had Min as your date, and I had Gyuhee. You were dressed in a dashing white suit, matching her white loose dress. Your hair was styled to perfection, and I could swear that you put makeup on. I was dressed in a normal three-piece black suit, violently contrasting Gyuhee's soft baby pink frilly dress. My attention was focused entirely on you during the whole event, and when it ended Gyuhee called me a jerk and cried, ruining her makeup. Then we just decided to ditch our dates and hang out at the tree instead. We climbed up the branches and dirtied our suits. You got the worse end, though - you fell in a puddle of wet mud.

Do you remember the day I confessed to you? I was at a low point in life then, I'd decided I have nothing left to lose, so might as well do it. My cheeks were almost as red as the burning evening sun that day as I hesitantly muttered the truth to you. I almost cried, because you were the last thing I wanted to lose, but as I ran away after my confession, I didn't expect you to run after me to tell me the exact same words I said to you, followed by a "Will you be my boyfriend?" I really must thank you, Daehyun. For giving me another glint of happiness in what seemed like an endless tunnel of sadness, disappointment, anger and self-hate. For giving me a reason to live when I had none.

Do you remember our first date here? A picnic, because you wanted to be traditional. Your perfect plans were ruined thanks to a violent storm, but that was easily made up by you coming to my house and playing video games till dawn the next day.

Do you remember our first kiss? We came here together because we were bored and decided to go stargazing to pass time. The full moon shone and reflected on the lake we were sitting in front of. I was tired, so I decided to lie on your shoulder and take a nap. Then you turned to look at me. You thought I wasn't awake, right? You tried to kiss my cheek, but then I quickly sat up and repositioned you so that you'd kiss my lips instead. It was for only a fleeting moment, but my heartbeat sped faster than a sports car. I was convinced, and still am, that your lips were created to fit mine. It moved perfectly, dancing to a song with no beat. You gasped and quickly pulled away and looked incredibly embarrassed. You looked really cute with that light pink blush adorning your cheeks for the rest of the night.

Remember when you proposed to me here? You disguised it as a casual date on our anniversary, telling me to go to the willow tree because you had something special planned there. You were slick, gotta give you that. I really didn't expect a full out treasure hunt from the entrance of the park to the tree. I even had to dig through the tree's roots and climb the branches and looked in the lake for the surpise you hid. When you came out from behind the tree with something behind your back and a bouquet of primroses (which I later found out meant eternal love) and a -eating grin on your face. Immediately I assumed what was going on - that this was a prank. I was so pissed at you for making a fool out of me, but I quickly softened when you got on one knee and pulled the box from behind and said the four words. My anger dissipated almost instantly, and soon my eyes were filled with tears as I nodded and you took my hand in yours, fitting the ring on my ring finger and kissing my forehead.

Those were some memories I will never forget.

 



leave a comment please <3 feedback and criticism is highly appreciated!